Old 04-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 V6 Honda Accord Sedan PPM
Searching for a C55.. (Dallas, TX)

VIN WDBRF76J45F673259
Carfax: lemon/buyback

Need suggestions on how to proceed.

Last year I was literally this [-] close on getting a 04 Silver C32 AMG for 24k , but the dealer sold it before I got there.

Now I found this C55 for 28,998 and they are willing to let it go for 27K and I did complain about the lemon and they threw in 4 Years of unlimited warranty. They do have terrible reviews from my google search European Motors in Addison,TX. If they throw in the 4 years of warranty, I think I'm golden for that price since the car was msrp brand new around 60k. The new C63 are out soon and I know the C55 owners want to upgrade.

I did test drive it and taking it to my Mercedes mechanic tomorrow to get it looked over before I do something not to wise. My other option is a 2007 G35 for the same price range with no known problems...

You guys are the pro's and it's a hard decision. Btw this is Black/Black which is an amazing combo :P Just thinking out loud, helpful suggestions are always welcomed.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:04 PM

'05 C55
I would avoid a lemon/buyback like the plague!...

They would love to sell you that car at $27K since it has a branded title. Even with the extended warranty, you will have a very difficult time selling that car in the future with that listed on the title.

You may want to check to see if your finance company will even finance a car that does not have a clean title.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by E63PWR

They would love to sell you that car at $27K since it has a branded title. Even with the extended warranty, you will have a very difficult time selling that car in the future with that listed on the title.

You may want to check to see if your finance company will even finance a car that does not have a clean title.
Well usually I drive my cars till they die lol. And their finance company is actually financing if I actually decide to pick it up. Will find out tomorrow.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 996 Turbo, 05 CLK55 AMG
+1... if you ended up buying it read fine print to make sure you have bumper to bumper not only drive train warranty...other thing if you can run history at mb dealer and find out why it was lemoned would help alot... i would still suggest not to buy it... good luck !

Originally Posted by E63PWR

Old 04-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by SaMaS
+1... if you ended up buying it read fine print to make sure you have bumper to bumper not only drive train warranty...other thing if you can run history at mb dealer and find out why it was lemoned would help alot... i would still suggest not to buy it... good luck !
There were 4 things wrong with it.

1. Suppose oil leak - Mercedes mechanic note: fine as is, replaced pan and gasket something like that.

2. Loud noice from engine - Mercedes mechanic note: Normal it's a V8 fine as is.

3. Smoke from exhaust - Mercedes mechanic note: Normal fine as is.

4. Interior smells like oil- Mercedes mechanic note: Normal, probably not use to the leather smell.

Thats about it. Gonna get it checked and see what happens.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:30 AM

2006 Mercedes C55 AMG
I'd take it to a MB dealer and have them run a PMI and then base it on their findings and your decisions.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by m0nty55
VIN WDBRF76J45F673259
Carfax: lemon/buyback

Need suggestions on how to proceed.

Last year I was literally this [-] close on getting a 04 Silver C32 AMG for 24k , but the dealer sold it before I got there.

Now I found this C55 for 28,998 and they are willing to let it go for 27K and I did complain about the lemon and they threw in 4 Years of unlimited warranty. They do have terrible reviews from my google search European Motors in Addison,TX. If they throw in the 4 years of warranty, I think I'm golden for that price since the car was msrp brand new around 60k. The new C63 are out soon and I know the C55 owners want to upgrade.

I did test drive it and taking it to my Mercedes mechanic tomorrow to get it looked over before I do something not to wise. My other option is a 2007 G35 for the same price range with no known problems...

You guys are the pro's and it's a hard decision. Btw this is Black/Black which is an amazing combo :P Just thinking out loud, helpful suggestions are always welcomed.
Since its a lemon/buy back I suggest going with your second option instead unless you can find another for under 30k with Warranty.

Trending Topics

Old 04-11-2008, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
I'm sure you you've seent thread about them selling a c55 in sugarland, which is only a few hours away. If not here's the link and check it out. Looks to be a good buy.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/239284-f-s-c55-amg-loaded-nav-19-wheels.html
Old 04-14-2008, 05:39 PM

2005 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by loudandheard
I'm sure you you've seent thread about them selling a c55 in sugarland, which is only a few hours away. If not here's the link and check it out. Looks to be a good buy.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=239284
This is my friend's car, and it is extremely nice and clean. He's added a lot to it since he bought it in January '08, and is selling it for less than what he paid. I've ridden in it plenty of times and the car drives/performs flawlessly.
I agree, if you're willing to drive 4 hours from Dallas to pick it up, then this would be an ideal car for you via the price.
It also dyno'd at 309rwhp w/ the K&N's.