Ever heard of this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Question Ever heard of this?

Anyone heard of this "ethos" (fuel re-formulator)?

here is website

ethosforearth.com

My ex wife was asked to try it and she had me check it out and I have no idea. Should she try it anyway?
Old 08-25-2008, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
Originally Posted by c32used

here is website

ethosforearth.com

My ex wife was asked to try it and she had me check it out and I have no idea. Should she try it anyway?
this is what i found from a quick google search

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. IT DOES NOT WORK AND THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND THERE GUARANTEE. I HAVE USED THIS PRODUCT ONLY TO GET LESS MILES PER GALLON. WHEN I TRIED TO contact the company. They do not reply and you can not get through the telephone number they give you. Save your money. DO NOT BUY..FRAUD AND RIP OFF...there guarantee claims they will DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK...What a joke...they will not even give you the price you paid for it.

Penny
Apache Junction, Arizona
U.S.A.
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0340991.htm

Ethos is a unique combination of high-quality, specially designed esters that uses only the elements of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen. Designed for use in all fossil fuels, it is an effective solution for the air pollution caused by internal combustion engines. Amazingly, everyone can personally benefit from this fantastic product because Ethos Fuel Reformulator significantly reduces fuel costs. Environment Reduces vehicle emissions by 30% or more. Moreover, Ethos is non-toxic, non-hazardous, free of carcinogens, and 99.99976% ash-less upon combustion.

Economy When added to both the fuel tank and crank case, Ethos increases fuel economy by 7% to 19%, but the savings doesn't stop there. Reducing friction producing heat increases the longevity of your engine and this means less downtime and lower repair costs.

Performance Dissolves gums and varnishes, lubricates upper cylinder components, and keeps the entire fuel system clean.

EXTENDS ENGINE LIFE The greatest savings from using Ethos For Earth's Fuel Reformulator are engine maintenance costs. Ethos For Earth's Fuel Reformulator lubricates the walls of the combustion chamber to help prevent engine damage. Engines break down and operate inefficiently because of the long term wear and tear on vital engine parts. By lubricating these parts with the Fuel Reformulator, you are increasing the longevity of your vehicle.

SAVE MONEY ON FUEL COST Every time you fill up at the pump, Ethos For Earth's Fuel Reformulator saves you 7% to 19% on average. With millions of miles in road test our Fuel Reformulator offers a cost effective solution to relieve the skyrocketing price of fuel and helps decrease the amount of toxic emissions released by your vehicle. By using Ethos For Earth's Fuel Reformulator, consumers are addressing two side effects: wasted fuel and air pollution. Fuel burns inefficiently in internal combustion engines, and that inefficiency leads to wasted fuel which transforms into toxic emissions. Our fuel reformulator helps your engine burn fuel more efficiently so it significantly improved both of these adverse effects. Most important, the use of Ethos For Earth's Fuel Reformulator results in a fuel cost savings to the customer.

REDUCED HARMFUL EMISSIONS 30% OR MORE Ethos For Earth's Fuel Reformulator provides and immediate cost effective strategy for reducing air pollution cause by fossil fuels and internal combustion engines. Ethos For Earth's Fuel Reformulator works with all fuels.

When an engine uses fuel to the maximum degree possible, it has important benefits such as:

Reducing fuel consumption. Reducing non-combusted residues that an engine expels in the form of exhaust, such as hydrocarbons, nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, particle matter and other harmful products of combustion. Ethos For Earth's Fuel Reformulator is 99.99% ash-less upon combustion. BENEFITS Non-toxic and non-hazardous. Increases fuel economy. Reduces toxic emissions. Burns 99.9-9% clean. Reduces heat and friction. Works in any internal combustion engine. Cleans and lubricates engine parts. Safe for the environment. Easy to use. Fill your tank less frequently. Improves your vehicle performance. Works with any fuel. Less maintenance costs. 100% natural and biodegradable.

This product is available at http://www.forearthonline.com/womensfestivals
Basically it claims to increase your gas mileage by breaking down deposits in your engine and therefore making it more efficient.

Its a thirdy party version of a chevron's techron. I dont know how effective it is compared to techron. But its the same fuel additives that are in tier 1 gas companies like chevron, shell, 76. You can buy the more concentrated versions at autozone or pep boys for $10.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
this is what i found from a quick google search

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0340991.htm

Basically it claims to increase your gas mileage by breaking down deposits in your engine and therefore making it more efficient.

Its a thirdy party version of a chevron's techron. I dont know how effective it is compared to techron. But its the same fuel additives that are in tier 1 gas companies like chevron, shell, 76. You can buy the more concentrated versions at autozone or pep boys for $10.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
Have her use Techron. If you can have her put it in the last full tank before and oil change. Reason I say this is it does loosen up deposits. I was told this years ago by Audi. Not sure how true it is but I can see the theory behind it. The deposits the Techron removed you want immediately flushed out. This is done with an oil change. They just said it tends to make your oil a bit dirty.

here is website

ethosforearth.com

Old 08-26-2008, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Question

Originally Posted by bud4ya
Have her use Techron. If you can have her put it in the last full tank before and oil change. Reason I say this is it does loosen up deposits. I was told this years ago by Audi. Not sure how true it is but I can see the theory behind it. The deposits the Techron removed you want immediately flushed out. This is done with an oil change. They just said it tends to make your oil a bit dirty.
For that I'll use Techron myself since I am about to change oil can you tell me name of it or is it just Techron?
Old 08-26-2008, 11:45 AM

It is just called Techron. It is in a black bottle. There are a couple different sizes depending on the size of your fuel tank. Any good auto parts store should have it. Even try WalMart. It does a great job of cleaning the car out.

For that I'll use Techron myself since I am about to change oil can you tell me name of it or is it just Techron?
Old 08-26-2008, 12:29 PM

2010 C63
one thing that actually seems to work is adding 1 to 2 oz of acetone for every 10 gallons of gas. it only makes a difference on long hwy cruising

Mike
Old 08-26-2008, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by bud4ya
It is just called Techron. It is in a black bottle. There are a couple different sizes depending on the size of your fuel tank. Any good auto parts store should have it. Even try WalMart. It does a great job of cleaning the car out.
+1 - IIRC, the bottle sizes treat "up to 12 gallons" and "up to 20 gallons" or something like that. Thanks for the info to run it through prior to a planned oil change - makes sense I guess, but never occurred to me.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:44 PM

NP

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
+1 - IIRC, the bottle sizes treat "up to 12 gallons" and "up to 20 gallons" or something like that. Thanks for the info to run it through prior to a planned oil change - makes sense I guess, but never occurred to me.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
[QUOTE=c32used;3016793]For that I'll use Techron myself since I am about to change oil can you tell me name of it or is it just Techron?[/QUOTE]

Before or after your Wed dyno run and tune