C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

brand new 2006 c55 for sale!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
This is why I avoid all these "auction" conversations...

You are comparing a car at auction to a brand new car with 51 miles on it with a full warranty, even extended from the factory. Not even apples and oranges my friend you are comparing celery and captain crunch.

Nevermind that my original note clearly stated "unless bought at an auction". Regardless of my feelings for auction cars, not everyone has access to an auction which makes those values skewed right off the bat. Nevermind peoples comfort level with the auction process. To use auction values as averages is just not right, just like inferring that a good 2006 E55 can commonly be found in the high 20's is well, just not right.

I agree these cars drop like rocks, but lets be real about it and not go overboard here...
Old 06-22-2009, 05:03 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by rory breaker
Arguing with people on the internet isnt for me, so ill leave you with this - you are stretching reality again with the e55 comment. A well maintained, good condition 2006 E55 is not going for high 20's/low 30's ON AVERAGE (meaning yes maybe you'll spend your time scouring the internet/ebay to find a few shady examples) unless it has tons of miles, is/was in bad shape, or it is bought at auction. Period, end of story.

I wasnt drooling over this car, I was merely pointing out your exxagerations so they arent misinterpreted by someone without better judgement, thats all.
sorry, but at what you think the dealer could have drove the car 1.5 miles every month.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C55
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Sorry to beat a dead horse, BUT have you seen what Cs, Es and C63 are going for at auctions??? Its bad for many AMG cars. The top end ones, the SLs take even a worse beating.
Perfect icon for this lol

I wasn't referring to auctions but what the price is through private sellers, dealers and on ebay. I did a quick glance and the lowest I could find was 53k on ebay.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes
Originally Posted by FrankW
sorry, but at what you think the dealer could have drove the car 1.5 miles every month.
important life lesson I have learned - never assume anything, no matter how far fetched. if its physically possible...its possible.

also the op said it was a car that sat in the factory for years. i would think AMG is familiar with the danger of a car just sitting there not moving for years, but hey, what do I know. maybe they are complete automotive buffoons?
Old 06-22-2009, 07:20 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
important life lesson I have learned - never assume anything, no matter how far fetched. if its physically possible...its possible.

also the op said it was a car that sat in the factory for years. i would think AMG is familiar with the danger of a car just sitting there not moving for years, but hey, what do I know. maybe they are complete automotive buffoons?
if you believe what the "dealership" is telling you to sell a car then I guess anything can happen.

apparently the factory forgot that there's an extra U.S. spec C55 sitting on their lot for 3 years before they decided to let MBUSA know that they can sell it and by chance a small Mercedes dealership in WA decides to find themselves a 3 yr old C55 for sale and just happened that MBUSA got one from the factory.

they managed to FORGET to sell the car, yet you think they still remember to properly start the car, drive a short period, etc to maintain the car.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes
Originally Posted by FrankW
if you believe what the "dealership" is telling you to sell a car then I guess anything can happen.

apparently the factory forgot that there's an extra U.S. spec C55 sitting on their lot for 3 years before they decided to let MBUSA know that they can sell it and by chance a small Mercedes dealership in WA decides to find themselves a 3 yr old C55 for sale and just happened that MBUSA got one from the factory.

they managed to FORGET to sell the car, yet you think they still remember to properly start the car, drive a short period, etc to maintain the car.
man people sure stretch far in order to prove a point to make themselves feel right.

I dont know the answers man, but I dont proclaim to either. I certainly dont think MB "lost" a car nor do I think this car has been for sale in Washington for 3/4 years.

One would think its more practical that MB used this car as a showroom/demo car in the AMG factory/showroom, decided to move it out once the 63 was released, it sat on the internal dealer network for a while before the WA dealer scooped it up at a firesale price because it wasnt doing anything sitting in the factory lot. They got it, put it for sale, had a ridiculous margin on it so it was listed, negotiated, and sold in a matter of days.

I find this a lot easier to swallow than this being the only car on the planet to have sat at a dealer for 3/4 years but again, I dont proclaim to know the deal here man, we can speculate all day.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:45 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
man people sure stretch far in order to prove a point to make themselves feel right.

I dont know the answers man, but I dont proclaim to either. I certainly dont think MB "lost" a car nor do I think this car has been for sale in Washington for 3/4 years.

One would think its more practical that MB used this car as a showroom/demo car in the AMG factory/showroom, decided to move it out once the 63 was released, it sat on the internal dealer network for a while before the WA dealer scooped it up at a firesale price because it wasnt doing anything sitting in the factory lot. They got it, put it for sale, had a ridiculous margin on it so it was listed, negotiated, and sold in a matter of days.

I find this a lot easier to swallow than this being the only car on the planet to have sat at a dealer for 3/4 years but again, I dont proclaim to know the deal here man, we can speculate all day.
from someone on C63 forum who lives in Britain and picked up his car at the factory said/shown all floor demo model were European Spec. There's no point in demoing a U.S. spec car on the showroom floor for European to see.

like I've said, I wouldn't buy this car even if the selling price is low enough. The known variable (3+ year old from just sitting around) is much greater than unknown. We're not buying a Ferrari or Lambo here.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C55

It was in washington state for only about 2-3 weeks before someone bought it.

If you guys REALLY, REALLY WANT TO KNOW the story behind the c55, I can go to the dealership and ask why.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes
Originally Posted by RLx02
It was in washington state for only about 2-3 weeks before someone bought it.

If you guys REALLY, REALLY WANT TO KNOW the story behind the c55, I can go to the dealership and ask why.
I wouldnt waste your time man, I dont think it really matters. I 100% believe you that it has only been there a couple weeks for what its worth...no biggie though no one is losing sleep over it im sure.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:30 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
I wouldnt waste your time man, I dont think it really matters. I 100% believe you that it has only been there a couple weeks for what its worth...no biggie though no one is losing sleep over it im sure.
likewise. don't really care much about it. just wanted a good discussion. lol