C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Code 3 - Adjustable Sway Bar End-Links?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Code 3 - Adjustable Sway Bar End-Links?

Anybody tried these? If so, please rate them...

Thinking of installing them in addition to the control arms.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:37 PM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
Code 3 Anti sway bar Links

E-mail Me at tynerfla@bellsouth.net Cheers _PTEngineering
Old 05-29-2009, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
I want to know too.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:16 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
I am using them, but I have only used them in conjunctoin with my H&R front sway bar, so I cant really comment on how much of an "improvement" they make.

The build quality is great and I haven't had any real issues with them except for when I was lower up front, the adjustable end links on their shortest settings were still too long and I would hit the sway bar end link on other control arms. Brandon sent me shorter arms and I raised the car a bit and I have been fine since.

Maybe splinter can comment, I believe he owns this product also.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by TruTaing
I am using them, but I have only used them in conjunctoin with my H&R front sway bar, so I cant really comment on how much of an "improvement" they make.

The build quality is great and I haven't had any real issues with them except for when I was lower up front, the adjustable end links on their shortest settings were still too long and I would hit the sway bar end link on other control arms. Brandon sent me shorter arms and I raised the car a bit and I have been fine since.

Maybe splinter can comment, I believe he owns this product also.
Sounds like I should go with the short version then. Thanks for the positive feedback on them.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:33 PM
Moderator Alumni

w203 m112
Im curious, you got any more pix of your monster 695? I love that bike
Old 05-29-2009, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by TruTaing
Im curious, you got any more pix of your monster 695? I love that bike
Are you interested in buying it? It's got less than 20 miles on it and sat in my garage forever. I will PM you some pics when I get home from work. 50% of retail possibly.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Moderator Alumni

w203 m112
Originally Posted by AMGSC
Are you interested in buying it? It's got less than 20 miles on it and sat in my garage forever. I will PM you some pics when I get home from work. 50% of retail possibly.
Oh goodness.....
Old 05-30-2009, 09:48 AM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Code 3 Links

I do not normally Make a post on Vendor products, But when it comes to safety & Quality, I would pay more money and wait the Quality Parts. Tru Training found what I experienced. Except I broke both lowerball ends. The rods are too long! I wrote & also left messages to Brandon over 6 times ,requesting replacement Parts .I even blamed myself & said I would purchase a new set of ends, I got no Replies , So I looked into what (I) may have done wrong. That when I found the rods to be too long, Causing the contact & Binding. I looked closely at the rod ends, And found the Ends are made of a Hi zinc alum content. Hi pressure die cast, Great for lawn mowing light duty tractors , But not for my car ! I would Highly recommend SpeedyBenzz ( Jeff Short ). SpeedyBenz uses High quality AuroraEngineering Ball Ends. He is a little slow , but at least he does respond to his E-mails & Phone messages. If you put Speedy Benz & Code 3 Links, next to each other and make your Choice . I did and now you know why I Chose SpeedyBenz. #1 was a High Quality Part & #2 he does contact you . Cheers _PTEngineering
Old 05-30-2009, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by PTE
I do not normally Make a post on Vendor products, But when it comes to safety & Quality, I would pay more money and wait the Quality Parts. Tru Training found what I experienced. Except I broke both lowerball ends. The rods are too long! I wrote & also left messages to Brandon over 6 times ,requesting replacement Parts .I even blamed myself & said I would purchase a new set of ends, I got no Replies , So I looked into what (I) may have done wrong. That when I found the rods to be too long, Causing the contact & Binding. I looked closely at the rod ends, And found the Ends are made of a Hi zinc alum content. Hi pressure die cast, Great for lawn mowing light duty tractors , But not for my car ! I would Highly recommend SpeedyBenzz ( Jeff Short ). SpeedyBenz uses High quality AuroraEngineering Ball Ends. He is a little slow , but at least he does respond to his E-mails & Phone messages. If you put Speedy Benz & Code 3 Links, next to each other and make your Choice . I did and now you know why I Chose SpeedyBenz. #1 was a High Quality Part & #2 he does contact you . Cheers _PTEngineering
PTE - interesting info. I thought Speedybnz only made rear camber arms... does he make other suspension products as well?
Old 05-30-2009, 11:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Wasn’t going to respond in this thread lest I be accused of bashing a vendor unable to share his version of events regarding this hardware, but since my name was mentioned, figured it might be appropriate to share another member’s firsthand experiences. TruTaing, bumpnzx3, and I (among others) have previously discussed their fitment issues in the other W203 subsection when they were initially marketed by C3P. That’s not an admonition to STFF - merely validating the consistency of my previous posts relevant to this subject.

First became aware of their widespread commercial availability for our chassis through a Powergrid advertisement in Grassroots Motorsports. Because their purchase price was essentially the same from them or Code3 Performance, it seemed only proper to obtain them from a MBW sponsor. During their initial installation mockup, it was readily apparent that the lengthened C3P version would interfere against the adjacent suspension arm at full rebound – even when adjusted to their shortest possible length. To his credit, Brandon promptly offered a refund or furnishing shorter interconnecting shafts. I subsequently installed his revised version, thereby negating their claimed angularity/geometry advantage. Their adjustability facilitates a budget conscious partial solution to our differing corner and cross weights. They otherwise offer essentially no performance or durability benefit to those who’ve already fit adjustable spring perches.

By the time (~20,000 miles hence) two of their THK ball links had partially failed due to the loads imparted during spirited operation – not mechanical interference - C3P had conveniently positioned themselves as a non-participating entity on our forum. Phone calls and e-mails were rebuffed. Their current banned status was obviously earned by committing far more egregious errors in judgment than by failing to stand behind my lowly $170 transaction. Powergrid has since stepped up to ship four new joints gratis in the spirit of goodwill.

If your existing OE Lemfoerder 203 320 26 89 links’ joints are indeed free of any untoward looseness, there’s negligible rationale to invest more than the $50 per-pair cost when their replacement owing to wear is deemed necessary. IMHO, of course.

http://www.powergridinc.com/thk.asp
Old 05-31-2009, 09:23 AM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Code 3 Anti sway bar Links

Hi Sprinter: Thanks for the Web site Tip . I had looked at THK's web site , But Decided not to go on any farther and felt another failure was not in my Future. I would Gladly send My links as they set, FREE OF CHARGE. UPS ground included!! to anybody who would feel the need to use them. Cheers _PTEngineering
Old 05-31-2009, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sounds like this was an ill-concieved product to begin with. Or just bad execution and follow-up. Or all of the above.

Makes you really think twice about all the hoopla we give to members who become sponsors and then make a cash grab and dash.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by AMGSC
Sounds like this was an ill-concieved product to begin with. Or just bad execution and follow-up. Or all of the above.

Makes you really think twice about all the hoopla we give to members who become sponsors and then make a cash grab and dash.
Give us an update on your car.