C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

c32 performance parts - no progress?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 01:43 AM
J J

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
c32 performance parts - no progress?

I was going to get a c32 a few years ago but ended up getting a different car. In todays used car market the c32 is good deal and I'm looking to pick one up soon.

I was surprised to see that there were no apparent progress in the aftermarket parts for these cars. Yes, there are some new players and the prices of parts have gone down as expected, but that's about it

A few years ago evo sport was at some magazine shootout at Fontana and (IIRC) dynoed at 400 whp at trapped at 115mph (great considering that todays benchmark, the 335 only trap at 102 mph at this slow track). Is that still the fastest trap and most power made on pump gas/no nos for these cars?
Old 05-14-2009, 04:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by J J
I was going to get a c32 a few years ago but ended up getting a different car. In todays used car market the c32 is good deal and I'm looking to pick one up soon.

I was surprised to see that there were no apparent progress in the aftermarket parts for these cars. Yes, there are some new players and the prices of parts have gone down as expected, but that's about it

A few years ago evo sport was at some magazine shootout at Fontana and (IIRC) dynoed at 400 whp at trapped at 115mph (great considering that todays benchmark, the 335 only trap at 102 mph at this slow track). Is that still the fastest trap and most power made on pump gas/no nos for these cars?
lol not true.

there has been QUITE a bit of progress. new custom tune, way better than the ones previously available. Larger crank pulley capable of running 5+ lbs more of boost. heat exchangers, previously not available. belt wrap kits, supercharger pulleys not previously available. intakes not previously available. separate i/c reservoirs. high stall tq converter, long tube headers.....

man no offense, what are you smoking? i dont think you HAVE been paying attention or did enough searching. sorry
Old 05-14-2009, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Originally Posted by jturkel
lol not true.

there has been QUITE a bit of progress. new custom tune, way better than the ones previously available. Larger crank pulley capable of running 5+ lbs more of boost. heat exchangers, previously not available. belt wrap kits, supercharger pulleys not previously available. intakes not previously available. separate i/c reservoirs. high stall tq converter, long tube headers.....

man no offense, what are you smoking? i dont think you HAVE been paying attention or did enough searching. sorry
All true HOWEVER, we still aren't over 400hp to the wheels. All these new parts and the numbers are still the same as when we started tuning these things when they first came out. To be fair, there really hasn't been much progress in the way of numbers (hp, tq, 1/4 mile).
Old 05-14-2009, 02:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I DON'T COME HERE ANYMORE
Thats because all the greenhouse gases slowing the cars down, so they cant get going as fast, duh.....
And the government has started to put out lower grade fuel, but call it the same, so the gas station owners can have their own supplement like Wind powa, ect.