Eurocharged Performance, Jake, you rock! - MBWorld.org Forums

Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203)
Eurocharged Performance, Jake, you rock! >

Eurocharged Performance, Jake, you rock!

Notices
C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) Discuss the C32 and C55 AMG.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eurocharged Performance, Jake, you rock!

Old 03-19-2009, 04:47 PM
  #1  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
jturkel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Valves of Houston
Posts: 4,852
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Thumbs up Eurocharged Performance, Jake, you rock!

So I recently ordered my 185mm Crank Pulley kit from Jake (Loungin14) at www.Eurocharged.com

My kit included the OEM crank bolt, water pump pulley, the new upgraded bearing for the idler pulley, the idler pulley itself, and the beast: the huge crank pulley. my buddies and I were installing the crank pulley in our shop/garage this week. Started installing it on Tuesday. We ran into a little difficulty getting the impact wrench to the crank pulley, so I called Eurocharged for some advice. I left a voicemail. 10 minutes later, Jake called back and gave me advice and left me with his cell phone number in case I can't get through to anyone else in the shop. What a guy....thats dedicated to customer support, giving out his personal cell phone number to me... Anyway, I called him several times that day to verify tq specs and answer all of my annoying questions (probably called him on 5 separate occasions).

My buddies and I ran into a little trouble on the install because of a slight wobble. I spoke with Jake and he reminded me to torque down those bolts on the pulley (which we forgot to do) which should fix the problem. So yesterday (Wednesday), we went back to fix the wobble, Then we couldn't figure out exactly what size they were and Jake spoke with the people in his shop to double triple check we were using the correct bit/key to tighten it down so as not to strip. As we were torquing them down to the tq spec, the unexpected happened: the hex bolt snapped! yes, snapped in half. half of the hex bolt was in my hand and the other half in the pulley. CRAP! What do I do?

I called Jake.....left a voicemail on his cell phone. He called me back and I explained the scenario to him. He said I could just bring it to a shop and they can easily remove the bolt and replace it with the same size one and everything would be ok......but then the pause.....

he says "nevermind that. i'm going to overnight you a brand new crank pulley with those bolts tightened down just in case. i want this to be perfect. no mistakes.".....

wow......overnighting me the 11lb pulley? something like 170 bucks....it gets better....I offered to split the shipping b/c that is SO absurd of a price and I felt really bad about it......idk why the bolt snapped as we werent near the 35 ft/lbs required for the bolt (at 22ish) but i'm sure my buddies and i obviously had to have done something wrong for this to happen.......

but then he said "no. i'll cover the whole thing. no worries." I asked him several more times to let me at least split it, but he just wouldn't let me. What a great guy and a great company. He is overnighting me another crank pulley to the shop my car is currently at.

I simply cannot say enough about this experience. Jake and Eurocharged gave me EXCELLENT customer service: quickly returning calls, giving advice, and offering to overnight out a whole new crank pulley so i can have peace of mind and not even let me split shipping cost? oh did I mention Jake had a sick child when I called him on his cell phone Wednesday night and he still made the time to get back to me? That's customer support.

Jake and Eurocharged Performance: You rock! I cannot being to say how appreciative and thankful I am for what you have done for me....and now I can still be ready for my dyno tune this Saturday!

Last edited by jturkel; 03-19-2009 at 05:04 PM.
jturkel is offline  
Old 03-19-2009, 04:50 PM
  #2  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
1qikctr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: sf
Posts: 1,613
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Merc power
Jake and Eurocharged Performance: You rock! GUess i'll be gettting a 185 soon from jake!
1qikctr is offline  
Old 03-19-2009, 06:01 PM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
c32used's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,171
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
LET C32 2002
Thumbs up

ALL from the Chicago area Rock when it comes to CS

I plan on visiting new Eurocharged shop over the weekend.
c32used is offline  
Old 03-19-2009, 06:01 PM
  #4  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 844
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I DON'T COME HERE ANYMORE
props to Jake at EC! Sounds like a great co to deal with!
rockjock is offline  
Old 03-19-2009, 07:11 PM
  #5  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
c32AMG-DTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,949
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by rockjock View Post
props to Jake at EC! Sounds like a great co to deal with!
+1

An exemplary display of excellent customer service... kudos to Jake/EC.

Josh - keep an eye on those hex bolts; they seem to occassionally cause issues. Maybe the shearing forces applied on them up and down the rpm range fatigues the alloy material (since they're the only "line of defense" keeping the outer ring from spinning on the inner hub)?
c32AMG-DTM is offline  
Old 03-19-2009, 09:50 PM
  #6  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
jturkel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Valves of Houston
Posts: 4,852
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM View Post
+1

Josh - keep an eye on those hex bolts; they seem to occassionally cause issues. Maybe the shearing forces applied on them up and down the rpm range fatigues the alloy material (since they're the only "line of defense" keeping the outer ring from spinning on the inner hub)?
will do!
jturkel is offline  
Old 03-20-2009, 12:10 AM
  #7  
SPONSOR
 
loungn14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago/ DC/ Houston/ Toronto / Hong Kong
Posts: 5,122
Thanked 45 Times in 34 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Thanks guys. Just trying to treat people the way I want to be treated.

I still don't know how you did that! We tested a ton of bolts at the shop and the lowest ft/pound we found a break at was 52! - quite a bit off from 32-35

Only one thing Josh....im not paying for your new rear tires that you gonna need soon.

loungn14 is offline  
Old 03-20-2009, 12:34 AM
  #8  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
c32AMG-DTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,949
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by loungn14 View Post
Thanks guys. Just trying to treat people the way I want to be treated.

I still don't know how you did that! We tested a ton of bolts at the shop and the lowest ft/pound we found a break at was 52! - quite a bit off from 32-35

Only one thing Josh....im not paying for your new rear tires that you gonna need soon.

Word on the street is that cruzin gives all those guys free tires anyway...
c32AMG-DTM is offline  
Old 03-20-2009, 01:20 AM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
jturkel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Valves of Houston
Posts: 4,852
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by loungn14 View Post
Thanks guys. Just trying to treat people the way I want to be treated.

I still don't know how you did that! We tested a ton of bolts at the shop and the lowest ft/pound we found a break at was 52! - quite a bit off from 32-35

Only one thing Josh....im not paying for your new rear tires that you gonna need soon.

haha it is SOo weird. i have no idea how it happened. can't wait for the car tomorrow to bust those tires loose and then the tune on Saturday!

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM View Post
Word on the street is that cruzin gives all those guys free tires anyway...
that is the word on the street...i think he gave Mike (Hooleyboy) a set who does not want them (if i remember correctly)....i may try to steal them
jturkel is offline  
Old 03-20-2009, 01:57 AM
  #10  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
aleksandar1099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,192
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 2 Posts
Mercedes
I have to say that I completely agree with everything that jturkel said!

I have had all of my work done on my car at Eurocharged and I could not be happier than I am! They have unbelievable rates and OUT OF THIS WORLD customer service.

All of the guys at Eurocharged/LET really have a true passion for what they are doing, and they share this with the customer. They go above and beyond what is asked or even necessary to get the job done PERFECTLY!!!!

I can personally say that I would never go to another company, or even expect another company to do what Eurocharged/LET has done for me!!

It is beyond words that I can recommend them to anyone I meet!!!

I want to really thank all of the guys there for their amazing work and service!!
aleksandar1099 is offline  
Old 03-20-2009, 09:47 AM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
razormb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Aberdeen, MD
Posts: 251
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
CLA
Also did the 185 install last weekend and had the same issue with the wobble.
We had no clue about the bolts and went for a test drive with them only hand tight. I had placed a call to Jerry earlier and he called back right after we got back and told us about the bolts. My S/C cuts out due to increased boost, so we couldn't punch it which probably saved us from some catastrophe.

BTW after you torqued the bolts did it eliminate most of the wobble??? Mine still does it but not as bad.
razormb is offline  
Old 03-20-2009, 11:43 AM
  #12  
SPONSOR
 
hooleyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Glendale Arizona
Posts: 3,193
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
R.I.P C55./ 2005 SL55
Josh if my car is unable to be finished today. Saturday night if you head to the drags you can use my slicks at the track. I will drive out there in my minivan and you can store your stock tires in my vinivan when you are racing.
hooleyboy is offline  
Old 03-20-2009, 03:32 PM
  #13  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
jturkel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Valves of Houston
Posts: 4,852
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by razormb View Post
Also did the 185 install last weekend and had the same issue with the wobble.
We had no clue about the bolts and went for a test drive with them only hand tight. I had placed a call to Jerry earlier and he called back right after we got back and told us about the bolts. My S/C cuts out due to increased boost, so we couldn't punch it which probably saved us from some catastrophe.

BTW after you torqued the bolts did it eliminate most of the wobble??? Mine still does it but not as bad.
that was the problem.....when we were torquing the first bolt....snap....but Jake and Eurocharged took care of me!

Originally Posted by hooleyboy View Post
Josh if my car is unable to be finished today. Saturday night if you head to the drags you can use my slicks at the track. I will drive out there in my minivan and you can store your stock tires in my vinivan when you are racing.
i want to see your car running mike.....so i'm going to pretend i didn't read that so you don't jinx yourself.....if the unfortunate happens though, i would really appreciate that!
jturkel is offline  
Old 03-20-2009, 03:35 PM
  #14  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
jturkel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Valves of Houston
Posts: 4,852
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Thumbs up

as a general update, Jake PM'd me this morning to tell me that my pulley had been successfully signed for and delivered at the shop. great follow-up. customer service before and after payment/transaction, before and after shipping......Jake/Eurocharged.....you are yet to cease to impress me
jturkel is offline  
Old 03-20-2009, 03:38 PM
  #15  
Super Member
 
turbo16lbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1991 Toyota MR2, 2002 C32 AMG
After looking at this thread I decided to take a look and I have a slight wobble. Is this going to be a problem? I don't think the guy who installed it torqued it. I'll post a video later on when I get home.
turbo16lbs is offline  
Old 03-20-2009, 03:56 PM
  #16  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
jturkel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Valves of Houston
Posts: 4,852
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by turbo16lbs View Post
After looking at this thread I decided to take a look and I have a slight wobble. Is this going to be a problem? I don't think the guy who installed it torqued it. I'll post a video later on when I get home.
mine was more than slight....make sure that it is actally wobbling and not just your eyes playing tricks on you....you can check by taking a permanent marker and just lightly trying to get the edge the wobble and see if it goes all the way around or not (the marker line)

idk about a slight wobble, but a wobble like i had (bad) could rupture a main seal (as it has on my car before, do to reusing a crank bolt )
jturkel is offline  
Old 03-20-2009, 06:02 PM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
razormb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Aberdeen, MD
Posts: 251
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
CLA
I compared wobbles... with a C32 that had a renntech pulley. His did it a bit but not as much as the 185... I do realize mine is bigger but still...

So are you sure its 35ft-lb torque? As I was told its 25...

Originally Posted by jturkel View Post
mine was more than slight....make sure that it is actally wobbling and not just your eyes playing tricks on you....you can check by taking a permanent marker and just lightly trying to get the edge the wobble and see if it goes all the way around or not (the marker line)

idk about a slight wobble, but a wobble like i had (bad) could rupture a main seal (as it has on my car before, do to reusing a crank bolt )
razormb is offline  
Old 03-20-2009, 06:06 PM
  #18  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
jturkel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Valves of Houston
Posts: 4,852
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by razormb View Post
I compared wobbles... with a C32 that had a renntech pulley. His did it a bit but not as much as the 185... I do realize mine is bigger but still...

So are you sure its 35ft-lb torque? As I was told its 25...
Jake informed me it is 32-35 ft/lbs.....call him or PM him (loungin14) just to quadruple triple check
jturkel is offline  
Old 03-20-2009, 07:54 PM
  #19  
Super Member
 
turbo16lbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1991 Toyota MR2, 2002 C32 AMG
It's a very minor wobble shouldn't be a problem. I need to put my stocks back on so I can see how this thing trully feels. Thanks for the info.
turbo16lbs is offline  
Old 03-29-2009, 11:10 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
razormb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Aberdeen, MD
Posts: 251
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
CLA
Originally Posted by jturkel View Post
Jake informed me it is 32-35 ft/lbs.....call him or PM him (loungin14) just to quadruple triple check
PM'ed but no response Although its been fine up to this point I think I'll just re torque to 35 ft/lbs.. thanks!
razormb is offline  
Old 03-29-2009, 11:57 PM
  #21  
SPONSOR
 
loungn14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago/ DC/ Houston/ Toronto / Hong Kong
Posts: 5,122
Thanked 45 Times in 34 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by razormb View Post
PM'ed but no response Although its been fine up to this point I think I'll just re torque to 35 ft/lbs.. thanks!
sorry...its been crazy busy....

32-35 is the correct torque
loungn14 is offline  
Old 03-30-2009, 12:07 AM
  #22  
Senior Member
 
razormb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Aberdeen, MD
Posts: 251
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
CLA
Originally Posted by loungn14 View Post
sorry...its been crazy busy....

32-35 is the correct torque
NP - thx for chiming I will do this tomorrow
razormb is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eurocharged Performance, Jake, you rock!


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: