C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Remote Starter maybe available soon!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C55 AMG
Remote Starter maybe available soon!!!

I know of a shop thats installing a remote starter in the owners cls. Their installer supposedly is an electronics genius when it comes to things like this. I will see how true that is. So far they have been working on this for a week ordering and trying new parts. The sales rep keeps me updated daily on their progress. I will keep you guys informed when they have a finished product. He is estimating it will cost anywhere from $400-$650 for a One button remote start (only). We could still use our cool chrome keys for keyless entry. They are not getting in to keyless entry devices until they figure out how to start the car first.

Just my thoughts.... wouldn't they be able to use the same technology as the shifter push button starters like the sl500, but just shrink that into a keychain wireless device.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 718 Likes on 699 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
sounds like aftermarket mod, no?

remote starter is only useful if u live in a condo/apt....
here's one that does that plus more...

Old 12-19-2007, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Also good if you live in snow areas and want to heat car up so keep us posted...
Old 12-19-2007, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by F1ferrari
I know of a shop thats installing a remote starter in the owners cls. Their installer supposedly is an electronics genius when it comes to things like this. I will see how true that is. So far they have been working on this for a week ordering and trying new parts. The sales rep keeps me updated daily on their progress. I will keep you guys informed when they have a finished product. He is estimating it will cost anywhere from $400-$650 for a One button remote start (only). We could still use our cool chrome keys for keyless entry. They are not getting in to keyless entry devices until they figure out how to start the car first.

Just my thoughts.... wouldn't they be able to use the same technology as the shifter push button starters like the sl500, but just shrink that into a keychain wireless device.
Hey there F1 next Spring when we do a Drag day at US41 you should come....I want to see how C55s do at our elevation.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:12 AM

'05 C55 AMG
I'm down...I usually go to the autobahn in joliet, my boss owns a garage there.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:18 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S

The shop that installed my Avic and Focals can do remote start for our cars. It requires an extra key that they need for programming the remote start.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
I'm down...I usually go to the autobahn in joliet, my boss owns a garage there.
Cool...you should mention it maybe we can go there also. Is that a dragway to?
Old 12-20-2007, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry
The shop that installed my Avic and Focals can do remote start for our cars. It requires an extra key that they need for programming the remote start.
Post there price if you can....the remote start F1 mentions is the same thing by using another remote just to start car also.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:28 PM

'05 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by c32used
Cool...you should mention it maybe we can go there also. Is that a dragway to?
Nope, no dragway.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:30 PM

'05 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by c32used
Post there price if you can....the remote start F1 mentions is the same thing by using another remote just to start car also.
Yes please do so and maybe name and location of place. Which avic do you have?
Old 12-21-2007, 08:52 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Yes please do so and maybe name and location of place. Which avic do you have?
Here is their link.

Partial owner and master installer, Sean Young, has won installer of the year award and the company has had 6 magazine covers over 6 years. They do great work and I have had numerous compliments on the sound of my system.

http://www.sounddecisioninc.com/pdfs/installer.pdf

I got an AVIC-D3 for free, so I installed that instead of the Z2 for now. I wasn't sure I was going to like the system and didn't want to drop anymore $$$.

The Focals are amazing, and they sound great powered by the Alpine PDX 4.150. I also have an Alpine PDX 1.600 waiting to go in over the holidays. I installed the AVIC, XMNAV Traffic, bluetooth module, and I ran the dual 4G power wires and 6 channel RCA's. They installed the components in the front and rear doors, as well as full dynamat all around. They also installed the PDX in the trunk. It is mounted on the rear deck. I have some old school kicker comps that I have been saving for a special day, and they will be installed next with along with the new PDX. It took me so long because I couldn't decide on the box that I wanted in the trunk. It had to be installed so I could remove it during track events.

Great guys over there.....a little expensive, but worth every penny.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:58 PM

RENNtech C32 AMG
Hey any update on the install of this?? It's getting hot as hell here in AZ and I WANT ONE!!