C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

***Code Three Performance C32/SRT6 Spearco Intercooler Group Buy***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crossfire SRT-6
I have not had one reply to my PM I sent on Sat. I have not had any replies to either of my two emails, and I still have not recieved a complete order.

I felt I have been very fair with my request, and respecful in my replies.

For a vendor to take the kind of money they do (from multiple customers) and NOT keep in contact is complete BS.

For a vendor to use this forum and threads to promote their products, promote sales to take money from customers it should be their job to check this thread/forum/pm/emails daily and reply to those questions at hand.

I know there are others who have been waiting as long or longer than I have.

Its a shame too, because they seem to have some very nice parts and very nice ideas.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by loungn14
Unfortuantely I have already started that route. If I don't hear anything from the code-.025 boys by monday, I am going to request a refund and get the car back up and running.

Having issues with delivery and vendors is one thing, but ignoring emails/pm/calls etc is another.

Sorry that this is happening to you...you are still the fastest
Old 12-11-2008, 12:39 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by c32used
thanks for that vic....always brings a smile....but then again its hard to be the fastest when the cars not running....
Old 12-11-2008, 01:12 PM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
SL65 R230
Originally Posted by ACRucrazy

For a vendor to take the kind of money they do (from multiple customers) and NOT keep in contact is complete BS.

For a vendor to use this forum and threads to promote their products, promote sales to take money from customers it should be their job to check this thread/forum/pm/emails daily and reply to those questions at hand.
Well said...And how will the "off" welded fittings eliminate the bottleneck in the Intercooler??? My biggest fear is, that I work for hours and hours on my car, take off the supercharger, intake and all the things and in the end my IATs will be higher than with the old stock Intercooler?? I'm really frustrated now. This can't be true...Please give us info that the Quality problems are under control now.

CODE3,Aaron or Brandon, PLEASE CHECK THE QUALITY BEFORE SHIP THE SPEARCO-IC OUT!!
Old 12-11-2008, 01:50 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by AMG-Driver
Well said...And how will the "off" welded fittings eliminate the bottleneck in the Intercooler??? My biggest fear is, that I work for hours and hours on my car, take off the supercharger, intake and all the things and in the end my IATs will be higher than with the old stock Intercooler?? I'm really frustrated now. This can't be true...Please give us info that the Quality problems are under control now.

CODE3,Aaron or Brandon, PLEASE CHECK THE QUALITY BEFORE SHIPPING THE SPEARCO-IC OUT!!
your assuming a lot here.....
Old 12-11-2008, 02:53 PM

Crossfire SRT-6

CODE3,Aaron or Brandon, PLEASE CHECK THE QUALITY BEFORE SHIP THE SPEARCO-IC OUT!!
As I mentioned in my message to C3 on Sat I will not be using this intercooler as is. The fittings are off and WILL be a blockage in the flow.

Also as the original post states, along with their website, that they are using Spearco liquid to air cores, the cores used are actually 2 air to air cores welded "stacked" front to back.

All in all, I received a product that was different than advertised and one that in its current state is not usable.

I have yet to receive the rest of my order.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
That's what she said.... (sorry, left that one wide open)
Old 12-11-2008, 03:31 PM

SL65 R230

Also as the original post states, along with their website, that they are using Spearco liquid to air cores, the cores used are actually 2 air to air cores welded "stacked" front to back.

All in all, I received a product that was different than advertised and one that in its current state is not usable.
CODE3, Please tell me that is not true and you will help us !!! I am frustrated... Where is your customer service to help us out ???
Old 12-11-2008, 06:04 PM

SL65 R230
Forgot to mention it :

To outperform the Garrett-Stock IC you have to use EVERY LITTLE DETAIL like the best Liquid-Air Core, no flow blocking parts, correct weldings etc.

Garrett also knows how to build an IC!!

The only way to build a IC which lowers IATs more than the Garrett, is to use only the best parts with the best Build-Quality. Like the one which is on your Homepage. This is what we paid for.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:04 PM
SPONSOR

CODE3, Please tell me that is not true and you will help us !!! I am frustrated... Where is your customer service to help us out ???

+1
Old 12-12-2008, 03:49 PM

Crossfire SRT-6
Exclamation

Code 3
Six weeks ago I placed an order for a Spearco IC, Johnson Pump and Supercharger pulley for my Crossfire SRT-6.

I have sent 2 emails in the past regarding my order with no reply. I finally received the Intercooler and it arrived differently than described on the website and on the MBworld.org forum. I am not happy with the product for several reasons.

- The SC flange was not machined for an o-ring like described.
- The IC core used was not a liquid to air core like described, rather 2 air to air cores welded in place
- The "fittings" for the coolant lines are welded "off" blocking flow, into and out of the intercooler.

Beyond that I have still not received my complete order. (like mentioned in my emails, PM, and this very thread)

At this time I am requesting a refund on the product not received, along with some sort of resolution to the several issues with the intercooler.

Communication has been very poor and that is the biggest problem of all.
I sent a PM on MBworld last saturday, the 6th when I received the defective intercooler, I have yet to get a reply.

I expect a reply promptly and a resolution to follow shortly after.

Thank you

Last edited by ACRucrazy; 12-12-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by loungn14
Glenn....can you verify yours?

Same here!! What gives????
Old 12-12-2008, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID

and I am right behind him
Old 12-12-2008, 05:20 PM

Crossfire SRT-6
so sad.

Its obvious they've seen your messages. They would have to fall off the face of the earth to have missed them.

So the lack of response pretty much says they have no idea what to do next and don't plan on giving refunds.

Did you pay with an AMEX by chance?

I'm not against Code3/LET, they seem like they try hard to design new products, but business and business and you need to start pursuing the next options.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:33 PM

Crossfire SRT-6
I paid with a credit card and will be filing a disupute if I dont get a resolution soon.

There are other concerns with this intercooler I have that I mentioned in my PM to code3 last saturday, among other design issues I wanted to talk about.

However with no replies from them that is rather hard.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:32 PM
SPONSOR

I paid with a credit card and will be filing a disupute if I dont get a resolution soon.

There are other concerns with this intercooler I have that I mentioned in my PM to code3 last saturday, among other design issues I wanted to talk about.

However with no replies from them that is rather hard.
I paid with paypal, and just filed a dispute for item not received. I am going to go the stock route.

sad day
Old 12-12-2008, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Code 3
Six weeks ago I placed an order for a Spearco IC, Johnson Pump and Supercharger pulley for my Crossfire SRT-6.

I have sent 2 emails in the past regarding my order with no reply. I finally received the Intercooler and it arrived differently than described on the website and on the MBworld.org forum. I am not happy with the product for several reasons.

- The SC flange was not machined for an o-ring like described.
- The IC core used was not a liquid to air core like described, rather 2 air to air cores welded in place
- The "fittings" for the coolant lines are welded "off" blocking flow, into and out of the intercooler.

Beyond that I have still not received my complete order. (like mentioned in my emails, PM, and this very thread)

At this time I am requesting a refund on the product not received, along with some sort of resolution to the several issues with the intercooler.

Communication has been very poor and that is the biggest problem of all.
I sent a PM on MBworld last saturday, the 6th when I received the defective intercooler, I have yet to get a reply.

I expect a reply promptly and a resolution to follow shortly after.

Thank you
If you could post better pics of the flange, core, and fittings, that would be good. I'm not really understanding what kind of core they put in.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:17 AM

SL65 R230
Code 3, because of lack of communication I decide the following:

I will only accept an Intercooler such as described and advertised:

- With Liquid to Air Core!! (a must)
- Correct water fittings without blocked flow!! (a must)
- O-ring flange

Good overall build-Quality with markable better IAT-Cooling than the Stock Garrett-IC. I have done tons of IAT-Dataloggs with my Stock-IC, so I will check the results, and I will post them here on MB-World. So everyone can make himself a picture of the Quality of the C3-Spearco-Intercooler.

If the C3-Intercooler comes not as advertised, be sure I will send it back and I will mandate my Lawyer to get a Refund.

Sorry. Its in your hands...
Old 12-13-2008, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
This thread didn’t evolve quite how I’d hoped and anticipated.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by splinter
This thread didn’t evolve quite how I’d hoped and anticipated.

+1, how do you think Carlos, Glenn and Jake feel??? We already have our units!! *thankfully, I did not install mine because the cars been in garage for almost two months due to ice/snow and salt on roads!!
Old 12-13-2008, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Real dissapointing
Old 12-14-2008, 05:07 AM

My intercooler is leaking very very bad, I have been in contact with c3 trying to buy an intercooler from them. As bad as I want my car to work , I am very interested in waiting for c3's response before I proceed with my order. Very interesting info to see, especially because I almost ordered the ic from them an hour ago but I was to lazy to get my wallet from my car.

Please keep us posted
Old 12-14-2008, 08:38 PM

still no reply???
Old 12-14-2008, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by N.M.M.
still no reply???
Most of these guys have been waiting WEEKS for a reply. You waited 3 hours between your posts. Don't seem so surprised at the lack of response.

This whole thing makes no sense. There must be something seriously wrong with the C3P guys to have just dropped off the map entirely. Has anyone tried to call them? I have Aarons number somewhere if nobody has tried him yet.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:24 AM

Crossfire SRT-6
Still no reply to my PM, 3rd email, or the several other comments made by myself and others in this thread.

BTW, they HAVE been checking the forum, from atleast 12/9 to 12/12.

Last Activity: 12-12-2008 08:55 PM

Last edited by ACRucrazy; 12-15-2008 at 12:27 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***Code Three Performance C32/SRT6 Spearco Intercooler Group Buy***