Bluetooth options for C32?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 01:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' E39 M5, 10' CLS63 AMG
Bluetooth options for C32?

hey guys,
what other bluetooth options are there for the C32? i have the argos unit installed but the phone quality really sucks.. if the car is standing still it works grate... no problems at all... but once u get the car moving its nutz the ppl on the other end can not here me at alll. so i was think that it could be the problem with the Argous unit.. and if i was to go into a different bluetooth unit it may make the phone system in my car better..

or do any of u know how i can get rid of the road noice on my phone mic?
Old 02-24-2008, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 C32, 2010 GLK350
Argos works great in my car. Maybe the problem is your phone, or that you have tires that produce a lot of road noise.

The other option for fully integrated BT in the car is to install a phone PSE (if you don't already have one), cradle and puck. The problem is that it costs about triple what Argos runs, and uses the same mic anyway.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by DPC32
Argos works great in my car. Maybe the problem is your phone, or that you have tires that produce a lot of road noise.

The other option for fully integrated BT in the car is to install a phone PSE (if you don't already have one), cradle and puck. The problem is that it costs about triple what Argos runs, and uses the same mic anyway.
it use to work grate with my car too.. then the benz dealer had the full head liner out and then after that the phone system just did not work well.. its just the mic portion of it... ppl cant hear me.

well i wonder if there is a way to install a noise reduction shield to make it sound better. or make the mic just take more of the cabin noise then the road noise. i dont think my tires are noise at all
i'll look in the market and see what i can get for the car
Old 02-25-2008, 02:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by Harry Madan
hey guys,
what other bluetooth options are there for the C32? i have the argos unit installed but the phone quality really sucks.. if the car is standing still it works grate... no problems at all... but once u get the car moving its nutz the ppl on the other end can not here me at alll. so i was think that it could be the problem with the Argous unit.. and if i was to go into a different bluetooth unit it may make the phone system in my car better..

or do any of u know how i can get rid of the road noice on my phone mic?

I can't understand why you are having issues with your Argos BT system Mine worked flawlessly with Sony Ericson, Nokia and Iphone...
Old 02-25-2008, 02:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
it use to work grate with my car too.. then the benz dealer had the full head liner out and then after that the phone system just did not work well.. its just the mic portion of it... ppl cant hear me.

well i wonder if there is a way to install a noise reduction shield to make it sound better. or make the mic just take more of the cabin noise then the road noise. i dont think my tires are noise at all

Why not just change the Mic? Maybe it got damaged after they worked around it
Old 02-25-2008, 02:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Question

Are you planning to sell ur car?
Old 02-25-2008, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by c32used
I can't understand why you are having issues with your Argos BT system Mine worked flawlessly with Sony Ericson, Nokia and Iphone...
Ya i dont know either, i had the sony erison then i got the iphone and they are both having the same problem the ppl on the other end cant here me... only when the car is moving above 20 km/h. when the car is still then the mic works grate.. is there a way to change the sensitivity of the mic?

Why not just change the Mic? Maybe it got damaged after they worked around it

that may be a good option, do u think its an easy plug and play item? or is it something in depth... that would need a lot of work?

Are you planning to sell ur car?
no i'm not selling the car... i was trying to say let me what what i can get in the market for the car to fix the mic problem. may be a shield around the mic to take out the road noise?
Old 02-25-2008, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Thats great cause your car looks much to nice to get rid of it...

To me you must have some sort of sensitivity issue with your mic....I doubt it will be plug and play...you will need to trace the mic back to see if somehow something got pinched.... if so resplice it or even replace the mic...but you need to make sure the mic is not pinched somewhere...
Old 02-25-2008, 02:11 PM

Thats great cause your car looks much to nice to get rid of it...

To me you must have some sort of sensitivity issue with your mic....I doubt it will be plug and play...you will need to trace the mic back to see if somehow something got pinched.... if so resplice it or even replace the mic...but you need to make sure the mic is not pinched somewhere...

thx, ya i love my car too much to get rid of it...

ya i'm just not comfortable about ripping out the roof cover to trace the wire, but it looks like i might have to do that...
but i was thinking that they may not have put the insulation around the mic, maybe thats why its picking up too much road noise / EMP that is distorting the mic and not letting it get a clean signal when the car is running. so do u know what i can get in the market to insulate the mic, and that just may take the road noise / EMP out of the mic. if that does not work then i will take it to the next step like u said and trace the wire back an hope its not been pinched and if so i might just go through with it and replace the whole mic unit.

thx again for the help
Old 02-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
i had MHI kit with BT puck...
there was terrible echo problem on the other party....

took out PSE and put argos module and works great...
if ur argos doesn't work, then i guess ur only alternative is parrot kit i also have on my ML and works great as well...
Old 02-26-2008, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by MJ50
i had MHI kit with BT puck...
there was terrible echo problem on the other party....

took out PSE and put argos module and works great...
if ur argos doesn't work, then i guess ur only alternative is parrot kit i also have on my ML and works great as well...
soo PSE is out of the question...

does any one know how to take that part of the car apart? i know where the mic is but dont have a clue on how to take it apart to check the wires or replace the mic
Old 02-26-2008, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
how much is the argos BT? anyone knows where I can get it cheap?
Old 02-27-2008, 01:12 AM

03 C32, 2010 GLK350
Originally Posted by Trekman
how much is the argos BT? anyone knows where I can get it cheap?
About $800 new, but I've seen forum members selling them for about half that. Search the classifieds.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by DPC32
About $800 new, but I've seen forum members selling them for about half that. Search the classifieds.
+1(actually about $860 new with D2B cable)

At half price its a steal I sold mine for $415 shipped to a forum member in Canada...they are rarely on classified so scoop them up as soon as you see them...a potential buyer mentioned he could get it new for the $700s but don't recall where
Old 02-27-2008, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Hey Harry,

The fogs from Ebay I mentioned looks like you can use your xenon fog kit on it...
Old 02-29-2008, 06:14 PM

Hey Harry,

The fogs from Ebay I mentioned looks like you can use your xenon fog kit on it...
is it hard to swap the fogs? does the bumper have to come off?
Old 02-29-2008, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
is it hard to swap the fogs? does the bumper have to come off?
Well the shop I used removed the front bumper so I presume you must maybe but also maybe you can do it by removing the black plastic from the bottom of the front bumper