C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

A turning point in Mercedes tuning...Performance Supercharger Pulley

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Don't you have more important things to do then to answer questions on this forum?
Hey, I still love 32s!
Old 06-05-2008, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP
I meant at 24 psi level belt slippage and so forth.

Stage III - usually makes around 19 psi and is OK.

Ideally, bigger blower is needed.

AND??? Is a bigger blower possible or do we then get into issue of engine longevity. What DO YOU personally believe is the logical max for PSI before longevity issues really start to arise, over the 20 PSI Range???

Glenn
Old 06-05-2008, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 E550, 02 C32, 91 300E
Originally Posted by indyjoe
Don't you have more important things to do then to answer questions on this forum?

I think you need to look at the bottom right of his sig
Old 06-05-2008, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by TopGun32
do you know how many boards he would constantly be monitoring to stay current with all the posts? SRT6, C32, E55, CLS55, SL55, S55 ect.ect.

You don't see Evosport Posting daily with in the hour or Renntech.

FYI.

Brandon was at my home around 9pm after doing work on a SRT-6. He has his car loaded with parts and tools. Practically a moving garage.

We are working on S/C pulley for the E55, its basically done. He is also working on a few other new projects (cooling projects)

In my mind and his mind.. the S/C pulley for the C32 is a done. At this point its up to the customers to customize as they feel needed.

From a stock car.. it makes power just the pulley alone. Add the filter and makes more power and better response.

Adding a 178mm or 185 or ect.. it will take time.

In fact he already has dyno'd an SRT-6 with Renntech pulley and ECU and added S/C clutch... as promised, but they are still testing a few different things.

All I can say.. the SRT-6 with Upper and Lower pulley and ECU made huge HP and TQ to the level of a Stage 2 C32. But there is making sure boost is safe. So they are trying a few other things, like idler pulley, a bit larger S/C pulley and various belts.

But all these changes take time and days and money spent on Dyno sessions.

He is a 1 man band gents.. and he is trying the best he can. He is shipping international and domestic orders, he working on new R&D, talking to people on the phone for hours and travelling around installing his products.

That's how he makes a living, but he has a family too.

I've too been absent for the same reason... it just too many speculations, rumors, wishes, wants...

At this point.. I only respond to threads that are breaking new ground, DIY jobs, or fix many bugs we have.

The rest of the threads.. I simply ignore and spend time with my 2 little boys.

With Gas prices now.. I could care less of making 400RWHP on my C32. I'm driving 65mph all day long.
Top Gun,

While I usually find your posts very much worthwhile and illuminating, the exaggeratory and defensive posture in these two is disappointing. You make it sound like Brandon's your little brother and we're picking on him...

Who's whining that Brandon doesn't post responses "within an hour"? Look at a calendar my friend - it's been almost three weeks since Brandon's posted ANYTHING in this thread that HE CREATED TO HELP MARKET AND SELL HIS PRODUCTS.

He's a "one-man-band" - that's fine, and I for one applaud him taking the plunge to become a small business owner (and MB tuner, no less). However, that means that he's responsible for designing, R&D'ing, producing, marketing, selling, and fulfilling orders for his products, all by himself. IMHO it seems he really enjoys a couple of those, and the others... not so much. Maybe you could modestly be "on the payroll" and help, if you both are inclined...?

"What questions are you talking about? about the pairing of two pullies (crank and clutch? He does not have offer any crank pullies.. so why should he help other tuners? About the boost when pairing a crank pully and s/c? same answer. Why should he help other sell crank pullies." - Are you kidding? I think your missing a BIG point here, my friend... how many mbworld C32's do you think are still on stock crank pullies, vs. a modded (i.e. larger) one? C32/SLK32/SRT6 vehicles with modded crank pullies are potentially A HUGE target market for C3P. It's not like these cars are going to go back to a stock crank pulley so they can use the S/C pulley, in all likelihood; they'll just add it IN ADDITION for extra boost, if feasible. If not, they won't buy the S/C pulley... simple as that.

Bottomline, if you're going to open the "Pandora's Box" of marketing your products through myriad car forums, you've got to be prepared to follow through. If the C3P S/C pulley is a "done deal [sic]" as you mention, Brandon should've proactively posted a final "thanks for your questions and feedback, please PM or call me with any further information requests" and then worked with the moderators to close the thread... not simply disappear. I agree w/ indyjoe that it would likely be a few minutes (10-15 tops) if kept up with regularly, to answer a pertinent question or two and/or provide an update. My $0.02.

Vadim, thank you for your informative input, as always. Sounds like the C3P S/C pulley might be FEASIBLE when added to a crank-pullied car in the short-term, but likely ill-advised when considering longer-term issues of reliability, adequate fueling, etc etc.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 c32
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM

Vadim, thank you for your informative input, as always. Sounds like the C3P S/C pulley might be FEASIBLE when added to a crank-pullied car in the short-term, but likely ill-advised when considering longer-term issues of reliability, adequate fueling, etc etc.
I spoke with Vadim in re. to the crank/sc pulley and he advised against this combo. Furthermore, Vadim advised to stay away from sc pulley b/c of belt slip.

Recommendations were to go 181mm crank pulley, headers, 55 air boxes/filters, tune, and IC pump.

Last edited by AirFrcd; 06-05-2008 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:35 PM
M_M

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
I have run as much as 24 psi, combined with other mods, it made over 400 RWHP. To reach this level there were other mods done to ECU, to make MAP sensor happy.

In the end, I detuned the car back to Stage III (360 RWHP). At that boost level the blower will not live very long and belt slippage is non stop. In addition, on cold morning, the kompressor clutch slips too. This is what is going to happen when this boost level is reached.
Vadim, at what boost level did the problems start (MAP, Slippage etc), the 24 psi or the Stage III 360 RHP??? Clarify please???

Glen[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't know others, but I've been running the pulley combo for like three weeks now without tune, no problems so far, belt slip? yes, but minimal. I don't know how much boost does my car running though.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by DarkXerox
I think you need to look at the bottom right of his sig
My response was meant to be a joke, and a subtle slam to the poster claiming Brandon is way to busy to be posting on this forum because of all the other projects he's working on. Obviously VRP is a little "busier" than Code3, yet Vadim takes the time to occasionally provide updates and responses to questions.

sorry I had to spell it out.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:13 AM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by M_M
Vadim, at what boost level did the problems start (MAP, Slippage etc), the 24 psi or the Stage III 360 RHP??? Clarify please???

Glen

Well, I don't know others, but I've been running the pulley combo for like three weeks now without tune, no problems so far, belt slip? yes, but minimal. I don't know how much boost does my car running though.[/QUOTE]

It would be very interesting for us to know your boost level. Try and get a gauge - or other diagnostic tool.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:26 AM

1991 Toyota MR2, 2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by M_M
Well, I don't know others, but I've been running the pulley combo for like three weeks now without tune, no problems so far, belt slip? yes, but minimal. I don't know how much boost does my car running though.
Please confirm which combination. You've got some rock solid *****.

EDIT: Wrong quote.

Last edited by turbo16lbs; 06-06-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
gents,

I won't try defend Brandon for not posting or taking the time. That's on him.

I'm at a peace with I had in my mind yesterday and don't regret standing up for the guy.

In other news....

My C32 is running great.. I hit 25mpg a few times this week. Belt looks normal.. and I check it everyday.

I'm really happy with the set up. Its not too much power, but enough to drive the car in "C" mode ( I have a revised TCU)

there is enough torque under 3k to really pull nicely from 2nd.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:54 PM

02 C32 AMG sold!
You guys can ***** as much as you want. He created this pulley as a "ALTERNATIVE"
towards the crank pulley. I remember reading all you guys complaining about
paying over $1000 for a crank pulley system (I paid $990 shipped to me
directly from ASP when I could've gotten it cheaper through a vendor here)

NOW if YOU want to combine a CP (crank pulley) and his SCP (supercharger
pulley) hey BY ALL MEANS go for it. His intentions where NEVER for that.
Look at his first post. He's trying to make it CHEAPER for you guys to make
your C32 faster.

NOW he should take his time in and say what I said, and to let you know you
can go on your own way. I'm sure he doesn't want to be liable if YOU blow
up your supercharger for overspinning it, whatever combo pulley you have.
And when you blow up your motor by tuning this pulley combo, who are you
gonna blame?

IF you're wondering, I DON'T have any of his products and I'll NEVER will.
That's a different story. God damn this place became like the IS forums.
*****ing about everything possible.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:16 PM

1991 Toyota MR2, 2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by neihouma
You guys can ***** as much as you want. He created this pulley as a "ALTERNATIVE"

your C32 faster.

gonna blame?

Totally speaking off topic, I heard you had some spare headlights from moosejaw. Could you send me a PM if you still have them? Thanks.

Ok resume.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:22 PM

your C32 faster.

gonna blame?

The problem is that HE was the one that initially said that he was going to test with the crank pulley, and expected huge numbers, which would make the demand for his product even that much greater. Obviously they ran into problems, and he has gone silent. Why not just say, hey this didn't work so we are trying some other things, we'll provide an update in a few weeks? How are is that? When VRP has problems they are open about it, and then work towards a solution or go another direction.

Listen, I defended Brandon from skeptics originally in this thread, and I hope he sells thousands of SC pulleys, but to just disappear is just bad business.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
...God damn this place became like the IS forums.
You take that back.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:29 PM

02 C32 AMG sold!
Originally Posted by turbo16lbs
Totally speaking off topic, I heard you had some spare headlights from moosejaw. Could you send me a PM if you still have them? Thanks.

Ok resume.
Sure. If you have $1000 they are yours. I'll deliver them too!

Originally Posted by indyjoe
The problem is that HE was the one that initially said that he was going to test with the crank pulley, and expected huge numbers, which would make the demand for his product even that much greater. Obviously they ran into problems, and he has gone silent. Why not just say, hey this didn't work so we are trying some other things, we'll provide an update in a few weeks? How are is that? When VRP has problems they are open about it, and then work towards a solution or go another direction.

Listen, I defended Brandon from skeptics originally in this thread, and I hope he sells thousands of SC pulleys, but to just disappear is just bad business.
Oh really. Well as stated in my post I don't read anything he posts, I try
to skim his posts because of my experience with him. WELL since he did
promise something and didn't delivery then YES he's at a bad start off. So
I'll take back what I said, but still hold to some of what I said. He got
himself into a situation where he couldn't control and looks like an ***.

Originally Posted by ChicagoX
You take that back.
That WAS low. I'm going to hell for saying that one
Old 06-06-2008, 05:43 PM

2002 C32 AMG
I'm running both ASP and Code3. It pulls great mid-range, but the car seems to be pulling a lot of timing up top. The power really drops off above 5000RPM. However, I just got my ECU back from Jerry today, so I will install that this weekend to see if it helps. I was seeing 20.5 PSI (on MAP sensor) at about 4800RPM once I got the belt slip corrected. Unfortunately, the car was actually pulling harder on the top end when it did have belt slip due to lower pressure / more timing (seeing about 19.5 PSI on Map with slip) but not as hard mid-range.

Speaking of belt slip; I have a solution for that which will work for the ASP guys (maybe others) as long as they did not throw away the stock idler pulley. It will acheive about 70-75% belt wrap on the S/C pulley vs. less than 50% stock. Once I can get the pics uploaded, I will share.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:32 PM

02' C32 - 07' H2 - 07' BMW K1200R
Originally Posted by Eleventeen
I'm running both ASP and Code3. It pulls great mid-range, but the car seems to be pulling a lot of timing up top. The power really drops off above 5000RPM. However, I just got my ECU back from Jerry today, so I will install that this weekend to see if it helps. I was seeing 20.5 PSI (on MAP sensor) at about 4800RPM once I got the belt slip corrected. Unfortunately, the car was actually pulling harder on the top end when it did have belt slip due to lower pressure / more timing (seeing about 19.5 PSI on Map with slip) but not as hard mid-range.

Speaking of belt slip; I have a solution for that which will work for the ASP guys (maybe others) as long as they did not throw away the stock idler pulley. It will acheive about 70-75% belt wrap on the S/C pulley vs. less than 50% stock. Once I can get the pics uploaded, I will share.
Please do post them when you can, I am wondering if I am thinking the same thing you are when I stare at my spare parts box? I was taking a look at Vadims "Wrap" kit and wishing that I could fabricate something similar that would work on our 32's.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:12 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by TopGun32
gents,

I won't try defend Brandon for not posting or taking the time. That's on him.
Guys - I normally wouldn't do this, but I have to take Brandon's side on this one. I can tell you that it's hard to find time to post now. LET and Code3 are very similar and I can only speak for us. LET has 3 functioning minds running things and it still gets overwhelming at times.

Tuning is a risk we all choose to take. You can't expect Code3 to test every possible pulley combo out there.

My hats off to you for a good product, Brandon. As a forum member, I'm glad you are helping the community.

I haven't forgotten where LET came from and I have many nights where I get less than 4 hours sleep. It's a tough world and you have to work to get where you want to be.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:12 AM

02' C32 - 07' H2 - 07' BMW K1200R
Code 3's intake mod showed up today in the mail !

Thanks Brandon!!! - I hope you can post again here soon - I hate to see anyone getting slammed here that has taken the time to develop go-fast products for our C32's!!

I hope Jerry does not get mad, but I am going to share what he relayed to me about the LET 185 & Code 3 pulley being used at the same time. I am going to try it hell or high water...but I am going to let Jerry tell me when:

From Jerry today 6.6.08

"I don't think the 185 pulley and the Code3 pulley would be a smart idea."(Responding to me about adding the C3 S/C pulley to my set-up at this time - and having Jerry remote tune my ECU for the combo) " I think it's too much boost to run without injectors. Let us test this out locally before you buy it. I have a local C32 owner that is running our 185 and he bought the Code3 pulley for testing. We are going to try it out with injectors once they are ready....I'll keep you posted on the progress."

Based on this, I am not giving up hope. I have been excited since post #9 too!

I am still very new here, but I think everyone should back off of Brandon/Code 3 a bit. I have not heard of any complaints about his offerings, and I don't think he has ripped anyone off..Has he?

At times the amount of complaining I read about how long it is taking for a certain test (that I am very interested in as well) to take place, well, kind of reminds me of the stereotypical snobby, perfectionist, upturned nose Mercedes & Benz Country Club owners I expected to see here.

Hell...I did not even join or post for nearly a year because of the turn-off that type is to me!

I was relieved to discover that the site is instead full of friendly performance enthusiasts...not a bunch of whining, snobby MB brats!!

Nobody is perfect at all aspects of R&D, PR, Customer Service, Shipping, product testing, compatibility testing, email responses...especially a one man show in a start up environment business!

I applaud all the "little guys" who make go-fast toys for our 32's!!! Let's not scare them all off by whining and b*tching every time a test takes longer than expected, or they don't post often enough.

We are lucky we have people like LET & Code 3 who enjoy the same cars we do!
Think what it would be like if we only had the "big company & shops" to deal with? Think how many of us could not afford to have the mods we do have, or that would not exist at all?

All hail Code 3 & LET Motorsports!!!
Thanks for the products you are developing and offering!
My apologies to any other micro companies developing/offering go-fast stuff for 32's - I have not discovered you yet - or I would mention you too!

Hope all is well Brandon, looking forward to hearing from you when you have time!

Hope I did not **** anyone off....

Scott

Last edited by C32-4ME; 06-07-2008 at 03:33 PM. Reason: spelling & added "All hail Code3 & LET thank you..." & added a smilie or 2
Old 06-07-2008, 09:16 AM

2002 C32 AMG
Great post Scott !
Old 06-07-2008, 03:11 PM

c32
Originally Posted by C32-4ME
Code 3's intake mod showed up today in the mail ! Thanks Brandon - I hope you can post again here soon - I hate to see anyone getting slammed here that has taken the time to develop go-fast products for our C32's!!

I hope Jerry does not get mad, but I am going to share what he relayed to me about the LET 185 & Code 3 pulley being used at the same time. I am going to try it hell or high water...but I am going to let Jerry tell me when:

From Jerry today 6.6.08

"I don't think the 185 pulley and the Code3 pulley would be a smart idea."(Responding to me about adding the C3 S/C pulley to my set-up at this time - and having Jerry remote tune my ECU for the combo) " I think it's too much boost to run without injectors. Let us test this out locally before you buy it. I have a local C32 owner that is running our 185 and he bought the Code3 pulley for testing. We are going to try it out with injectors once they are ready....I'll keep you posted on the progress."

Based on this, I am not giving up hope. I have been excited since post #9 too!

I am still very new here, but I think everyone should back off of Brandon/Code 3 a bit. I have not heard of any complaints about his offerings, and I don't think he has ripped anyone off..Has he?

At times the amount of complaining I read about how long it is taking for a certain test (that I am very interested in as well) to take place, well, kind of reminds me of the stereotypical snobby, perfectionist, upturned nose Mercedes & Benz Country Club owners I expected to see here.

Hell...I did not even join or post for nearly a year because of the turn-off that type is to me!

I was relieved to discover that the site is instead full of friendly performance enthusiasts...not a bunch of whining, snobby MB brats!!

Nobody is perfect at all aspects of R&D, PR, Customer Service, Shipping, product testing, compatibility testing, email responses...especially a one man show in a start up environment business!

I applaud all the "little guys" who make go-fast toys for our C32's!!! Let's not scare them all off by whining and b*tching every time a test takes longer than expected, or they don't post often enough.

We are lucky we have people like LET & Code 3 who enjoy the same cars we do! Think what it would be like if we only had the "big company & shops" to deal with? Think how many of us could not afford to have the mods we do, or that would not exist at all?

Hope I did not **** anyone off....

Scott
very well put!!
Old 06-07-2008, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by des-sil-amg
very well put!!
+1

Agreed, very well put. I think C3P's done a great service to m112k owners with his products - and while I'd like to see the results of his testing with modded crank pulley cars, it's simply curiosity on my part... not an addition that I'd be making any time soon (so I could care less when it occurs, frankly).

My only critique is that, if the OP isn't going to post here anymore (which, he hasn't once in about three weeks), work with the moderators to close the thread. Every day (sometimes multiple times per day) this thread pops back to the top - due to people posting questions (that go unanswered) or checking for updates (that go unanswered).

From the sounds of things, Brandon's very good at answering customer (and potential customer) questions via phone - so that sounds like a much better avenue if it's important to get in touch with him. Just one man's opinion... my $0.02 I suppose.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:11 PM

07 E550, 02 C32, 91 300E
Originally Posted by Hjartarson
Great post Scott !

+1 and thanks from AMG-Jerry for putting it in perspective about how much time it takes to run a business plus have a new family. People can just be so impatient sometimes. If it werent for Code3 and LET, we would still have to spend like 10k to get the same gains from other companies. Nor would we have solutions to the IC pump problems and other things with the 32's.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:22 PM

2002 C32 AMG
Thank you Jerry & Erick!

Originally Posted by Eleventeen
I'm running both ASP and Code3. It pulls great mid-range, but the car seems to be pulling a lot of timing up top. The power really drops off above 5000RPM. However, I just got my ECU back from Jerry today, so I will install that this weekend to see if it helps.
Well, I just got back from a test drive after installing my ECU and I have some bad news...I'm not going to get any traction this winter. Thank you Jerry! Your tune worked great. The car pulls all the way to redline now Lots of power with ASP + Code3 + LET tune. This thing is nasty. B.T.W. as soon as I got back from the test drive, I checked the local temperature; it was 95 degrees here in South Jersey and the car never felt faster.

On a side note: Brandon, this is a great product even (especially) in conjunction with the 178mm pulley & tuning. I think everyone will be pleased with the numbers as soon as you are finished your R&D.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:24 PM

not stock.
was able to get in touch!! sounds like he's been super busy with all the r&d ... shipping ... traveling .. etc!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: A turning point in Mercedes tuning...Performance Supercharger Pulley