C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

all of us forum members need your help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 09:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 crossfire w/SL55 drivetrain installed by Rudy Compart Intake/Needswings best et-10.76 @ 129
all of us forum members need your help

A lot of our forum members that would like there car faster needs your help, not money or any thing like that ,just sign up on Diablo's thd. we that want to go to the track once a week and or once a year want Diablo to make a tunning device for us and only you can make it happen, you see the more people that go to their site requesting a tune the more likely they will build a tune for all of us,, so do us all a favor and go to this site and sign up i also posted the thd. to explain the Daiblo tune thanks to all that have and will sign up ,,every day i see close to 100 members at this site come on help us,jim this is posted for the c32 slk 320 and the crossfire
http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...um&f=17&sid=bc 6835171994aefa6e1afe998010711b

http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/...ad.php?t=28135
if you don't find the thd look for,,, futher prospects
when you get to Diablo's site look under crossfire thanks

Last edited by amx1397; 09-25-2008 at 09:49 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:43 AM

2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
I'll visit the site. But dont you have to know what you are doing when you start messing around with tuning your own car? One wrong run with improper A/F ration and bang there goes the motor.

Originally Posted by amx1397
A lot of our forum members that would like there car faster needs your help, not money or any thing like that ,just sign up on Diablo's thd. we that want to go to the track once a week and or once a year want Diablo to make a tunning device for us and only you can make it happen, you see the more people that go to their site requesting a tune the more likely they will build a tune for all of us,, so do us all a favor and go to this site and sign up i also posted the thd. to explain the Daiblo tune thanks to all that have and will sign up ,,every day i see close to 100 members at this site come on help us,jim this is posted for the c32 slk 320 and the crossfire
http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...um&f=17&sid=bc 6835171994aefa6e1afe998010711b

http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/...ad.php?t=28135
if you don't find the thd look for,,, futher prospects
when you get to Diablo's site look under crossfire thanks
Old 09-25-2008, 11:53 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
I agree, I am perfectly fine with my LET tune as they know the car and the products on the car back and forth. Plus, with them coming out with a flip switch tune I don't personally see a need.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by loungn14
I agree, I am perfectly fine with my LET tune as they know the car and the products on the car back and forth. Plus, with them coming out with a flip switch tune I don't personally see a need.
If this was available for our cars, LET could sell them with a tune pre-installed and you could send it back to them for adjustments and EASILY load the program into your car in 5 minutes or less; no more mailing your ECU to them for a tune or touch-up (for those of us not right down the street from them this would be huge).

Come to think of it, Jerry could probably just email you the tune for at home installation.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:31 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by Eleventeen
If this was available for our cars, LET could sell them with a tune pre-installed and you could send it back to them for adjustments and EASILY load the program into your car in 5 minutes or less; no more mailing your ECU to them for a tune or touch-up (for those of us not right down the street from them this would be huge).

Come to think of it, Jerry could probably just email you the tune for at home installation.
They actually have a better plan being put in place for remote tunes without sending in the ecu. I will let jerry chime in on that.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Yeah some of the tuners for MB have lots of time invested into these cars along with lots of R&D. Most C32/C55 guys know were to go when it comes to an ECU tune. Not to mention that 1/2 of this forum section is C55's and that has nothing to do with an SRT-6. C32/Srt-6's would be much better off going with a company that dedicates itself to the the 3.2 SC engine. But if you want me to sign up saying i got a C32 i can do that, more modding choices for all.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:38 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
We just invested another huge chunk of money for our new "self flasher".

We can ship you a handheld OBDII flasher with your tune preloaded and you can flash your own car!

Secondly, I wouldn't make any changes without having the car on the dyno!
Old 09-25-2008, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Exclamation

I almost forgot about the flipswitch....yeah this Diablo product is not as necessary anymore.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry

We can ship you a handheld OBDII flasher with your tune preloaded and you can flash your own car!

Innovation sets many appart but you guys are worlds ahead
Old 09-25-2008, 03:26 PM

Jerry can you please IM me on how this works in more detail? Like how is it done (What do you plug into to download it to the car). Do we use the flasher and then send it back to you? What is the cost of the tune doing it yourself rather than sending the ECU to you?

Thanks

Old 09-25-2008, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by bud4ya
Jerry can you please IM me on how this works in more detail? Like how is it done (What do you plug into to download it to the car). Do we use the flasher and then send it back to you? What is the cost of the tune doing it yourself rather than sending the ECU to you?

Thanks
Gotta be into the OBDII port under the dash... can't imagine any other spot that would make sense...

Jerry - this is a great advancement. Question - would the person buy/keep the flash-loader unit, or would they ship it back to LET after ordering (perhaps a core charge and return situation)? If the former, would future updates be available via download when tunes would be revised, or updated for newly added mods?

TIA - keep up the great stuff for us M112Ker's
Old 09-25-2008, 07:53 PM

My only guess was under the dash also. I have the same questions posted here as well as well as the ones I posted above.

If people could get something that just plugged in and hit download that would be great.

More info please

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Gotta be into the OBDII port under the dash... can't imagine any other spot that would make sense...

Jerry - this is a great advancement. Question - would the person buy/keep the flash-loader unit, or would they ship it back to LET after ordering (perhaps a core charge and return situation)? If the former, would future updates be available via download when tunes would be revised, or updated for newly added mods?

Last edited by bud4ya; 09-25-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by bud4ya
My only guess was under the dash also. I have the same questions posted here as well as well as the ones I posted above.

If people could get something that just plugged in and hit download that would be great.

My info please
+1
Old 09-26-2008, 12:08 AM

03 C32 gone, 06 CLS55, 16 Tesla X

Is it now available? What is the cost?

Thanks
Old 09-26-2008, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by CLKCLK
Is it now available? What is the cost?

Thanks
Old 09-26-2008, 08:54 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM

It is a unit that plugs into OBDII, and you would then walk the menus and tune your own car with the PROVIDED FILE on the unit. This is a great idea as the average person would not know enough/want to start tweaking the individual things on the car. It is a VERY expensive unit, and would need to be returned to LET after finished. I believe he is going to charge a deposit for the unit and return that upon return of the programmer.

Details will follow soon....

Old 09-26-2008, 10:04 AM

Is this something that is already shipping or in the thought process? So basically where is it in the sales cycle? Something like this would be great for say members that are in snow country and drive their cars in the winter. It would be nice to have the flash done and then flash it back to stock for the winter months? the other big thing is not being without your ride of a couple days.

Is the price the same as what it would be to sent in the ECU? I would assume a deposit of the full cost of the unit would be held on each persons card until the unit is returned.

If there is no pricing right now I understand it atleast gives me an idea of how far along this option is.

It is a unit that plugs into OBDII, and you would then walk the menus and tune your own car with the PROVIDED FILE on the unit. This is a great idea as the average person would not know enough/want to start tweaking the individual things on the car. It is a VERY expensive unit, and would need to be returned to LET after finished. I believe he is going to charge a deposit for the unit and return that upon return of the programmer.

Details will follow soon....

Old 09-26-2008, 10:41 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Yes, it is available now.

Our first unit is shipping out today to TVT Design. Anthony has been a good friend and an excellent business partner. I'm looking for him to give us his opinion.

Basically, you would pay a deposit and we would ship this unit to you. Upon arrival, you would flash the preloaded tune (that we make ahead of time) to your car. Once complete, you would ship the unit back and get your deposit back.

OR

We will also have a laptop that can ship with the unit so you can custom tune your car on the dyno! The only thing required is an internet connection a scheduled time to work with us.

We still create the files and do all the tuning, you just flash the car yourself, on your schedule.

You pay for shipping and for custom tuning. Custom tuning rates are $100 per hour (plus staged tune) and generally take about 3 hours. You would also pay the dyno fee's, of course.

This allows you to work with us directly to create the best tune.

Here is a pic.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:34 PM

Good stuff TY. How much for the pre loaded tune that we would just upload from the device to the car?

Our first unit is shipping out today to TVT Design. Anthony has been a good friend and an excellent business partner. I'm looking for him to give us his opinion.

Basically, you would pay a deposit and we would ship this unit to you. Upon arrival, you would flash the preloaded tune (that we make ahead of time) to your car. Once complete, you would ship the unit back and get your deposit back.

OR

We will also have a laptop that can ship with the unit so you can custom tune your car on the dyno! The only thing required is an internet connection a scheduled time to work with us.

We still create the files and do all the tuning, you just flash the car yourself, on your schedule.

You pay for shipping and for custom tuning. Custom tuning rates are $100 per hour (plus staged tune) and generally take about 3 hours. You would also pay the dyno fee's, of course.

Here is a pic.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
That programmer is $$$$
Old 09-26-2008, 06:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Chrysler Crossfire
I'm patiently waiting for that package to arrive.

With the amount of meets and car shows we will be attending, having a fully portable unit will be priceless.

And the fact that you can send a unit to a customer for custom tuning on the dyno means there are going to be a lot more fast M112/M112K cars running around.

This may even boost the value... (wishful thinking)
Old 09-26-2008, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002

OR

Here is a pic.

Nice!
Old 09-27-2008, 12:21 AM

03 C32 gone, 06 CLS55, 16 Tesla X
Well everyone is saying it would cost less, easier etc, which I am seriously curious about but seem not to be able to find the answer how much it will cost for the service (flash the preloaded file) which I believe I am not the only one who have asked this question more than one?

Shipping out the ECU is one of reasons that holds me from upgrade my ECU. I want this! So anyone knows the cost?

Last edited by CLKCLK; 09-27-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:04 AM

I just logged on in hopes there would be a response by now on the price.

Originally Posted by CLKCLK
Well everyone is saying it would cost less, easier etc, which I am seriously curious about but seem not to be able to find the answer how much it will cost for the service (flash the preloaded file) which I believe I am not the only one who have asked this question more than one?

Shipping out the ECU is one of reasons that holds me from upgrade my ECU. I want this! So anyone knows the cost?
Old 09-28-2008, 12:28 PM

Srt-6 Crossfire
The diablo and LET programmer are pretty much the same idea, so I don't understand the animosity. Both of them would have preprogrammed tunes, difference is you would get the keep the diablo yourself and could switch between tunes at the track, i.e. race gas. I am not looking to tune the car myself, but rather get it tuned by a professional such as LET then be able to switch back and forth.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: all of us forum members need your help