C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

For those who track their cars?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 09:53 PM
OPM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A specific tire choice can also play a major roll in what is and what is not “too wide”. Some tires are narrower than average and some are wider. And there is a huge variation in sidewall stiffness. BTW, I am not disagreeing with spr. I too would choose a narrower tire for those rims. Although with them the car might feel more consistent, it's because the tire is flexing more and the handling is less precise. Furthermore, I would avoid 18 and 19 inch rims at all costs.

“Race car driving is like sex. Most guys think they're good at it, but few actually are.” - Jay Leno.

PS - I shared the room with Fifth.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Thumbs up

Guys the knowledge you guys post will help me to become a paper expert for the track...at least I will be able to sound like I know what I am doing

Seriously I appreciate it!
Old 12-02-2007, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by AWDman
its ok dude i heard you the first time.

thanks for the advice.

fifth, you're too funny.
Perhaps he should put it into his sig so we don't forget it.

Funny Story: On the AudiWorld boards there was a guy who went on and on about his race experience and race instructor credentials. People started checking his claims and found out it was almost entirely bogus. He would brag about driving a particular car in a particular race series at a place and date; and quick sleuthing proved him to be full of it. He scaled his claims back to being a Skip Barber instructor (or something like that). Then, about a year later, he pops back up making the SAME bogus claims!
Old 12-02-2007, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E36M3 race car/Ferrari F355 GTS/1973 Mini 1275GT/Fiat Abarth/ML63/SLK55
i always like to say it's not where you start but where you end up....

i consider myself fortunate to have this guy as a resource, a friend and my tech. an unassuming and cool and laidback a character as you could every hope to meet. when i put the c32 in the wall at lime rock he fixed everything finished the car at 2am the morning of another event 6 days later.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=z8MYGFF4I...e=user&search=
Old 12-02-2007, 01:58 PM
spr
MBWorld Fanatic!

Are you suggesting I am this person? I have never owned an audi, nor do I frequent those boards. My statements are merely a matter of fact to demonstrate a perspective because some members take things the wrong way.

It looks like I might take one of the cars out soon. Should be fun as I haven't driven it since before law school.

AWD- fun video although that guys saws on the wheel a lot!

Last edited by spr; 12-02-2007 at 02:01 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by AWDman
i always like to say it's not where you start but where you end up....

i consider myself fortunate to have this guy as a resource, a friend and my tech. an unassuming and cool and laidback a character as you could every hope to meet. when i put the c32 in the wall at lime rock he fixed everything finished the car at 2am the morning of another event 6 days later.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=z8MYGFF4I...e=user&search=
Awesome video Excellent overtaking
Old 12-02-2007, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by spr
Are you suggesting I am this person? I have never owned an audi, nor do I frequent those boards. My statements are merely a matter of fact to demonstrate a perspective because some members take things the wrong way.

It looks like I might take one of the cars out soon. Should be fun as I haven't driven it since before law school.

AWD- fun video although that guys saws on the wheel a lot!
No.