C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

About extended warranty deductible...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silver 02 C32 & White 05 CLK500
About extended warranty deductible...

So this is the problem guys, I took my 60k c32 to the mb dealer (had leaking oil gaskets, bad swaybar links, bad crank pulley). They told me that after they change the parts, they have to charge me for the the oil filter which is going to cost me additional $22 besides my deductible. My deductible is $200. However, today I get a call and they tell me there is a new law in Indiana(my state) that says that I have to pay some sort of taxes and my new total is $257. I think that they told me that I was paying the taxes on the parts. I thought that if they change parts that are under warranty, I ONLY PAY MY DEDUCTIBLE ($200) as stated in the contract. I am just wondering if they are ing me and trying to get more money out of me or if this is true. Its not as if I mind paying the extra $35, but I dont want to be made a fool out of. Has anything like this happened to you guys? I have the Easy Care extended warranty. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1991 Toyota MR2, 2002 C32 AMG
I'm in Florida so I can't really chime in on Indiana state law however the deductible is usually non-taxable here in Florida.

Where is Easy Care from?
Old 02-17-2009, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
That's entirely possibly and not all that surprising. It could be a tax on anything under the sun. Possibly the oil that was replaced or disposed of (assuming it was replaced since you have a new filter?). Not likely it’s the tax on parts because that is (should be) covered by your warranty.
Simple way to find out….ask them exactly what the charge is for and what this supposed new law is. Share with us when you find out because now I’m curious.

Originally Posted by alkrstev
So this is the problem guys, I took my 60k c32 to the mb dealer (had leaking oil gaskets, bad swaybar links, bad crank pulley). They told me that after they change the parts, they have to charge me for the the oil filter which is going to cost me additional $22 besides my deductible. My deductible is $200. However, today I get a call and they tell me there is a new law in Indiana(my state) that says that I have to pay some sort of taxes and my new total is $257. I think that they told me that I was paying the taxes on the parts. I thought that if they change parts that are under warranty, I ONLY PAY MY DEDUCTIBLE ($200) as stated in the contract. I am just wondering if they are ing me and trying to get more money out of me or if this is true. Its not as if I mind paying the extra $35, but I dont want to be made a fool out of. Has anything like this happened to you guys? I have the Easy Care extended warranty. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
C63
I have Mercury and it is the BEST! Very nice people and are willing to work with the shop.

Beware though of an ******* mother****er scumbag called Peter Ledington from auto warrenty broker.com he promised 2 gas cards for me and my sister and never got them never replied to my emails nothing. BEWARE he is a POS
Old 02-17-2009, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Mikegpr03
I have Mercury and it is the BEST! Very nice people and are willing to work with the shop.
Agreed! That is who I use and have used many MAAAAANY times in the past. The initial price of the warranty has paid for itself several times over.

Last edited by SilverBulletAMG; 02-17-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
That's entirely possibly and not all that surprising. It could be a tax on anything under the sun. Possibly the oil that was replaced or disposed of (assuming it was replaced since you have a new filter?). Not likely it’s the tax on parts because that is (should be) covered by your warranty.
Simple way to find out….ask them exactly what the charge is for and what this supposed new law is. Share with us when you find out because now I’m curious.
+1
Old 02-17-2009, 03:02 PM

Thank you guys for all your responses. I am going to pick my car up from the stealer this thursday, so I will keep you posted on what they charged me for. I was a little surprised though that they told me that the next day after they told me that few parts need to be replaced.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by turbo16lbs
I'm in Florida so I can't really chime in on Indiana state law however the deductible is usually non-taxable here in Florida.

Where is Easy Care from?
Not really sure, but this is the link to the website

http://www.easycare.com/[/URL]
Old 02-17-2009, 03:09 PM

I got my car at 46k and it did not have a warranty. So, I got the Easy Care from the dealer since it was the only one offered. I paid for the best coverage $2850 (2 year 24k). I had to pay $200 deductible every time I took it to the stealer (about 5 times now). My warranty is running out in a month so I was just trying to get everything checked on the car. I want to get another extended warranty for a year. What do you guys suggest and how much would I pay? Thank you
Old 02-17-2009, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
I got my car at 46k and it did not have a warranty. So, I got the Easy Care from the dealer since it was the only one offered. I paid for the best coverage $2850 (2 year 24k). I had to pay $200 deductible every time I took it to the stealer (about 5 times now). My warranty is running out in a month so I was just trying to get everything checked on the car. I want to get another extended warranty for a year. What do you guys suggest and how much would I pay? Thank you
I paid less than that for the premium package Mercury (aka The Auto Club) offered which is full bumper to bumper and ZERO deductible. I believe I went with 2 years unlimited miles. My POC over there is Lee, call 512-697-0504.

Many places won't cover C32s anymore. I can't blame them either, but if you do call, let us know what the going rate is these days. I believe mine expires here pretty soon....
Old 02-17-2009, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
I paid less than that for the premium package Mercury (aka The Auto Club) offered which is full bumper to bumper and ZERO deductible. I believe I went with 2 years unlimited miles. My POC over there is Lee, call 512-697-0504.

Many places won't cover C32s anymore. I can't blame them either, but if you do call, let us know what the going rate is these days. I believe mine expires here pretty soon....
Thanks SilverBulletAMG. I tried calling the # you gave me, the first time I got no response, the second time someone picked up and hung up... Do you have a website for the Mercury warranty?
Old 02-17-2009, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Thanks SilverBulletAMG. I tried calling the # you gave me, the first time I got no response, the second time someone picked up and hung up... Do you have a website for the Mercury warranty?
I don't have a website but here is another number to try. Ask for James Lee if you get through. 800-247-3728 or direct 512-697-0505(0504). Or for all I know in this *****ty economy they went belly up. I just had a torsion bar replaced under warranty about a month ago though.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:17 PM

Just an update on my situation...I picked up my c32 today. In short, I did not have to pay for the extra "taxes". I made one of the service people call my warranty company and talk to them to clarify the whole thing. I had talked to one of the representatives of my warranty company the previous day and they told me that all taxes are paid for by the warranty, and all I had to pay was the deductible. The MB service guy gave me some bs that since I bought the car from Illinois there was some mix-up. I personally think that the mix-up was that they were trying to get money out of me for no reason and make a fool out of me. Thank you for all your posts.

BTW, I did see another silver c32 being serviced at the same dealership. Did any of you guys service your c32 at Nappleton Auto Werks 1349 Indianapolis Blvd., Schererville, IN? Just wondering if someone with a c32 lives near me.