C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

A turning point in Mercedes tuning...Performance Supercharger Pulley

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-21-2008, 10:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK550
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Just PM AMG-Jerry!!

Glenn
Will do.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507, 2005 SRT6 Coupe, 2005 SRT6 Roadster, Crossfire Coupe
Wow, it's really quiet in here...

Maybe my first post as a new SRT6 owner will get things going again!

How about it?
Old 08-14-2008, 08:16 PM

2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by c32used
I want to ask those who used ASP or 178mm crank pulley and C3P SC pulley combo and had the JerryTune please when you can dyno and post results. When possible guys with SC pulley rather combined with anything else create a review and comment thread so others can share in your happiness!
+1
Old 10-19-2008, 10:41 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
bring this back because I'm considering the C3P sc pulley, but need some help figuring something out.

for one I have the evosport non-dampen pulley kit which with all the mumbo jumbo still runs on the stock belt. like ASP this should be just the 178mm crank pulley (assuming) if I read and remember correctly.

so my questions is what size belt should I and can I use if I'm adding the C3P sc pulley. based on logic because my evosport kit runs on the stock belt. The belt with only C3P sc pulley should go right on, right?

btw, still waiting on words for the Heat Exchanger.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
the stock supercharger pulley is 74 mm i believe and the Code3 pulley is 65 mm. so you should be able to use the stock belt.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 c32
Yes. That set-up should work just fine
Old 10-20-2008, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FrankW
bring this back because I'm considering the C3P sc pulley, but need some help figuring something out.

for one I have the evosport non-dampen pulley kit which with all the mumbo jumbo still runs on the stock belt. like ASP this should be just the 178mm crank pulley (assuming) if I read and remember correctly.

so my questions is what size belt should I and can I use if I'm adding the C3P sc pulley. based on logic because my evosport kit runs on the stock belt. The belt with only C3P sc pulley should go right on, right?

btw, still waiting on words for the Heat Exchanger.
Yes it should fit.................but I recommend a belt rap which C3P told me over the weekend is being developed in the R&D stage...definitely recommended.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Banned

C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
Belt wrap has been in testing for a few months. A few members have been running it, and can vouch for how different the car is with it on. Also, we will be back on the dyno this Wednesday with a new tune, in the hopes of seeing the huge power we know is there. We have had glimpses of it, so we are excited to see what it will finally do.

The nice thing about the belt wrap setup is that it works great for everyone. There is linear slippage in everyones setups, and there is power to be regained. Also, the car doesnt drop as much boost between shifts, and just continues to pull very hard.

When I was up in Chicago, we tried to do a 181 + SC _ belt wrap on an SRT6. We got soooo close, but injectors went static at around 5600rpm.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by Code3 Performance
Belt wrap has been in testing for a few months. A few members have been running it, and can vouch for how different the car is with it on. Also, we will be back on the dyno this Wednesday with a new tune, in the hopes of seeing the huge power we know is there. We have had glimpses of it, so we are excited to see what it will finally do.

The nice thing about the belt wrap setup is that it works great for everyone. There is linear slippage in everyones setups, and there is power to be regained. Also, the car doesnt drop as much boost between shifts, and just continues to pull very hard.

When I was up in Chicago, we tried to do a 181 + SC _ belt wrap on an SRT6. We got soooo close, but injectors went static at around 5600rpm.
Brandon it was very nice meeting you....I am interested in this belt wrap please let us know soon of its availabillity
Old 10-20-2008, 12:23 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo

now..to just get the belt wrap for the 185.....
Old 10-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Banned

C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
I will send you a setup this week to try out on the 185.

Last edited by Code3 Performance; 10-20-2008 at 02:56 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by c32used
Brandon it was very nice meeting you....I am interested in this belt wrap please let us know soon of its availabillity
+1
Old 10-20-2008, 02:22 PM
SPONSOR

nice.....I see its back to Code3 again...or perhaps even 3.25

Old 10-20-2008, 02:57 PM
Banned

C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
Brandon has some VERY cool things in the works.. I can't wait till everyone sees.

-Aaron
Old 10-20-2008, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID

Yes, BUT it worked great on a Code III pullied with stock crank pulley C32

Old 10-20-2008, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID

May work on the 185 crank with no Code III pulley, I think you're talking fuel issues here. Problem is , you're talking about replacing injectors, fuel pump and maybe other fuel injection items just to get the fuel you need for this mod. Plus, I 'll bet this will throw a whole bunch of CELs too.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by loungn14
now..to just get the belt wrap for the 185.....
Anyone know for sale a 178 crank pulley from LET?? I am looking for one??

Glenn
Old 10-20-2008, 03:35 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Yes, BUT it worked great on a Code III pullied with stock crank pulley C32

[/B]
it was the tune that we were working on....not enough fuel from the injectors. Code II.5 on the 178 works well....they still have to play with the setup on the 181
Old 10-20-2008, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
what is Code II.5?
Old 10-20-2008, 03:45 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by jturkel
what is Code II.5?
we are just giving brandon a hard time....he was in chicago and we were calling him code 2.5 as we were waiting on product...

and it is all in good humor as he is a great guy....
Old 10-20-2008, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by loungn14
we are just giving brandon a hard time....he was in chicago and we were calling him code 2.5 as we were waiting on product...

and it is all in good humor as he is a great guy....

He is???
Old 01-12-2009, 04:54 AM

02 c32 amg
hi there.. im am in the Army and currently in Afghanistan and just bought an 02 c32 amg kompressor and im looking to do a few upgrades.. its bone stock and i want at least 400hp what should i be looking at doing first?? and how much for the intake and pulley setup?? and do i need to tune it after i get that done??
Old 01-13-2009, 04:50 AM

02' C32 - 07' H2 - 07' BMW K1200R
Smile

Originally Posted by OLE101
hi there.. im am in the Army and currently in Afghanistan and just bought an 02 c32 amg kompressor and im looking to do a few upgrades.. its bone stock and i want at least 400hp what should i be looking at doing first?? and how much for the intake and pulley setup?? and do i need to tune it after i get that done??

First off thanks for your service, and be safe!

I am not an expert, but will try to give you a list. I asked nearly the same question a while back and all the great enthusiasts and vendors here helped me out. Feel free to email me with any questions!

I would love to ask you some about sighting in my AR15's correctly!!!

I bought my car with most mods already installed, and cant claim any credit for hunting them down or installing them:

evosport / Powerchip custom-tuned evolution II software
evosport Overdrive Pulley System (ODPS)

-7" Crankshaft overdrive pulley
-Aluminum water pump pulley
-Aluminum alternator pulley
-Aluminum power steering pulley
-Two (2) belt tensioners w/ belt

evosport Custom Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers
-NASA-Spec True Ceramic Barrier coated, up to 120F degree drop in radiated temperature from the header
-Single piece 3/8" flange design for leak free installation
- Billet Steel CNC one piece collector flange
- 1 5/8" primary pipes
- Aluminized steel construction with 2000F HiTemp Ceramic Coating

evosport stainless replacement pipe (resonator delete)
LET Motorsports 185mm Pulley Kit & ECU tune
LET Motorsports Heat Exchanger
LET Motorsports Phenolic Spacers

Code 3 – Intercooler Reservoir Tank

Johnson Intercooler Pump (purchased from LET)
Behr Radiator: OEM Valeo radiator replaced & upgraded to Behr + new fluids as a preventative measure since the stock unit is a known failure point on this chassis.

Code3 "back plate air intake" : I have no idea if I got any power gains....but I love the beautiful "Mad Max" scream it makes when it is WFO!!!!

Quaife ATB Helical LSD Differential: The AMG C32 did not come with a Limited Slip Differential, and it desperately needed one. If you are going to try and put 400 on the ground, you will definately want it going to both wheels at the "same" time.

Green high flow air filters
Magnecor 8mm plug wires
Denso Iridium IK16 Plugs

SprintBooster - voodoo magic plug-in gizmo that makes the electronic accelerator sensor (the gas pedal is electronic not mechanical) seem to respond with much more sensitivity and faster (Probably marketing BS, but it was the first mod I installed myself, and the thing did seem a lot more aggressive to the touch

Renntech Springs : 1.5" to 2" height drop, and dials out some under steer, without making the C32 too hard for the streets.

Now that is about all I can personally tell you about for now, and I can vouch for this...this damn C32 has out ran everything I have played with so far.

P-cars (Porsches) *Except for a TT 997, I jumped him and then pulled dead even for about maybe 50 - 75 yards, then it's blood pressure rose very fast! Gone baby...nothing but tail in my sights...LOL! We stopped later and had lunch, found out he was pushing just under 600 hp
Mustang GT's
Every ricer that has ever wanted to play
BMW M-anything I have played with (a couple M5's local cars)
Harley Davisons.....LOL - they give me the finger for driving a "Kraut Bucket"and try blow my eardrums out with their open headers, smile back politely, crank some Beethoven and fill their faces with smoking rubber What can I say...it is boring around here!!!

*Disclaimer - I love HD's, hell I love anything that makes noise and eats fossil fuels - I just don't like getting the finger and a "header shot" on a nice summer day

I must admit that I live in a back woods corner of the Country that has more Trucks & gun racks that tweaked out cars though, nothing like California or the East Coast stuff.

Maybe I have just been lucky...who knows, just "safe" country road encounters and mile or two highway sprints for fun.

I know that is not very scientific, but I do not have a track near by to get any real numbers for you.....but there are plenty here that can!!!

I also can not find a shop with a Dyno to save my life...so I cant tell you if I have broke the 400 mark or not...but I hope I am close....Hell I don't even know what 400 feels like anyway!!!!

Now here is the real mind tweak....I have not got off my lazy *** in nearly a year to send my ECU in for the correct JERRYtune!!!! (the correct ECU map for the 185mm pulley)

I enjoy the car so much I just can't bear to pull the ECU and have the car down for a few days....I am a head case with this damn C32.

The high strung little lady must have even more in it with the correct tune!!!!

If you invest in the kind of hardware above, invest in rubber too if like the smell of it "burning in the morning" - the car will nearly sit still and destroy rear tires on dry pavement....trust me on this one.

Want more???

Wet Nitros systems - Talk to Jerry at LET
Fuel cooling systems - Vath in Germany has a system I am going purchase for this summer.
Camms
Port and Polish jobs
Intake Mods....are out there too.

Flux Capacitor.....sorry, joking around with ya!

I am sure I have forgot something....chime in everyone for a service man with questions!!!!

P.S.
Jerrry can I send my ECU to you now? LOL!! I have another HP woody going on right now...I want to see what this thing can do with your patented JerryTune!!!!

Last edited by C32-4ME; 01-13-2009 at 05:16 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
IK16s are not the way to go. If you are modding your car and adding more boost, you do not want a hotter plug. You want to stay at the stock heat range (IK20) or go colder (IK22). Those are ratings for the Denso Iridiums spark plugs. You can get NGKs as well.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Originally Posted by jturkel
IK16s are not the way to go. If you are modding your car and adding more boost, you do not want a hotter plug. You want to stay at the stock heat range (IK20) or go colder (IK22). Those are ratings for the Denso Iridiums spark plugs. You can get NGKs as well.
I thought IK16's were colder...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: A turning point in Mercedes tuning...Performance Supercharger Pulley