C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Code3 Intake Filter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2008 | 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Code3 Intake Filter

Just took my Code3 Intake filter off and noticed it was a bit dirty. Anyone know the best way to clean it? I have my K&N kit but for some reason I don't think I should use it on the C3 intake filter. Suggestions or thoughts?
Old 12-03-2008 | 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Should be able to do it the same as cleaning K&Ns or Greenies. Email Brandon and he could tell you pretty quickly.
Old 12-03-2008 | 07:05 PM

2002 C32 1987 190E 2.3 334K miles and going
Originally Posted by jturkel
Just took my Code3 Intake filter off and noticed it was a bit dirty. Anyone know the best way to clean it? I have my K&N kit but for some reason I don't think I should use it on the C3 intake filter. Suggestions or thoughts?

How long has it been before you took the filter off?
I've used a 1 part 4 part Simple Green on my air filters to clean.
Does the job. It should also work on the air intake.

It's all about proper rinsing.

Perhaps a light spray of oil (K&N or Greens) over the C3 air intake wouldn't hurt.
Old 12-03-2008 | 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
oooo....i'd say since early september. i also drive without my weatherstripping on that lines the top of the firewall so it is louder so that may have something to do with it.

Thanks for the response!

Originally Posted by 60n5pt1
How long has it been before you took the filter off?
Does the job. It should also work on the air intake.

It's all about proper rinsing.

Perhaps a light spray of oil (K&N or Greens) over the C3 air intake wouldn't hurt.
Old 12-03-2008 | 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
wait, 1 part water 4 part simple green? or other way around? just soak it with it, wash it off with water, let it dry, and reoil?
Old 12-03-2008 | 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
wait, 1 part water 4 part simple green? or other way around? just soak it with it, wash it off with water, let it dry, and reoil?
Other way around. The rest you got right.
Old 12-04-2008 | 03:17 PM

2002 C32 1987 190E 2.3 334K miles and going
oooo....i'd say since early september. i also drive without my weatherstripping on that lines the top of the firewall so it is louder so that may have something to do with it.

Thanks for the response!
I installed mine mid-October but left the weather strip intact. From the inside cabin, you can hear the whistle from the intake. I can imagine how much louder it would be if one cuts a two foot section of the weather strip just where the intake is located. I don't know how discernable it would be from the outside. Code3 says it's okay to do that and that the intake should stay dry during rain.

BTW, it's 4 parts water, 1 part Simple Green. That stuff is pretty strong just by itself without diluting it.
Old 12-04-2008 | 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
I installed mine mid-October but left the weather strip intact. From the inside cabin, you can hear the whistle from the intake. I can imagine how much louder it would be if one cuts a two foot section of the weather strip just where the intake is located. I don't know how discernable it would be from the outside. Code3 says it's okay to do that and that the intake should stay dry during rain.

BTW, it's 4 parts water, 1 part Simple Green. That stuff is pretty strong just by itself without diluting it.
i actually didnt cut it. it peels right off. it goes the entire stretch of the fire wall area (from the batter on the left side to above the fuse box on the right) and is attached by two little plastic/rubber clips. it actually is significantly louder (esp with the pulley). i caught A LOT of attention when pushing on the gas and engaging boost. it is almost cobra loud (as I have been told). it doesnt require cutting, comes right off. i recommend it if you dont mind a loud blower like me!

have you checked the filter? it might be a bit dirty. it takes two seconds to check so its worth just looking at it.
Old 12-04-2008 | 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG

have you checked the filter? it might be a bit dirty. it takes two seconds to check so its worth just looking at it.
2 seconds to check and an hour to pull the dang thing. It was more of a PITA than I anticipated when I installed it. That bottom clip in the back was a royal pain. I can see why so many people have broken clips.
I'm going to pull my weather strip off now and go for a quick spin and see how much of a difference it makes. I could handle a bit more whine when gettin on her.
Old 12-04-2008 | 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
2 seconds to check and an hour to pull the dang thing. It was more of a PITA than I anticipated when I installed it. That bottom clip in the back was a royal pain. I can see why so many people have broken clips.
I'm going to pull my weather strip off now and go for a quick spin and see how much of a difference it makes. I could handle a bit more whine when gettin on her.
yah if you thought that clips on the stock splitter were bad, man it was touch putting in the sl55 intake splitter.

let us know what you think of the sound after you take 'er for a spin
Old 12-04-2008 | 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG

let us know what you think of the sound after you take 'er for a spin
Just got back (ticket free I might add ) and all I can say is....SWEET! May be too loud for some but, wow, I'm sold. To my own amazement, that little spin was the first time I had pinned it from a dead stop with ESP "off" since installing the pulley and C3P intake. Floored it, sat and spun, car quickly shifted to second freaking out while still nearly sitting still. Once she got rolling though, triple digits came amazingly quick. I need to take joy rides more often. Not sure the wife agrees however....
Everyone with a C3P intake should try this.

Last edited by SilverBulletAMG; 12-04-2008 at 10:22 PM.
Old 12-04-2008 | 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
Just got back (ticket free I might add ) and all I can say is....SWEET! May be too loud for some but, wow, I'm sold. To my own amazement, that little spin was the first time I had pinned it from a dead stop with ESP "off" since installing the pulley and C3P intake. Floored it, sat and spun, car quickly shifted to second freaking out while still nearly sitting still. Once she got rolling though, triple digits came amazingly quick. I need to take joy rides mores more often. Not sure the wife agrees however....
Everyone with a C3P intake should try this.
haha glad you like it! i have been trying to convince members to try it since i found out about it! the sound is addicting!
Old 12-05-2008 | 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Old 12-05-2008 | 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 C32, 2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2007 Harley NightRod, 2013 Harley Road Glide Custom
I see Code3 has replacement filters on their site, (at least the last time I visited their site) if you ever want to replace them.
Old 12-05-2008 | 08:36 PM

07 E550, 02 C32, 91 300E
i actually didnt cut it. it peels right off. it goes the entire stretch of the fire wall area (from the batter on the left side to above the fuse box on the right) and is attached by two little plastic/rubber clips. it actually is significantly louder (esp with the pulley). i caught A LOT of attention when pushing on the gas and engaging boost. it is almost cobra loud (as I have been told). it doesnt require cutting, comes right off. i recommend it if you dont mind a loud blower like me!

Can the strip get put back on later? Or is it an adhesive thing?
Old 12-05-2008 | 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by DarkXerox
Can the strip get put back on later? Or is it an adhesive thing?
yes it can go back on later. it just peels off. no adhesive. the bottom of the weather stripping has a groove that lines up with some plastic piece that lines the top of the firewall from the passenger side (by the battery) the driver side (by the fuse box) and is just held in by two rubbery clips. i STRONGLY recommend trying it for sound and feel. i really like it.