C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Code3 SC pulley plus 178mm, any updates?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 10:58 PM
M_M

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
been running this combo for quite sometime, no problems at all, though I still hunger for more power.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
Originally Posted by SRTpowa
Well I finally made it to the track with my 178 and Hoosier drag radials. I am very pleased and can only imagine how bad *** it would be with a Code3 pulley added on. I think I'm gonna try to get her into the 11's without increasing the boost though. Patiently awaiting the release of Needswings intake manifolds. Please update if anyone runs the pulley combo at the track.
I love the photo of your car with Hoosier's in the other thread! Awesome!

-Aaron
Old 08-25-2008, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 C32, 2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2007 Harley NightRod, 2013 Harley Road Glide Custom
Originally Posted by Eleventeen
I'm running it. As long as you are tuned for the boost (22psi in 3rd), it runs great
Speaking of boost, what does the Code3 SC pulley run? I'm afraid to add the crank pulley thinking it's too much- long term longevity.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:17 PM

Srt-6 Crossfire
Originally Posted by Code3 Performance
I love the photo of your car with Hoosier's in the other thread! Awesome!

-Aaron
Thanks!
Keep up the great work. Looking forward to the release of your new products.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Do you need to run a different belt with this crank + sc pulley setup?
Old 08-26-2008, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by bud4ya
I think it maybe from the pics in his gallery. This was the link he sent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKoSQHrtBfY
That vid proves what???? That there is darkness in the world and headlights remedy that???
Old 08-26-2008, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by M_M;3014632[B
]been running this combo for quite sometime, no problems at all, though I still hunger for more power.
[/B]

Don't we all????
Old 08-26-2008, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
That vid proves what???? That there is darkness in the world and headlights remedy that???
I believe it was an OT side conversation going on in the thread - in this case, that particular individual's heavily modded B5 S4 is substantially faster than another individual's modded C32. YMMV.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:17 PM

2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
I believe it was an OT side conversation going on in the thread - in this case, that particular individual's heavily modded B5 S4 is substantially faster than another individual's modded C32. YMMV.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:37 PM

I do not think anyone is trying to prove anything here it is just a video showing a modified C32 against a modded B5 S4. There was a side conversation on this guys particular S4 and I was just simply sharing a video of his car.

But I guess to answer the question on what it proves is a Stage 3 B5 S4 beats up on a Stage 3 C32 pretty good. That is why I was wondering what a stage 3 C32 with the S/C pulley would run in the 1/4 with a good driver. I was telling the guys on the Audi board maybe it would be closer if the C32 would of had the S/C pulley in addition to the crank pulley. This is of course with two drivers with the same ability. I posted the link because I was so surprised how hard that dam S4 pulled.

We all love cars here and a lot of us love fast cars even more so I am sure everyone enjoys a video of two fast cars going at it. I apologoze if you did not like the video.

Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Old 08-26-2008, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
I do not think anyone is trying to prove anything here it is just a video showing a modified C32 against a modded B5 S4. There was a side conversation on this guys particular S4 and I was just simply sharing a video of his car.

But I guess to answer the question on what it proves is a Stage 3 B5 S4 beats up on a Stage 3 C32 pretty good. That is why I was wondering what a stage 3 C32 with the S/C pulley would run in the 1/4 with a good driver. I was telling the guys on the Audi board maybe it would be closer if the C32 would of had the S/C pulley in addition to the crank pulley. This is of course with two drivers with the same ability. I posted the link because I was so surprised how hard that dam S4 pulled.

We all love cars here and a lot of us love fast cars even more so I am sure everyone enjoys a video of two fast cars going at it. I apologoze if you did not like the video.
Agree that we all love cars, and I for one did enjoy the video.

However, I would advise caution when you're comparing 'Stages' - especially across brands. FWIW, no one really even knows or agrees what a "Stage 3 C32" would even be. Stages 1 and 2 are fairly easy, but even so there are important distinctions - for example, a Stage 1 car with a 185mm crank pulley likely would be faster than a Stage 2 car with a 178mm crank pulley. Also, there's the money aspect to consider - a Stage 3 B5 S4 likely has $10-15k sunk into the motor alone. If you threw that much money at a C32, you might create an equal from a performance standpoint... who knows. As c32used astutely has claimed, "there's always someone faster..."
Old 08-26-2008, 08:38 PM

2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by trbo2nr
Speaking of boost, what does the Code3 SC pulley run? I'm afraid to add the crank pulley thinking it's too much- long term longevity.
I believe the Code3 ALONE runs a little over 16.5 lbs (correct me if I'm wrong Brandon). The ASP ALONE runs about 17.5 lbs (but makes for extra parasitic loss due to the accessories being sped up). As you can see, each one adds about 2-3 lbs, but due to the magic of multiplication, when run together they add about 7.5 lbs over stock!!!
Old 08-26-2008, 08:57 PM

2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by BenzoAMGpower
Do you need to run a different belt with this crank + sc pulley setup?
No.

In fact, I'm running a setup the creates about 70% belt wrap on the S/C pulley using the stock belt. The ASP + Code3 can make for a lot of belt slip. I invested in a $50 SVT Cobra auxiliary idler pulley (90mm), and about $3 in hardware for a simple bolt on mod (about 15 minutes).

I know, I know; I've already promised to post this up in another thread, but I wanted to wait until I had a simple bolt on solution for you guys running upper & lower pulleys in conjunction. I originally had to cut spacers and drill brass plumbing hardware to get it to work. I now have it perfected and it is pure bolt-on with NO fabrication involved. I just haven't gotten around to posting it yet.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:59 PM

Very good point on the stages between the cars. I was trying to show the guys on the Audi board a C32 could be competitive. That is when they posted the video. I then said well if the C32 had the crank pulley, s/c pulley, intake and tune it would be closer. Someone here said at best adding a S/C pulley to a crank pulley setup would only knock tenths off the best times posted on the web for a C32 which would not put the C32 in the S4 stage 3 range.

But your view is very correct when you say if you throw 10K at a C32 it would be right there. These guys are buying K04's turbo's which are big bucks.

This dialog started when I spanked a stock B5 S4 and asked who on the forum it was. That is when they said well so and so has a Stage 3 S4 in the area that would blow your doors off. C32used point of there is always a faster car out there. I then said well let me get a pulley and tune first and they said it would not matter.

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Agree that we all love cars, and I for one did enjoy the video.

However, I would advise caution when you're comparing 'Stages' - especially across brands. FWIW, no one really even knows or agrees what a "Stage 3 C32" would even be. Stages 1 and 2 are fairly easy, but even so there are important distinctions - for example, a Stage 1 car with a 185mm crank pulley likely would be faster than a Stage 2 car with a 178mm crank pulley. Also, there's the money aspect to consider - a Stage 3 B5 S4 likely has $10-15k sunk into the motor alone. If you threw that much money at a C32, you might create an equal from a performance standpoint... who knows. As c32used astutely has claimed, "there's always someone faster..."
Old 08-26-2008, 09:25 PM

CLK550
This dialog started when I spanked a stock B5 S4 and asked who on the forum it was. That is when they said well so and so has a Stage 3 S4 in the area that would blow your doors off.

That's usually what you're going to get when you go on another car forum and ask a question like that. I'm not saying you did anything wrong, it's just that some people get defensive and are brash in their reactions.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:28 PM

03 c32
Originally Posted by Eleventeen
No.

In fact, I'm running a setup the creates about 70% belt wrap on the S/C pulley using the stock belt. The ASP + Code3 can make for a lot of belt slip. I invested in a $50 SVT Cobra auxiliary idler pulley (90mm), and about $3 in hardware for a simple bolt on mod (about 15 minutes).

I know, I know; I've already promised to post this up in another thread, but I wanted to wait until I had a simple bolt on solution for you guys running upper & lower pulleys in conjunction. I originally had to cut spacers and drill brass plumbing hardware to get it to work. I now have it perfected and it is pure bolt-on with NO fabrication involved. I just haven't gotten around to posting it yet.
Please post NOW
Old 08-26-2008, 11:16 PM
M_M

C32 AMG
I've had both s4and c32, I would say s4 would be way faster in 1/4 mile run,(avg. 60'=1.6x s 1/4 mile=11.3-11.5s) with just the following mods:

k04s, intake/down pipes, de-cats, exhuast, FMIC, DV, and custom dyno tune. cost less than 10k.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:19 AM
Banned

C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
Board members,

I just spoke with Brandon and he said we will be releasing a mid-size supercharger pulley that works in conjunction with a 178mm crank pulley shortly. From our dyno testing we picked up 24rwtq and 22rwhp across the powerband with no slippage.

I'll post more information as it becomes available.

Sincerely,

Aaron
Old 08-27-2008, 04:40 AM

C32 AMG
will this mid size sc pulley + crank pulley combo out-power the existing small sc pulley?
Old 08-27-2008, 06:04 AM

C32 AMG
Current status

Ok, an update from me with Code3 SC pulley and Evo 178mm crank pulley.

I had some initial spluttering problems, which turned out to be the magnecor leads. Changed them to original leads and the spluttering disappeared.

I acutally got the LET "Jerry" tune whilst I had the spluttering as I thought it was a fuel map problem. The tune didn't fix it which prompted me to look at spark plugs (which were ok) and then changed the leads which solved the problem.

I already have the Jerry tune and the cars run clear now however seems to be lacking top end. So I decided to get a dyno and it reveals not all is ok.

See the attached dyno graph. You can see about 120klm's (just over 4200 rpms) the A/F ratio skies up to dangerous levels. Very concerning, however no pinging can be heard and no ECU codes thrown. Also the power is down, should be better than that. torque is quite impressive at 710 Nm.

Jerry has tried to update the file with richer in high rpms but same thing. So I'm stuck as to what the problem is. Seems not enough fuel is getting in at high rpms. I thought the c32 stock fuel system was ok to 500HP? Going to change the fuel filter which is due anyway.

Jerry thinks it may be the cats restricting air flow and also causing wrong readings on A/F ratio??

I'm not sure, but doesn't look good. Anyone with any thoughts, especially if they have the same set-up?

Thinking I might go to the mid sized C3 SC pulley and re-test.
Attached Thumbnails Code3 SC pulley plus 178mm, any updates?-picture1.jpg   Code3 SC pulley plus 178mm, any updates?-picture.jpg  
Old 08-27-2008, 07:55 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by LAZA_C32

I had some initial spluttering problems, which turned out to be the magnecor leads. Changed them to original leads and the spluttering disappeared.

I acutally got the LET "Jerry" tune whilst I had the spluttering as I thought it was a fuel map problem. The tune didn't fix it which prompted me to look at spark plugs (which were ok) and then changed the leads which solved the problem.

I already have the Jerry tune and the cars run clear now however seems to be lacking top end. So I decided to get a dyno and it reveals not all is ok.

See the attached dyno graph. You can see about 120klm's (just over 4200 rpms) the A/F ratio skies up to dangerous levels. Very concerning, however no pinging can be heard and no ECU codes thrown. Also the power is down, should be better than that. torque is quite impressive at 710 Nm.

Jerry has tried to update the file with richer in high rpms but same thing. So I'm stuck as to what the problem is. Seems not enough fuel is getting in at high rpms. I thought the c32 stock fuel system was ok to 500HP? Going to change the fuel filter which is due anyway.

Jerry thinks it may be the cats restricting air flow and also causing wrong readings on A/F ratio??

I'm not sure, but doesn't look good. Anyone with any thoughts, especially if they have the same set-up?

Working on it now. We currently have a dyno appt scheduled today for C32used. He is going to let us use his car to test with. He has the 178mm pulley and I have a Code3 pulley that I aquired via a tune trade.

We'll make it work....hang in there.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:58 AM

Totally agree we all love our brand cars. I know it was coming especially on the S4 board where they really make there cars fast.

Originally Posted by RedBull
That's usually what you're going to get when you go on another car forum and ask a question like that. I'm not saying you did anything wrong, it's just that some people get defensive and are brash in their reactions.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:00 AM

Thanks for sharing that is quick down the track for a street car

Originally Posted by M_M
I've had both s4and c32, I would say s4 would be way faster in 1/4 mile run,(avg. 60'=1.6x s 1/4 mile=11.3-11.5s) with just the following mods:

k04s, intake/down pipes, de-cats, exhuast, FMIC, DV, and custom dyno tune. cost less than 10k.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:06 AM

C32
Originally Posted by LAZA_C32

those number cant be right. 273hp and 523 ft/lbs of tq???
Old 08-27-2008, 01:43 PM

07 E550, 02 C32, 91 300E
Originally Posted by mustang281man
those number cant be right. 273hp and 523 ft/lbs of tq???
Yeah I don't get it, I converted also and got the same.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Code3 SC pulley plus 178mm, any updates?