WTF is this new intake on ebay?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
WTF is this new intake on ebay?

just came across this searching for random crap on ebay. wuddya guys think? legit or not?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...spagenameZWDVW
Old 08-29-2008, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 CLK430, 86 BMW 325, 66 GTmustang, 97 GTmustang
ya i saw that too weird looks like all you would be doing is sucking up engine heat
Old 08-29-2008, 12:35 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
I understand the importance of keywords when searching so that leaves me to wonder how many hit the action gets on "CLK32"

this thing is crap its just a new picture and ad/action of the same junk thats been on ebay for a very long time.

I wonder if this intake comes with a badge for the back Like Kleemann, Brabus and Renntech do. I can see it now "C32-AMG-EBAY" man that would be rare.
Maybe some side stickers that say "Powered By EBAY"
Old 08-29-2008, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
I can see it now "C32-AMG-EBAY" man that would be rare.
Maybe some side stickers that say "Powered By EBAY"
Old 08-29-2008, 11:37 AM

'10 GLK 350 Capri Blue/Black
Total garbage. Just look at the models that this 'expert' thinks this applies to. How many of these don't actually exist?

Mercedes c32 AMG w201
2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000

Mercedes SLK32 AMG w2
2004, 2003, 2002, 2001

Mercedes CL63 AMG w204

Mercedes S63 AMG w204

Mercedes E63 AMG w212
2007, 2008

Mercedes ML63 AMG w212
2007, 2008, 2009

Mercedes c63 AMG w204
2008, 2009

Mercedes CLS63 AMG w212
2009, 2008, 2007

The E63 and the ML63 share the same W212 chassis? 2002 W201 C32? 2000 C32? 2001 CL63? No 6.3's available in 2001...

Don't waste your money on this junk.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:32 PM

2008 BMW 135i
Talking EBay Powered Foamies!

I dont know if I would trust those foam filters that look like they came off an 80's vintage microphone.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:45 PM

2005 c55amg, 2000 clk430, 2002 clk55amg, 2008 clk63amg black series
BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Originally Posted by jturkel
just came across this searching for random crap on ebay. wuddya guys think? legit or not?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...spagenameZWDVW

These things are total junk...there was a thread about these awhile back. Total garbage. They suck up the hot air and the foam falls apart.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
these come up every so often run don't walk away from these things. they are horrible they suck in HOT engine from bay. the current setup on your cars work very well. they are good cold air intakes. they work very well when at speed, forcing air in.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by sick430
these come up every so often run don't walk away from these things. they are horrible they suck in HOT engine from bay. the current setup on your cars work very well. they are good cold air intakes. they work very well when at speed, forcing air in.

I totally agree....the only thing i would do is the green foam k&n filters or the kleemann or renntech airbox setup.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by mb_c55amg_guy
I totally agree....the only thing i would do is the green foam k&n filters or the kleemann or renntech airbox setup.
+1

For air filters, I would only go with well known companies, such as, K&N or BMC.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
+1

For air filters, I would only go with well known companies, such as, K&N or BMC.
I like the K&N personally, but BMC is great too. Really it comes down to the color...green (K&N) or the well known red of BMC. Both are made to do the same thing...

BMC air filters are designed and produced to ensure a higher air flow than original paper filters. In F1, for example, BMC cotton filters minimize the loss of air flow pressure passing through the air filter; this way ensures the best conditions for full exploitation of maximum power. Therefore the benefits of replacing the original paper filter with BMC cotton air filter, produced using the same technology and materials as the F1 air filters, are evident. Qualified engineers using advanced software and expert technicians using the latest technologies produce BMC air filters. A filter must be very light, must be made of the best raw materials and must improve performance. For this reason they use only alloy mesh with epoxy coating to ensure protection from petrol fumes and from oxidization due to the humidity of the air. The filtering material is composed of a special cotton gauze soaked with low-viscosity oil to give you the best air permeability. BMC technical staff has developed a particular production system based on soft rubber moulding which produces the familiar BMC red filters. They are made in one single piece with no welded joints in the corners, thus avoiding breaking risks. This system, called "Full Moulding" comes from R&D in F1 and it is significant of BMC air filters' technical and quality specifics.

K&N Green Filters are engineered to fit your specific year, make and model.
The Green Air Filter improves fuel economy saving you money at the pump
The hand-molded flexible rubber base gives the Green Air Filter an airtight seal
Tightly-interwoven cotton filter medium traps particles as small as 5 microns letting your engine run cleaner. The filter medium is protected by a stylish green-toned stainless steel mesh.The washable and reusable Green Air Filter runs up to 50,000 miles between cleanings.Environmentally friendly, Green Air Filters are reusable and reduce the volume of disposable air filters that litter land fills. Green Filters are backed by a lifetime warranty. Green Filters uses two layers of woven cotton. The first layer boasts a medium knit that traps bigger chunks of engine-choking filth. The second features a super-fine weave that captures particles down to 5 microns. The fabric is deeply pleated to create more dirt-snagging surface area. A stiff, green-toned stainless steel mesh protects the cotton filter medium, so Green Filters last virtually forever. The special hand-molded rubber base creates an airtight seal with your filter box keeping the muck out. Backed by a lifetime warranty.

(Both of the above paragraphs were taken from the internet)
Old 09-02-2008, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by mb_c55amg_guy
I like the K&N personally, but BMC is great too. Really it comes down to the color...green (K&N) or the well known red of BMC. Both are made to do the same thing...

BMC air filters are designed and produced to ensure a higher air flow than original paper filters. In F1, for example, BMC cotton filters minimize the loss of air flow pressure passing through the air filter; this way ensures the best conditions for full exploitation of maximum power. Therefore the benefits of replacing the original paper filter with BMC cotton air filter, produced using the same technology and materials as the F1 air filters, are evident. Qualified engineers using advanced software and expert technicians using the latest technologies produce BMC air filters. A filter must be very light, must be made of the best raw materials and must improve performance. For this reason they use only alloy mesh with epoxy coating to ensure protection from petrol fumes and from oxidization due to the humidity of the air. The filtering material is composed of a special cotton gauze soaked with low-viscosity oil to give you the best air permeability. BMC technical staff has developed a particular production system based on soft rubber moulding which produces the familiar BMC red filters. They are made in one single piece with no welded joints in the corners, thus avoiding breaking risks. This system, called "Full Moulding" comes from R&D in F1 and it is significant of BMC air filters' technical and quality specifics.

K&N Green Filters are engineered to fit your specific year, make and model.
The Green Air Filter improves fuel economy saving you money at the pump
The hand-molded flexible rubber base gives the Green Air Filter an airtight seal
Tightly-interwoven cotton filter medium traps particles as small as 5 microns letting your engine run cleaner. The filter medium is protected by a stylish green-toned stainless steel mesh.The washable and reusable Green Air Filter runs up to 50,000 miles between cleanings.Environmentally friendly, Green Air Filters are reusable and reduce the volume of disposable air filters that litter land fills. Green Filters are backed by a lifetime warranty. Green Filters uses two layers of woven cotton. The first layer boasts a medium knit that traps bigger chunks of engine-choking filth. The second features a super-fine weave that captures particles down to 5 microns. The fabric is deeply pleated to create more dirt-snagging surface area. A stiff, green-toned stainless steel mesh protects the cotton filter medium, so Green Filters last virtually forever. The special hand-molded rubber base creates an airtight seal with your filter box keeping the muck out. Backed by a lifetime warranty.

(Both of the above paragraphs were taken from the internet)
Hmmm... interesting. In my entire life, I have never seen a green K&N filter. K&N's are always red, because of the red oil they use. Green filters are a completely different brand... aren't they?

IMHO, BMC filters are overpriced examples of K&N's - they're essentially the exact same thing, but made in Italy, imported here, and sold at 2-3x the price of the K&N equivalent.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Hmmm... interesting. In my entire life, I have never seen a green K&N filter. K&N's are always red, because of the red oil they use. Green filters are a completely different brand... aren't they?

IMHO, BMC filters are overpriced examples of K&N's - they're essentially the exact same thing, but made in Italy, imported here, and sold at 2-3x the price of the K&N equivalent.

The Green filters are made by K&N i assure you. 60 bucks a pop x 2 for the C55...And yes, i always thought that the BMC's were over priced. I have been using K&N for years...in my Honda's and on my GSXR750 and have never had a problem from them. Google works wonders...just google K&N Green Air Filters...or look up Euroteck.com they are there.