***Code Three Performance C32/SRT6 Spearco Intercooler Group Buy***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
Am I understanding from the first post that its BAD to have the CM30 pump with the stock intercooler?? What's this backing up you speak of? Would the stock pump be better then without the upgraded intercooler? I just recently upgraded my pump to the CM30 and don't want to buy this just yet.
I don't think its "bad" to have the CM30 and the stock IC. Its just that the flow is better on the Johnson than the Bosch and there's no advantage to it other than the fact that the damn Bosch ones keep breaking. With the new IC and the Johnson, you'd get more flow and thats a good thing.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
Am I understanding from the first post that its BAD to have the CM30 pump with the stock intercooler?? What's this backing up you speak of? Would the stock pump be better then without the upgraded intercooler? I just recently upgraded my pump to the CM30 and don't want to buy this just yet.
I presume the stock intercooler isn't permitting the CM30 to shine....but I say you are overworking the CM30 with a stock heat exchanger....I say if you get one first the heat exchanger would be my recommendation then the intercooler and I guess all is complete. The stock intercooler could be hindering the flow but if you have an upgraded heat exchanger then atleast the extra fluid is there. I definitely think this mod is a must have eventually.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:56 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by c32used
I presume the stock intercooler isn't permitting the CM30 to shine....but I say you are overworking the CM30 with a stock heat exchanger....I say if you get one first the heat exchanger would be my recommendation then the intercooler and I guess all is complete. The stock intercooler could be hindering the flow but if you have an upgraded heat exchanger then atleast the extra fluid is there. I definitely think this mod is a must have eventually.:y
some faster than others unfortunately.....
Old 10-22-2008, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
[/B]

Look on the bright side Flying Moose, you have 1014 posts!!!
You may have a second career in writing Greeting Cards for Hallamark.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
[QUOTE=moosejaw;3122901]You may have a second career in writing Greeting Cards for Hallamark.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about Hallamark, BUT Hallmark called!!!!
Old 10-22-2008, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by moosejaw
Wish i could purchase this, but i got laid off today........
Tough times, banks aren't lending money, projects arent getting financed, Constructionisnt happening. Moosejaw may have to flip burgers and take the bus....
Sorry to hear that my friend.

Good luck with everything.

See yeah
Old 10-22-2008, 03:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 C32 1987 190E 2.3 334K miles and going
I presume the stock intercooler isn't permitting the CM30 to shine....but I say you are overworking the CM30 with a stock heat exchanger....I say if you get one first the heat exchanger would be my recommendation then the intercooler and I guess all is complete. The stock intercooler could be hindering the flow but if you have an upgraded heat exchanger then atleast the extra fluid is there. I definitely think this mod is a must have eventually.
Under normal/spirited driving (no tracking, no all day drag racing for times), occasional sprints off a red light, or a hot August day in Vegas traffic, would any of these cooling mods make any difference? My impression along is that you will need these cooling mods if you regularly hit the tracks or involved in some scheduled competition.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by 60n5pt1
Under normal/spirited driving (no tracking, no all day drag racing for times), occasional sprints off a red light, or a hot August day in Vegas traffic, would any of these cooling mods make any difference? My impression along is that you will need these cooling mods if you regularly hit the tracks or involved in some scheduled competition.
The c32s are famous for "heat soak", so any one of these mods would be tantamount to better performance simply because the car is running cooler i.e. cooler IAT's etc. I have the same engine as you in my ML 55 and it is not near as sensitive as the C32s are as far as heat is concerned. In hot climes (AZ, So Cal, Floriduh) or even those where summers are hot, the SC IC and an HE mod would make a big difference in daily performance and also those at the drags. I know that my best run last Sat was with a "cool" car that sat over an hour before its first and best run. The times became consistently worse as I made three straight runs off the same lane and traction was about the same as well as the DA's. So, yes, for the C32 guys, cooling mods make a big diff. No one (OK, some do) claims that they increase HP simply by their installation, BUT the claim is that they increase HP because the car runs cooler. Makes sense to me. For a simple example, look at what happens to a C32 or Srt-6 when the stock Bosch IC pump goes south on you. Every guy on the C32 and E55 211 forum claims and believes that the Johnson pump makes a big difference in performance simply because the IATs are lower.

Last edited by Newzchspy; 10-22-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by 60n5pt1
I think if you aren't driving in the passing lane much, occasionally from time to time street racing, tracking car via autox or drag racing or driving car with heavy foot then you don't need any mods but if you do even a little of above then atleast the cooling mods
Old 10-22-2008, 08:17 PM

I think if you aren't driving in the passing lane much, occasionally from time to time street racing, tracking car via autox or drag racing or driving car with heavy foot then you don't need any mods but if you do even a little of above then atleast the cooling mods
One of the main reasons I purchased the C32 is its tremendous power when you need it. And its handsome looks. Power is addicting. So, we all add these mods to satisfy our cravings. Some take it to a higher level and challenge themselves and the car's limits. I'll give the HE some thought but, so far the CM30 is doing a better job.

I don't think my driving style is too spirited but neither am I conservative about it. I like speed! And my teenage kids, too, when they ride with me and feel the surge. Can't wait to install Code3s intake.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
The c32s are famous for "heat soak", so any one of these mods would be tantamount to better performance simply because the car is running cooler i.e. cooler IAT's etc. I have the same engine as you in my ML 55 and it is not near as sensitive as the C32s are as far as heat is concerned. In hot climes (AZ, So Cal, Floriduh) or even those where summers are hot, the SC IC and an HE mod would make a big difference in daily performance and also those at the drags. I know that my best run last Sat was with a "cool" car that sat over an hour before its first and best run. The times became consistently worse as I made three straight runs off the same lane and traction was about the same as well as the DA's. So, yes, for the C32 guys, cooling mods make a big diff. No one (OK, some do) claims that they increase HP simply by their installation, BUT the claim is that they increase HP because the car runs cooler. Makes sense to me. For a simple example, look at what happens to a C32 or Srt-6 when the stock Bosch IC pump goes south on you. Every guy on the C32 and E55 211 forum claims and believes that the Johnson pump makes a big difference in performance simply because the IATs are lower.
Glenn,

Excellent, informative post!

-Aaron
Old 10-22-2008, 10:43 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
I replaced my still working stock IC bosch pump with a ford lighting bosch pump, virtually the same exact pump. Working fine and putting down the numbers. There is no hp increase with cooling mods. You are just maintaining them for a longer period of time. Not needed for drag racing, unless your illegally racing for miles at at time. No one takes trips to mexico here right?
Old 10-22-2008, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by cruzinquick
No one takes trips to mexico here right?
NOPE!
Old 10-22-2008, 11:50 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT-6
That intercooler sure looks nice. Are you gonna include all the necessary gaskets(or at least part #'s for them) to do the install. I know the new I/C doesn't need any but I'm gonna guess that some will be needed when removing the S/C???
Old 10-22-2008, 11:54 PM

No one takes trips to mexico here right?:zoom:[/QUOTE]

The way you guys have fun, you ought to try the Rosarito-Ensanada Scenic Highway. Endless WOT. We're talking Mexican Autobahn. although I didn't see any federales bears, they are there.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
I have been trying to get the HE but stuck waiting on C3P to get more in stock. LET had some but put things on hold while they work out the change over.
As for the pump and backup, based on the first post it doesnt matter if we have a bigger HE or not. The intercooler is chocking the flow and causing the backup or at the very least more pressure in the system. The HE will help with cooling and overall volume, but shouldn't effect the flow, which seems to be the problem Aaron was eluding too.
Either way a good mod down the road. I just want to make sure I'm not (along with many of us running the CM30 and stock or aftermarket HE) doing any damage now as-is. I wouldn't think so or we would have/should have heard about this before now. Although Frank just blew his CM30....

Last edited by SilverBulletAMG; 10-23-2008 at 12:49 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:03 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by moparrbust
That intercooler sure looks nice. Are you gonna include all the necessary gaskets(or at least part #'s for them) to do the install. I know the new I/C doesn't need any but I'm gonna guess that some will be needed when removing the S/C???
there is actually a "o" ring cut into the unit that will seal perfectly without the need for a gasket. Engineering at its finest....
Old 10-23-2008, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by moparrbust
+1, how about the gaskets etc since the old ones will be toast when we remove them????
Old 11-10-2008, 11:34 PM

2002 C32 AMG
Any word on the ship date for the first five? I remember it was originally supposed to be 10/31, but I haven't seen it yet (please tell me it didn't get lost in shipping).
Old 11-10-2008, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
i believe they shipped out on thursday ups ground. I got mine on friday being in california. Since your in NJ, you'll probably get yours wednesday.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 Designo 030
Eleventeen - I talked to Brandon this morning and the units are shipping (hopefully) by the end of the week. His going to pick them up either tomorrow or Thursday and then ship them out to us.

TemjinX2 - I think you got confused with the heat exchangers. Eleventeen was asking about the Intercoolers.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ///AMG4EVER
Eleventeen - I talked to Brandon this morning and the units are shipping (hopefully) by the end of the week. His going to pick them up either tomorrow or Thursday and then ship them out to us.

TemjinX2 - I think you got confused with the heat exchangers. Eleventeen was asking about the Intercoolers.
ah got it...thanks for clearing that up.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
I know it's offtopic but this is where I started this
I got a job today, cant buy the intercooler now, but next year fo' show.
Glad 2 know i can get a job in this economy
Old 11-11-2008, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i just got off the phone with brandon from code3 awhile back. Really nice guy, and he has a lot of exciting stuff coming out.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by moosejaw
I know it's offtopic but this is where I started this
I got a job today, cant buy the intercooler now, but next year fo' show.
Glad 2 know i can get a job in this economy
That's great news! Congrats on the new job. I can't imagine what a relief that must be for you and your family...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***Code Three Performance C32/SRT6 Spearco Intercooler Group Buy***