C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Finally Joined the club (C32)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Finally Joined the club (C32)

Well I finally sold my Twin Turbo 350Z and got a C32. It has higher miles (75k) but its in great shape. I am in love with the white because I never see them in white. NE way its stock right now and other than radio stuff... thats how its going to stay (well there may be a grille and lights... but lets not get bug bites this early, lol). NE way I look forward to being an integral part of the club.

Here is a pic... sorry the car is dirty, I have not had time to wash it... only day 2 w/ the car. You guys know what a stock car looks lke so I am not going to post up a bunch of pics, just this one for now.

PS. I heard that the C32 is in Forza 2... I just may get the game for that reason, lol.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Looks Mint! Welcome! You Need Clear Or Painted Coners And A Clk Grill And Flat Hood Emblem To Start.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Welcome to the SHOW

I haven't seen to many white C's. If you like yours half as much as I like mine, you'll have it for LIFE. Traded a BMW 2001 M for mine, and will NEVER go back. AMG IS the life for me!!!

Enjoy

See yeah
Old 06-08-2007, 07:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
welcome
Old 06-08-2007, 10:00 AM

2003 C32 AMG & 2009 CTS-V
Originally Posted by Corrosive
Well I finally sold my Twin Turbo 350Z and got a C32. It has higher miles (75k) but its in great shape. I am in love with the white because I never see them in white. NE way its stock right now and other than radio stuff... thats how its going to stay (well there may be a grille and lights... but lets not get bug bites this early, lol). NE way I look forward to being an integral part of the club.

Here is a pic... sorry the car is dirty, I have not had time to wash it... only day 2 w/ the car. You guys know what a stock car looks lke so I am not going to post up a bunch of pics, just this one for now.

PS. I heard that the C32 is in Forza 2... I just may get the game for that reason, lol.
Nice ride. I've heard many of the vets in here say the White C32 is a rare animal. I'm only celebrating my 1 week anniversary to this club myself, but I gotta say, I'm enjoying the ride so far.

I hope your previous owner addressed many of the problems our elders have been describing. I'm in the process of doing that now,... in fact, my C32 is at my local MB dealership as I type this. They promised I'd get it back today!

Are these things quick or what? Good luck!
Old 06-08-2007, 10:07 AM

C32 AMG
As far as I know all the TSB's were addressed. Right before I went through with everything I made the shop that I got it from install a new intercooler pump. They did it and I feel safe for about a year or two on that common problem.

The only thing that dosent work is the telescoping wheel, I think the motor is out? Anyone know if thats an easy fix?

Also its an 02. Is there a way to make it say the speed I am going. My mom has an 03 G500 and hers can show the current speed of the car. Did they not have that in 02? Thanks guys.

-Mike
Old 06-08-2007, 10:31 AM

As far as I know all the TSB's were addressed. Right before I went through with everything I made the shop that I got it from install a new intercooler pump. They did it and I feel safe for about a year or two on that common problem.

The only thing that dosent work is the telescoping wheel, I think the motor is out? Anyone know if thats an easy fix?

Also its an 02. Is there a way to make it say the speed I am going. My mom has an 03 G500 and hers can show the current speed of the car. Did they not have that in 02? Thanks guys.

-Mike
Check out everything else relating to the seats and steering wheel adjustments. It may not be a motor issue but a failed control module. I will tell you this, when the control modules failes, or is about to fail, all the controls on the side of your door run amuck. In my case the seat adjustment buttons worked in reverse,... push the *** button forward and the seat went back, push the seat back button to recline and the back sets you straight up. Even the mirror adjustment buttons acted strange. And the easy in/out feature pinned you into the car instead of moving the steering wheel and seats out of the way. MB replaced both the control module for the driver and passenger side, as well as some other control modules that showed up faulty during their diag.

I'll tell you another 'must check',... and that's your radiator. The elders have up a ton of info on this topic in several threads. It seems as though the radiator used during our year is prone to allowing the anti-freeze (glycol) to get into the transmission fluid, which is also cooled via the radiator. It appears that when these radiators fail, they are no longer able to keep these two fluids separate,.... and from what everyone says, our transmissions don't like the taste of glycol, and such a diet will brick the trans and/or the torque converter. My MB dealer said they would check to see if there's a problem, but I'm hoping that they will be pro-active and just replace the radiator with an updated one or with one from a different manufacturer.

Last edited by ericpd; 06-08-2007 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:53 AM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
corrosive, we need to get together since you are in H-town...good to see another C32 owner!

i am going to Houston Raceway Park tonight, if you are interested in going, shoot me a PM...my buddy Barratt saw your post over on HI...welcome!
Old 06-08-2007, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63

-Mike
You can cycle through your cluster settings to get the MPH displayed.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:48 PM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by amgmark
Its weird though because on my moms G I can do it right away... but in my car it seems that its not an option... Is there a possibility that there could be a bug? I know its usually in the setting where the miles are displayed you get to that then go up or down w/i that selection.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by amgmark
I just discovered that also,... thanks! I also just discovered that you can replace the default outside temp displayed along with the time on the bottom row with a digital speed indicator in the settings menu. Not as large as the digital speed readout when you cycle,... but it's more permanent! But you'll loose your outside temp readout!
Old 06-08-2007, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 Designo 030
Welcome dude! Good to see another C32 in town.

Great choice in the color.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
From a fellow white AMG owner

Welcome aboard. Good color choice !

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....&postcount=957
Old 06-08-2007, 04:45 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
congrats on the car.

the large MPH readout is in the default mileage page. just go up or down. to change the outside temp to mph readout in that corner go to the setting manual and go into the display manual.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:25 PM

'03 C32
C32 looks fantastic in white. Congrats and welcome.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:11 AM

2002 C32, 2011 VW GTI
Originally Posted by ericpd
Nice ride. I've heard many of the vets in here say the White C32 is a rare animal. I'm only celebrating my 1 week anniversary to this club myself, but I gotta say, I'm enjoying the ride so far.

I hope your previous owner addressed many of the problems our elders have been describing. I'm in the process of doing that now,... in fact, my C32 is at my local MB dealership as I type this. They promised I'd get it back today!

Are these things quick or what? Good luck!
Welcome to the white C32 club It looks just like mine. White C32s are definitely not as common as the typical silver and black versions, though I'd say red is more rare. Just going by what I saw when I was looking, I'd say from most to least common it goes silver, black, gold, dark blue, white and red. I think white is the best looking color myself.

In any case, good luck with it. It's a great car.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:03 AM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Slater126
Welcome to the white C32 club It looks just like mine. White C32s are definitely not as common as the typical silver and black versions, though I'd say red is more rare. Just going by what I saw when I was looking, I'd say from most to least common it goes silver, black, gold, dark blue, white and red. I think white is the best looking color myself.

In any case, good luck with it. It's a great car.
Thanks. So i noticed your interior is merlot... I have white with black interior with purple seat inserts... is that the merlot?
Old 06-10-2007, 07:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
No the color you have is bllue inserts which is a better option imo, Enjoy youre car and welcome to the club. I could never find a white C32 in the three months i looked
Old 06-10-2007, 01:55 PM

03' E39 M5, 10' CLS63 AMG
hey man, congrats on the car.
Welcome to the form. ur car looks clean, if u want to do mods on the car this is a grate place to start. U can find the ans to any question u may have on this form.
put some more pic up of ur car.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:48 AM

2002 C32, 2011 VW GTI
Thanks. So i noticed your interior is merlot... I have white with black interior with purple seat inserts... is that the merlot?
I'd have to see a picture of the interior but you might. The merlot looks like a dark red, perhaps purplish in some light. The blue inserts seem more blue to me, I don't know if you could mistake them for purple. Maybe you could. In any case, a C32 with colored seat inserts is rare. The majority of cars I looked at had straight black interiors and the merlot and blue inserts seem more common on the '02 cars for some reason. I don't have any numbers to back that up, just what I observed.

It's interesting, how they're so low cost now. Mine was less than a new 4-cylinder Accord LX and only had 29,000 miles on it. People are paying six figures for '60s era muscle cars and a stock C32 would smoke 99% of the stock muscle cars out there. I guess we don't have nostalgia on our side here but still, these cars are fantastic value for the money. I plan to preserve mine as stock and keep it for a long time. They're getting harder and harder to find in mint stock condition.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:05 AM

C32 AMG
I'd have to see a picture of the interior but you might. The merlot looks like a dark red, perhaps purplish in some light. The blue inserts seem more blue to me, I don't know if you could mistake them for purple. Maybe you could. In any case, a C32 with colored seat inserts is rare. The majority of cars I looked at had straight black interiors and the merlot and blue inserts seem more common on the '02 cars for some reason. I don't have any numbers to back that up, just what I observed.

It's interesting, how they're so low cost now. Mine was less than a new 4-cylinder Accord LX and only had 29,000 miles on it. People are paying six figures for '60s era muscle cars and a stock C32 would smoke 99% of the stock muscle cars out there. I guess we don't have nostalgia on our side here but still, these cars are fantastic value for the money. I plan to preserve mine as stock and keep it for a long time. They're getting harder and harder to find in mint stock condition.
Cool. Well I have merlot seats then because they are redish/brown/purple... all quite far from blue. I am in the same boat as you on keeping it stock. I will do things like a grill and hood emblem swap, but those can be re-applied in like 20 minutes.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:29 AM
SPONSOR

Cool. Well I have merlot seats then because they are redish/brown/purple... all quite far from blue. I am in the same boat as you on keeping it stock. I will do things like a grill and hood emblem swap, but those can be re-applied in like 20 minutes.

let me take you for a ride in my car, you won't stay stock for long...
Old 06-11-2007, 02:18 PM

2002 C32, 2011 VW GTI
Originally Posted by 1FASTC32
let me take you for a ride in my car, you won't stay stock for long...
Mods are ok, don't get me wrong, but they often fail to deliver bang for the buck, particularly on highly engineered cars like these and, if not properly chosen, can really hurt you. I installed a bunch of mods on my old '97 M3 -- AA intake and exhaust, Shark injector (programming), an X-Brace, UUC short shifter, and floating Euro rotors. Fantastic from a sound and appearance perspective but I doubt they made the car handle or stop much better, or even accelerate much quicker. Still, good mods and I didn't regret them. On my old '99 Camaro SS, I installed an exhaust, torque converter and tuning. Results -- Dreadful. The car lost about 5 MPG, was majorly noisy, and actually felt slower in daily driving due to the TC.

There is a thread on here about a few guys recounting their mod experiences with their C32s. Read that before you take the plunge. Personally, that thread deterred me from ever touching this car but to each his own. Guess it's what they call a personal choice.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:25 PM
SPONSOR

Mods are ok, don't get me wrong, but they often fail to deliver bang for the buck, particularly on highly engineered cars like these and, if not properly chosen, can really hurt you. I installed a bunch of mods on my old '97 M3 -- AA intake and exhaust, Shark injector (programming), an X-Brace, UUC short shifter, and floating Euro rotors. Fantastic from a sound and appearance perspective but I doubt they made the car handle or stop much better, or even accelerate much quicker. Still, good mods and I didn't regret them. On my old '99 Camaro SS, I installed an exhaust, torque converter and tuning. Results -- Dreadful. The car lost about 5 MPG, was majorly noisy, and actually felt slower in daily driving due to the TC.

There is a thread on here about a few guys recounting their mod experiences with their C32s. Read that before you take the plunge. Personally, that thread deterred me from ever touching this car but to each his own. Guess it's what they call a personal choice.

yup, to each his own...that is why i buy a car though, to mod it...make it better than it is from the factory, it is my hobby...but i really enjoy this stuff as well
Old 06-11-2007, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by 1FASTC32
yup, to each his own...that is why i buy a car though, to mod it...make it better than it is from the factory, it is my hobby...but i really enjoy this stuff as well
Agreed. As long as you go in with your eyes wide open. For now, the only mods I'm interested in are those that make the car look a little more distinctive and make it a little more capable on the track. I've changed wheels, springs and grill, and can sleep well knowing that I've done nothing to affect reliability (or my warranty!).

I did not show such restraint with my prior car (A6 2.7T) and paid dearly for it. There's also a built-in deterent with AMGs -- cost. Entry level performance upgrades are a few thousand bucks.

Last edited by Fifth Ring; 06-11-2007 at 03:08 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally Joined the club (C32)