C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Video from Drags with slip pic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55
Originally Posted by JToups386
Excellent run! You've obviously got a solid C55. I was very disappointed with my initial results of 13.47 @ 104.2. Yours is much more in line with what I would've expected. Actually, your mph is above what I'd expect.
What were the temps, humidity, and barometric pressure readings at the track?

Congrats! You've got a good foundation to build from.
one day ill go the track with you
Old 03-23-2008, 10:42 PM

06 C55
crap this makes me want to track mine....

Old 03-24-2008, 12:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 P30 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by juicee63
Do not feel bad , that flippin Crossfire beat my 63 LOL.

That track is slippery at night, my car spun on the turn off a smooth 1080..

Guy that drives the Crossfire is there alot and a very good driver , losing to this guy is nothing to be concerned about.

Heres me vs the Crossfire..

Good runs man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSMRlRfiUKM
Holy lord. What was that Six running in the 1/4?

Originally Posted by hooleyboy
You got to work with what you got no major disrepect to those guys cars there is always some one faster. I had a neon in collage and i vowed to never own one again. FWD with lots of HP is a tricky mix. lots of torque steer Ive seen some very fast FWD cars out there. I would love to take that race (On the strip) once i get a few mods done even if i lose its all good.
Did I mention I own one (SRT-4 and SRT-6 in the garage)?

Last edited by Illegal Machine; 03-24-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:27 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by Illegal Machine
Holy lord. What was that Six running in the 1/4?

Did I mention I own one (SRT-4 and SRT-6 in the garage)?

I think the CLS guy is talking about the same guy who raced me and he ran a 12.6 at 110mph and his reaction time killed mine too. on that run I ran a 13.3 at 104mph
Old 03-26-2008, 02:42 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Speedworld

Hello Hooleyboy,

Juicee63 and I go back to last year, when his car wasn't a 4dr rocket sled. You want advice on mods, ask him. He has the wheels you want if your serious about the track. We have had some great races. Glad to see another AMG out there. The black one you seen coming in was another new guy at the track. It wasn't a 63 though. It was a 55. He didn't know how fast his car was, and got thrown off for not having a helment and running under 13.5. I raced his buddy with the 335i, but he couldn't launch it. The weather was warm compared to the past 4 months when the best times are going to be had. The track was in the best condition I've ever seen. It had a big race during the day, and they sprayed it just before we ran. Didn't you hear your tires sticking to the track as you pulled to the staging beams? Juicee63 would of loved it. Look at the speedworld calendar for the next test and tune day. I believe it's on a friday because of a big Harley race going on. For best track conditions go on days that have trophy events. See you out there.
Juicee63 -- Nice to hear from you man. How's the NHRA points racing going. Did you get in your second event? I'm still on the outside looking in. Speedworld is have a big 3 day national event in a few weeks that I'm going to try and qualify for. I like to surprise the cars that are full race cars. You know better than to spot me a few hundredths off the line. There was a stock 08' vette running 12.23 all night. Not a ZO6, couldn't get him. He would catch me, didn't think they were that fast. Look forward to seeing you again. Have to hit that sea level track of yours someday.
Illegal Machine-- You need to get over on http://www.crossfireforum.org and get on that SRT6. I'm fairly conservative compared to some guys over there. Someone is going to be in the 11's probably in the next few weeks. It's a fun little car that nobody seems to know about.
Cruzinquick
Old 03-26-2008, 11:54 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by cruzinquick
Hello Hooleyboy,

Juicee63 and I go back to last year, when his car wasn't a 4dr rocket sled. You want advice on mods, ask him. He has the wheels you want if your serious about the track. We have had some great races. Glad to see another AMG out there. The black one you seen coming in was another new guy at the track. It wasn't a 63 though. It was a 55. He didn't know how fast his car was, and got thrown off for not having a helment and running under 13.5. I raced his buddy with the 335i, but he couldn't launch it. The weather was warm compared to the past 4 months when the best times are going to be had. The track was in the best condition I've ever seen. It had a big race during the day, and they sprayed it just before we ran. Didn't you hear your tires sticking to the track as you pulled to the staging beams? Juicee63 would of loved it. Look at the speedworld calendar for the next test and tune day. I believe it's on a friday because of a big Harley race going on. For best track conditions go on days that have trophy events. See you out there.
Juicee63 -- Nice to hear from you man. How's the NHRA points racing going. Did you get in your second event? I'm still on the outside looking in. Speedworld is have a big 3 day national event in a few weeks that I'm going to try and qualify for. I like to surprise the cars that are full race cars. You know better than to spot me a few hundredths off the line. There was a stock 08' vette running 12.23 all night. Not a ZO6, couldn't get him. He would catch me, didn't think they were that fast. Look forward to seeing you again. Have to hit that sea level track of yours someday.
Illegal Machine-- You need to get over on http://www.crossfireforum.org and get on that SRT6. I'm fairly conservative compared to some guys over there. Someone is going to be in the 11's probably in the next few weeks. It's a fun little car that nobody seems to know about.
Cruzinquick
all I know is your car is fast. What do you have done to it? I've never seen an Str-6 and didnt even know they made them... so when you jumped me at the line and never looked back needless to say I was shocked. I might be out there a bit more with my C55. and then I will race you again when i got something fun under the hood
Old 03-26-2008, 05:41 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
I have an asp 178mm pulley and a needswings intake. If Rob makes an intake for your car, that would be your biggest mod gain in hp and et. improvement. See you out there.
Cruzinquick
Old 03-26-2008, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
I have an asp 178mm pulley and a needswings intake. If Rob makes an intake for your car, that would be your biggest mod gain in hp and et. improvement. See you out there.
Cruzinquick
WOOHOOO. well I got down to 12.1 at 116.56. Famoso.

The Summit series is in 2 weeks,

I was used and abused in the 1st event and run out of San Francisco by some crappy prep.

I hear Firebird is also really good. I miss Speedworld, had some great runs there. I have some new 17" rears with ET streets, amazing 1 ply slicks, man the car will never slip again.

Funny man you are startingto make a noame for yourself, seems like alot of guys have been wxed by the x-fire..Pm me or email me next time you head out.

cool guys, good runs,
Old 03-27-2008, 12:57 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Will do Juicee63. I haven't had much time lately, but will hit a friday night trophy race in a couple of weeks. Will give it a shot at the points race next time around.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:15 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Cruzinquick
do you use this car as a daily drive? If so how is its driveability?
Old 03-27-2008, 01:34 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
I don't but could very easily. The supercharger doesn't kick in until 2800 rpm, and you can get around pretty easy right around that rpm. Got it last summer with 200 miles, and only have 2500 on it now. I have a few other daily drivers that I use. This car will get 20-25mpg easy. It is very hard to drive without putting your foot to the floor, so unless you have great control, speeding tickets would be in the near future. One of these times I'll have to join the crossfire meets and hit the back roads to prescott or tucson.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:00 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
I don't but could very easily. The supercharger doesn't kick in until 2800 rpm, and you can get around pretty easy right around that rpm. Got it last summer with 200 miles, and only have 2500 on it now. I have a few other daily drivers that I use. This car will get 20-25mpg easy. It is very hard to drive without putting your foot to the floor, so unless you have great control, speeding tickets would be in the near future. One of these times I'll have to join the crossfire meets and hit the back roads to prescott or tucson.
let me know when your heading back out to speedworld I got there early so I Only raced you and another Nissan that wasn't even a challenge I put down a 13.2 but was right about that area for most of my races. I should have stuck around a bit longer as other good cars were rolling in.

Does my reaction time play into my overall time? this was my first time to the drags in a long time and first with this car. now that I know about "dyno mode" I can pre-load the suspension at the line without computer interference
on our race your reaction time was .093 and you ran a 12.6 and mine was .675 and i ran a 13.3 I got it down to .450 and that was the best i could do. so whats a good reaction time?
Old 03-27-2008, 11:45 AM

Bicycle
let me know when your heading back out to speedworld I got there early so I Only raced you and another Nissan that wasn't even a challenge I put down a 13.2 but was right about that area for most of my races. I should have stuck around a bit longer as other good cars were rolling in.

Does my reaction time play into my overall time? this was my first time to the drags in a long time and first with this car. now that I know about "dyno mode" I can pre-load the suspension at the line without computer interference
on our race your reaction time was .093 and you ran a 12.6 and mine was .675 and i ran a 13.3 I got it down to .450 and that was the best i could do. so whats a good reaction time?
I think reaction time does not play to much of a role as your 60' foot does. I got the same reaction time and got 12.4. Its just telling you if you are falling asleep at the light. If someone could chime in to confirm or help in my opinion that would be better just to make sure I am in the right path as well as you. Btw the more load you apply at the light (tree) the more problems you will get in traction. Can't be to agressive.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
....Does my reaction time play into my overall time? this was my first time to the drags in a long time and first with this car. now that I know about "dyno mode" I can pre-load the suspension at the line without computer interference
Here's a basic Drag Racing how-to:

CLICK HERE FOR LINK
Old 03-27-2008, 09:19 PM

2005 C55 AMG
Your reaction time has nothing to do w/ your ET. The clock doesn't start until your front tire breaks the beam to trigger it. You could sit there and take a 30 second nap, and still run your 13.2 every time.

Reaction time is only crucial when you're running against someone. Often the race is won by the better reaction time. For example, if you cut a 1.00 reaction time on a 13.2 pass, and your opponent cuts a .500 on a 13.40 pass, he would still beat you to the finish line. It's just simple math... The best examples of this can be seen via NHRA Pro-Stock class, where the cars are virtually exactly equal in power, and the race is almost always won based on the best reaction time.

Now, if you're only concern is to dial the car in at the track, then don't worry about your reaction time. Focus on what it takes to leave the line consistently and with the most available traction, etc. Once you've mastered all of that, then you can worry about "treeing" the guy next to you and winning the race.
However, there's certainly a great feeling of accomplishment when you tree the guy next to you, and he has to play catch-up...

Last edited by JToups386; 03-27-2008 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:59 PM

'10 P30 C63 AMG
Cruzinquick
I'm over there. I'm just a lurker for now.

I keep meaning to post an "Intro" thread. Trust me, I keep tabs on you guys.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:30 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Hooleyboy-- I'll probably be out there on April 4th. It's a bracket race day. That's when reaction time means everything. Basically if your car is slower than the car next to you, they will give you a green light head start by the amount of time the other car is faster. If you both leave with the identical reaction time, mathematically you would both reach the finish line together. As you know it's hard to put 2 runs down with identical reaction times and overall elapsed time. So that's where the reaction time comes into play. The one who reacts better has a better chance of getting the win. Now sometimes your car will run faster or slower and if you happen to run faster than the time you qualified at, you will lose because you ran faster than that. That's called breaking out. It levels the playing field for even a 15 second car. Lots of games are played in bracket racing. It helps to consistently get below .050 reaction times. I've only had one perfect light .000 and quite of bit .007 or better lights. It takes some practice and drag radials would help. Unfortunately the light I had against you was a horrible light. See you out there.
Illegal Machine-- jump on it, lots of good folks over there to.
Cruzinquick
Old 03-27-2008, 11:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Hooleyboy-- I'll probably be out there on April 4th. It's a bracket race day. That's when reaction time means everything. Basically if your car is slower than the car next to you, they will give you a green light head start by the amount of time the other car is faster. If you both leave with the identical reaction time, mathematically you would both reach the finish line together. As you know it's hard to put 2 runs down with identical reaction times and overall elapsed time. So that's where the reaction time comes into play. The one who reacts better has a better chance of getting the win. Now sometimes your car will run faster or slower and if you happen to run faster than the time you qualified at, you will lose because you ran faster than that. That's called breaking out. It levels the playing field for even a 15 second car. Lots of games are played in bracket racing. It helps to consistently get below .050 reaction times. I've only had one perfect light .000 and quite of bit .007 or better lights. It takes some practice and drag radials would help. Unfortunately the light I had against you was a horrible light. See you out there.
Illegal Machine-- jump on it, lots of good folks over there to.
Cruzinquick
thanks for the info the light seemed abit off IMO I also got a bit of a delay from hammering the gas to the car moving. When i head back out there and if i see you i will stop by and say hi.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:36 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Each yellow is .5 seconds apart. If your car takes more than a second to launch then technically you can leave on the second yellow or before the 3rd yellow lights. One tip so you don't get the starter mad, when you do your burnout, try not to pass the staging beams. It's kinda of like drag racing etiquette. Also when you do stage, just light the first bulb and let your opponent light their first bulb, then usually both will light the second bulb pretty close to the same time. When both lanes have lit the second bulb then the lights start coming down, and off you go. With street tires I recommend going around the water, then backing up to give you room and light the tires briefly to warm them up. It should help with traction.