C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Back to having Rich issues, but didnt stop some C6 and SRT8 beating

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 11:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2019 E63s AMG
Back to having Rich issues, but didnt stop some C6 and SRT8 beating

So the check engine came back on and said my post catylst 02 is reporting an issue... check the wideband and showing a 10.1 to 10.6 A/F. Obviously im going to to have to dig back into the issue as I am loosing about 60RWHP from this...

Still decided to run 2 times to see if I could get some good data on it ... The Density Air was about 2500 last night, which kinda sucks, but figured why not give it a whirl.

First race - 2008 C6 Vette, intake, chipped , 100lb chick driving; my ET was faster, but she crossed the line before me and got the win (didnt know that was possible!)

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/M...ann_692408.htm

Second Race DA lowers to 2100, and my IAT's were around 105, still low trap but was able to edge out the modified (intake, cam, header) SRT8

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/M...ann_692409.htm

Not the fastest, but like always these cars are always needing the love and attention it seems to keep them in the happy land.

Plan on heading up to Hot Import Nights this next weekend (after the 4th) ... stopping by the LET shop maybe thursday night and dig into the issues before the car heads over to the floor on display.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:30 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by alumar
So the check engine came back on and said my post catylst 02 is reporting an issue... check the wideband and showing a 10.1 to 10.6 A/F. Obviously im going to to have to dig back into the issue as I am loosing about 60RWHP from this...

Still decided to run 2 times to see if I could get some good data on it ... The Density Air was about 2500 last night, which kinda sucks, but figured why not give it a whirl.

First race - 2008 C6 Vette, intake, chipped , 100lb chick driving; my ET was faster, but she crossed the line before me and got the win (didnt know that was possible!)

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/M...ann_692408.htm

Second Race DA lowers to 2100, and my IAT's were around 105, still low trap but was able to edge out the modified (intake, cam, header) SRT8

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/M...ann_692409.htm

Not the fastest, but like always these cars are always needing the love and attention it seems to keep them in the happy land.

Plan on heading up to Hot Import Nights this next weekend (after the 4th) ... stopping by the LET shop maybe thursday night and dig into the issues before the car heads over to the floor on display.
Is it saying post cat to lean or to rich, I take it its rich from the thread title. Did your MAF get moved around? If I even touch my MAF my AF goes wacko. I'm also running a bit lean these days. Something must be in the air this summer.

Keep up the good racing
Old 07-02-2009, 12:53 AM

2019 E63s AMG
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
Is it saying post cat to lean or to rich, I take it its rich from the thread title. Did your MAF get moved around? If I even touch my MAF my AF goes wacko. I'm also running a bit lean these days. Something must be in the air this summer.

Keep up the good racing
I cleaned my engine while it was off for a while...i coulda bumped it good enough to **** it off
Old 07-02-2009, 01:20 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
I cleaned my engine while it was off for a while...i coulda bumped it good enough to **** it off
I have a sharpie mark on my MAF and intake just so I know where it needs to be in case I mess with it. If I twist it one way its Rich and the other way its lean.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:23 AM

2019 E63s AMG
I have a sharpie mark on my MAF and intake just so I know where it needs to be in case I mess with it. If I twist it one way its Rich and the other way its lean.
lol nice ... man im going to have to look at that. To bad im not closer to AZ would like to stop by the shop
Old 07-02-2009, 01:27 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
lol nice ... man im going to have to look at that. To bad im not closer to AZ would like to stop by the shop
If you ever do.. We only make C55 go faster. Wait till you see the next bag-o-tricks I pull out. I'm honestly getting worried about my transmission. I dotn knwo it it can handle the power and TQ.

BTW do you ever get shift delay at redline when you are going from gear to gear?
Old 07-02-2009, 01:40 AM

2019 E63s AMG
If you ever do.. We only make C55 go faster. Wait till you see the next bag-o-tricks I pull out. I'm honestly getting worried about my transmission. I dotn knwo it it can handle the power and TQ.

BTW do you ever get shift delay at redline when you are going from gear to gear?
nope, smooth shifting on the Kleemann Tune ... data log shows under WOT, 99.6% throttle, then just before shift points 49% for a few miliseconds, then back to 99.6% throttle...

Did you get the ElmCAN WLAN and REV? You can record your throttle load, play with it on the tunes and see if your getting a delay...then adjust the timing accordingly, i seem to have a lot or (-) advance timing
Old 07-02-2009, 01:48 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
nope, smooth shifting on the Kleemann Tune ... data log shows under WOT, 99.6% throttle, then just before shift points 49% for a few miliseconds, then back to 99.6% throttle...

Did you get the ElmCAN WLAN and REV? You can record your throttle load, play with it on the tunes and see if your getting a delay...then adjust the timing accordingly, i seem to have a lot or (-) advance timing
I do have the wifi and REV app. I will do some logging this weekend. Its really my only gripe with this car at the moment. I just might have to pull some timing out. I'm only running 5.5psi of boost right now at redline and still making a ton of power. I got a bigger pulley on the way and I might just do a total retune when I get the new pulley. In my race video's on youtube you can hear the shifting messing up from the exhaust note.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:52 AM

2019 E63s AMG
Hrm, At the LET Track day we were playing with my Tune and I noticed once we pulled the Kleemann Tune off, and started to adjust it I got the wierd shift lag. It effected my times quite a bit too...

We only had like 1 hour to play with it before the day was over so we never got to dig into what was going on, but all I remember them saying was ..."wow, they yanked some timing" about the Kleemann Tune, we promptly put it back on the ecu and I have had kept it since.

I am going to play with it more next week @ hot import nights with LET to see if we can get it dialed in with them. My Air fuel still showing way rich ... 10.1 to 10.6, the most power I have made was with no check engine, everything looking good @ 11.5 A/F ...

441 RWHP 461 RWTQ, i will scan and upload - it was on a Dynamics Dyno
Old 07-02-2009, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63
Very nice!