C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

New car ideas......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 E550, 02 C32, 91 300E
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
make sure its a new one I think the older ones had crappy gearboxes.Topgear told me that.
The new Granturismo (non-S) has an automatic and it is mechanically a two door quattroporte. Everything I hear is that it drives like a boat. But it is absolutely gorgeous.

However I was talking about the post 05 Gransports which don't have the transaxle problems that the normal coupes did. But as with any SMG, the clutch plates do not last very long (20-30k miles) and cost ~$3k to replace. So if you get one, make sure it was replaced recently.

Temjin: I've never heard of any car, short of an F1 car or Carerra GT that requires a post-track $2k checkup, not including consumables. On nagtroc.org, people are saying those $4k tires are only lasting 1 day, even in autocross situations. Even people I know that track Ferrari's (post 2003) aren't dealing with these levels of costs. And I was wrong about the brake service, it really is $5k: http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....dpost&p=345463
Guess a lot of GTR owners will be switching to ceramic rotors pretty soon cause of this.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
Originally Posted by DarkXerox
The new Granturismo (non-S) has an automatic and it is mechanically a two door quattroporte. Everything I hear is that it drives like a boat. But it is absolutely gorgeous.

However I was talking about the post 05 Gransports which don't have the transaxle problems that the normal coupes did. But as with any SMG, the clutch plates do not last very long (20-30k miles) and cost ~$3k to replace. So if you get one, make sure it was replaced recently.

Temjin: I've never heard of any car, short of an F1 car or Carerra GT that requires a post-track $2k checkup, not including consumables. On nagtroc.org, people are saying those $4k tires are only lasting 1 day, even in autocross situations. Even people I know that track Ferrari's (post 2003) aren't dealing with these levels of costs. And I was wrong about the brake service, it really is $5k: http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....dpost&p=345463
Guess a lot of GTR owners will be switching to ceramic rotors pretty soon cause of this.
there getting a supercar for 1/2 to 1/3 the price of a supercar in the same performance level up front. If they can't afford the maintence, why did they buy the car in the first place?

they should've done there research before they bought the car. There buying a car that had a nurburg ring time of 7:29, do they honestly expect there maintence to be the same a nissan sentra? Come on, just sounds like whining to me, or they didn't do there research before hand.

No one said they had to spend $4k a on tires, they can use other brand of tires other then the stock ones. Tirerack shows gtr tires around $400 each, which is within line of what we spend on our tires.

Wouldn't you rather spend $70k for the car and spend the $4k on maintence once in awhile, given most people that buy these cars do not use them as daily drivers? Or spend $126k up front with a 911 turbo and pay $2k in maintence?

The gtr was suppose to come with ceramic rotors, but they decided not to keep costs down on the initial sticker. Ghosen stated before the car was even produced that the car couldn't be more then $70k msrp.

The spec v will probably have the ceremics, carbonfiber and other additions, but thats set to be $100-120k.

The gtr is a lot of performance for the money you spend, but i understand if it doesn't appeal to everyone. It made porsche finally wake up and notice there cars are over price for what they are.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:21 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
get to know some JDM shops and I doubt the maintenance will be $4k each time.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
911 TT All The way. That car has everything from class, sporty, handles fast the list goes on.

Please post pics of what you decide on.

I have about 40K to play with for a used car and my wife looks at me like It is hard to say when you have that sum of cash for a car in this economy you can get a boat load of things.

Originally Posted by rploaded
Hmmm new Z06.... I had one in 2002 it was fun but the interiors leave much to be desired.

Lamborghini Gallardo - I wonder what the costs in terms of maintenance would be? This would be a fun car....

GTR - Not really into the Japanese cars very much. I also find this car to touch on the heart strings of style at all. No offense to current owners, nice car just not for me.

CLK62 black series......... Now that would be a fun one..... I have not seen one in the price range...

Keep the ideas coming...

I would like to be able to drive it as a daily driver if I so choose. So I am not sure if newer lambos and ferraris can do this.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
Here you go I just saved you 40K

http://www.paulscarcare.com/pcc.nsf/...2574DA0053ED0E

It is getting to be winter here so I am sure they would move on the price. This is a Highline shop that sells cars for higher end clients. I have bought a couple cars from these guys and they are top noth.

Originally Posted by bud4ya
911 TT All The way. That car has everything from class, sporty, handles fast the list goes on.

Please post pics of what you decide on.

I have about 40K to play with for a used car and my wife looks at me like It is hard to say when you have that sum of cash for a car in this economy you can get a boat load of things.