C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

A turning point in Mercedes tuning...Performance Supercharger Pulley

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by C32-4ME
I will be the G-pig if nobody has tried it yet. I want to find out if the 185
& Code3 will work together.

My 32 will be out of the shop with the LET 185 package installed tomorrow.

I will call Code3 tomorrow and see if he has any of his pullies in stock. I ordered his new intake several weeks ago, but it has not shown up yet.

I will send the ECU to Jerry once the Code3 pulley is installed.

If it does not blow to pieces....I am going to order LET's injectors & Cams. If it does blow to pieces I will pick up whats left, cry, and start over again

I do not have access to a dnyo, but I do have a buddy with a tow truck!!
I will report my findings or dissaster as best as possible.

God Speed, Good Luck, and Good Brakes....
You have officially become my hero... haha

Good luck!
Old 06-02-2008, 12:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1991 Toyota MR2, 2002 C32 AMG
words
You are one brave soul. I wish you the best.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Merc power
To be on the safe saide, i think you should invest some money in to fuel injectors, or at least change the fuel pressure regulator make the car run richer. ( FPR turn it to richer side to prevent blown motor).
Old 06-02-2008, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002

I will call Code3 tomorrow and see if he has any of his pullies in stock. I ordered his new intake several weeks ago, but it has not shown up yet.

If it does not blow to pieces....I am going to order LET's injectors & Cams. If it does blow to pieces I will pick up whats left, cry, and start over again

I don't want to rain your parade but I caught this while reviewing forum...

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...=1#post2860372

Now it could be I understood wrong but I asked if it was due to crank pulley(CP) and S/C pulley together and what size CP. He wrote it here "CP+S/C COMBO"...

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....06&postcount=1

Sorry if mistaken

Last edited by c32used; 06-02-2008 at 01:22 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63

good luck!
Old 06-03-2008, 12:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
In my last post I wrote of a misunderstanding pertaining to S/C+CP combo...well its clarified that it wasnt the issue. So I resume interests in this with my CP
Old 06-04-2008, 10:34 AM

C32 AMG
any chance of stage 2/3 (smaller sc pulley) with larger idler to compensate for belt wrap being prototyped?

if C3P pulley 65.8mm, i wanna see 63mm or maybe 60mm pulley

Last edited by AMGV6K; 06-04-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:05 PM

02' C32 - 07' H2 - 07' BMW K1200R
Does anyone have a phone number for Code3?? I want to order the SC pulley, and I am not having any luck with emails through Code3's web site.

Thanks!

Scott
Old 06-04-2008, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Does anyone have a phone number for Code3?? I want to order the SC pulley, and I am not having any luck with emails through Code3's web site.

Thanks!

Scott
I took these off his website under contact link button:

805-265-6765 office
805-265-6767 fax

3611 San Jose Lane
Santa Barbara, California
Old 06-04-2008, 04:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gramma_Benz
I spoke to him earlier in the week and he was expecting them, and I quote "worst case scenario" was yesterday, Thursday. He was again waiting for the back plates like last time.

Said he has the intakes and will be shipping out shortly.

Oh the suspense!!
Have you talked to Brandon this week? What's the story with the new pulley and the dyno with the bigger crank pulley? Did they blow up the Crossfire during testing? Why the silence?
Old 06-04-2008, 05:04 PM

1991 Toyota MR2, 2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by indyjoe
Have you talked to Brandon this week? What's the story with the new pulley and the dyno with the bigger crank pulley? Did they blow up the Crossfire during testing? Why the silence?
Old 06-04-2008, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Actually, I did talk with him today, but only to confirm the status of my order. He said the back plates still took longer than expected and mine was shipping out today along with a bunch of others.

Oh the suspense!!
Old 06-04-2008, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Gramma_Benz
Actually, I did talk with him today, but only to confirm the status of my order. He said the back plates still took longer than expected and mine was shipping out today along with a bunch of others.

Oh the suspense!!
Are you running a larger crank pulley? Did you ask about dyno results, or why he has been absent from this forum?

He was supposedly going to do a dyno pull with a car that had the 185, and was expecting huge results (and subsequent sales).
Old 06-04-2008, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Are you running a larger crank pulley? Did you ask about dyno results, or why he has been absent from this forum?

He was supposedly going to do a dyno pull with a car that had the 185, and was expecting huge results (and subsequent sales).
Nope, sorry, just stock with K&N's, IK20's and no resonator. I may go for a larger crank pulley later, but for now, I think this is enough boost for me.

I was selfish and didn't ask him any other questions except when my pulley was shipping out.

I wanna see if my car is going to spin the wheels in 2nd to 3rd as well, but I doubt it.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/245979-esp-off-still-comes-under-hard-acceleration.html
Old 06-05-2008, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
Lets be patient and give him another week
Old 06-05-2008, 07:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by 360_iti
Lets be patient and give him another week
+1

Although I do agree w/ others, it is a bit curious. I had to go look, Brandon's last post in this thread was from 5/18 I believe - since then, there's been mostly positive feedback from people installing and running the C3P pulley and/or intake... but complete silence from its creator. I don't view this as a good or bad thing per se, but it does strike me as a little odd
Old 06-05-2008, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
+1

Although I do agree w/ others, it is a bit curious. I had to go look, Brandon's last post in this thread was from 5/18 I believe - since then, there's been mostly positive feedback from people installing and running the C3P pulley and/or intake... but complete silence from its creator. I don't view this as a good or bad thing per se, but it does strike me as a little odd
do you know how many boards he would constantly be monitoring to stay current with all the posts? SRT6, C32, E55, CLS55, SL55, S55 ect.ect.

You don't see Evosport Posting daily with in the hour or Renntech.

FYI.

Brandon was at my home around 9pm after doing work on a SRT-6. He has his car loaded with parts and tools. Practically a moving garage.

We are working on S/C pulley for the E55, its basically done. He is also working on a few other new projects (cooling projects)

In my mind and his mind.. the S/C pulley for the C32 is a done. At this point its up to the customers to customize as they feel needed.

From a stock car.. it makes power just the pulley alone. Add the filter and makes more power and better response.

Adding a 178mm or 185 or ect.. it will take time.

In fact he already has dyno'd an SRT-6 with Renntech pulley and ECU and added S/C clutch... as promised, but they are still testing a few different things.

All I can say.. the SRT-6 with Upper and Lower pulley and ECU made huge HP and TQ to the level of a Stage 2 C32. But there is making sure boost is safe. So they are trying a few other things, like idler pulley, a bit larger S/C pulley and various belts.

But all these changes take time and days and money spent on Dyno sessions.

He is a 1 man band gents.. and he is trying the best he can. He is shipping international and domestic orders, he working on new R&D, talking to people on the phone for hours and travelling around installing his products.

That's how he makes a living, but he has a family too.

I've too been absent for the same reason... it just too many speculations, rumors, wishes, wants...

At this point.. I only respond to threads that are breaking new ground, DIY jobs, or fix many bugs we have.

The rest of the threads.. I simply ignore and spend time with my 2 little boys.

With Gas prices now.. I could care less of making 400RWHP on my C32. I'm driving 65mph all day long.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:37 PM

not stock.
well, hes been holding a part for me a part I bought and lent out to him since 5/5 and this week of been trying to get in touch with him to see when he can ship it out but Ive had no luck... but its understandable considering he's a 1man team doing so many things at a time.... !!

just hope to here back from him soon!

Last edited by OJwerks; 06-05-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by TopGun32
do you know how many boards he would constantly be monitoring to stay current with all the posts? SRT6, C32, E55, CLS55, SL55, S55 ect.ect.

You don't see Evosport Posting daily with in the hour or Renntech.

FYI.

Brandon was at my home around 9pm after doing work on a SRT-6. He has his car loaded with parts and tools. Practically a moving garage.

We are working on S/C pulley for the E55, its basically done. He is also working on a few other new projects (cooling projects)

In my mind and his mind.. the S/C pulley for the C32 is a done. At this point its up to the customers to customize as they feel needed.

From a stock car.. it makes power just the pulley alone. Add the filter and makes more power and better response.

Adding a 178mm or 185 or ect.. it will take time.

In fact he already has dyno'd an SRT-6 with Renntech pulley and ECU and added S/C clutch... as promised, but they are still testing a few different things.

All I can say.. the SRT-6 with Upper and Lower pulley and ECU made huge HP and TQ to the level of a Stage 2 C32. But there is making sure boost is safe. So they are trying a few other things, like idler pulley, a bit larger S/C pulley and various belts.

But all these changes take time and days and money spent on Dyno sessions.

He is a 1 man band gents.. and he is trying the best he can. He is shipping international and domestic orders, he working on new R&D, talking to people on the phone for hours and travelling around installing his products.

That's how he makes a living, but he has a family too.

I've too been absent for the same reason... it just too many speculations, rumors, wishes, wants...

At this point.. I only respond to threads that are breaking new ground, DIY jobs, or fix many bugs we have.

The rest of the threads.. I simply ignore and spend time with my 2 little boys.

With Gas prices now.. I could care less of making 400RWHP on my C32. I'm driving 65mph all day long.
The fact is Brandon posted about 15 times a page in this thread (no I didn't go back and count), and then suddenly disappears leaving some still unanswered questions and promises of dyno numbers. So, he gets the part done, and then offers no follow-up and resolutions to questions? Not good business.

He may be making new parts, but I suspect that his biggest customer base is right here. And lol at comparing him to Renntech and Evo. It's not hard to take 5 minutes to post an update or answer questions, especially when you're trying to sell a product.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
The fact is Brandon posted about 15 times a page in this thread (no I didn't go back and count), and then suddenly disappears leaving some still unanswered questions and promises of dyno numbers. So, he gets the part done, and then offers no follow-up and resolutions to questions? Not good business.

He may be making new parts, but I suspect that his biggest customer base is right here. And lol at comparing him to Renntech and Evo. It's not hard to take 5 minutes to post an update or answer questions, especially when you're trying to sell a product.
you really think its that simple?

5 minutes of posting answers. Right!

Which will create more questions? and more requests and more speculation and more assumptions.

Multiply by 7 to 8 different boards and not mention other car brands like BMW which are asking him for FM Intercoolers.

It will take a few hours of his day just to stay on board with all the forums.

If you need to contact him.. use his Website info to get a hold of him. He will get back to you when he is available to talk.

What questions are you talking about? about the pairing of two pullies (crank and clutch? He does not have offer any crank pullies.. so why should he help other tuners?

About the boost when pairing a crank pully and s/c? same answer. Why should he help other sell crank pullies.

There are plenty of data he has, but will only share when its ready. The practice Evo, VRP or Renntech will take.

About HP/TQ.. its been debated to death.

About 1/4 times. An Srt6 ran mid 12's and 110 with ECU, S/C pulley and Filter. What else do you need?

Tell me the questions you have that are so pressing you can't wait?

Is there an emergency here? NO. If you neeed answers call him directly.

By the tone of this email, you would think I'm on the payroll but I'm not.

I have helped developed most of this stuff and used my cars are the Beta testers. So I have a right to defend a honest guy who knows alot about cars.. .not just AMG's.

Enough about the "he promised" or "he said by this date"... there are simply too many variables to make things happend.

If you don't believe me.. ask Vadim on the C63 forum.

He has been promised by alteast 2 or 3 C63 new owners they would stop by to test ECU programming. To date.. those owneres have not fulfilled their word.

Why are we not jumping on Vadim to give us answers and show us dyno's and 1/4 slips.??

I'm a potential future owner of a C63 when I trade in E55.. so I have a deep interest in his R&D. But things just take time.

Again.. you have questions... stop posting here. and email him or call him.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by TopGun32
you really think its that simple?

5 minutes of posting answers. Right!

Which will create more questions? and more requests and more speculation and more assumptions.

Multiply by 7 to 8 different boards and not mention other car brands like BMW which are asking him for FM Intercoolers.

It will take a few hours of his day just to stay on board with all the forums.

If you need to contact him.. use his Website info to get a hold of him. He will get back to you when he is available to talk.

What questions are you talking about? about the pairing of two pullies (crank and clutch? He does not have offer any crank pullies.. so why should he help other tuners?

About the boost when pairing a crank pully and s/c? same answer. Why should he help other sell crank pullies.

There are plenty of data he has, but will only share when its ready. The practice Evo, VRP or Renntech will take.

About HP/TQ.. its been debated to death.

About 1/4 times. An Srt6 ran mid 12's and 110 with ECU, S/C pulley and Filter. What else do you need?

Tell me the questions you have that are so pressing you can't wait?

Is there an emergency here? NO. If you neeed answers call him directly.

By the tone of this email, you would think I'm on the payroll but I'm not.

I have helped developed most of this stuff and used my cars are the Beta testers. So I have a right to defend a honest guy who knows alot about cars.. .not just AMG's.

Enough about the "he promised" or "he said by this date"... there are simply too many variables to make things happend.

If you don't believe me.. ask Vadim on the C63 forum.

He has been promised by alteast 2 or 3 C63 new owners they would stop by to test ECU programming. To date.. those owneres have not fulfilled their word.

Why are we not jumping on Vadim to give us answers and show us dyno's and 1/4 slips.??

I'm a potential future owner of a C63 when I trade in E55.. so I have a deep interest in his R&D. But things just take time.

Again.. you have questions... stop posting here. and email him or call him.
I really could care less one way or the other, however, as a POTENTIAL CUSTOMER I am a little suspect at someone posting 300 times in 1 month, and then disappears completely.

I think it's funny that he doesn't want to talk about the s/c crank pulley combo because HE was the one that said: "wait until we dyno these together, the numbers are going to be crazy." "You better get on the wait list because once we release the dyno, we're going to have a huge demand." You don't think that a lot of people that already have a crank pulley would want the s/c pulley if it's generating huge numbers?

Did the numbers not come out as expected? Did they blow the SRT up? Is the boost way too high? Did they have problems with the two together? VRP is working on about 20 pretty big projects, but always seem to provide updates. Same with LET.

Listen, Brandon can run his business the way he wants, but when you're developing something new you have to go above and beyond to make customers feel secure in what they're paying for is proven. I guess I'll just go with a crank pulley instead.

Thanks for the updates.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Banned

S600TT, R350
Since you guys dragged me into this discussion, let me chime in.

Back in 2004 we pushed the boost with 190 mm pulley as far we could go.

http://www.eurotuner.com/2004gp/eurp...ort/index.html

Stock MAP sensor has a limit of 22.5 psi. After that it will default to a map that does not have enough fuel to support the power. You will get "MAP sensor out of range error." Combination of 178 mm pulley and smaller blower clutch pulley will very likely reach that.

I have run as much as 24 psi, combined with other mods, it made over 400 RWHP. To reach this level there were other mods done to ECU, to make MAP sensor happy.

In the end, I detuned the car back to Stage III (360 RWHP). At that boost level the blower will not live very long and belt slippage is non stop. In addition, on cold morning, the kompressor clutch slips too. This is what is going to happen when this boost level is reached.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
I have run as much as 24 psi, combined with other mods, it made over 400 RWHP. To reach this level there were other mods done to ECU, to make MAP sensor happy.

In the end, I detuned the car back to Stage III (360 RWHP). At that boost level the blower will not live very long and belt slippage is non stop. In addition, on cold morning, the kompressor clutch slips too. This is what is going to happen when this boost level is reached.[/QUOTE]

Vadim, at what boost level did the problems start (MAP, Slippage etc), the 24 psi or the Stage III 360 RHP??? Clarify please???

Glen
Old 06-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Banned

S600TT, R350
I meant at 24 psi level belt slippage and so forth.

Stage III - usually makes around 19 psi and is OK.

Ideally, bigger blower is needed.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP
I meant at 24 psi level belt slippage and so forth.

Stage III - usually makes around 19 psi and is OK.

Ideally, bigger blower is needed.
Don't you have more important things to do then to answer questions on this forum?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: A turning point in Mercedes tuning...Performance Supercharger Pulley