Money No Object Motor Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 C55
Originally Posted by mb_c55amg_guy
whats the cost???
i thought this was a "money no object" build?? haha, i honestly have no idea other than "i cant afford" it!!! hit one of the guys up at VRP, see what they have to say. low compression bottom end, possibly with rear mounted twin turbos. head over to the W211 E55 board, look at the last page of the VRP1000 build, and youll see what im thinking
Old 09-07-2008, 10:50 AM

CLK63 BS AUDI S5 AUDI Q7 4.2 SLine C230 Sport 2010 ML 350
[QUOTE=mb_c55amg_guy;3037832][QUOTE=JT55;3037808]
Originally Posted by ScottW911

JT55,
I understand how someone could think damn...all those cars...etc...and how much could an e6 make? people dont realize that the army is not so bad pay wise anymore..hell we get another one in jan for 3.9% and add all of those deployments etc...i am not here to brag or to lie (what would that get me?)but remember, some of my cars (3 eclipses)are not running, the accord is a 95, and i only have the clk63bs, the c55 and the clk55 insured through usaa...full coverage cause florida law requires all financed cars have full coverage..which is only 374 a month for all 3. I did see a 2008 clk63bs on ebay today...actually a few of them...one was 99k best offer, one was at 86k, and one was 110k...i dont know who marty is you might have to fill me in? guess i should have clarified that some of the cars are not on the road..hell the accord has been sitting for 5 years now..all of the tires are flat from sitting so long. Anyway, i am here to make friends, and to learn. I want to do the C55 project but i dont know how to go about it. i just wanted some feedback from you MB vetrans on the subject of a motor build with no worry when it comes to money...not saying i would not worry, but if i saved the 80k next year what would i be able to do to the car...i want my house and want to payoff some cars, so i will be limited on the funds. i just need to know where to start....pulleys..exhaust..exterior...what should i do first.
Brother for real - I would do the things first that are necessary for you to have a livable life. A roof over your head is much more important in the scheme of things than building your motor. I have learned many lessons in this game and one is that you do this because you love it - period. Whatever money you spend is GONE so spend it like your burning it and never gonna see it again. Before you go building motors put a nice roof over you. It looks pretty ridiculous to have 200k worth of cars and no place to live.
Once you get that place I agree with you -- you hve no responsibilities to anyone and its your money so if this is what makes you happy then go for it.
Your talkin to someone who could easily buy you a new LP640 and a new C63 with the money I've spent modding. There have been times when I wished i saved that money -so think long and hard about those decisions.
However.... I've had three cars and a motorcycle in magazines and won ab 6 Hot Import Nights Trophies - When you open up European Car and Lux. Mod & Exotics and ur work is on display suddenly it doesnt hurt so much.
Good luck in your next deploy.
PM me if you want I can help you with the motor.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32
pull the engine apart, call up je or wiseco for pistons and oliver for crankshaft and rods have them custom mill you some billit rods and a stroker crank. have je or wiseco make you a custom set of pistons to go along with the crank and rods. send your heads off to total engine airflow or fox lake and have them port your heads. call up crower send them your cam and have them grind you new ones for a forced induction setup. call up hks and see if they would work with you on a custom gt42r turbo setup. then you will be good to throw down 700 at the wheels.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:26 AM
Banned

il check back after CH posts
Old 09-07-2008, 11:27 AM

1992 Toyota Corolla, 1994 Chevy C1500, 2002 C32, 2012 Prius, 2013 Toyota Sienna
Damn you broke it down amg_guy. As a E-7 w/ 12 years and 8 being Airborne I can attest to everything amg_guy has said. What did I do with my tax free re-up bonus in Afghanistan....payed bills. $16000. Ive only been deployed 4 times, 2x Iraq 1x Afghan 1x Kosovo...if that counts, looks like youre gonna beat me. Way to go Bro..."Airborne" RLTW
Old 09-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
[quote=JT55;3038111][quote=mb_c55amg_guy;3037832]
Originally Posted by JT55

Brother for real - I would do the things first that are necessary for you to have a livable life. A roof over your head is much more important in the scheme of things than building your motor. I have learned many lessons in this game and one is that you do this because you love it - period. Whatever money you spend is GONE so spend it like your burning it and never gonna see it again. Before you go building motors put a nice roof over you. It looks pretty ridiculous to have 200k worth of cars and no place to live.
Once you get that place I agree with you -- you hve no responsibilities to anyone and its your money so if this is what makes you happy then go for it.
Your talkin to someone who could easily buy you a new LP640 and a new C63 with the money I've spent modding. There have been times when I wished i saved that money -so think long and hard about those decisions.
However.... I've had three cars and a motorcycle in magazines and won ab 6 Hot Import Nights Trophies - When you open up European Car and Lux. Mod & Exotics and ur work is on display suddenly it doesnt hurt so much.
Hey JT55, somehow you are showing that quote being credited to me. That was a quote from mb_C55AMG_guy. Can you fix that post?
Old 09-07-2008, 01:24 PM

2005 c55amg, 2000 clk430, 2002 clk55amg, 2008 clk63amg black series
Originally Posted by mdncn2762
Damn you broke it down amg_guy. As a E-7 w/ 12 years and 8 being Airborne I can attest to everything amg_guy has said. What did I do with my tax free re-up bonus in Afghanistan....payed bills. $16000. Ive only been deployed 4 times, 2x Iraq 1x Afghan 1x Kosovo...if that counts, looks like youre gonna beat me. Way to go Bro..."Airborne" RLTW
Dont worry, you will get another deployment...i can almost garuntee that It would be great to hook up across the pond in the sandbox. Still working the bumper issue. Anyway, thanks for the camaraderie on this issue. i will PM you later to make sure my order is correct so we can get the bumper taken care of.
"Airborne"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
Old 09-07-2008, 01:37 PM

[QUOTE=JT55;3038111][QUOTE=mb_c55amg_guy;3037832]
Originally Posted by JT55

JT,
i do have a roof over my head...i am just waiting to seal the deal on this house, thats why i havent started anything with the c55 yet. I do understand about the long sleepless nights i have pondered over this decision of doing the c55 or not, of selling some cars or not. Of just saying screw it, do some mods and buy what i really want...the lambo, but it seems i have become what i feared most...a pack rat like my father. In time it will work out, i believe that and things change everyday so a lot can happen a year from now. I dont know what the good lord has in store for me. All i can do is try to stop the "little kid in a candy store" feelings and try to find a reasonable resolution to my so called quest. I do appreciate your help and i look forward to talking to you further.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:11 PM

'98 C43 AMG. Obsidian Blk w/2 tone slvr/blk interior
if i didnt live in savannah for 4 years i wouldnt have believed him either. but, as the military guys here know, savannah is crawling with military as it has Hunter AAF constantly flying supplies overseas... i always knew when a good bit of troops were about to come back because all these dealerships would start advertisimg these "special" military discounts... then you would see a bunch of army guys cruising around in brand new trucks and SUV's wearing their camo while driving lol...

those military guys make some pretty good cash, and they get to keep alot of it because when youre deployed in iraq, theres not many ways to spend your money, so it just sits around until youre back home. correct me if im wrong, but i think they get fed too. his cost of living has got to be next to nothing too...
Old 09-07-2008, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by SeeKlasse
if i didnt live in savannah for 4 years i wouldnt have believed him either. but, as the military guys here know, savannah is crawling with military as it has Hunter AAF constantly flying supplies overseas... i always knew when a good bit of troops were about to come back because all these dealerships would start advertisimg these "special" military discounts... then you would see a bunch of army guys cruising around in brand new trucks and SUV's wearing their camo while driving lol...

those military guys make some pretty good cash, and they get to keep alot of it because when youre deployed in iraq, theres not many ways to spend your money, so it just sits around until youre back home. correct me if im wrong, but i think they get fed too. his cost of living has got to be next to nothing too...

Correct you are SeeKlasse. DFAC meals are provided, also overseas either by MRE or by the little DFAC's at the FOB's. Laundry is done by KBR, and the internet and phone usage is free, unless you live away from a post, then u need calling cards etc..or you can have a chipped cell phone to use at about 3 bucks a minute. I dont spend much..hair cuts are 3.50 depending which FOB you go to, or you go to the big PX at the Embassy in the green zone in Baghdad and buy some cd's or mag's. Plus with all the care packages..i use to get about 3 to 4 a week just from my realtor alone. My cost of living is nothing overseas. Back home right now the army either gives me post housing or a hotel room at thier expense. On top of that i get 1500 a month per diem and almost 1850 a month BAH for housing...then like i said..incedentals or sep rats if you wish, base pay etc..so it does add up. I love the military, it has helped me obtain things that others couldnt do so quickly...i mean put yourself in my shoes..you go overseas making over 7k a month for 4 years with no bills, no kids, or wife back home spending it all...contributer to the thrift savings plan (give them 10k and you make 1k after 90 days when you get home...so you get back 11k) and its tax free..plus all of the benifits...its a sweet deal, but remember your life is on the line...so how much is that worth?
Old 09-07-2008, 08:36 PM

06 C55
As to the black series resale, they suck wind. Dealer here had one come in on a trade and was dying to get rid of it. Ugly depreciation because most of the guys who can afford one, and want one which is a whole different story, want a new one. As to wanting one, they are really not a 'typical' daily driver. Suspension is hard beyond comprehension and no back seat. Doesn't add up t a 'practical' car that you can turn very easily. Guys like mb_c55amg_guy are a wet dream for dealers with stock like this since he's got enough disposable income and is young enough not to care too much about the ride / back seat / practicality factor.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
IF money was no object, I would put two audi 1.8T engine (F and Rear) with a decent sized turbos..

But for 55 engine, prlly jst give it to kleeemannnnn or brabus and let them deal with it..
Old 09-07-2008, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
back to the original post...

i agree with mustangman281

cost no object scenario

custom twin turbo $10k

probably another $10k

forged piston's and rods

sleeved block

bored block out to 5.4 to 5.6L

cams,
valves,
port and polish head

around $20k ish probably can easily do 500whp on pump gas probably 700 on race gas.

other scenario

e63 engine swap

then add twin turbo.

cost effective scenario

custom turbo kit $10k

should be able to do 500whp, there some reliability concerns.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:16 PM

06 C55
e63 kompressor swap ...
Old 09-07-2008, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 81 Likes on 65 Posts
2002 CLK430
The problem isn't the engine, it's your perspective. After seat time on your GSXR, EVERYTHING with four wheels seems slow.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Sorry SSG, I gotta echo the BS call. As a fellow service member, making considerably more base pay than you, having just come off a deployment to FOB Shield, Iraq as well as an active duty spouse adding funds to our pot, there is no way I could afford to own everything you claim to own. Not on military pay alone, with or without the extra cash from deployments.
I would love to see some pictures of your toys all corralled. Especially that black series.

OK, FOR ALL OF THE DOUBTERS...I WILL EXPLAIN THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL, AS I SHOULDNT HAVE TO: HERE GOES

Staff Sergeant - I just have to ask you this now.
$1189 a month for a CLK BS? On what planet is this? The car is 140
(Obviously you were inquiring about a brand new clk63bs, not a used one for 122k, hell you can buy them now in the low 90k's. You might have never heard of Woodside Auto Finance out in California either or have friends who happen to be the MB used car directer who is a retired army soldier. Also if you had a down payment of 30k dollars from your 4th deployment to Iraq to put down then you would be ok.)

The other payments on the other cars dont make much sense either.
(772 a month to MB Financial, and 508 a month to Alphera Financial. I could send you my payment info if you want them??? or you would like to pay my payments)

I dont mean to pry but this whole post begs the questions - U said u were paying half ur salary in cars - ur paying ab $2400 a month in cars so that would mean u make ab $5k a month.

(yes, an E6 in with 8 years of service, plus incidentals, per diem and a 1850 a month housing allowence makes over 5k a month..6460 a month actually, when i deploy i get 250 hazard duty pay, 250 family sep, 200 hostile fire, and its tax free, not to mention my 15k tax free bonus for re-enlisting in a combat zone and an extra 1k a month aip for being deployed over 22 months in a 5 year period. but stateside its 6460 a month..so its close to half my pay)

How in the world can u afford 9 cars, Motorcycles
(well i am 32...been buying cars since i was 16 and working. The accord was a gift from my parents when i was 18, i bought the 1st eclipse and blew a rod so it sits there. the lexus was sold to me for a dollar because i built a custom deck, a driveway and helped put in a pool and the contractor went bankrupt so he sold me the car as payment. the 2nd eclipse i bought with no motor for 2k and the 3rd for 7k, all used and abused gsx's. my first deployment in 2003 before the war started i was in iraq and bought my gsxr750 off of ebay which is the only bike i have for 5200 bucks. i came home from that deployment and soon after went on tour number 2 to afghanistan for 18 months. while there i bought my clk430 off of ebay from a reseller in chicago. came home on leave flew up there and drove it home. was home 2 weeks and back to iraq again. came home on leave and by the end of the tour i bought a clk55 from a dealer in montgomery alabama on autotrader. 508 a month. tour number 4 was soon to follow. i came home on leave and bought a 07c230 from crown in hoover alabama, went back to iraq, came home and traded it in on the c55..772 a month. i waited awhile and liked the clk63bs..but at 138 sticker i wasnt going to do that..until 2 arrived used at my guys dealership along with several new smart cars which were not supposed to be sold there. i drove the grey one but settled for the black clk63bs. my guy got it to me for 122k out the door...hell he took a 7k loss on the c55 deal but seeing as he was a former ranger he looked out for me again. he is an awesome guy. i put down 40k on the car, and financed the 82k plus taxes tag title crap with Woodside Auto Finance, then got a better rate through USAA because i am a soldier and capped at a certain percentage when deployed.)

money no object engine builds and now u want a $300k Lambo??? Plus what Mansion do you keep all 9 cars at?

(the money no object engine build was simply to state that when i return from iraq again after my 5th tour starting in jan 09 i could drop money on the c55 if i wanted to to build an engine, or buy a 2002 LAMBORGHINI MERC THAT SELLS FOR 140K NOT 300K. Same deal with woodside, they want 20 percent down and 1100 a month for 12 years. but i would sell off some of my clunkers. As far as a mansion, well i dont have a home anymore.the x wife got tired of me deploying..and with no wife or kids...my money is my money. i am waiting on this house in tampa to go into forclosure and use my va loan that i have available which i have the money for. the army pays some storage bills for me (2 RV spaces) and my parents are being nice about keeping 4 cars out in the country house in virginia.)

The way i look at it anyone can afford anything they want..you just need a decent income and beacon score to do it, and having friends helps. If you want something so bad, then get it..if it makes you happy. even if you work 2 or 3 jobs to do it..i have done that before. its called sacrafice. some make sacrafices that others dont need to make..some of my men have made that ultimate one...and it could be me next, so i just decided to live my life like i want to and obtain things that do make me happy. i love cars, nothing else. i have no wife, no kids, no family really and not to many friends. thats why i came on here. So i could share my love of these cars with others and contribute to the over all good of this forum. Not be put down or questioned by people. i have what i have because i have sacraficed. 5 and a half years in combat for this country is what i have done, and about to do another year over in hell. I believe i have earned the right to have what i have. I have protected your rights so you can say what you want to whomever you want to. I hope that now this may help shed some light on who i am. Again, i appreciate all of you guys, and i look forward to not only learning from you, but maybe someday contributing to others what i have learned. God Bless you and The United States of America.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
I would install a twin turbo kit.
M113k motor swap is too much work and $$$.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by MarcusF
The problem isn't the engine, it's your perspective. After seat time on your GSXR, EVERYTHING with four wheels seems slow.

BOY, you got that right, my old Gixxer was a rocket (2006) and thats without the new ECM they have on em now where you can adjust output (it works too). All cars seem slow by comparison. I have no fear of even a Desmodeicci on that thing (until I sold it of course).
Old 09-08-2008, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by pshek
I would install a twin turbo kit.
M113k motor swap is too much work and $$$.
But, to get to the power levels he wants, he'd have to reinforce the internals of his engine as well, and lower compression - he couldn't just add twin turbos.

I say swap an SLR motor and tranny into your C55, and add an overboost pulley kit + nitrous. I'm sure the performance would be breathtaking... as would the bill.

Or... sell the CLK 55 and 430 and myriad other junkers (no offense intended). With the proceeds, add a 996 Turbo, Supra, Viper, or new ZR1 to become your "monster-project" car. You could also lightly mod the C55 and/or CLK63BS if you want and it fits your overall budget... but I think you'd be less inclined to do so.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by MarcusF

Cant ride it right now...the gas i left in the tank has eaten the lining? its at the suzuki dealership getting the tank re lined and something done to the injectors..they were clogged. looks like its going to be easier to get new fuel injectors and gas tank.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
Sorry SSG, I gotta echo the BS call. As a fellow service member, making considerably more base pay than you, having just come off a deployment to FOB Shield, Iraq as well as an active duty spouse adding funds to our pot, there is no way I could afford to own everything you claim to own. Not on military pay alone, with or without the extra cash from deployments.
I would love to see some pictures of your toys all corralled. Especially that black series.
i am not going into this again, chair force. i am sure that you have not done over 5 years worth of deployments, got a 15k re-enlistment bonus, along with an original 20k bonus in 2001, and i am an E6..or in your terms TSGT, not an E5. I really dont care if you think this or that, or whatever. i know what i have and i know i am going on tour number 5...thats FIVE Jan 09. My post was for a motor build, that is all. No worries though, i will be visiting the OWT training facility at Camp Shelby MS this month or next month and we can discuss what i have and what i dont have further if you would like. I can only bring the C55 as i am in Alabama right now, and not in Tampa. Again read post #30 and well really, i dont care what you think or what you dont. I am not on here to lie, bragg, or try to impress anyone. Enough Said. "AIM HIGH"

"AIRBORNE RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
Old 09-09-2008, 03:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
I don't know why anyone would come on here either to...
... lie, bragg, or try to impress
Again read post #30
#30 doesn't have a pic of your rides or prove anything either. And you're right, you don't have to prove squat but, there have been a lot of false claims on these boards in the past and people will be skeptical and that's something you have to deal with unless proven. If you're OK with that then so be it. Surely with all the nice cars you have there's a picture of them all together though, no? As an enthusiast, I just want to see your C63 BS. Feel free to do a little bragging with pics. We will all appreciate it.

As for your original question, AMG55SC (I believe that's his screen name at least) has dumped a small fortune into his 55 and claims to have over 700hp. He's learned a lot of lessons the hard way on tuning the 55 and would be a good one to talk to on what has worked, is worth getting, and what to steer clear of. The guy is crazy. He has a supercharged 55 and is talking about TT!

Good luck on your next deployment and stay safe. After having been over there 4 times myself I'm in no hurry to get back. If you're in my neck of the woods by all means let me know. First rounds on me.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
But, to get to the power levels he wants, he'd have to reinforce the internals of his engine as well, and lower compression - he couldn't just add twin turbos.

I say swap an SLR motor and tranny into your C55, and add an overboost pulley kit + nitrous. I'm sure the performance would be breathtaking... as would the bill.

he could do it stock and hit 500whp with a good tune. But it'll eventually go BOOM!..

isn't the slr motor just a revised 5.4L supercharged?

Wouldn't he be better off with the e63 motor since its a 6.2L?
Old 09-09-2008, 03:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
Drop in the

7.3. its still pulling at 205mph
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaqapJK5Efw
And lest you forget it takes more than horsepower to move the earth.600 rwhp requires a whole new suspension set up.Frame stiffening,tubbed wheel wells,a 722.6 that can handle 700ft lbs of torque is about 5grand built.A few simple mods of an 04 SC E55 engine will put you into the 525 plus range,the real issue is getting that to the pavement

Last edited by ohlord; 09-09-2008 at 03:49 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by ohlord
7.3. its still pulling at 205mph
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaqapJK5Efw
And lest you forget it takes more than horsepower to move the earth.600 rwhp requires a whole new suspension set up.Frame stiffening,tubbed wheel wells,a 722.6 that can handle 700ft lbs of torque is about 5grand built.A few simple mods of an 04 SC E55 engine will put you into the 525 plus range,the real issue is getting that to the pavement
haha, cool vid - thanks for sharing

OT - Brabus drops a ton of money into that car, and doesn't bother to fit it with an LSD?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Money No Object Motor Build