C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

MBCA membership

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C32 AMG & 2009 CTS-V
MBCA membership

Anyone in here a member of MBCA-Greater Washington Section? While at the dealership having my S/C & Intercooler serviced I spoke to another C-class owner who talked about the organization. Can't find anything in the Owner's Online section of MBUSA.com.

Sounds interesting!

Last edited by ericpd; 06-22-2007 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
Originally Posted by ericpd
Anyone in here a member of MBCA-Greater Washington Section? While at the dealership having my S/C & Intercooler serviced I spoke to another C-class owner who talked about the organization. Can't find anything in the Owner's Online section of MBUSA.com.

Sounds interesting!
http://www.gws-mbca.org/

Join national at mbca.org. I'm a local chapter Officer for the Midwest (Twin Cities - Secretary). Let me know if you have any questions. My local group is an amazing cross-section of automotive enthusiasts. One of the more rewarding experiences in my car-guy evolution. Highly recommended!
Old 06-22-2007, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Ditto that....been a member since 1995. DO IT!
Old 06-22-2007, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
2002 CLK430
Double Ditto - I'm not in Washington, but as an MBCA member I can say the benefits FAR exceed the membership dues. The dues include a magazine AND yearly membership is cheap. For example; membership in the Porsche Owner's Club costs 66% MORE!

In fact, the discounts I received in dealer parts and service for last year alone were easily double my MBCA membership dues. Even if you never attend a single event, you still can't go wrong. Sign up today!
Old 06-22-2007, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by MarcusF
Double Ditto - I'm not in Washington, but as an MBCA member I can say the benefits FAR exceed the membership dues. The dues include a magazine AND yearly membership is cheap. For example; membership in the Porsche Owner's Club costs 66% MORE!

In fact, the discounts I received in dealer parts and service for last year alone were easily double my MBCA membership dues. Even if you never attend a single event, you still can't go wrong. Sign up today!
Yeah,... that's what he said, about the discounts and all! Just got off the phone with him and he's mailing me his latest copy of their magazine to read thru. I believed he called it the Metro Tri Star. He also gave me the URL to the Greater Washington Section's site. Gonna go and look the site over as soon as I finish this response and lunch.

He told me he attended some events at a recent National Board meeting in Reston, VA and it hooked him. So he's only a recent member himself but like you guys,... he swears it's a no-brainer! Think I'll take him up on an invite to attend an upcoming DIY Tech Session for a 'look-see',... but based on your feedback, I might not wanna wait for that event to join!

Thanks fellas for the responses!
Old 06-22-2007, 03:25 PM

2002 C32 AMG Orion Blue Charcoal/Blue
Mbca Gws

I know the link was posted above but here it is again:

There is an autocross this Sunday in Winchester. You should come out and check it out. A bunch of good people and a lot of real enthusiasts. I'll be there but I am autocrossing my '06 Boxster S and not the C32.

All the details in the world are on the website.

Carl
Old 06-22-2007, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Carl AMG
I know the link was posted above but here it is again:

There is an autocross this Sunday in Winchester. You should come out and check it out. A bunch of good people and a lot of real enthusiasts. I'll be there but I am autocrossing my '06 Boxster S and not the C32.

All the details in the world are on the website.

Carl
Yeah,... he mentioned something about autocrosses as one of the many events sponsored by this organization. Sounds like something I'd like to join in as a spectator. To be honest, I'm not sure I really understand what an autocross is. For some strang reason I got this image of a field of 2-stroke Saabs with big numbers painted on their doors and electrical tape criss-crossed over their headlights,.... must be the recent documentary on Saab history I saw on one of the history/discovery channels. LOL!

If it's ok with you,... I'll PM you tomorrow in search of clues as to where exactly the event is being held and other particulars. Meanwhile, I think I'll spend some time with MapQuest,... coming from the Balto. metro area!

Thanks for the info
Old 06-22-2007, 04:52 PM
Almost a Member!

'06 C55 AMG
My question is, do you actually get discounts on your service performed on the car? If so, who honors the discount? I usually go to Euromotor, do you know if they will?

Last edited by AMGpowerc55; 06-22-2007 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
S550, R350, GL550, ML63 AMG
I've been to several auto cross events in the past in the GWS. I haven't been for a while, wish they would do events on Saturdays instead of Sundays occasionally.

Lots of fun though.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by bensitto
I've been to several auto cross events in the past in the GWS. I haven't been for a while, wish they would do events on Saturdays instead of Sundays occasionally.

Lots of fun though.
Yeah,... that's what I'm hearing,... lots of fun! I'm taking the drive Sunday. Hope I run into some of the good people from this board!

According to the guy I met at the dealership, this is Autocross #3 in a series of 8 events,... scheduled all the way up to December. Now there's a sight,... MB's sliding er'y-whicha-way in the snow. LOL!
Old 06-24-2007, 07:40 PM

Auto Cross #3

Well I made it to Winchester for the AutoCross,... but I got there just a little too late! A few of the guys were still there but it was clear they were packing up and chewing the bone with each other. You could see were everyone had left a good part of their very expensive tires on the high school lot,... and all the cone had all been collected. Still, the wife and I got in a good ride-a-bout on the C32. On the way back up 340, we stopped and watched some rafting on the Potomac and checked out some Harper's Ferry sights.

I never bothered to look for a time on MBCA-GWS site,... I somehow only focused on date and directions. But now I know, and July 8th will be much different!

Carl: I saw two silver boxers,... one with red calipers and the other not. Both looked nice, and whoever the owners were, they prolly are having trouble keeping buttons sewn on his shirt with all the pride I'm sure they're blessed with.

Again,... thanks for the info.

Last edited by ericpd; 06-24-2007 at 08:24 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:28 AM

2002 C32 AMG Orion Blue Charcoal/Blue
Originally Posted by ericpd
Well I made it to Winchester for the AutoCross,... but I got there just a little too late! A few of the guys were still there but it was clear they were packing up and chewing the bone with each other. You could see were everyone had left a good part of their very expensive tires on the high school lot,... and all the cone had all been collected. Still, the wife and I got in a good ride-a-bout on the C32. On the way back up 340, we stopped and watched some rafting on the Potomac and checked out some Harper's Ferry sights.

I never bothered to look for a time on MBCA-GWS site,... I somehow only focused on date and directions. But now I know, and July 8th will be much different!

Carl: I saw two silver boxers,... one with red calipers and the other not. Both looked nice, and whoever the owners were, they prolly are having trouble keeping buttons sewn on his shirt with all the pride I'm sure they're blessed with.

Again,... thanks for the info.
I saw the Black C32 as we were finishing up. Sorry we were done when you got there!

The timing during the day usually works like this...show up by 8:30am for tech inspection of your car. Your car will be inspected to make sure it's unloaded of your spare, loose materials, drivers floor mat, etc., your wheels will be inspected for proper torque, throttle not sticking, brake check, etc. Very basic and you'll have plenty of people to help and give you hints for tire pressures, etc. as well as having a driving instructor ride along with you until you have it down.

Then there will be a driver's meeting to discuss safety, the day's course and other house cleaning issues. This will be followed by an important walk through of the course. It would be very helpful for you to walk through with the course designer to discuss the lines to take, etc.

Morning runs are timed but do not count for the competition. You typically have four run groups and are asked to work during other run groups. You typically can expect four runs in the morning. After lunch are the timed competition runs. After it's all over people stay to help load everything up and clean the area.

There was one Seal Grey Porsche Boxster S (my car) and a silver Prosche Cayman coupe. Red calipers indicate an S model. I took fast time of the day for first and the Cayman was second about a half second off my time.

I'll be out of town for the July and August event but encourage you to go and participate. You'll be welcomed by a bunch of great people and have plenty of instruction available.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Carl AMG
I saw the Black C32 as we were finishing up. Sorry we were done when you got there!

The timing during the day usually works like this...show up by 8:30am for tech inspection of your car. Your car will be inspected to make sure it's unloaded of your spare, loose materials, drivers floor mat, etc., your wheels will be inspected for proper torque, throttle not sticking, brake check, etc. Very basic and you'll have plenty of people to help and give you hints for tire pressures, etc. as well as having a driving instructor ride along with you until you have it down.

Then there will be a driver's meeting to discuss safety, the day's course and other house cleaning issues. This will be followed by an important walk through of the course. It would be very helpful for you to walk through with the course designer to discuss the lines to take, etc.

Morning runs are timed but do not count for the competition. You typically have four run groups and are asked to work during other run groups. You typically can expect four runs in the morning. After lunch are the timed competition runs. After it's all over people stay to help load everything up and clean the area.

There was one Seal Grey Porsche Boxster S (my car) and a silver Prosche Cayman coupe. Red calipers indicate an S model. I took fast time of the day for first and the Cayman was second about a half second off my time.

I'll be out of town for the July and August event but encourage you to go and participate. You'll be welcomed by a bunch of great people and have plenty of instruction available.
Yeah,... I just slowly rolled through the ranks like a SGT inspecting the troops. But before we pulled off, we quickly stopped to check out that early model tan Merc setting over by the lot. Looked like it was set up for Rally comp. Would have loved to see it move thru the course. Oh,... congrats on the Best Time. Nice!

I just shot off an e-mail to a Mr. Hirtes for instructions on gaining membership. I should have just sent my CC# and expiration to get things started. I'm sure his everything I need to know will be in his response.