C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

needswings teflon coat valve cover anybody have them??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2009 | 06:59 PM

2002 SLK 32 AMG
needswings teflon coat valve cover anybody have them??

hey guys. has anyone here purchased the needswings teflon coated valve covers?? wat does it impove?? and is it worth getting them?
Old 04-28-2009 | 09:24 PM

06 C55
It sounds very slick. Sorry, couldn't resist.
Old 04-28-2009 | 09:36 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
I have them and only get them if you want to hit 11's. The SLK on dragtimes from Germany has them as well. It improves air flow and lowers boost. This was designed for use with the cold air intake and custom InMotion tune. Who does your tuning now? Click on any of my times for video.
Old 04-28-2009 | 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32, 2012 S550
Originally Posted by cruzinquick
I have them and only get them if you want to hit 11's. The SLK on dragtimes from Germany has them as well. It improves air flow and lowers boost. This was designed for use with the cold air intake and custom InMotion tune. Who does your tuning now? Click on any of my times for video.
Sorry I'm not that tech savvy, but how does the teflon coating lower boost? And air flows through there?

Thanks in advance...
Old 04-28-2009 | 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Merc power
Originally Posted by Gramma_Benz
Sorry I'm not that tech savvy, but how does the teflon coating lower boost? And air flows through there?

Thanks in advance...
^^
Old 04-29-2009 | 04:12 AM

Volvo
2 bad they don't work on the c32.....
Old 04-29-2009 | 04:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
from the Needswings website regarding these valve covers:

"Teflon Coated Valve Covers

Teflon coated top and bottom. Coated on the top for asthetics and for corrosion protection. Coated on the underside for oil shedding benefits (to keep the oil where we want it instead of clinging to the underside of the cover). Included is a tube of Mercedes Gasket Sealant. "
Old 04-29-2009 | 08:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by Gramma_Benz

Thanks in advance...
AFAIK, the lower boost is more of a function of the higher-flowing characteristics of the new design. The teflon coating boosts this slightly, but it is primarily due to the physical characteristics of the plenums themselves. IIRC, Rob tested these extensively, and has the flow numbers on stock, NW mani, NW mani + coating; these were posted back-in-the-day on crossfireforum.org

EDIT: yes, all of your intake air flows through them - they are the upper-half of your intake manifold.

EDIT #2: disregard everything I mention above - I thought this was asking about a different NW part; my bad.

Last edited by c32AMG-DTM; 04-29-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Old 04-29-2009 | 09:28 AM

SRT6
OH MY GOD your clueless on Both Forums, Yeah VALVE COVES IMPROVE AIR FLOW AND LOWER BOOST Maybe you should crawl back under your rock and stay there. No wait Cruzin endorsing another Needswings again This is what I think of your automotive Knowledge
Old 04-29-2009 | 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Bulldogger
OH MY GOD your clueless on Both Forums, Yeah VALVE COVES IMPROVE AIR FLOW AND LOWER BOOST Maybe you should crawl back under your rock and stay there. No wait Cruzin endorsing another Needswings again This is what I think of your automotive Knowledge
Cruzin apparently thought the thread was referring to the intake plenums - I made the same mistake. Apologies for speed-reading.
Old 04-29-2009 | 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32, 2012 S550
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Cruzin apparently thought the thread was referring to the intake plenums - I made the same mistake. Apologies for speed-reading.
OK, I thought maybe I was missing something...
Old 04-29-2009 | 02:24 PM

SRT6

I'm not to sure about the cruzin part, maybe he can explain to you how the needswings intake manifolds add fuel to the car. I explained the increase in fueling came from the ECM adjusting to the increase in air flow from the intake plenums, but he is pretty sure it comes from the teflon coated piece itself
Old 04-29-2009 | 02:29 PM

I DON'T COME HERE ANYMORE
All the teflon I've installed in my car has improved the fuel....economy....
Old 04-30-2009 | 01:05 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
I'm not to sure about the cruzin part, maybe he can explain to you how the needswings intake manifolds add fuel to the car. I explained the increase in fueling came from the ECM adjusting to the increase in air flow from the intake plenums, but he is pretty sure it comes from the teflon coated piece itself
Bulldogger is just sore because his car is slow and just a dyno queen. Post up some times or stay off. I like Needswings parts, you don't no secret there. They have proven to be fast and reliable, you have what parts? You don't have any NW parts on your car do you? So how do you know what they do? Bolt them on and then talk. So what have you proven? That's what I thought. Keep puffing that's all you can do. Mod all you want and bring it heads up anytime and I'll even meet you at a track in New Mexico, that's halfway. Let's see if you accept that challenge. We'll see how much you know about your car then.
Old 04-30-2009 | 07:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Bulldogger is just sore because his car is slow and just a dyno queen. Post up some times or stay off. I like Needswings parts, you don't no secret there. They have proven to be fast and reliable, you have what parts? You don't have any NW parts on your car do you? So how do you know what they do? Bolt them on and then talk. So what have you proven? That's what I thought. Keep puffing that's all you can do. Mod all you want and bring it heads up anytime and I'll even meet you at a track in New Mexico, that's halfway. Let's see if you accept that challenge. We'll see how much you know about your car then.
While I enjoy a good race as much as any... New Mexico is halfway between Arizona and New York? If so, I really need to brush up on my U.S. geography.
Old 04-30-2009 | 09:24 AM

SRT6
While I enjoy a good race as much as any... New Mexico is halfway between Arizona and New York? If so, I really need to brush up on my U.S. geography.
Based on Cruzin's vast knowlege of cars and geograhy, I can tell he is a well rounded scholar. Hey Cruzin don't you ever get tired of making yourself look even more stupid then you already are
Old 04-30-2009 | 10:37 AM

I still cant get over jturkel's sig....man thats hot....
Old 04-30-2009 | 12:00 PM

SRT6
First how do you know my car isn't fast, you have never even seen my car but yet you know it is slow. Prove it right now with your vast automotive knowledge is it my 181 pulley, custom intake manifolds, SL55 intakes, or custom exhaust, or my LET Tune that is making me so slow.

Now you your gonna tell me to stay off the forum, I'm sorry are you a Moderator, is this forum only for racing and posting timeslips and not an information sharing area?

Did you mention too these guys too that if they keep running their LET/Eurocharged 181 or 185 pulley that they are gonna blow up their cars? Please explain the research you did to come to this spectacular conclusion??

I don't have Needswings parts on my car, it's not that I think any thing is wrong with the parts, it's just that when I open the hood I like that stock engine look.
Oh I'm sorry should I wrongly represent parts like you do. YOU WILL NEED NEEDSWINGS TEFLON COATED VALVE COVERS TO FLOW MORE AIR AND GET INTO THE 11's. How about this one NEEDSWING INTAKE MANI'S MAKE YOUR CAR RUN FAST AND INCREASE YOUR AIR FUEL RATIO.

Also Cruzin just so you know a 15.1 AFR doesn't automatically mean a piston melts, because when you car is idling your AFR is about 14.7-15.1 But I sure you already knew that.

Last edited by Bulldogger; 04-30-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 04-30-2009 | 12:17 PM
SPONSOR

From: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
ya, good it wasn't just me going...wait..what?

you guys are too much
Old 04-30-2009 | 12:42 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
First how do you know my car isn't fast, you have never even seen my car but yet you know it is slow. Prove it right know with your vast automotive knowledge is it my 181 pulley, custom intake manifolds, SL55 intakes, or custom exhaust, or my LET Tune that is making me so slow.

Now you your gonna tell me to stay off the forum, I'm sorry are you a Moderator, is this forum only for racing and posting timeslips and not an information sharing area?

Did you mention too these guys too that if they keep running their LET/Eurocharged 181 or 185 pulley that they are gonna blow up their cars? Please explain the research you did to come to this spectacular conclusion??

I don't have Needswings parts on my car, it's not that I think any thing is wrong with the parts, it's just that when I open the hood I like that stock engine look.
Oh I'm sorry should I wrongly represent parts like you do. YOU WILL NEED NEEDSWINGS TEFLON COATED VALVE COVERS TO FLOW MORE AIR AND GET INTO THE 11's. How about this one NEEDSWING INTAKE MANI'S MAKE YOUR CAR RUN FAST AND INCREASE YOUR AIR FUEL RATIO.

Also Cruzin just so you know a 15.1 AFR doesn't automatically mean a piston melts, because when you car is idling your AFR is about 14.7-15.1 But I sure you already knew that.
We'll see how much your knowledge get's you in the 11's. Get there first then talk all you want. How many LET tuned srt6's are in the 11's? One? Two? The fastest are all tuned by InMotion with afr's in the 12's. Keep pushing away on the keyboard, it's not going to help you. Like I posted on the other forum go race distant first and see if your even in the same league. I know your scared to race me. Mod away both my offers stand. We'll even make it a LET/EC vs InMotion/NW thing.
Old 04-30-2009 | 12:45 PM

03 C32 gone, 06 CLS55, 16 Tesla X
You guys shoud meet but for this
cruzinquickBulldogger
Old 04-30-2009 | 12:48 PM

03 C32 gone, 06 CLS55, 16 Tesla X
We'll see how much your knowledge get's you in the 11's. Get there first then talk all you want. How many LET tuned srt6's are in the 11's? One? Two? The fastest are all tuned by InMotion with afr's in the 12's. Keep pushing away on the keyboard, it's not going to help you. Like I posted on the other forum go race distant first and see if your even in the same league. I know your scared to race me. Mod away both my offers stand. We'll even make it a LET/EC vs InMotion/NW thing.
Now you pull LET/EC into the mix. It's gonna be bad.
Old 04-30-2009 | 02:23 PM

I thought my wife was bad this time of month....sheesh....
Old 04-30-2009 | 02:30 PM

SRT6
Cruzin, you think I'm scared to race you, now thats funny. Why don't you come out this way towards NY, hell according to your great automotive skills on top of that keen geographical mind of yours, you are like only two states away
Old 04-30-2009 | 04:33 PM

06 C55
Ok, just to egg this on a little, it looks like Springfield, Missouri is the rough halfway point between Phoenix and NYC. Since I don't know either of you, or where you live, this looked like a good 'average' of locations. Given that, you have a choice of dirt track racing at http://springfieldraceway.com/wp/ or drag racing on pavement at http://www.ozarkracewaypark.com/

Someone needs to post the video...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: needswings teflon coat valve cover anybody have them??