C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Yet another newbie (02 C32)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 12:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32, 2007 E550 4matic
Yet another newbie (02 C32)

Been reading posts in the background trying to gain some knowledge, but feel it is now time to introduce myself. Got my wife a 99 Audi A4(2.8) and she liked it. I liked it so much that I had to get an Audi (01 A6 2.7t). Within a month, I got an APR chip and fell more in love with my A6. The wife started feeling her car was slow, especially after driving my chipped A6. She said she wants to stick to German cars. Test drove an 02 530i with sports package. It looked mean, but didn't have the pep that she wanted. I think the dealer didn't take care of this particular car. Next, I showed her an 01 240. She says that is too similar to the A4. This is where the C32 comes into the picture. She falls in love with the car before we get into it. After a few test drives, we take it home as her new weekend car. In the past week that we had it, I took it upon myself to show her what a C32 can do. WOW!!! I had her follow me today, and I punched it a few times in my A6. The scary thing is that my wife stayed the same distance behind me the whole time. How embarrassing. In the A4, she would drop back a few car lengths and I would have to wait for her to catch up. The AMG is obviously a different story. Once we got to our destination, I asked her about keeping up, and she replied , " oh, were you going fast, I wasn't paying attention.". To be honest, my 2002 MB C32 AMG is yesterday's car. However, this sucker can move. Congrats to every AMG owner everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2008, 12:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by MyFirstAMG
" oh, were you going fast, I wasn't paying attention."
Old 04-13-2008, 09:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 CLS450 4matic, 2013 CLS550 4matic (totaled), 2005 C55 (traded), & a Ford F150
Originally Posted by e1000
Old 04-14-2008, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Welcome to the mighty C32...
Old 04-14-2008, 01:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
lol...thats a funny story.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:46 AM

2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
Just think she is keeping up with a modded car in a stock car. Have her change the pulley out and do a tune if she wants and the table changes. Is yours manual or auto?

I myself had a chipped 2.7 it was great except the lag. Nice thing on the Audi it was great year around. I ended up having so many inssues with the oil pumps I had to sell.

Been reading posts in the background trying to gain some knowledge, but feel it is now time to introduce myself. Got my wife a 99 Audi A4(2.8) and she liked it. I liked it so much that I had to get an Audi (01 A6 2.7t). Within a month, I got an APR chip and fell more in love with my A6. The wife started feeling her car was slow, especially after driving my chipped A6. She said she wants to stick to German cars. Test drove an 02 530i with sports package. It looked mean, but didn't have the pep that she wanted. I think the dealer didn't take care of this particular car. Next, I showed her an 01 240. She says that is too similar to the A4. This is where the C32 comes into the picture. She falls in love with the car before we get into it. After a few test drives, we take it home as her new weekend car. In the past week that we had it, I took it upon myself to show her what a C32 can do. WOW!!! I had her follow me today, and I punched it a few times in my A6. The scary thing is that my wife stayed the same distance behind me the whole time. How embarrassing. In the A4, she would drop back a few car lengths and I would have to wait for her to catch up. The AMG is obviously a different story. Once we got to our destination, I asked her about keeping up, and she replied , " oh, were you going fast, I wasn't paying attention.". To be honest, my 2002 MB C32 AMG is yesterday's car. However, this sucker can move. Congrats to every AMG owner everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-14-2008, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by bud4ya
Just think she is keeping up with a modded car in a stock car. Have her change the pulley out and do a tune if she wants and the table changes. Is yours manual or auto?

I myself had a chipped 2.7 it was great except the lag. Nice thing on the Audi it was great year around. I ended up having so many inssues with the oil pumps I had to sell.
I have the tiptronic and not the manual. I really enjoy the A6 and will be adding piggie pipes instead of fixing my pre-cats next month for inspection. The turbo lag actually makes the butt dyno think the car is faster...you know right after the turbos spool and then you get that kick. The wife still has the A4 for daily driving and for the winter. As for now, I don't see any mods in the C32's next year or so. It's still faster than my A6 and she could have passed me if she wanted to.

Trending Topics

Old 04-14-2008, 10:16 AM

Once those twin turbo's kick in it takes off. I can say with winter tires on that car nothing could touch it in the snow. It is by far better than any 4x4. I used to love pulling up next to a truck at a set of lights when it was snowing and just accelerate away as they were like

The interior design of the Audi is very nice also. It is like getting into a plane. I had the tip too wished I had got the manual.

Code 3 has a s/c pulley being released soon which is only around $600 and 15 min's to install

I have the tiptronic and not the manual. I really enjoy the A6 and will be adding piggie pipes instead of fixing my pre-cats next month for inspection. The turbo lag actually makes the butt dyno think the car is faster...you know right after the turbos spool and then you get that kick. The wife still has the A4 for daily driving and for the winter. As for now, I don't see any mods in the C32's next year or so. It's still faster than my A6 and she could have passed me if she wanted to.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by bud4ya

Code 3 has a s/c pulley being released soon which is only around $600 and 15 min's to install
Wow, that is great. The chip for my A6 was only $500, so it was a no brainer. I may be forced to investigate that option when it is available. The problem I am fearing now, is that the A4 will feel way too slow for her now and she won't want to drive it at all.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:14 PM

If you live in a place where winter is an issue an Audi in the garage is almost a must. It is also nice to switch and go to a slower car once in a while. Gives you that first love feeling when you get back in and drive it after driving something slower.

Wow, that is great. The chip for my A6 was only $500, so it was a no brainer. I may be forced to investigate that option when it is available. The problem I am fearing now, is that the A4 will feel way too slow for her now and she won't want to drive it at all.