***Code Three Performance C32/SRT6 Spearco Intercooler Group Buy***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 12-16-2008, 09:59 PM

Volvo
Not to go offtopic... I have a Bosch OEM pump and stock intercooler both working.. Pump was replaced 10k ago intercooloer is fine. I had them replaced by the Code 3 Heat Exchanger and Johnson Pump. PM me if intrested
Old 12-16-2008, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Originally Posted by OverDrive
Not to go offtopic... I have a Bosch OEM pump and stock intercooler both working.. Pump was replaced 10k ago intercooloer is fine. I had them replaced by the Code 3 Heat Exchanger and Johnson Pump. PM me if intrested
So you have a stock intercooler for sale or a stock Heat Exchanger?
Old 12-16-2008, 10:31 PM

Volvo
The stock heat exchanger (The one below the bumper) yes its for sale along with the stock pump... Nothing wrong with eather, I just installed the new exchanger and pump two weeks ago

Last edited by OverDrive; 12-16-2008 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Originally Posted by OverDrive
The stock heat exchanger (The one below the bumper) yes its for sale along with the stock pump... Nothing wrong with eather, I just installed the new exchanger and pump two weeks ago
OK, just checking. Cause most people in this thread would probably jump on it if you had an OEM non-leaking intercooler for sale.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:20 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
1990 300ce supercharged and intercooled
I was curious if those of you that have had problems with the intercooler leaking are running the stock water circuit or are you running the washer reservoir set up like evosport was pushing? I just ask because alcohol is a corrosive to aluminum and coolant has anti corrosion additives.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:09 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by whipplem104
I was curious if those of you that have had problems with the intercooler leaking are running the stock water circuit or are you running the washer reservoir set up like evosport was pushing? I just ask because alcohol is a corrosive to aluminum and coolant has anti corrosion additives.
im running the stock
Old 12-17-2008, 05:16 PM

Crossfire SRT-6
This is a pathetic response from Code 3.

VERY pathetic. If something doesnt change IMO they should be removed from the forum sponsor list and a sticky made why they were removed.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ACRucrazy
This is a pathetic response from Code 3.

VERY pathetic. If something doesnt change IMO they should be removed from the forum sponsor list and a sticky made why they were removed.
Just be patient. The same thing happened when they released their SC pulley, so I don't see why you're surprised. They'll eventually come back with a revised product, apologies, and some lame excuses.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by indyjoe
Just be patient. The same thing happened when they released their SC pulley, so I don't see why you're surprised. They'll eventually come back with a revised product, apologies, and some lame excuses.
SC Pulley wasn't this long with no response though. They kept people in the loop during that process somewhat. Plus people hadn't already paid for the SC Pulley under the impression it was in the mail.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
SC Pulley wasn't this long with no response though. They kept people in the loop during that process somewhat. Plus people hadn't already paid for the SC Pulley under the impression it was in the mail.
I think some people had products ordered that were delayed for some time (to the point that some questioned if they had gone out of business).
Old 12-18-2008, 11:10 AM

Crossfire SRT-6
The way this is being handled is asinine. Pathetic. This was the first time I have ordered from code 3. After spending 10 years dealing with ****ty "vendors" in the neon community it was the last thing I expected from a vendor for vehicles such as these.

I am at a loss for words.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:43 PM

Crossfire SRT-6
wow its been several days since I checked this thread so I figured I'd come here and be able to read about a resolution. Sadly, not a chance. Still a mess.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:00 PM

srt 6 chrysler crossfire
Originally Posted by ACRucrazy
The way this is being handled is asinine. Pathetic. This was the first time I have ordered from code 3. After spending 10 years dealing with ****ty "vendors" in the neon community it was the last thing I expected from a vendor for vehicles such as these.

I am at a loss for words.
I feel your pain and will never be doing business with C3 after your experience.

Unless of coarse something terrible has happened to Brandon. Regardless, of how great their products may be the lack of customer support or any form a resolution is bad business all around.

Seriously it takes less then 5 min to reply, the worst part about this, from a business prospective THIS COULD HAVE ALL BEEN SOLVED BEHIND "close doors," C3's name could have been saved, and the problems could have been fixed (through refund or fixing the mistakes in the product).

Last edited by SRT6; 12-19-2008 at 03:08 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:31 PM

07 E550, 02 C32, 91 300E
Not sure if it is too late but you guys should file credit card disputes. This sounds like such vaporware.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
It is discouraging how Brandon Smith’s Code Three Performance permitted this intercooler group buy thread to deteriorate such as it has. Not long after my intercooler failed, he and I spoke about, among other topics, his new aftermarket core that he was to be releasing shortly thereafter. As a suitable original equipment replacement had been sourced during the interim, I politely declined his offer.

C3P’s anti-roll bar links that have been installed on mine are performing as advertised. With its H&R and Koni combination, a minor revision from their original configuration was required. To his credit, he promptly shipped a pair of suitable replacements. Although his business was still in its infancy and much of his hardware was still undergoing research, development, and field testing, my previous posts during that timeframe will reflect a generally favorable view of his efforts. He and I communicated regularly via e-mail. All such messages have been securely stored, should they perhaps be needed for future reference. Nonetheless, I did feel it appropriate to spread the wealth and therefore purchased exhaust manifolds, an ODPS, a heat exchanger, and other hardware from alternative forum sponsors.

While it is commendable that some believe and practice, as do I, that a man should be given the benefit of the doubt when circumstances permit doing so, nothing has “happened” to Brandon or Aaron that would have precluded their participation on behalf of this thread’s victims and their legitimate concerns. Earlier this month, they were able to install their heat exchanger on a customer’s E55…https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ml#post3224449 not far from here. Two days ago, Brandon was healthy enough to personally respond to another member’s inquiry.

As a self-employed businessman, I know firsthand how difficult and challenging managing a profitable concern can be at times. Problems arise, suppliers seem unable to adhere to formerly agreed-upon schedules, and workmanship from the subcontractors’ minions is all too frequently shoddy. Any such trivialities – from the customer’s perspective - are never offered as an excuse when my name and its goodwill may rightly be called in to disrepute. They are able to reach me at almost any time, or can expect a return call with possible resolutions no later than 24 hours after initially voicing their dissatisfaction.

Doing so has thus far served me reasonably well. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for the OP.

John Goodlad
Hermosa Beach, CA
Old 12-20-2008, 12:32 AM

Crossfire SRT-6
I dont know whats worse, a nigerian mail scam preying on random idiots or a products scam preying a trusting and passionate group of car hobbyists. This actually rates pretty darn low.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by splinter
It is discouraging how Brandon Smith’s Code Three Performance permitted this intercooler group buy thread to deteriorate such as it has. Not long after my intercooler failed, he and I spoke about, among other topics, his new aftermarket core that he was to be releasing shortly thereafter. As a suitable original equipment replacement had been sourced during the interim, I politely declined his offer.

C3P’s anti-roll bar links that have been installed on mine are performing as advertised. With its H&R and Koni combination, a minor revision from their original configuration was required. To his credit, he promptly shipped a pair of suitable replacements. Although his business was still in its infancy and much of his hardware was still undergoing research, development, and field testing, my previous posts during that timeframe will reflect a generally favorable view of his efforts. He and I communicated regularly via e-mail. All such messages have been securely stored, should they perhaps be needed for future reference. Nonetheless, I did feel it appropriate to spread the wealth and therefore purchased exhaust manifolds, an ODPS, a heat exchanger, and other hardware from alternative forum sponsors.

While it is commendable that some believe and practice, as do I, that a man should be given the benefit of the doubt when circumstances permit doing so, nothing has “happened” to Brandon or Aaron that would have precluded their participation on behalf of this thread’s victims and their legitimate concerns. Earlier this month, they were able to install their heat exchanger on a customer’s E55…https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ml#post3224449 not far from here. Two days ago, Brandon was healthy enough to personally respond to another member’s inquiry.

As a self-employed businessman, I know firsthand how difficult and challenging managing a profitable concern can be at times. Problems arise, suppliers seem unable to adhere to formerly agreed-upon schedules, and workmanship from the subcontractors’ minions is all too frequently shoddy. Any such trivialities – from the customer’s perspective - are never offered as an excuse when my name and its goodwill may rightly be called in to disrepute. They are able to reach me at almost any time, or can expect a return call with possible resolutions no later than 24 hours after initially voicing their dissatisfaction.

Doing so has thus far served me reasonably well. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for the OP.

John Goodlad
Hermosa Beach, CA
As always, spot on post in the most eloquent manner. You write like a poetic law professor. Top notch.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by ohnoesaz
I dont know whats worse, a nigerian mail scam preying on random idiots or a products scam preying a trusting and passionate group of car hobbyists. This actually rates pretty darn low.
I will say this for C3P, I would never suspect them of a "scam" per se. There is no excuse for them going this long without some explanation. However, I don't see any reason to believe this is a scam.
My bet is that its yet another delay due to the fabricators and they know we're sick of hearing that as an excuse, even if it is the reason. I think the fabricators screwed C3P as they were caught counting their chickens before they hatched.
I'm placing my bets now on the assumption we will eventually get an explanation.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:39 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
to what John said.

btw, for those with the intercooler leaking where can you inspect it for leaks?
Old 12-20-2008, 01:40 AM

07 E550, 02 C32, 91 300E
Frankly if I've learned anything from this, I'll probably never order an item from a small vendor that is back ordered or isn't completed yet.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Originally Posted by FrankW
to what John said.

btw, for those with the intercooler leaking where can you inspect it for leaks?
Frank,

You can take off the intake manifolds and the y pipe. Another way to tell if there's an intercooler leak is if you look for water vapor in the exhaust, at least that's what I saw when I looked at a Kleeman CLK55 with a leaking core.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
spot on post like usual john.

I've shared similar frustration with there delays on the heat exchanger, but once you do get the products. From my personal experience the quality is excellent from a craftmanship and performance point of view.

They did say they were looking for new fabricators back at sema. I've spoken to brandon on the phone and aaron over email and both seem like good guys. I agree that paying customers shouldn't have to wait this long for product...i only hope it can be resolved for all the pay customers. Hopefully brandon or aaron can chime in soon.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:33 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by pshek
Frank,

You can take off the intake manifolds and the y pipe. Another way to tell if there's an intercooler leak is if you look for water vapor in the exhaust, at least that's what I saw when I looked at a Kleeman CLK55 with a leaking core.
Spot on. I had actually done the oil drain mod that adds a catch from the supercharger and intake, and shes filled with coolent.

On the back firewall by the plenums, you can see the spray of the coolent as well. It dries as a white/yellow powder.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:25 PM

Crossfire SRT-6
Originally Posted by DarkXerox
Frankly if I've learned anything from this, I'll probably never order an item from a small vendor that is back ordered or isn't completed yet.
So what about the Johnson pump that states "in stock" on their website?

I still have not received that, and since have ordered and received from somewhere else. I have asked for a refund, like C3 fashion, no reply.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***Code Three Performance C32/SRT6 Spearco Intercooler Group Buy***