C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

New Mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 C230K SS (sold), 06 C55 (sold), 08 Yamaha R1 (sold), 16 X5M
ive never heard of "resetting" the climate system...whats the point of that?
Old 07-23-2013, 01:16 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
2009 E63
Mav,

With the ac system on you hold the recirculating button together with the front defog button at the same time for greater than 5 seconds. Once the lights start alternating between those two buttons the ac system is supposed to "neutralize" itself, IE. reset position of flaps to allow for optimum distribution. If the system takes about 20 to 30 seconds and then stops alternating between lights it means that it has successfully completed this task. If it does not then neutralizing by star might be the next move. I've read that on some swaps it works right after installing and on some other cars you have to have the star neutralize. Can you check yours to see if it works?
Old 07-23-2013, 04:55 AM

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
'19 AMG E53 Cpe, '23 EQS 580 SUV, '88 560SL, '35 Ford 5w coupe, '53 MGTD and others
Originally Posted by jpman
I just finished installing the digital climate control. My car is a 2005 c230K with the sport package post facelift. The sticker on the door shows manufacturing date of November 2004. The model number of the AC unit I purchased is 2038304485 and I believe came out of a CLK. The unit turns on and works just as it seems to. When I manually set the air to be diverted to the feet, windshield, and to the regular vents it all works as before. The only problem I have is that when I press the recirculating and front de-foger button for more than 5 seconds to reset the system it does not stop flashing. With the analog unit it would finish in about 25 seconds. I know all the flaps are working. My question is If I normalize the flaps through the star first will the rest via the recirculating and front de-foger work after I normalize through Star? Reading some of your swaps some people state it does normalize via the two buttons mentioned earlier and some people have to have it normalized via the star. I would love to know from those who it didnt normalize via the two buttons first and then normalized through the star if after it the button method works?
The digital system is more than just the control head unit. It also includes separate air direction stepper motors for each side and an activated carbon filter on the recirc setting. The controller is looking for those stepper motors and isn't finding them.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:08 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
2009 E63
Originally Posted by lkfoster
The digital system is more than just the control head unit. It also includes separate air direction stepper motors for each side and an activated carbon filter on the recirc setting. The controller is looking for those stepper motors and isn't finding them.
Ikfoster,

Agreed, what I am trying to get to is are people with this mod not able to normalize through the buttons at all? Some people mention that they did, but no one mentions that it wont other then suggesting the theory behind it. I tried to normalize through star today and it would not because it said there were flaps that were not responding (these would be the missing ones). However, it seems that the one that car does have are being normalized from checking their positions through star.