C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Water on floor passenger side front

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 05:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
Water on floor passenger side front

After I went through the car wash (Touch less with no wheel Chauk) I noticed water on the passenger floor right where the mat has a bend in it. I did feel up underneath the dash and it felt like I could feel some water in some of those tiny round holes. There were a whole bunch of these holes.

Any idea why I am getting water? I know I took that cover off that covers the battery but I am sure I clamped it back on correctly. I assume there are sunroof drains etc but the car has always been garaged so I am not so sure they would be clogged.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by bud4ya
After I went through the car wash (Touch less with no wheel Chauk) I noticed water on the passenger floor right where the mat has a bend in it. I did feel up underneath the dash and it felt like I could feel some water in some of those tiny round holes. There were a whole bunch of these holes.

Any idea why I am getting water? I know I took that cover off that covers the battery but I am sure I clamped it back on correctly. I assume there are sunroof drains etc but the car has always been garaged so I am not so sure they would be clogged.
How much water are we talking about? This could be serious...
Old 04-07-2008, 07:12 PM

Not to much just a small puddle. If I had to guess I would say an ounce or two. This is the first time I have noticed water on the floor after washing it. Like I said I have taken that cover off that goes over the battery a couple times but I believe I put it back on correctly. Water somehow got in when I went through that wash.

I thought for sure I could feel it a bit wet when I put my finger in a couple of those small holes.

No I am nervous with electronics getting wet.

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
How much water are we talking about? This could be serious...
Old 04-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by bud4ya
Not to much just a small puddle. If I had to guess I would say an ounce or two. This is the first time I have noticed water on the floor after washing it. Like I said I have taken that cover off that goes over the battery a couple times but I believe I put it back on correctly. Water somehow got in when I went through that wash.

I thought for sure I could feel it a bit wet when I put my finger in a couple of those small holes.

No I am nervous with electronics getting wet.
IMO any sort of puddle in the car is a big deal I would try to get to the bottom of it right away. Does the car wash have a undercarriage sprayer? if it does my guess is water is coming in from that from a bad seal of some sort or even a hole. it would suck to have be any of those. I dont want to sound like i think your dumb, but sometimes have to check the stupid stuff like windows all the way up and doors shut all the way. rule of the mistakes as they are the easiest to over look and fix. I've been in the car wash with my door not shut all the way and it made a mess. Maybe get your hose out and see if you can duplicate the puddle in your car by spraying areas of the car might help you find the problem
Old 04-07-2008, 08:57 PM

I thought the same thing with the window but since the puddle was just in the middle of the floor mat right where it starts to bend up then it had to come from underneath the dash. Like you said there should be no water at all. Maybe I will run a hose over it this weekend and find out of there is leak somewhere. I will also remove the tray under the glove compartment and see if there is moisture there.

Like I said I have gone through that car wash before and never say water. I am all most positive I could feel moisture up in those holes. Guess I will have to see if I can get that panel off and take a look.

Are there drains that can get clogged I could run a tube through to clean out? If that cover that covers the battery is not on correctly could that cause water to leak back in? I did look at it again and it looked like it is on there correctly.

Originally Posted by hooleyboy
IMO any sort of puddle in the car is a big deal I would try to get to the bottom of it right away. Does the car wash have a undercarriage sprayer? if it does my guess is water is coming in from that from a bad seal of some sort or even a hole. it would suck to have be any of those. I dont want to sound like i think your dumb, but sometimes have to check the stupid stuff like windows all the way up and doors shut all the way. rule of the mistakes as they are the easiest to over look and fix. I've been in the car wash with my door not shut all the way and it made a mess. Maybe get your hose out and see if you can duplicate the puddle in your car by spraying areas of the car might help you find the problem
Old 04-07-2008, 09:31 PM

06 C55
Was the A/C on? If so, the condensation drain could be plugged or loose. I think I'd check that first, assuming the compressor was on.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:42 PM

Air was off

Now this has me wondering and nervous. Maybe should get it into the dealer before something happens electrical wise

Originally Posted by viper501
Was the A/C on? If so, the condensation drain could be plugged or loose. I think I'd check that first, assuming the compressor was on.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:57 PM

06 C55
Better safe than sorry...
Old 04-08-2008, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Exclamation

What concerns me is you mentioning of several small holes...are they like OEM holes or are they possibly drill holes from maybe body work?
Old 04-08-2008, 01:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04' C32 AMG & 90' TT 300ZX
I seriously doubt the battery cover has anything to do with a leak. Water is not supposed to go intop your cabin area through the firewall. Maybe the seal on the firewall is loose and water just goes down along the wires and drips in the cabin area?
Old 04-08-2008, 08:13 AM

No they look like stock holes. If you look up under the glove box there are a couple vent holes and then a whole series of little holes, I hope

I had the paint checked out before I bought the car and every panel has orginal paint. I will never buy another car that has been re painted.

Looks like I will be in Chicago 4-23 through 4-25. Shoot me an IM with your name and number and maybe we can meet up and I can take a look at your ride. I will have a rental so maybe if I get a good one we can beat that up a bit

Originally Posted by c32used
What concerns me is you mentioning of several small holes...are they like OEM holes or are they possibly drill holes from maybe body work?
Old 04-08-2008, 12:08 PM

I called the dealer and they said to wait and see if it happens when it rains. He is thinking with all that high powered spray water coming down maybe the drains just could not drain it fast enough.

My only issue here is I have gone through this car wash numerous times and never had water.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
You can remove the passenger side floor completely, then go to a carwash and see if you can duplicate the same water puddle. With the "floor" removed you can determine the source of the leakage.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:17 AM

What I will do is remove the cover underneath the glove compartment and bring it back and see what happens.

Thanks

Originally Posted by pshek
You can remove the passenger side floor completely, then go to a carwash and see if you can duplicate the same water puddle. With the "floor" removed you can determine the source of the leakage.