C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

***Code3 Performance Spearco Intercooler Upgrade***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 02:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AMG-Driver
This thread is about IC, not HE... But I dont understand why Brandon or Aaron dont chime in... If there are good results, why dont posting them?
Isn't this what happened with the dual pulley's? Brandon said they would be putting the 185 and SC pulley on the dyno, and then never heard from them again after a few months and 10 more pages of questions. Same thing with this thread.

I mean, if you're still working out bugs or updating then let us know. If it didn't produce the numbers you were looking for then let us know. If it produced too much boost and the engine shut down (pulley issue) then let us know. If you've been too busy to work on it let us know.

Or you can start theads promising ***THE NEXT BIG THING*** every few months and then leave everyone hanging.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK32
Vapor Ware?
Old 09-05-2008, 02:50 PM

07 E550, 02 C32, 91 300E
Originally Posted by indyjoe
Isn't this what happened with the dual pulley's? Brandon said they would be putting the 185 and SC pulley on the dyno, and then never heard from them again after a few months and 10 more pages of questions. Same thing with this thread.

I mean, if you're still working out bugs or updating then let us know. If it didn't produce the numbers you were looking for then let us know. If it produced too much boost and the engine shut down (pulley issue) then let us know. If you've been too busy to work on it let us know.

Or you can start theads promising ***THE NEXT BIG THING*** every few months and then leave everyone hanging.
Read the other threads, people with even the 178mm pulleys and smaller SC pulley are hitting levels of boost that are triggering errors. No way a 185 could be used also without having the same issues. They mentioned that they were developing a new pulley system that would take advantage of both, without problems and you can see the "censored" photo in one of the other threads that led us to believe the pulley was behind it.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:38 PM

2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by indyjoe

+1
Just let us know whats going on, even if it is one sentence just tell us. You guys at Code3 started this thread and got everyone interested, so finish it up and tell us what the deal is.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by DarkXerox
Read the other threads, people with even the 178mm pulleys and smaller SC pulley are hitting levels of boost that are triggering errors. No way a 185 could be used also without having the same issues. They mentioned that they were developing a new pulley system that would take advantage of both, without problems and you can see the "censored" photo in one of the other threads that led us to believe the pulley was behind it.
Still waiting
Old 09-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Banned

C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
Board members,

We're sorry to keep everyone waiting, but we want to thoroughly test the intercooler upgrade on our car to ensure it's functionality before releasing final numbers, prices, etc. Also, we're gathering data on the benefits of such an upgrade and will be sure to post results when the intercooler is available.

Thank you all for hanging in there and we really appreciate your interest!

Sincerely,

Aaron
Old 09-09-2008, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by Code3 Performance
Board members,

We're sorry to keep everyone waiting, but we want to thoroughly test the intercooler upgrade on our car to ensure it's functionality before releasing final numbers, prices, etc. Also, we're gathering data on the benefits of such an upgrade and will be sure to post results when the intercooler is available.

Sincerely,

Aaron

Old 09-10-2008, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Thanks for the update Aaron... I anticipate something real good comming from you guys!!!
Old 09-10-2008, 02:13 AM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
SL65 R230
Board members,

Sincerely,

Aaron
Thanks Aaron,

I think there is a lot of interest in this piece, if there are noticable better results with it!
Old 09-10-2008, 03:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by AMG-Driver
Thanks Aaron,

I think there is a lot of interest in this piece, if there are noticable better results with it!
No need to worry now guys!! I think that Needswings is taking care of this issue as we speak.(and more) No more popcorn for me!!! Too many kernels got stuck in my teeth as I waited and waited and waited !!
Old 09-10-2008, 04:09 AM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
No need to worry now guys!! I think that Needswings is taking care of this issue as we speak.(and more) No more popcorn for me!!! Too many kernels got stuck in my teeth as I waited and waited and waited !!
Ya should be thinkin about combining the two
Old 09-10-2008, 12:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
E55, GMC Suburban, F430 matchbox, Caddooo DTS
I love the way this looks and I would love to see what kind of advantage you are getting with this. It looks great though.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:16 AM

2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by TruTaing
Ya should be thinkin about combining the two
is it possible to combine these two? How much more power are these things supposed to add?
Old 09-19-2008, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 Designo 030
Please...Can you please provide a realistic ETA on this product? Please...
Old 09-19-2008, 12:54 PM
Banned

C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
Originally Posted by ///AMG4EVER
Please...Can you please provide a realistic ETA on this product? Please...
Thank you for the post.

Unfortunately we cannot provide a final or "realistic" ETA on the product as we're currently finishing our testing/R&D. Parts often fail over time, not right away unless there's a major flaw, so I think it's only fair for us to spend time testing the piece before selling a bunch of units and having everyone install them only to find a problem in the end.

Hang tight and we will surely release the unit once our R&D is complete. We're shooting for 2-3 weeks hopefully.

-Aaron

Last edited by Code3 Performance; 09-19-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Thank you for the post.

Unfortunately we cannot provide a final or "realistic" ETA on the product as we're currently finishing our testing/R&D. Parts often fail over time, not right away unless there's a major flaw, so I think it's only fair for us to spend time testing the piece before selling a bunch of units and having everyone install them only to find a problem in the end.

Hang tight and we will surely release the unit once our R&D is complete. We're shooting for 2-3 weeks hopefully.

-Aaron
Aaron, if you guys can provide this soon at a reasonable price and include a package for an HE and Johnson pump, you'll sell out in a week. Don't make us go to Needswings!!
Old 09-19-2008, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Steve aka smgc32 did this mod a few years ago. He used a Spearco core in his old leaking one when the dealer replaced it. Vadim also did this mod years ago using Laminova cores which are the most efficient cores available. He said he saw about a 10 hp gain. Somebody should do top mount SLR style intercoolers or a TT kit.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 Designo 030
Thank you for the fast reply Aaron. I'll bug you again October 10th.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:44 PM
Banned

C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
Originally Posted by ///AMG4EVER
Thank you for the fast reply Aaron. I'll bug you again October 10th.
You're very welcome!

Also, no bugging at all, I enjoy helping so always feel free to contact me.

-Aaron
Old 09-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Banned

C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Aaron, if you guys can provide this soon at a reasonable price and include a package for an HE and Johnson pump, you'll sell out in a week. Don't make us go to Needswings!!
We surely will! We're going to create cooling packages soon, which we're quite excited about. Also, we will be selling the Johnson pump.

-Aaron
Old 10-09-2008, 11:16 AM

2003 C32 (NW, LET, etc)
Originally Posted by BenzoAMGpower
So Don... still riding stock?
I txt'ed u, My LET FMHE, CM30 pump, E55 intake, and C3P Phenolic Spacers all get installed this weekend...

Once the IC is released (aheam... respond to my emails?) I will be doing the C3P pulley, I dont want big numbers like you my friend...

Don
Old 10-09-2008, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
I will be interested in rounding out my mods with the addition of the C3P IC as soon as it is release...

anxiously waiting for more info!!! Don, I'll be in WPB sometime this month.. I'll give you a buzz.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Banned

C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
Originally Posted by BenzoAMGpower
I will be interested in rounding out my mods with the addition of the C3P IC as soon as it is release...

anxiously waiting for more info!!! Don, I'll be in WPB sometime this month.. I'll give you a buzz.
Thank you for the post!

We have 5 units being built, which will be done shortly. I will be sure to post when they're completed.

Sincerely,

Aaron
Old 10-09-2008, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Thank you for the post!

We have 5 units being built, which will be done shortly. I will be sure to post when they're completed.

Sincerely,

Aaron
OK, so when do I send my $$$, as in Today???? I'd like to get a package with the Johnson and the HE. Come on guys, now I am chomping at the bit!!
Old 10-09-2008, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
i'll take one of those too

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***Code3 Performance Spearco Intercooler Upgrade***