Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 c55, 08 600rr
Originally Posted by turbo16lbs
And, it's not a Benz.
exactly.

hooley, along with other posters, thanks for putting the info on your experiences out there. it really helps out us guys that arent as well informed as you guys make better decisions with our hard earned money.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by genome
exactly.

hooley, along with other posters, thanks for putting the info on your experiences out there. it really helps out us guys that arent as well informed as you guys make better decisions with our hard earned money.
Make no mistake, I'm very miss-informed. However i will have a review with dyno gains from the the AMS pulley
Old 06-10-2008, 11:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bicycle
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
Make no mistake, I'm very miss-informed. However i will have a review with dyno gains from the the AMS pulley
With the ams pulley the rwhp won't be seen as much as to how the car changes in the street. It will pull a lot better in low end, the torque is really what i saw mostly in the dyno with this mod. Hooleyboy don't be mis-informed just ask that way you don't make any mistakes.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Where?? I've been looking for a used Kleemann for months and cant find one for the ML-55;; Any links or thoughts???

Glenn
I researched aftermarket superchargers after I made the HPS mistake and found the following differences between the Kleemann and Renntech SC's.

Kleemann: Autorotor "same as Kenne Bell"- 2.4 litre, 4 male, 6 female lobes. larger bearings. High Boost
Renntech: Lysholm "same as Whipple" - 2.0 litre, 3 male, 5 femial lobes, smaller bearings. Mid Boost
AMG: IHI "Japanese clone of Lysholm",
OEM-4 Cylinders: Eaton "Roots Style" least efficient.

That was why I decided to go with a used Kleemann ($7-7.5K) instead of a new Renntech ($15K).

Last edited by AMGSC; 06-10-2008 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
kleeman

changed their supercharger ... it is no longer the same as the one AMGSC bought.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:51 PM

C55
Originally Posted by cdd
maybe a bad choice of words, but you're right, he's getting less slow day by day. I meant as opposed to going to Kleemann like Dragon did and just getting the whole shot done in one trip.
naw i meant hes buying everything all at once
Old 06-10-2008, 11:31 PM
Banned

1996 C36 AMG
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
It is "whp" but likely not "bhp" because it IS an efficiency-type mod. I.e. you should be lowering your percentage of driveline loss, due to less parasitic drag off of your pullies (because you'd now have pullies with less mass). So, you should pick up a few whp with this... but I don't think it's a lot.

hooleyboy, you might want to consider udp's at the same time - combined with the AMS pulley, you should notice an even better bump in rwhp and rwtq.

I think LET makes underdrive pullies for N/A cars - you should check with Erick, if interested. If they don't, I'm pretty sure evosport makes them for your car - so that would be an option.

Thanks for sharing all of your mod info so far - sounds like it's turning into quite a beast
This is correct, it is more improving the efficiency of the engine. In theory its not actually increasing HP its reducing the amount of HP robbed by unnecessary things. Essentially it takes robbed HP and transfers it to the rear wheels instead of losing it in the cranks rotating mass, thats also why fuel efficiency improves as well.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Banned

1996 C36 AMG
Originally Posted by redfarsi
I have two questions if somoene is kind enough to answer.
Why did you order an AMS PULLEY FROM LET, instead of just getting it straight form AMS. Btw, AMS isnt very legit, their rep is really low, they copy products from other manufacturers.

Second question. Why mod an NA? Its so expensive and the gains are so small.
I have no idea where you are getting your information but these are completely baseless allegations. He can buy the pulley from whoever he wants. And also AMS has a completely unique parts whom nobody else has and also they haven't copied anyone else b/c these parts do not exist. I hope you realize there are like 3 or 4 different AMS in the tuning industry. make sure you have your facts straight before you make false accusations.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:47 PM
Banned

1996 C36 AMG
Originally Posted by c55asleep?
With the ams pulley the rwhp won't be seen as much as to how the car changes in the street. It will pull a lot better in low end, the torque is really what i saw mostly in the dyno with this mod. Hooleyboy don't be mis-informed just ask that way you don't make any mistakes.
It also depends on which type of dyno you use. Dynojets aren't true dynos, they are inertia meters so they measure the inertia of the whole system, then backwards calculate HP & torque. Dyno dynamics dynos measure the actual torque at the rear wheels. You can gain 15HP/TQ on a dyno dynamics dyno and make none on a dynojet simply b/c they measure power in completely different wance. The Dyno Dynamics numbers are the real ones, but even so they still don't factor in the lightweight flywheel effect that the pulleys have which can't really be measured on a dyno but can be felt on the street.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:29 PM

ML430, Mini Cooper S and Porsche 911 Twin Turbo
Here we go again... Bogus AMS claims

As most reasonable people know - it's the torque in combination with vehicle weight which sets the acceleration rate and HP in combination with drag that sets terminal velocity.

So yes in an extreme case removing rotating mass will enable more torque for acceleration, hence why light weight flywheels are popular. This effect is most noticeable in light weight cars with hi revving engines and little torque to start with - ie race cars and the like. On 3000lb + road cars the effect is minimal, especially when you have a V6 or V8 with gobs of torque to start with.

But my beef is with the bogus 10HP increase and improved mpg - a light weight pulley does not help, nor does a light weight flywheel.

In fact I've never seen anyone claim hp or mpg improvements by using a light weight flywheel, much less a light weight pulley.

This topic has been beat to death on the other MB forum.