04 C32 AMG buying advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N/A
04 C32 AMG buying advice

Hi,

I am newbie here, and I have a plan to buy first Mercedes in my life.

I read many posts and 04 C32 AMG is just best car for me. I can not think about other car.

I just searched autotrader.com, car.com and MBUSA CPO, I see couple of 04 C32 AMG with around 55k miles (one of CPO is 59k) and prices are 20k to 25k range.

are these good price for new Mercedes buyer? or to much high price?

I also have some advice how I can make sure dealer's inspection is real? Have you guys done let 3rd Party Inspection requested for buying used car before?

I don't know. I want to have this car, but there is too much risk for me. Please give to me some good advice.

I am in Chicago Area.

Thank you.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
The prices sound about right. What I would first focus on is JUST the ones that have service records. I would even pay a bit more for one with complete service history.

Just to give you a for instance I am trying to sell my 03 with 36K miles and another year warranty for $20,499.00.

C32used is the man with the Chicago connections

Originally Posted by veritas_jk
Hi,

I read many posts and 04 C32 AMG is just best car for me. I can not think about other car.

I just searched autotrader.com, car.com and MBUSA CPO, I see couple of 04 C32 AMG with around 55k miles (one of CPO is 59k) and prices are 20k to 25k range.

I also have some advice how I can make sure dealer's inspection is real? Have you guys done let 3rd Party Inspection requested for buying used car before?

I don't know. I want to have this car, but there is too much risk for me. Please give to me some good advice.

I am in Chicago Area.

Thank you.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:41 PM

N/A
Originally Posted by bud4ya
The prices sound about right. What I would first focus on is JUST the ones that have service records. I would even pay a bit more for one with complete service history.

Just to give you a for instance I am trying to sell my 03 with 36K miles and another year warranty for $20,499.00.

Thank you.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:57 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo

indeed...vics got the hook ups in chi land...

we are all getting together on friday night if you wanna check out some rides...

(vic and LET will be there...)

Old 08-13-2008, 12:48 AM

04' C32 AMG & 90' TT 300ZX
Originally Posted by loungn14

we are all getting together on friday night if you wanna check out some rides...

FRIDAY!!! yay.
Ya man kbb tells me my 04 c32 amg with 43k is 24k so 20-25k price range is okay considering the time we are in.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
i say if your not a diy'er, get extented warranty. Also if cannot afford to at least spend $1k-2k a yr on maintence and other keep costs, this is not the car for you.

I've probably spent more in the 8 months for upkeep and maintence costs on my c32 then i did the three years i owned a civic.

But the pay off is that the c32 is stylish, has 4dr's, is relatively fast and easy to mod so it makes it all worth it.

With LET developing there twin turbo kit for the c32, its even more tuner friendly.

Check to see if the radiator has been changed, if not check for glycol contamination. Then check to see if the intercooler pump has been replaced.

Other then that, everything else is relatively easy to fix.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:53 AM

N/A
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
i say if your not a diy'er, get extented warranty. Also if cannot afford to at least spend $1k-2k a yr on maintence and other keep costs, this is not the car for you.

I've probably spent more in the 8 months for upkeep and maintence costs on my c32 then i did the three years i owned a civic.

But the pay off is that the c32 is stylish, has 4dr's, is relatively fast and easy to mod so it makes it all worth it.

With LET developing there twin turbo kit for the c32, its even more tuner friendly.

Check to see if the radiator has been changed, if not check for glycol contamination. Then check to see if the intercooler pump has been replaced.

Thank you so much about this, so you mean if factory warranty left, go dealer before end of it and check about your mentioning stuffs, do they fix this things? Or should I wait until tell me about problem when I have maintain schedule? (Of course if I buy)

This car seems so beautiful machine, fast and 3.2L is okay than 5.5L, but I was worry about small and big mechanical problem not cover warranty, that is only one thing I care about buying this less than 50k miles(warranty covers up to 50k mils right?
Old 08-13-2008, 10:54 AM

N/A

Please tell me about vic and LET, what is thoes?
Old 08-13-2008, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by TemjinX2

I beg to differ with you on this post Temjin:

I road race mine, and with the exception of new front brake pads "$100.00", and a few tires, ALL were my own fault mind you. This thing has been BULLETPROOF

What maintenace costs are you talking about? What were your $1-2K costs for?

See yeah

PS: Okay, the IC pump did go out, but hello warrenty, or $100.00 from LET
Old 08-13-2008, 11:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
Vic is c32USED on this forum. Very helpful and lives in your area. LET is a dist of high quaility yet affordable performance upgrades for our C32's (Ex Pulley's HE plugs Etc)

Please tell me about vic and LET, what is thoes?
Old 08-13-2008, 11:31 AM
SPONSOR

indeed....just stop by the meet on friday and get to know everyone...(and check out the cars)

Old 08-13-2008, 12:57 PM

N/A
indeed....just stop by the meet on friday and get to know everyone...(and check out the cars)

Friday night where?

I don't even have car right now,, so it's kind of embracing to show up..
But thank all of them
Old 08-13-2008, 01:54 PM

N/A

Thank you..

Please let me have more information about your car..

current option, status

any issue related common c32 problem

Thank you
Old 08-13-2008, 02:35 PM
SPONSOR

Friday night where?

I don't even have car right now,, so it's kind of embracing to show up..
But thank all of them
https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/255881-chicago-meet.html

Hooters in schaumberg.....

No worries that you dont have a C32 yet...good wealth of info there to send you down the right path...

Old 08-15-2008, 12:46 PM

2002 C32, 2011 VW GTI
Hi,

I am in Chicago Area.

Thank you.
Cool. I'm in Chicagoland too. Advice:

1. Get the warranty!

2. Be prepared to go outside of IL to get a car. These are rare enough so that expanding your search will probably give you a better example. I got mine in CO.

That's about it. Very good car, if not terribly reliable or economical. Enjoy and good luck!
Old 08-15-2008, 02:25 PM

N/A
Originally Posted by Slater126
Cool. I'm in Chicagoland too. Advice:

1. Get the warranty!

2. Be prepared to go outside of IL to get a car. These are rare enough so that expanding your search will probably give you a better example. I got mine in CO.

That's about it. Very good car, if not terribly reliable or economical. Enjoy and good luck!
Thank you.. I only see CPO 2003 c32 AMG 59k miles(with Navi) at $20600 form MBUSA.COM, is this too much miles on it?

should I go with 2004 or 2003? since it 2004 is last, it sounds to me better.
I really want to have full option one(with Navi). but I don't know what people think.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Thank you.. I only see CPO 2003 c32 AMG 59k miles(with Navi) at $20600 form MBUSA.COM, is this too much miles on it?

I really want to have full option one(with Navi). but I don't know what people think.
I have the Nav in my 04, and it should help re-sale value, however on a side note it really is worthless. Hard to use, pain in the behind. Heck ANY GPS unit sold is better, IMHO. As far as MUST have options, lighting packag all the way. It is a must have that spoils you instantly.

See yeah
Old 08-15-2008, 07:49 PM

2002 C32, 2011 VW GTI

There's no appreciable difference between the years in terms reliability or performance. The '03s got clear Xeons, different buttons on the HVAC panel and the cool AMG engine plaque (bearing the name of some German technician who's name you cannot pronounce). The '04s got the metal sport pedals and I think the first aid kit was relocated from the rear parcel shelf to the trunk. I think that's about the extent of the differences between the three model years.

Oh yea, and production declined each successive year. I think they only imported like 300-400 in 2004. So if you limit your search to the '04 models, you'll have very few cars to pick from.

I'd just get one with the lowest mileage and warranty and not worry so much about the year.