C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Any one heard of InMotion tuning?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 01:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C63S,2013 C63 AMG Coupe, 2002 C32 AMG (gone but not forgotten)
bump
Old 11-15-2007, 02:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by alchang32
sorry guys to keep u waiting...

my local dyno shop still has issues wid their dyno jet...im waiting for them to be up n running...

i will post when i get my stock dyno and send my ecu over..

sorry for the wait..
updates? did they fix their dyno jet?
Old 11-15-2007, 09:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
Code3 did you test this yet?

Originally Posted by Code3 Performance
Everyone hold tight I will be dyno testing their tunes on both a stock car and a pullied car very shortly.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
interested also in knowledge.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
BUMP from the grave.

Any news?
Old 04-05-2009, 01:20 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Good Bump just think InMotionUSA has tuned all the fastest SRT6's in the country. Sometimes the MB mentality doesn't allow to really think cheaper is better.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:09 PM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by cruzinquick
Good Bump just think InMotionUSA has tuned all the fastest SRT6's in the country. Sometimes the MB mentality doesn't allow to really think cheaper is better.
+1

And to think I was shopping for an SRT6 and ended up buying the Mercedes...

Just looking for maybe one C32 guy who has an InMotion tune. I think the ECU's are different from SRT to C32, but the actual fuel and timing tables can't be that much different. If they're identical, let me know and I'll call InMotion right now.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:42 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Originally Posted by Forza1
+1

Just looking for maybe one C32 guy who has an InMotion tune. I think the ECU's are different from SRT to C32, but the actual fuel and timing tables can't be that much different. If they're identical, let me know and I'll call InMotion right now.
Call Rob at Needswings (click on nw mods in my sig will take you to site). He did all the dyno's and datalogs for our tune with InMotionUSA. Maybe he knows of one, I personally don't think anyone in a MB have given InMotionUSA a chance.

I've had the 93 and 100 tune and both were quite impressive. Another 6 here has the 91 tune on NOS and still see's the favorable AFR's with great results.

If you datalog, start with the regular $350 tune then hit the track or open road and log your runs. With a little help you can read your logs and send the results back to InMotion for tweaking. You'll be bumping to the custom tune for an additional $150 but can forever upgrade for just the cost of shipping your ecu to him. I've sent mine on Monday and had it back on Wednesday. Numerous times. Again the key to tuning is just that. Tuning and tweaking until your getting the power you want and in the safe zone afr wise.

Best thing to do is call James at InMotion, he answers the phone and is eager to chat. He's brutally honest so don't be surprised if he tells you whats a good or bad idea. I personally prefer that over bs.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Take Evan's word for it, He Data logs every single race on his laptop. His SRT6 is stupid fast.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:00 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
Take Evan's word for it, He Data logs every single race on his laptop. His SRT6 is stupid fast.
Mike will be doing the same very soon. His C55 sounds better than anything with a 55 in it. I've heard alot of them too.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Actually most of the time the C32 community is looking for cheapest way to mod rather its parts or tune but its hard to trust certain vendors thus most of us don't wish to venture in an unknown direction. Alot of us bought these cars at $30k and up prices or near and just hate to be the first to try something without the very well researched members of this community....its all about doing things safely.

If I owned a SRT6 and was part of your community then I would feel safer to use them without asking...keep in mind alot of vendors price services according to make.

Old 04-05-2009, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Wow, way blast from the past. Just realized a mod edited my inital post a few years back. WTF's up with that?!lol
Still don't know of any 32s running this tune and still haven't seen dyno results (for the 32 that is).
Old 04-05-2009, 01:31 PM

Srt-6 Crossfire
I have the inmotion tune. Fast turn around and very helpful. No issues.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:33 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Originally Posted by c32used
Actually most of the time the C32 community is looking for cheapest way to mod rather its parts or tune but its hard to trust certain vendors thus most of us don't wish to venture in an unknown direction. Alot of us bought these cars at $30k and up prices or near and just hate to be the first to try something without the very well researched members of this community....its all about doing things safely.

If I owned a SRT6 and was part of your community then I would feel safer to use them without asking...keep in mind alot of vendors price services according to make.

Your right that's exactly how I felt. I wasn't trusting any tuner out there. If it wasn't for Rob running dyno's and datalogs then I probably still wouldn't be tuned. I'm not a fan of dyno's and if they are used for a tune then it should be your starting point.

Each car is different and the ecu forever adapts. To protect your motor then datalogging is a must and should be considered one of the first mods. Just for pure safety. Too many have trusted tuners and only after logging find out they are running 15+ AFR's. Especially with the 185's and stacked pulleys. To date my car has never been on a dyno, yet my tune is safe and still delivering performance with the best of them.

Someone with a datalogger has to pave the way for each tuner. I didn't know anything about logging before Rob pointed me in the right direction.

On your last point of MB being priced because it's an MB. That's very true as well, but doesn't have to be. Just look at all the parts we have for the SRT6 motor. A handful under $1k, and not one silly airbox over $2k, that can't compete with our best CAI's. Until the E55 crowd realizes this, it will continue to happen.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:35 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by Forza1
+1

They are very different. And just FWIW our last track event had a inmotion car that LET flashed at the track that gained .1 on the quarter.

Did the same thing with BikeCops SRT6 that was a monster. He was talking a lot about the car (with good data to prove it) I raced him with my c32 (us 41 track day) and took him 3 out of 4 times. He then agreed to be flashed with a LET tune and he gained .2 on his next pass.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:22 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Actually 12.3 for a SRT6 is pretty mediocre now. Hate to say it but that was so last year. I know 12.3 is major for a C32 because of the weight and CAI restrictions. JTurkel would be happy to be anywhere near mid 12's. We'll see how he fairs after his recent LET tune. Hooley's car can give you an idea what it will take to get your cars into the 11's besides nos. Not sure how much heavier the c55 is to the c32. Also that's in our substandard DA, US41 should be much favorable.

What was your DA when you ran your 12.3? If you don't know just post date, time, et, mph and I'll get it for you. When Jturkel runs it would be nice to compare DA results to level the runs. Also did you spray water/meth on that pass? He should be comparable hp to yours, maybe?
Old 04-05-2009, 05:45 PM
SPONSOR

Actually 12.3 for a SRT6 is pretty mediocre now. Hate to say it but that was so last year. I know 12.3 is major for a C32 because of the weight and CAI restrictions. JTurkel would be happy to be anywhere near mid 12's. We'll see how he fairs after his recent LET tune. Hooley's car can give you an idea what it will take to get your cars into the 11's besides nos. Not sure how much heavier the c55 is to the c32. Also that's in our substandard DA, US41 should be much favorable.

What was your DA when you ran your 12.3? If you don't know just post date, time, et, mph and I'll get it for you. When Jturkel runs it would be nice to compare DA results to level the runs. Also did you spray water/meth on that pass? He should be comparable hp to yours, maybe?
here ya go...
http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-16680.html

I sprayed a 35 shot of nos at that run. It used more for the cooling effects than the power. I also use cryogenic cooling before runs, and the track prep at 41 is never good.

I am patiently waiting for Josh's runs, we talk all the time and he should be mid to high 12's with his mods. (expecially after the new headers...)

HP wise....nada. I got him by a good 20-30hp to the wheels (without spray).... I will actually be amazed if I don't hit high 11's this track season. My 12.3 was me skipping off the line in the first 60'
Old 04-05-2009, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
not sure if this is going offtopic or not, but i will be going up to phoenix for runs at the track next weekend for sure. i was too sick this weekend and actually am still enjoying a cocktail of five different medications.

either way, not sure if mid12s are going to be possible without DRs......before my pulley swap and upgraded tune, i could only pull a best 2.1xx 60' and run a 13 flat at 109.....i think if i had some nice beefy tires to run i could possibly hit mid 12s.....then again, 91 octane and possibly high DA and temps could play a big role....we'll see, will keep you guys up to date (and may see you next weekend evan, not sure which track hooley wants to go to yet)
Old 04-05-2009, 06:15 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Originally Posted by loungn14
here ya go...
http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-16680.html

I sprayed a 35 shot of nos at that run. It used more for the cooling effects than the power. I also use cryogenic cooling before runs, and the track prep at 41 is never good.

I am patiently waiting for Josh's runs, we talk all the time and he should be mid to high 12's with his mods. (expecially after the new headers...)

HP wise....nada. I got him by a good 20-30hp to the wheels (without spray).... I will actually be amazed if I don't hit high 11's this track season. My 12.3 was me skipping off the line in the first 60'
Yea that's pretty good DA, it's hard to tell if the nos took you to negative DA or not. Last night when Hooley made his pass, the track was not prepped like a race night. It was just a test n' tune, but I gave him a pair of hoosiers with a little life still in them. They made all the difference. So far the best set up from him, myself, and chiromikey are 16's with hoosiers or mickeys. I wouldn't of believed it myself for his car to hook that well. That's without LSD, and both tires got spinning during the burnout. It's crucial to get that burnout with both tires locked up and spinning. BTW, DA was 1875' on his pass last night. Also 15psi seems to be the best.

If Josh hit's 12.6's or 12.7's that would be equivalent or close to your run. That's going to be a task especially since it's only going to get warmer. Each easter it get's cloudy and cooler so maybe it might be just his time. We'll see if we can't bolt him up some 16's.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:30 PM
SPONSOR

Yea that's pretty good DA, it's hard to tell if the nos took you to negative DA or not. Last night when Hooley made his pass, the track was not prepped like a race night. It was just a test n' tune, but I gave him a pair of hoosiers with a little life still in them. They made all the difference. So far the best set up from him, myself, and chiromikey are 16's with hoosiers or mickeys. I wouldn't of believed it myself for his car to hook that well. That's without LSD, and both tires got spinning during the burnout. It's crucial to get that burnout with both tires locked up and spinning. BTW, DA was 1875' on his pass last night. Also 15psi seems to be the best.

If Josh hit's 12.6's or 12.7's that would be equivalent or close to your run. That's going to be a task especially since it's only going to get warmer. Each easter it get's cloudy and cooler so maybe it might be just his time. We'll see if we can't bolt him up some 16's.

ya, I got to do something. I ran with 19" monoblock reps that are approx 30lbs each on streets..

we all need to get out to MIR and go downhill for some good numbers..
Old 04-05-2009, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
ya, I got to do something. I ran with 19" monoblock reps that are approx 30lbs each on streets..

lol.....MIR + downhill FTW!......might as well throw on a strong tailwind and some 100 octane
Old 04-05-2009, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG

not sure what the DA is going to be, but if i get traction, i can see myself hitting 12.6s or 12.7s......after the pulley kit and tune, i picked up at least two CLs Evan......after brock installed longtubes on his camaro, he pulled hard on me, about 2 CLs from im gonna say 40-120 or so......i picked those back up and maybe a little more
Old 04-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63

I'm down for some down hill runs. Evan how about that trailer? I need to to find the dyno-jet of race tracks.

I bought my drag rims from tire rack they are 16 inch and made for a C240 they fit no problem at all. and were like $89 a wheel.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:55 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
I'm down for some down hill runs. Evan how about that trailer? I need to to find the dyno-jet of race tracks.

I bought my drag rims from tire rack they are 16 inch and made for a C240 they fit no problem at all. and were like $89 a wheel.
Me and Mikey already decided your buying the truck, looks like we may need a 4 car trailer. LOL.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:57 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Originally Posted by jturkel
not sure what the DA is going to be, but if i get traction, i can see myself hitting 12.6s or 12.7s......after the pulley kit and tune, i picked up at least two CLs Evan......after brock installed longtubes on his camaro, he pulled hard on me, about 2 CLs from im gonna say 40-120 or so......i picked those back up and maybe a little more
Mine or Hooleys DR's have to fit. That will give you the best chance. I would be blown away if you get to 12.6's. I would have to say barring DA that would put you as the fastest. How about getting better first and get ready.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any one heard of InMotion tuning?