ASP Pullies installed and Dynoed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 08:56 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by c32used
Ok a while back I did a Dyno at same place and it was 299 rwhp 290 tq with the SL55 Y splitter, Magnecor wires, Denso Iridium plugs and 2 freshly cleaned Green filters on the graph it shows 297 but its cause the Tech selected wrong dyno run from last run. Since then I added the ASP pulleys and threw in my fresh K&N filters and got 311.67 RWHP 314.65 RWTQ on run showing 308.03 it was after I reinstalled my dirty Green filters but I strongly feel if the Green filters were clean the same result would be had as the K&
N. I can't wait for the Tune and Dyno then re-dyno again with the H/E and Johnson I/C pump installed. These are uncorrected numbers and as for conditions look on the graph please.

Congrats Victor! I'm glad to see you making some good power.

I think everyone is forgetting that your baseline dyno was 285whp. This means that with plugs, wires, SL55 splitter, filters, and ASP pulley, you picked up 26.6whp and even more wtrq.

I don't want to speak for you, but it seems that you picked up a good amount of power for less than $1k.

Good job!

Also remember that the dyno we go to is known for low numbers. I put down the same whp on a dyno dynamics vs. this dynojet. This is one reason why I like using this dyno. If we wanted higher numbers, we could always hit the dynojet out in your area.

Let your track times do the talking...it's nice to hear someone say "you only put down 336whp....man that car can move."

Last edited by sales@eurocharged.com; 11-30-2007 at 08:58 AM.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry
Congrats Victor! I'm glad to see you making some good power.

I think everyone is forgetting that your baseline dyno was 285whp. This means that with plugs, wires, SL55 splitter, filters, and ASP pulley, you picked up 26.6whp and even more wtrq.

I don't want to speak for you, but it seems that you picked up a good amount of power for less than $1k.

Good job!

Also remember that the dyno we go to is known for low numbers. I put down the same whp on a dyno dynamics vs. this dynojet. This is one reason why I like using this dyno. If we wanted higher numbers, we could always hit the dynojet out in your area.

Let your track times do the talking...it's nice to hear someone say "you only put down 336whp....man that car can move."

Thanks Jerry

The dyno run that showed 285 was with very dirty K&N filters in 80+ degree weather but the 299 I got a week later with fresh Green filters and 76 degree weather so I posted the better count............either way 25 RWTQ is definitely noticable and I feel it will put me in the 12s now without a Tune I might try Byron just to see if open.

here is link to that dyno graph for 284 and the 299...

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/209833-dyno-numbers-my-baby.html

Please keep in mind dirty Green filters yeilded 3 less RWHP then the fresh K&N did on same dyno on same day. That being said I am placing either cleaned Green or K&N filters every 3k miles now instead of 5k miles.

Last edited by c32used; 11-30-2007 at 10:37 AM.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C32 AMG - RIP :(
Originally Posted by Code3 Performance
By the way 1FSTAMG, I know what you mean
NICE! Looks sweet! Here's a couple of mine before I sold it.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Thanks for the results! I agree with others that 12 rwhp from the pullies is a little disappointing... I was hoping you'd get more from the increased boost. But I agree with you that 25 rwtq is more encouraging for sure.

Drag-strip experts want to chime in: is 14 crank hp and 30 crank tq enough to pick up 3 or 4 tenths?

I'd bet that adding the Evotech ECU tune will get you high 12's, and if you were to add headers and/or LSD, you'd be consistently be seeing mid 12's.

Let's not forget - a "mid 12's" car is an EXTREMELY fast car. When R&T tested the 2008 Shelby Super Snake (605 hp / 590 tq), 0-60 was 4.4 and 1/4 was 12.5

http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/d...helbyGT500.pdf
Old 11-30-2007, 01:04 PM

02 C32 AMG sold!
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Thanks for the results! I agree with others that 12 rwhp from the pullies is a little disappointing... I was hoping you'd get more from the increased boost. But I agree with you that 25 rwtq is more encouraging for sure.
Remember just because his car gained 12rwhp doesn't mean
other C32's will gain this amount either, not all engines are
the same and will react different to other mods differently.

I'm sure people are baffled at my 65HP & 87TQ gains on the
few bolt ons I installed on my C32 on a Mustang dyno. Going
back next week on a Dynojet to show the difference.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by neihouma

+1
Old 11-30-2007, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002

I noticed your sig say "IK22 PLUGS GAPPED TO .0035" is that the spec gap for our cars maybe I should check mine
Old 11-30-2007, 05:00 PM

02 C32 AMG sold!
I noticed your sig say "IK22 PLUGS GAPPED TO .0035" is that the spec gap for our cars maybe I should check mine
That's what I gapped mine to.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Completely agree... there really seem to be huge variations in both stock hp/tq figures from car to car, AND significant variations in how well (or poorly) they respond to certain mods.

Correct me if I'm wrong, neihouma, but I remember reading lots of posts (and threads?) from you, essentially disappointed that your car's dyno performance was much like a stock C32 even after a bunch of mods. Clearly, that's not the case anymore - is there one mod that you attribute "unlocking" most of the power you're now seeing? My guess is ECU tune...
Old 11-30-2007, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
You know I will admit they had issues with their dyno and after about 4 free runs they determined it was running fine during the pre-runs my torque was as high as 1200 with horse power showing 250 so I am thinking of re-dynoing at another dynojet or mustang dyno place....hey Jerry what kind of Dyno does GRD have?
Old 11-30-2007, 09:24 PM

02 C32 AMG sold!
Correct me if I'm wrong, neihouma, but I remember reading lots of posts (and threads?) from you, essentially disappointed that your car's dyno performance was much like a stock C32 even after a bunch of mods. Clearly, that's not the case anymore - is there one mod that you attribute "unlocking" most of the power you're now seeing? My guess is ECU tune...
Yes you remember correctly, the company originally flashed
the WRONG file on my car after (4) visits to the dyno, (3)
sets of spark plugs when (3) other members knew. After the
2nd flash AND a 2nd charge (which I wasn't suppose to pay)
my car is NOW running correctly, and of course after they got
their money they won't bother to return my emails & every
time I call there none of the guys I dealt with are available
and never returns my phone call. This company is like
Magnecor, they are either a HIT or a MISS. I guess I got
lucky expensively.

I REALLY look forward to work with Erick, before he even
open LET he's just a car enthusiast as I am and was always
there when I had a question, that tells you what type of
guy he is, and knowing him he has a lot of promising things
for you C32 guys who are reading this.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You know I will admit they had issues with their dyno and after about 4 free runs they determined it was running fine during the pre-runs my torque was as high as 1200 with horse power showing 250 so I am thinking of re-dynoing at another dynojet or mustang dyno place....hey Jerry what kind of Dyno does GRD have?
Hey c32used, not trying to hijack this thread (I didn't feel I should start the new one, since I didn't find it) but that's an interesting find on your part with the Phantom Grip LSD.

Is anyone currently running their LSD? I see they quote a price for 2002 SLK32 (presumably the same tranny we have, right?).

Does anyone know how their approach compares to the Quaife ATB? I certainly like their price-point better, as they're less than 1/3rd the price of a Quaife... anyway, just giving props where they're due - nice find, I'd be interested to hear more if any C32 or SLK32 owners have this LSD set-up on their cars - perhaps a "Quaife vs. Phantom Grip" thread is warranted, I dunno.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Hey c32used, not trying to hijack this thread (I didn't feel I should start the new one, since I didn't find it) but that's an interesting find on your part with the Phantom Grip LSD.

Is anyone currently running their LSD? I see they quote a price for 2002 SLK32 (presumably the same tranny we have, right?).

Does anyone know how their approach compares to the Quaife ATB? I certainly like their price-point better, as they're less than 1/3rd the price of a Quaife... anyway, just giving props where they're due - nice find, I'd be interested to hear more if any C32 or SLK32 owners have this LSD set-up on their cars - perhaps a "Quaife vs. Phantom Grip" thread is warranted, I dunno.
I got the info from reading a thread from the crossfire forum and found price alot closer up my spending wants so I kepted the website aand maybe might be considering it. They offer the slk32 so I presume there must be a good market for it so hopefully if any of our member use it maybe we will get insight on it.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Yes you remember correctly, the company originally flashed
the WRONG file on my car after (4) visits to the dyno, (3)
sets of spark plugs when (3) other members knew. After the
2nd flash AND a 2nd charge (which I wasn't suppose to pay)
my car is NOW running correctly, and of course after they got
their money they won't bother to return my emails & every
time I call there none of the guys I dealt with are available
and never returns my phone call. This company is like
Magnecor, they are either a HIT or a MISS. I guess I got
lucky expensively.

I REALLY look forward to work with Erick, before he even
open LET he's just a car enthusiast as I am and was always
there when I had a question, that tells you what type of
guy he is, and knowing him he has a lot of promising things
for you C32 guys who are reading this.
Hey its pretty interesting to know what companies are giving this kind of service so if its not a big deal post them or pm me so I am informed please
Old 12-01-2007, 05:49 PM

2002 SL500 SL2
No disrepect to anyone on here, but let me get this straight...

You got a boost of about 12 Horse power with a pulley upgrade? Something is seriously wrong here... On the crossfire, we are seeing gains of 35-45 HP with the ASP pulley. Also, on the dyno, the SRT-6 lost HP with the SL55 intake setup. 290ies stock with filters sounds about right, but only 12 more with pulleys? Are you sure your IC pump wasn't going bad? I know you said your Johnson pump took a crap right afterwards...

You guys might want to contact Rob at www.NeedsWings.com, he has come up with a cold air intake that makes up to 30 RWHP on a dynojet with no other mods... Combine his intake, an In-Motion ECU custom Tune and ASP Pulley and these AMG powered Crossfires are putting down power in the 375-385 RWHP range and running traction limited 12.20's ALL DAY! With a good set or Drag Radials and these three simple mods, the SRT-6 should be a high 11 second car. All for less than $2,000 in mods...

Basically, stock the Crossfires run between a 13.00 and 13.40 stock depending on conditions. With just the NeedsWings intake we are seeing an easy .2-.3 second improvement in the 1/4 mile. Combine that with the ASP pully and they run 12.4-12.5 and with an ECU tune they are running 12.20s...

That's all with very safe Air/Fuel ratios and safe Exhaust Gas Temps on 93 Pump gas...
Old 12-01-2007, 10:33 PM

07 E550, 02 C32, 91 300E
Don't forget that our engines are hand built guys. Probably why they vary so much in power.

NeverEnough, dont forget that your car is 300lbs lighter than ours too.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Guy I am trying to re-dyno on Monday at another location prior to sending ECU out. I had been putting 89 octane to save money and unfortunately there was a quarter tank left when I mixed in 93 octane but now it should be full 93 octane so hopefully thats what kepted my number less then expected my car feels like it got a small shot of nitrous so I really fail to believe that those numbers are truely correct....dyno problems combined with two mixtures of gas is not to promising in reflection to pulley output so hopefully Monday morning I will be able to dyno or I feel the ECU reflash might get to much credit if my numbers dyno much higher then expected.

P.S If I were able to drag race it I would definitely know

Last edited by c32used; 12-01-2007 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:23 PM

07 E550, 02 C32, 91 300E
Well that would have averaged to about 92 octane, better than what we get here in California haha. Wait till after the reflash before you dyno again, that would probably save more money than running 89 gas lol.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by DarkXerox
Well that would have averaged to about 92 octane, better than what we get here in California haha. Wait till after the reflash before you dyno again, that would probably save more money than running 89 gas lol.

Well found a local dynojet center thay can squeeze me in before I send ECU so will have updated post 2morrow sometime. This time it will be full 93...
Old 12-03-2007, 01:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
srt 6 chrysler crossfire
good luck NeverEnough is right something is going on. He is the fastest on Crossfireforum.org as of now but HDDP has somethings in the works that I'm sure will trump all. This seemed like a perfect thread for this with a ton of views so I hope I'm not Hijacking by showing you the new stuff from Needswings and HDDP's polished engine.
Attached Thumbnails ASP Pullies installed and Dynoed!-im1.jpg   ASP Pullies installed and Dynoed!-im2.jpg   ASP Pullies installed and Dynoed!-p1000782.jpg   ASP Pullies installed and Dynoed!-p1000790.jpg   ASP Pullies installed and Dynoed!-p1000792.jpg  

Old 12-03-2007, 02:39 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
'02 C32, '10 135i M-Sport, '10 E63, '17 GLE63S
Used, where do you get your work/dynos done around here? I'm quite a bit north of you, but it can't hurt to find out where the quality joints are, right... even if the car has only been in my possession for three days?
Old 12-03-2007, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by evilsaint
Used, where do you get your work/dynos done around here? I'm quite a bit north of you, but it can't hurt to find out where the quality joints are, right... even if the car has only been in my possession for three days?

Go to http://www.mustangdyne.com/locator.htm and

http://dynojet.com/dyno_centers/list_automotive.aspx

I prefer these two dyno as do many others these will show you the closest one to you.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by SRT6
good luck NeverEnough is right something is going on. He is the fastest on Crossfireforum.org as of now but HDDP has somethings in the works that I'm sure will trump all. This seemed like a perfect thread for this with a ton of views so I hope I'm not Hijacking by showing you the new stuff from Needswings and HDDP's polished engine.
Guys this is interesting it will go no where right here is this thread so post a new thread about it so other can see and read about this mod............even if it won't work with us C32 owners but maybe the SLK32 owners it might.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by evilsaint
Variety have a service spot and a dyno spot if need be I am mostly trying to find a one stop but no luck yet.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
A couple of comments:

1) The runs were done on different days, different conditions. Atmospheric conditions make a tremendous difference on our FI cars

2) The graphs show UNCORRECTED numbers on both runs. Without correcting to SAE, we don't know if the car is making the power it should.

3) I would guess the fans used for the dyno were a bit undersized - it is very difficult to simulate road speed airflow on a stationary dyno, and the numbers will show this.

Dyno operation isn't like plugging numbers into a calculator and getting a result. There is a proper (and improper) methodology to achieving the data, usually based on operator experience. Changes to tire inflation, strapping methods and airflow are all ways to skew the numbers.

I would ask for corrected numbers immediately from the dyno operator if possible.

Last edited by ChicagoX; 12-03-2007 at 12:31 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ASP Pullies installed and Dynoed!