C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Are There Any Pulley Kits MB Offers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 08:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
Are There Any Pulley Kits MB Offers

Is there a pulley kit and ECU reflash that Mercedes offers directly for the C32. I know like with BMW you can by a Dinan S/C and you do not void your factory warranty at all. Someone here mentioned if I go with a pulley kit and the drive-train goes and they attribute it to the pulley it is not covered under warranty. That could be a very expensive fix I would say.

I think stock boost on the car is 14 PSI? Correct me if I am wrong. What would a middle of the road pulley kit bring the boost up to?

So to re cap is it safe to say a stock c32 0-60 is about 5.2-5.3, 1/4 mile mid 13's? With a pulley kit you are looking at 4.7-4.8 0-60 and mid 12's in the 1/4?

What is Avg price on LSD (For The Car Of Course)
Old 10-31-2007, 09:03 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by bud4ya
Is there a pulley kit and ECU reflash that Mercedes offers directly for the C32. I know like with BMW you can by a Dinan S/C and you do not void your factory warranty at all. Someone here mentioned if I go with a pulley kit and the drive-train goes and they attribute it to the pulley it is not covered under warranty. That could be a very expensive fix I would say.

I think stock boost on the car is 14 PSI? Correct me if I am wrong. What would a middle of the road pulley kit bring the boost up to?

So to re cap is it safe to say a stock c32 0-60 is about 5.2-5.3, 1/4 mile mid 13's? With a pulley kit you are looking at 4.7-4.8 0-60 and mid 12's in the 1/4?

What is Avg price on LSD (For The Car Of Course)

www.renntechmercedes.com One of your local MB dealerships should be Renntech Authorized. It will not void your warranty, but you might have to buy it through the dealership.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:28 AM

I just called Benz dealer in town and they said they do nothing but stock parts. I asked about the paint thickness and they had no idea. Pretty scary

Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry
www.renntechmercedes.com One of your local MB dealerships should be Renntech Authorized. It will not void your warranty, but you might have to buy it through the dealership.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:10 PM

Not an AMG :(
I just called Benz dealer in town and they said they do nothing but stock parts.
It just depends on the dealership when it comes to aftermarket performance parts. For example, there are 3 main MB dealerships here in ATL - only one of them readily accepts mods from reputable companies such as Kleemann and Renntech.
I asked about the paint thickness and they had no idea. Pretty scary
You are probably best off getting the name of the contractor the dealership uses for paint jobs - they would probably know what the median thickness should be.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry
I am a firm believer in RENNtech and have been such for the last 15 years but the notion that a RENNtech pulley does not void the warranty is just a story.

Any upgrade creating more boost will potentially void the warranty. It all lies in the hands of the service writer and tech. If they want to make the pulley an issue it will most certainly be an issue.

If you need an engine replacement and MB sees the pulley installed they will hand you a bill and void the warranty for the drive line (at least ask for factory approval for every future claim). On small issues a nice writer and tech will never care about the upgrades but big items that trigger factory intervention (busted trans, diff, motor, low compression, new compressor, etc) require the car to be totally STOCK. I know a car that needed serious work due to low compression and a shake at idle. The tech tested the car and saw low compression and told the owner to take the car home, make it COMPLETELY STOCK and come back in a month. The owner did that and well after some rebuilt heads, two replaced pistons (cracked) and some other items the car was back to being healthy. This was not a RENNtech car (it was a different beloved MB tuner) but same goes for all tuners. Mods void warranty. Simple as that.

The long block and or crate motor request form has a series of questions that go as follows. Is the car an AMG? Does the car have any performance upgrades (including but not limited to Pulley upgrades, Airbox, Headers, Throttle body etc)? If no does the crank pulley look to have been R&R'd in the past? MB knows what AMG owners are up to and motor requests trigger very careful eyes to come look at the car before any claim is approved.

Being close friends with your tech and service writer is the only real way to prevent issues with warranty and modifications (regardless of tuner). On a theoretical basis mods void warranties but everyone with mods gets warranty work done. It is how you go about getting issues resolved.

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 10-31-2007 at 12:29 PM.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:35 PM

I think the car is completly stock. How could I tell from a visual inspection of the pulley was upgraded or not? How easy would it be to swap out the pulley before bringing it in for repair work?

The car is at a consignment place so I can not get the guys name. I am sure they do not want me to speak with him and work out a deal direct.

Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
I am a firm believer in RENNtech and have been such for the last 15 years but the notion that a RENNtech pulley does not void the warranty is just a story.

Any upgrade creating more boost will potentially void the warranty. It all lies in the hands of the service writer and tech. If they want to make the pulley an issue it will most certainly be an issue.

If you need an engine replacement and MB sees the pulley installed they will hand you a bill and void the warranty for the drive line (at least ask for factory approval for every future claim). On small issues a nice writer and tech will never care about the upgrades but big items that trigger factory intervention (busted trans, diff, motor, low compression, new compressor, etc) require the car to be totally STOCK. I know a car that needed serious work due to low compression and a shake at idle. The tech tested the car and saw low compression and told the owner to take the car home, make it COMPLETELY STOCK and come back in a month. The owner did that and well after some rebuilt heads, two replaced pistons (cracked) and some other items the car was back to being healthy. This was not a RENNtech car (it was a different beloved MB tuner) but same goes for all tuners. Mods void warranty. Simple as that.

The long block and or crate motor request form has a series of questions that go as follows. Is the car an AMG? Does the car have any performance upgrades (including but not limited to Pulley upgrades, Airbox, Headers, Throttle body etc)? If no does the crank pulley look to have been R&R'd in the past? MB knows what AMG owners are up to and motor requests trigger very careful eyes to come look at the car before any claim is approved.

Being close friends with your tech and service writer is the only real way to prevent issues with warranty and modifications (regardless of tuner). On a theoretical basis mods void warranties but everyone with mods gets warranty work done. It is how you go about getting issues resolved.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:20 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32

My Mercedes dealership is an authorized Renntech dealer. I had most of my parts installed there and they have told me time and time again that products sold and installed by them will not void your warranty. In fact, after another dealership voided jgsx's warranty, he took his car to my dealership and they fixed his problems.

I guess it's all about who you know.

Trending Topics

Old 10-31-2007, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Brabus or Renntech.. are very respected by dealers..

don't worry about warranty..

I have take both of my cars with pullies for service and repairs.. and no issues at all.

MB dealers are not as crazy as the BMW dealers when it comes to mods. They can be, but for the most part they are not.