C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

A turning point in Mercedes tuning...Performance Supercharger Pulley

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
+1 Brandon can you post stock vs your set up A?F ratio's

Originally Posted by SteveL
Is the A/F chart with the new pulley or the original pulley? It would have been good to post red and blue to show any differences.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:52 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
hate the mystery...where's the pic at
Old 03-12-2008, 10:30 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 148 Likes on 108 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by FrankW
hate the mystery...where's the pic at
+1
Old 03-13-2008, 12:59 AM

Location: Home is Stockholm, Sweden. But my work takes me around the world, right now I work/live in Laos, South East Asia.
C32 T 2003. Mods? MANY!! :)
Seen it...

Brandon,
At last it's out! I can't wait to get home in April and install all my mods from you...And guys, I have seen drawings of the pulley and it looks amazing! Really good work from Brandon and his gang!

Can't wait to get my hands on one!
Old 03-13-2008, 01:48 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
Hi guys. I am beat as I have been traveling most of the day. I also spent a few hours on the dyno tonight. Here are the results. I will answer questions tomorrow when I get a chance.

The dyno below is the same as always. 91 octane, 4th gear run to 140mph, dyno mode. Although, I was a little hesitant tonight for some reason, so the curve isn't as pretty as usual The dip is me thinking the car was going to kick down, so I backed off...But you get the idea. Normally the curve is straight across. Blue is pulley+intake mod, red is stock.

Mido, I will send you an updated picture. Nothing like the first prototypes you saw, its waaay better We even gave the pulley some style.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
those are some really nice numbers
Old 03-13-2008, 05:24 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
nice gains...so how much boost are you actually running with this set up?
Old 03-13-2008, 05:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
.......the smaller s/c pulley idea as everyone knows is not new. I am other are running smaller s/cer pullies in our Kleemann s/cers. There was reason relating to the the s/c clutch that supposedly made it not feasible in the factory s/ced AMG cars. Does this reason no longer exist? Was the reason bogus? what is the deal with the new smaller s/c pulley and clutch? Will the s/c clutch be warrantied for thoe who buy your smaller s/c pulley? You may wish to clarify and reassure. Because if you do, you can sell a lot of these. If it remains a mystery, then people will reman skeptical and play it safe and stick with the crank pullies. The E55 guys might even get interested.

Ted

Last edited by Ted Baldwin; 03-13-2008 at 05:44 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:45 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
.......the smaller s/c pulley idea as everyone knows is not new. I am other are running smaller s/cer pullies in our Kleemann s/cers. There was reason relating to the the s/c clutch that supposedly made it not feasible in the factory s/ced AMG cars. Does this reason no longer exist? Was the reason bogus? what is the deal with the new smaller s/c pulley and clutch? Will the s/c clutch be warrantied for thoe who buy your smaller s/c pulley? You may wish to clarify and reassure. Because if you do, you can sell a lot of these. If it remains a mystery, then people will reman skeptical and play it safe and stick with the crank pullies. The E55 guys might even get interested.

Ted

right now I'm picturing a smaller pulley built onto a new clutch plate.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:48 AM

07 E550, 02 C32, 91 300E
wow the a/f curve looks almost identical for both runs. Does this mean we wont need new software?
Old 03-13-2008, 06:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by DarkXerox
wow the a/f curve looks almost identical for both runs. Does this mean we wont need new software?
Guys, boost is boost, wether it comes form a larger crank pulley, or smaller supercharger pulley. YOU NEVER NEEDED NEW SOFTWARE, FOR EITHER.

That was my point for the poll on pulley with or without a tune. The tune simply gets you a little more. Our computers are THAT good.

see yeah
Old 03-13-2008, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Will the s/c clutch be warrantied for those who buy your smaller s/c pulley? You may wish to clarify and reassure.
Ted
Son, this is the world of tuners, and unless it's being sold by AMG, there are no warranties and no assurances. (I'm assuming this to be the case.) YMMV, YCMBO
Old 03-13-2008, 10:28 AM

2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
I am also wondering if there is an issue with the pulley clutch with this set up. I was told there is but is seems from reading this there is not

Ted
Old 03-13-2008, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Too bad this wasn't available a couple weeks ago, I would have considered it. I am upgrading to a LET pulley.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by jgsx
Too bad this wasn't available a couple weeks ago, I would have considered it. I am upgrading to a LET pulley.

Joe what happened to getting a C63?
Old 03-13-2008, 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Brandon

Why the mystery on showing the pulley?
Also tell us about your intake mod?
Is this recent dyno with both a upgraded pullied crank and your S/C pulley?
Old 03-13-2008, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by c32used
Joe what happened to getting a C63?
MY08 doesn't offer the 030 performance pack, so no LSD. I'll never purchase and AMG w/o LSD again. I'm going to pick up a C63 in MY09, which is only a few months away.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:29 AM
Banned

C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
Pictures and specifications will be available a few days before they go on sale. I am simply protecting our extensive R&D efforts. As you can see, people have seen the piece in person, seen the Solidworks models, and tested it on their vehicles.

I want to put in perspective just how good the sc pulley and intake mod together are. So I put together this dyno comparison. The green line represents a stock C32. The blue line represents the pulley only. The red line represents the pulley + intake mod. The car was still strapped down when I made the intake mod change, so these are back to back runs. The SL55 intake has nothing on this piece in terms of power...I have always felt the SL55 intake was a complete waste of money. Sure some people have seen some power from it, but it wasn't what the car needed. Not only does our intake mod make great power on a pulley car, it makes good power on a stock car. Plus it actually fits...

Old 03-13-2008, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by jgsx
MY08 doesn't offer the 030 performance pack, so no LSD. I'll never purchase and AMG w/o LSD again. I'm going to pick up a C63 in MY09, which is only a few months away.
I see...so you can buy an 09 C63 in May 2008? You have to come to our meets before and after you get new car.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by Code3 Performance
Pictures and specifications will be available a few days before they go on sale. I am simply protecting our extensive R&D efforts. As you can see, people have seen the piece in person, seen the Solidworks models, and tested it on their vehicles.

I want to put in perspective just how good the sc pulley and intake mod together are. So I put together this dyno comparison. The green line represents a stock C32. The blue line represents the pulley only. The red line represents the pulley + intake mod. The car was still strapped down when I made the intake mod change, so these are back to back runs. The SL55 intake has nothing on this piece in terms of power...I have always felt the SL55 intake was a complete waste of money. Sure some people have seen some power from it, but it wasn't what the car needed. Not only does our intake mod make great power on a pulley car, it makes good power on a stock car. Plus it actually fits...

Its not the NEEDSWING mod right that the SRT6 guys are using? Its cool but UGLY imo...Crossfire guys please don't be offended by my opinion.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Banned

C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
No no, nothing like it at all.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by Fifth Ring
Son, this is the world of tuners, and unless it's being sold by AMG, there are no warranties and no assurances. (I'm assuming this to be the case.) YMMV, YCMBO

.............I understand your point. However this situation is a bit different. Every reputable tuner from Brabus to Renntech to Kleemann have opted for the less desirable crank pulley because they were all concerned about the s/c clutch. Enter code3 performance with what appears to be a break through but with no explanation of the s/c clutch issue. It leaves everyone scratching their heads. I am very willing to accept that code3 performance may have figured out what others could not, but an explanation before selling the product seems like a reasonable request. If code3 performance does not wish to explain, perhaps for fear of giving away trade secrets, and is certain that the s/c clutch pulley issue has been resolved, then they should demonstrate it in the form of a warranty of the s/c clutch for customers who purchase their smaller s/c pullies.

Ted
Old 03-13-2008, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by Code3 Performance
No no, nothing like it at all.
Cool...let us know soon. Also will the intake mod work seperately from the S/C pulley and still provide great breathing for my crank pullied car?
Old 03-13-2008, 12:35 PM
Banned

C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
Lets talk about a few things.

The magical SC Clutch, is not magical...Its a simple two-piece bolt-on pulley and armature plate. The Code3 Pulley works identical to the stock piece, if not better. We designed it to be stronger. We even gave it a little flare to look cool. We also use a quality NSK bearing.

Check this link out...Toyota MR2 Supercharged with electromagnetic clutch pulley upgrade. This mod is not new or magical. The problem is, most cars don't use this wacky pulley setup. They simply have a bypass valve.
http://autospeed.com/cms/A_2316/article.html

Many people run an "upper and lower" pulley. Check out Cobras or Minis just to name a few. But even though the lower is available, most people stick with just the upgraded sc pulley. In fact, more commonly, if you swap out the crank pulley, you keep it the same size, but purchase a lightweight version. Very common with Minis.

This is all about money, and many people realize that. Some cant seem to bring themselves to believe it though. Don't think that I didn't talk to everyone I could before I even embarked on this project, which included engineers from Magnuson and Jackson Racing. We could have copied a crank pulley like everyone else, and called it a day. But why? Its not the logical way to make power. A company looking to make a quick buck doesn't want to embark on creating a completely new piece. There are 17 pieces to the stock sc pulley. Sometimes modifications are about perception. Sell people a big fancy crank pulley, and you can justify a higher price. Plus, look at all the money shops were making off of installation...Why sell them a piece that they can install themselves. They want to keep it magical.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Banned

C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
Yes, the intake mod will have the same effect on a car with crank pulley. It will available separately, as well as bundled with the pulley.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: A turning point in Mercedes tuning...Performance Supercharger Pulley