C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Handheld tuner Diablosport Predator could be available for SRT/AMG.....

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Srt-6 Crossfire
Handheld tuner Diablosport Predator could be available for SRT/AMG.....

If you want this as bad as I do the manufacturer says he needs more people to express interest in this thread on ther website.
http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...&p=58004#58004
It only takes a few minutes to register and say yes I want this capability. Personally I would love a race or N20 tune to help propell my SRT deep into the 11's. I know the mustang guys have great sucess with these as well as others. Do it now please.

Last edited by SRTpowa; 09-24-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by SRTpowa
If you want this as bad as I due the manufacturer says he needs more people to express interest in this thread on ther website.
http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...&p=58004#58004
It only takes a few minutes to register and say yes I want this capability. Personally I would love a race or N20 tune to help propell my SRT deep into the 11's. I know the mustang guys have great sucess with these as well as others. Do it now please.

Done, NOW someone needs to keep us posted on the cost and availability of the product???
Old 09-23-2008, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
My boss has this system on his mustang.
He had the sniper system but it was a real letdown, so he went with this with a tune from Mustang Specialties in Pompano Beach Florida. He is very happy now
Old 09-23-2008, 07:38 PM

2002 C32 AMG
Good looking out! I let them know I am definitely interested
Old 09-23-2008, 09:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 gone, 06 CLS55, 16 Tesla X
I am really interested in but lazzzy to sign up
Old 09-24-2008, 01:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
registered and subscribed
Old 09-24-2008, 02:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Now, this is COOL!!

http://diablosport.com/index.php?mod...=display&pid=5

DiabloSport DeltaChip
Tuning Module

Features:
Capable of switchingbetween two tunes "on-the-fly"
Never before seen feature of allowing the chip to be turned completely off
For gas engines, you have the option of an 87 octane program and a premium octane program.
Ideal for nitrous, race fuel, street and strip
Standard switch that lets you switch between stock and two performance programs.
Dual horsepower levels for Powerstrokes
For diesel engines, both a 54HP program and a 78HP program.
Many possibilites such as Nitrous Oxide, Performance/Towing combinations, etc.
Optional LED switch that indicates the state of the chip by changing color.
Optional kill switch controlled by a key and lock type switch. When enabled, the vehicle will not start.
Sleek design installs inside the computer
Old 09-24-2008, 01:19 PM

c32
Originally Posted by CLKCLK
+1, when we know how much it would be then itll be a deciding fastor for alot of us, trust me when i say the flying star on the hood triples prices.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:24 PM

1992 Toyota Corolla, 1994 Chevy C1500, 2002 C32, 2012 Prius, 2013 Toyota Sienna
Registered
Old 09-24-2008, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Originally Posted by moosejaw
My boss has this system on his mustang.
He had the sniper system but it was a real letdown, so he went with this with a tune from Mustang Specialties in Pompano Beach Florida. He is very happy now
I should also point out my boss paid less than 500 bucks to have this system installed, his old system retuned and then pulled on a dynojet. Extremely good deal for what they did.

He then complained how expensive it was.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Originally Posted by CLKCLK

Originally Posted by des-sil-amg
+1, when we know how much it would be then itll be a deciding fastor for alot of us, trust me when i say the flying star on the hood triples prices.
Part of the reason why the OP posted the thread in the forum is to garnish more interest in getting Diablosport to make a Predator tune for the C32. That's why theres a list to sign up. If owners don't sign up to petition making a Predator for us, then the likelyhood that Diablosport will make it for us is very low. I talked to a tuning company a few days ago that knows the guys at Diablosport on a personal level. It took them a few years to tune the SRT8s, but the SRT8 market is huge. Basically, it's not a question of cost at this point, but a question of IF and WHEN Diablosport might do it. Cost is irrelevant if Diablosport says it's not worthwhile to do it based on microeconomics.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
FYI: Why a Predator ODBII tune device is worthwhile for Mercedes tuning....

Imagine being able to drive to your local dyno tuning shop and have them baseline dyno a car with A/F ratio. With a Predator, all you have to do is plug it in to a USB->serial connection and have the tuner upload a tune that's written specifically for your car. Take the Predator programmer with the loaded file and connect to the ODBII port and upload to the ECU. Done in 5 minutes. No need to take out the ECU and ship it elsewhere. It's custom dyno tuning made cheap, easy and affordable for the masses. SRT8 guys have been it doing that way and can also change gear ratios, etc.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:26 PM

Srt-6 Crossfire
Need more people on board, please register and tell them you want this. I think the price for these handheld units is usually under $600.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by moosejaw
I should also point out my boss paid less than 500 bucks to have this system installed, his old system retuned and then pulled on a dynojet. Extremely good deal for what they did.

He then complained how expensive it was.
So, what are we looking at price-wise??? $$$$
Old 09-25-2008, 09:16 PM

Srt-6 Crossfire
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
So, what are we looking at price-wise??? $$$$
Not sure on price, but most are under $600 I believe. For those who haven't registerd on the diabllo site, please do so and tell them you want it. You might not want it now but the only way to get them to pursue it is to log on and tell them to make it. We are up to 2 pages now over there, lets make it three.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
For all who didn't know I read LET has put big money into a handheld device that they will loan for purchase of the LET tune preloaded on devise thru the ODBII(maybe they will offer ones for sale) and I heard the flip switch Tune is ready or about ready just requires pricing. Jerry posted about the handheld on another thread...

This is to have capability to use car instead of having it down while ECU is shipped back and forth and possibility to email tunes the same day and not much wait time. Maybe we can buy such devices and have him email the tune............innovative!
Old 09-25-2008, 11:08 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by c32used
For all who didn't know I read LET has put big money into a handheld device that they will loan for purchase of the LET tune preloaded on devise thru the ODBII(maybe they will offer ones for sale) and I heard the flip switch Tune is ready or about ready just requires pricing. Jerry posted about the handheld on another thread...

This is to have capability to use car instead of having it down while ECU is shipped back and forth and possibility to email tunes the same day and not much wait time. Maybe we can buy such devices and have him email the tune............innovative!
Agreed, the small amount of c32 people who who actually purchase this would make it very expensive to develop and produce. Jerry is saying that they will ship a portable programmer already with your tune on it and you tune your car and ship it back. Very nice!
Old 09-26-2008, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Exclamation

Here is post: https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....74&postcount=7

Jerry still waiting on LET stickers in black for the rear back small stationary windows