C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

The New brakes are here !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 01:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' E39 M5, 10' CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by crazyfox
look AWESOME! now you can stop better! btw why changing these? what's up with your old one bro? anyway! those new breaks will hot on your car too. good choice and taste bro! pls upload a pic after you done with your installation. can't wait to see it in actions!
i do a lot of highway driving, and braking for high speeds a few times makes the current brakes hot and not as effective, and if i decide to increases my cars power, i would not have to worry about stopping. there is nothing wrong with the current set of brakes i just like to have a better stopping power.

Originally Posted by rubensans
Thanks you very much for the photos !!!!!

Can you please measure the actual minimum separation that you have between the c32 calipers and the spokes and after the same but with the SLK 55 030 calipers?

Also overall diameter of the SLK 55 030 front brakes with calipers will be great.

Best Regards and Thanks.
ya i can do that when i get my car back from the dealer and when i go to install the brakes i will take lot more pic and measurements. But i dont get my car back for another 2-3 weeks

Originally Posted by FrankW
heavy suckers...Brembo 355mm 2 piece rotor are about 6-7kg each (14-15lbs) and the calipers are around 10lbs, so after seeing the weight...now IMO the 355mm Brembo GT is worth it.

anyway, I'm putting on the rear AMG 4-pot soon. can't resist the price.
these are Brembo brakes there is nothing different between them, if u look at the pic carefully u will see that brembo stamped on these calipers. so i think they are the same the only difference is that brembo will be in red color and without the AMG stamp. thats all but they will be the same brakes.

Originally Posted by kenstudios
How much did you spend if you dont mind me asking?
$4400 + shipping

Originally Posted by mig888
Yes - this upgrade looks amazing! I've got lip on the LM though, so judging by the pic in your sig I'd understand why this upgrade will work on the 18" AMGs (even with my ET30). I'll likely go with Frank to do the rears - since they're irresistible.

Cheers!
i dont know how well those will work, because u have a 4 piston front brakes and then ur going to put 4 piston in the rear, but our cars are not a 50/50 split so u need to have more braking power in the front vs the rear? so having a 4 piston front and rear may not work as well as u think it would. and the rear brakes is applied every other time. for every 2 times the front brake is applied the rear is applied once. do some more research before u dive in and make the front and rear both 4 piston.
i know some of the porsches use the same 6piston front and 6 piston rear brakes because those cars are 50/50 balanced and use equal braking power to all 4 wheels. so they can get away with the 6piston front and rear setup. but no mercedes uses that because they are not a true 50/50 split
Old 05-22-2007, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVE
Originally Posted by Harry Madan
i dont know how well those will work, because u have a 4 piston front brakes and then ur going to put 4 piston in the rear, but our cars are not a 50/50 split so u need to have more braking power in the front vs the rear? so having a 4 piston front and rear may not work as well as u think it would. and the rear brakes is applied every other time. for every 2 times the front brake is applied the rear is applied once. do some more research before u dive in and make the front and rear both 4 piston.
i know some of the porsches use the same 6piston front and 6 piston rear brakes because those cars are 50/50 balanced and use equal braking power to all 4 wheels. so they can get away with the 6piston front and rear setup. but no mercedes uses that because they are not a true 50/50 split
Yeah, there's a definite brake bias - read somewhere 60/40 (?) - I don't plan to stay 4/4, there's another possibility in my case for a 6pot front setup that I'm exploring only because most 6pot setups won't play well with the Champions. I'll be keeping the 4pot stocked until I'm ready to do the whole brake system...so in essence, I can do the caressing thing like people are talking about =).

flip
Old 05-22-2007, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by AWDman
i mean c'mon...look at the rear calipers....don't you see the shape of a D cup??? don't blame me for wanting to caress cold steel.....
So does the front caliper remind you of that chick from Total Recall?
Old 05-22-2007, 06:47 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
these are Brembo brakes there is nothing different between them, if u look at the pic carefully u will see that brembo stamped on these calipers. so i think they are the same the only difference is that brembo will be in red color and without the AMG stamp. thats all but they will be the same brakes.
haha...i was actually talking about the rotor weight. clamping power of the brembo gt big bore 4 piston should be around the same as its small bore 6-piston. only the contact patch on the 6 is slightly bigger.

originally I thought the two-piece rotors from the 030 would weight similar to the GT rotors that's why I think the GT is still worth it if you are also looking to improve the handling a bit. I still wouldn't buy'em new tho. lol
Old 05-22-2007, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
and at last sensor's: the sensor's part # are

211-540-17-17 and 171-540-06-17
Thanks, Harry.

Looks like the first part number is the same as the C class and the 2nd is different. It's weird cuz they're both listed as "front' sensors. Aren't there rear and front sensors? If so, which number is for front and which is for the rear?
Old 05-22-2007, 07:09 PM

haha...i was actually talking about the rotor weight. clamping power of the brembo gt big bore 4 piston should be around the same as its small bore 6-piston. only the contact patch on the 6 is slightly bigger.

originally I thought the two-piece rotors from the 030 would weight similar to the GT rotors that's why I think the GT is still worth it if you are also looking to improve the handling a bit. I still wouldn't buy'em new tho. lol
Agreed, light rotor would be better, i might switch over to those when i burn through these rotors, i dont think that will be any time soon, but we'll see what happens. according to the dealer these rotors and brakes should last longer then the stock brakes on the car. so when the time comes to change the rotor i'll do some more re-search by then and the new 63 will be out to change there brakes too so there might be a better market for them then.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by drexappeal
Thanks, Harry.

Looks like the first part number is the same as the C class and the 2nd is different. It's weird cuz they're both listed as "front' sensors. Aren't there rear and front sensors? If so, which number is for front and which is for the rear?
the 03 C32 only takes 2 sensors, one for the front and one for the back, sunil just gave me an extra one because he was not sure what one the car will take. there is one for the back and one for the front and i can tell them apart untill i go to install the brakes. that wount be for another 3 weeks at least. i can post more pic and the use of the right sensors when i go to install.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:15 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Agreed, light rotor would be better, i might switch over to those when i burn through these rotors, i dont think that will be any time soon, but we'll see what happens. according to the dealer these rotors and brakes should last longer then the stock brakes on the car. so when the time comes to change the rotor i'll do some more re-search by then and the new 63 will be out to change there brakes too so there might be a better market for them then.
yea, these are suppose to have longer life than normal steel rotors. the pads are thicker too.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
the 03 C32 only takes 2 sensors, one for the front and one for the back, sunil just gave me an extra one because he was not sure what one the car will take. there is one for the back and one for the front and i can tell them apart untill i go to install the brakes. that wount be for another 3 weeks at least. i can post more pic and the use of the right sensors when i go to install.
Sounds good. Looking foward to seeing that. I like how they looked on Steve's wagon. Too bad I don't have the budget to do it right now, but hopefully soon (if I decide not to do a fully custom setup).
Old 05-23-2007, 11:55 AM

Sounds good. Looking foward to seeing that. I like how they looked on Steve's wagon. Too bad I don't have the budget to do it right now, but hopefully soon (if I decide not to do a fully custom setup).
i thought about the full custom setup too, but i just did not want to keep running into problems, at least this way i know it's a plug and play item and i don't have to worry about anything messing up or cut and past different things. as i test out these brakes i will tell u if it is/was worth the money i spent on them.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

i thought about the full custom setup too, but i just did not want to keep running into problems, at least this way i know it's a plug and play item and i don't have to worry about anything messing up or cut and past different things. as i test out these brakes i will tell u if it is/was worth the money i spent on them.
IMO, they are worth it compared to what the Brembo GT's cost. For front and rear setup, it's only a little 'bit more than just the Front Brembo GT 4 pistons!

That's the main reason it's between this setup and a custom one. I know what you're saying about the Plug and Play factor. When it comes to my brakes, that's one performance part nobody can afford to lose while driving. Definitely give us your feedback once they are on. Either way, they look awesome!
Old 05-23-2007, 07:37 PM

IMO, they are worth it compared to what the Brembo GT's cost. For front and rear setup, it's only a little 'bit more than just the Front Brembo GT 4 pistons!

That's the main reason it's between this setup and a custom one. I know what you're saying about the Plug and Play factor. When it comes to my brakes, that's one performance part nobody can afford to lose while driving. Definitely give us your feedback once they are on. Either way, they look awesome!
ya for sure, as soon as i get them up and running i will post all the facts and measurements that are still remaining.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Harry, I'm drooling over your brakes.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:37 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by Fifth Ring
If your stock C32 brakes were losing braking power on high speed braking, then you had a mechanical problem. Any street use is wll within C32 brake capabilities.
C32 brakes are nowhere close to being well enough for all kind of street use...there is a kind of streetuse that the C32 brakes def cannot handle (and I am driving a slow@$$ diesel)

I upped to SLK55 [030] brakes some 4000 miles ago and must say that the difference is extremely noticeable - ESPECIALLY after having to slow down from 220+kmh to 100kmh more then 3 - 4 times in a row

I must say though that these [030] brakes do discolor rather fast as well but at least they continue to slow down the car when required.

greetingz,
Old 05-24-2007, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by MBenzNL
C32 brakes are nowhere close to being well enough for all kind of street use...there is a kind of streetuse that the C32 brakes def cannot handle (and I am driving a slow@$$ diesel)

I upped to SLK55 [030] brakes some 4000 miles ago and must say that the difference is extremely noticeable - ESPECIALLY after having to slow down from 220+kmh to 100kmh more then 3 - 4 times in a row

I must say though that these [030] brakes do discolor rather fast as well but at least they continue to slow down the car when required.

greetingz,
ur conversion, and last post about the brakes is what help make my mind about buying these brakes. before ur post i was a little shaky on the deal and then after u conformed that it is a plug and play item and the braking power is improved by a big noticeable amount. at that point i was like i gota get me a set. so in a way thx for the post that u started about ur brakes.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 Designo 030
Best brake upgrade ever!
Old 05-26-2007, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Brabus K3
I just check and don't have a lot of space.

4 VISA card's: aprox 4mm or 5mm.

Also when I aproach the outside of the rim the spokes come more to the interior.

I have to found the way to know if they will fit.

Best Regards.

Attached Thumbnails The New brakes are here !-dsc00867.jpg   The New brakes are here !-dsc00873.jpg   The New brakes are here !-dsc00874.jpg  
Old 05-26-2007, 09:13 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
you should have plenty of space on the mono S if you want to do the brakes upgrade.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Something Slow
am getting that Rear Setup it looks Great...
Old 05-27-2007, 02:55 PM

Alpine White BMW E90 3er
ohhh god! please!!!! post as many pics as you can wen you put them on! thats gonna look sexy!
Old 05-27-2007, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Brabus K3
you should have plenty of space on the mono S if you want to do the brakes upgrade.
Front are 7.5*18 ET34; I think there is not plenty of space.... but I can be wrong.

Best Regards.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:49 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Front are 7.5*18 ET34; I think there is not plenty of space.... but I can be wrong.

Best Regards.
what brakes do you have right now?
Old 05-27-2007, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
with the Stoptech kit and HREs, i have plenty of space in front (15mm), but very little in the rear (5mm)

glad i didn't shave 5mm off the rears
Old 05-27-2007, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Brabus K3
what brakes do you have right now?
C32 ones with brabus stickers.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:41 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
C32 ones with brabus stickers.
than yea...you'll be fine with the 030 brakes. they're at most 2mm thicker like my 355mm GT calipers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The New brakes are here !