C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

JR-Industries Pillar Pod C32/Slk32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2008 | 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
a minor observation
C32 pillars are fabric wrapped. might be something to ponder before you buy. I could care less as I would remove it before i sold it.
Old 09-03-2008 | 07:47 PM

2005 c55amg, 2000 clk430, 2002 clk55amg, 2008 clk63amg black series
Originally Posted by moosejaw
Will we see you on pinks (speedchannel)?
MooseJaw, i never thought of it that way? I just am wanting to go crazy on a benz....no one really does these cars so extreme...it would just be cool to see people's faces when they look into the car and see that stuff..plus i have this stuff laying around the garage and want to do something with it...i think that add ons are good, as long as thet serve a functional purpose.
Old 09-04-2008 | 10:23 AM

srt 6 chrysler crossfire
2 Questions

1. Would you sell it a one gauge pod only, i only care about boost.

2. Any chance you can post these what they look like back lit
I believe the SRT have green illumination where the AMG's have amber.

and

3. Make a custom gauge for C55 owners where it's needle points from useless to worthless to keep them occupied while driving. (jk)
yes we make a single, dual and triple for the SRT6 and we will also offer it for the benz. Here is a pic of the gauge from my Iphone so the quality isnt the best, they are very crisp in person.

The amber is yet to be an issue, if you look the gauge has a button on the bottom that allows it to be 7 different colors I believe. The yellow isnt close to your amber nor is the Red. We will have to take the gauge apart and color one of the LED's so that when you click it to red or yellow (have not decided yet) your amber color appears.
Attached Thumbnails JR-Industries Pillar Pod C32/Slk32-photoex0.jpg  
Old 09-04-2008 | 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
3. Make a custom gauge for C55 owners where it's needle points from useless to worthless to keep them occupied while driving. (jk)
Old 09-04-2008 | 02:05 PM

1991 Toyota MR2, 2002 C32 AMG
I wouldn't knock on C55 owners if I were you guys.... Remember our friendly neighborhood C55 owner put down 400+ hp to the wheels about a week or so ago.
Old 09-04-2008 | 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
No one is knocking C55's bc of a lack of power or speed
but rather their need for all these gauges.

Boosted cars need these gauges
NA cars dont.
I hate extra gauges like I have in my rx-7 and would prefer a setup similar to the GT-R. Can you believe for three years the rx-7 did not come with a boost gauge?

The C55 you are referring to is an exception to the rule.
If every C55 owner had a cockrocach on the back of their trunk giving additional downforce like Rolly, I'm sure they would be flying too.
Old 09-04-2008 | 03:08 PM

C55
c55 owners need the gaugepod for time gauge, date gauge and uhhhh maybe a compass for those without NAV.....
Old 09-04-2008 | 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by turbo16lbs
I wouldn't knock on C55 owners if I were you guys.... Remember our friendly neighborhood C55 owner put down 400+ hp to the wheels about a week or so ago.
And thats without a retune as he is getting so RWHP should be more and with the Quaife watchout boys
Old 09-04-2008 | 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by crazeazn
c55 owners need the gaugepod for time gauge, date gauge and uhhhh maybe a compass for those without NAV.....
throw in a a weather gauge too.
and those of you who want to devote a shrine to C55asleep need to wipe your noses, stay on topic pls.

JK to those who take things a little too seriously
Old 09-04-2008 | 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
and those of you who want to devote a shrine to C55asleep need to wipe your noses, stay on topic pls.

Old 09-04-2008 | 04:50 PM

SLK32
Originally Posted by boohooramblers
First and foremost, I welcome any modifications and anyone who contributes to the aftermarket scene for our cars should be applauded.

But.......
Maybe I'm just getting old and / or simply wrong on this issue...... (and please correct me if I'm wrong!)

Doesn't this particular pillar gauge pod significantly obstruct your view out of a very important area (safety-wise) of the left windshield?
I've highlighted the area in red in the image below.
Perhaps it's just the angle at which the photo was taken, but in this view, this just seems to be a little on the dangerous side.
Personally, at least for the SLK, I'd like to have a pod right where the cupholder is located. It could be made to install in the recess and match both the cluster shade and the dash. I've attached a crude photoshopped image of what I'm talking about. Done correctly, this location would look factory and be very functional, especially if the gauge faces are made to look like the factory ones and the dash insert is has the same lines and covering as the dash cluster covering. Three would be tight, but two would certainly be do-able.
Attached Thumbnails JR-Industries Pillar Pod C32/Slk32-cupholder.jpg   JR-Industries Pillar Pod C32/Slk32-removed.jpg   JR-Industries Pillar Pod C32/Slk32-gauges.jpg  
Old 09-04-2008 | 05:07 PM

C55

ooo i know VOLT METER!
Old 09-04-2008 | 07:11 PM

2005 c55amg, 2000 clk430, 2002 clk55amg, 2008 clk63amg black series
Originally Posted by crazeazn
ooo i know VOLT METER!
And i drive a C55
Old 09-04-2008 | 07:26 PM

SLK32
Originally Posted by CKovach
Personally, at least for the SLK, I'd like to have a pod right where the cupholder is located. It could be made to install in the recess and match both the cluster shade and the dash. I've attached a crude photoshopped image of what I'm talking about. Done correctly, this location would look factory and be very functional, especially if the gauge faces are made to look like the factory ones and the dash insert is has the same lines and covering as the dash cluster covering. Three would be tight, but two would certainly be do-able.

Great idea.
Old 09-04-2008 | 07:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
First and foremost, I welcome any modifications and anyone who contributes to the aftermarket scene for our cars should be applauded.

But.......
Maybe I'm just getting old and / or simply wrong on this issue...... (and please correct me if I'm wrong!)

Doesn't this particular pillar gauge pod significantly obstruct your view out of a very important area (safety-wise) of the left windshield?
Perhaps it's just the angle at which the photo was taken, but in this view, this just seems to be a little on the dangerous side.

I totally agree with this ^^^ Me being a C55 guy If had the Air/fuel meter that would be just about all i would want so it would be good to have a pod that fits one meter.
Old 09-04-2008 | 09:05 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
not sure how good of an idea is to have it on the a-pillar in the C-class because the side head airbag pops out from the a-pillar. you wouldn't want anything flying at you when you crash would you?

personally would opt for an hide-away one. one of my B5 S4 friend put his boost gauge in the middle of the air vents because on the B5 there's 3 center vents.
Old 09-04-2008 | 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by FrankW
not sure how good of an idea is to have it on the a-pillar in the C-class because the side head airbag pops out from the a-pillar. you wouldn't want anything flying at you when you crash would you?

personally would opt for an hide-away one. one of my B5 S4 friend put his boost gauge in the middle of the air vents because on the B5 there's 3 center vents.
+1 - this would probably fly right into your face at a high rate of speed if you got into an accident.

I've seen those Audi gauges too - I believe AWE tuning started that, although there may've been a few knock-offs.
Old 09-04-2008 | 10:46 PM

RENNtech C32 AMG
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
+1 - this would probably fly right into your face at a high rate of speed if you got into an accident.

I've seen those Audi gauges too - I believe AWE tuning started that, although there may've been a few knock-offs.
I wouldn't worry about that. In my 03 C320, all the left side air bags (minus the steering wheel) went off. The pillar does not come off when deploying that air bag, it just moves a little out of the way. So if the pillar pod was secured enough, it wouldn't go anywhere.
Old 09-04-2008 | 10:51 PM

RENNtech C32 AMG

But.......

I'm 6ft tall, so my seating position is kind of far back and I have trouble seeing past the pillar when making a left turn. I have to move my head around that pillar to see how close to the curb I am coming close to. With another larger obstruction in the way, this would make it even more difficult to see past.
Old 09-05-2008 | 01:25 PM

srt 6 chrysler crossfire
center console

Originally Posted by CKovach
Our centers are very similar. I wonder if our double din center console would work with your slk center console.
Attached Thumbnails JR-Industries Pillar Pod C32/Slk32-center-console.jpg  
Old 09-05-2008 | 01:43 PM

1991 Toyota MR2, 2002 C32 AMG
and for that I apologize.

Noone here is taking anything seriously but you champ. As a matter of fact C32used even " " with your sassy little comment. But I find it ironic how you've come to claim the title of internet police.

A dig is a dig..... to be frank sometimes your jokes aren't warranted.

And before I forget, let me add your immunity clause, "JK to those who take things a little too seriously".

Here's looking at you kid.

Last edited by turbo16lbs; 09-05-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Old 09-05-2008 | 01:47 PM

Bicycle
Originally Posted by turbo16lbs
and for that I apologize.

Noone here is taking anything seriously but you champ. As a matter of fact C32used even " " with your sassy little comment. But I find it ironic how you've come to claim the title of internet police.

A dig is a dig..... to be frank sometimes your jokes aren't warranted.

And before I forget, let me add your immunity clause, "JK to those who take things a little too seriously".
Old 09-05-2008 | 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Another thread that's going to get closed
Old 09-05-2008 | 03:52 PM

'02 C32, '10 135i M-Sport, '10 E63, '17 GLE63S
So, how about 'dem single pods? Just a boost gauge would be tremendously fun to have, situated at the bottom of the A-pillar. Any idea on what the cost might be around, or how tough the installation might be?
Old 09-06-2008 | 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
ha ha
yeah i'm known for my sense of humour

i'm sure the t-78 in my rice burner would give your sc a run for it's money
unless u have something else up your sleeve?
Ignore him He's the same guy who insulted Stevie Nicks!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: JR-Industries Pillar Pod C32/Slk32