Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 06:11 PM
aho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
[/B]

Probably what the C32 did to it!!! His C32 really needs a Jerry or Wayne Tune though, makes all the diff in the world!!!
You have the Jerry tune from LET? Is it a noticeable difference?
Old 07-06-2009, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG(sold), 2009 CL550, 2010 S550 Majestic Black, 2010 ML550, 2006 C230, 2009 Venza
Thanks, you have a gorgeous car!
+1......one of my favs on the forum
Wow thanks a lot but there's a couple C63s that are mad sicckkk on the forum! Thanks anywayz tho
Old 07-06-2009, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
My experience with Ls2 400hp GTOs 6spd stock from a 2nd gear roll i walk them instantly. The lbs kills them.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg
My experience with Ls2 400hp GTOs 6spd stock from a 2nd gear roll i walk them instantly. The lbs kills them.
I B S? Irritable bowel syndrome?
Old 07-07-2009, 12:45 PM
aho

03 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Ubergeist
LBS= pounds, he means to say the weight kills them
Old 07-07-2009, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Originally Posted by aho
LBS= pounds, he means to say the weight kills them
Oh. I thought he was refering to their IRS.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Ubergeist
Old 07-07-2009, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
tuning will help to make power throughout the power band.. and smoother.

It would probably pick up another car length on your runs

I have tuning on my C32 now too.. finally.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Great vid! I need to start carrying a camera in my car at all times. So many missed opportunities....
Old 07-07-2009, 07:29 PM
aho

03 C32 AMG
I'd love to see some vids of your car! We needs some 185 vids!
Old 07-07-2009, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
i'll see if i can get some soon, after my header install tomorrow and after my i/c separation. it is just way too hot out here (110 currently) and the heat is resulting in too much timing being pulled. hopefully, headers will decrease the heat a little bit though the decrease in boost.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by jturkel
i'll see if i can get some soon, after my header install tomorrow and after my i/c separation. it is just way too hot out here (110 currently) and the heat is resulting in too much timing being pulled. hopefully, headers will decrease the heat a little bit though the decrease in boost.
Are you installing some proto long tubes or shorties? Do you have any dyno time coming up? Very interested in your numbers once complete.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by aho
You have the Jerry tune from LET? Is it a noticeable difference?

Have had it for over a year and YES, it makes a BIG difference. Jerry, Wayne and Jake are all classy guys and contrary to the song, "Wont take the $$ and run." They'll take your $$ and make that beast RUN!!! Now, if I could just get Jerry or wayne to do MY ML-55 tune and a TCU for the C32, I'd be a real happy camper!!!
Old 07-09-2009, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
[QUOTE=TopGun32;3610761]tuning will help to make power throughout the power band.. and smoother.

I have tuning on my C32 now too.. finally.[/QUOTE]

Thought you were selling her????
Old 07-09-2009, 06:57 PM
aho

03 C32 AMG
So I have this neighbor that lives down the street, he's always been a real ******* to my step mom. Anyways he drives a C5 corvette 6 speed, his plate reads I DARE U. I'm heading to work, running a little behind schedule so I'm weaving through traffic going about 60. I suddenly see his black vette behind me. I get in the far lane and slow down a bit to let him get next to me. When we get side by side we punch it and I immediatly start pulling, he never had a chance... LOL. We get to the next light and he rolls his window down and tellls me he wasn't in the right gear, and wants to go again. We race two more times from and dig and I rape him both times. It was the ultimate revenge
Old 07-09-2009, 07:20 PM
aho

03 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
[/B]

Have had it for over a year and YES, it makes a BIG difference. Jerry, Wayne and Jake are all classy guys and contrary to the song, "Wont take the $$ and run." They'll take your $$ and make that beast RUN!!! Now, if I could just get Jerry or wayne to do MY ML-55 tune and a TCU for the C32, I'd be a real happy camper!!!
I love hearing how much the tune will help! I'm so anxious to get it! Unfortunatly I'm trying to finish up my exterior mods first. But the LET tune will definetly be coming soon
Old 07-09-2009, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
[QUOTE=Newzchspy;3614727]
Originally Posted by TopGun32
tuning will help to make power throughout the power band.. and smoother.

I have tuning on my C32 now too.. finally.[/QUOTE]

Thought you were selling her????

Now my a relative of ours wants the car, but he is saving money. So I told him I would fix the seats, the over head console, and tune the car. I might do a coil pack and ignition wire tune up too, along with plugs.

So far I have only done the tuning. I'm saving for the rest.

I will only sell the car to somebody that won't freak out due to the CEL's or constant little issues with this car.

car is running really nice.. and I only drive in C mode.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by aho
I love hearing how much the tune will help! I'm so anxious to get it! Unfortunatly I'm trying to finish up my exterior mods first. But the LET tune will definetly be coming soon
tune really does bring this car to life.

and i am doing the exact opposite as you...performance mods first, then exterior mods lol. funny.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:55 PM
aho

03 C32 AMG
tune really does bring this car to life.

and i am doing the exact opposite as you...performance mods first, then exterior mods lol. funny.
I just ordered by black side markers, gotta get the rims powder coated, some carbon accesories and I'll be good to go. I really want an E55 now... lol

Edit: I see you updated your sig to include the LET headers, how's the car feel now? Is in louder?

Last edited by aho; 07-09-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by aho

Edit: I see you updated your sig to include the LET headers, how's the car feel now? Is in louder?
If you want louder, get rid of the resonator, rear cats, and add high flow front cats. Headers, shorties at least, didn't do much of anything sound wise. For me at least...
Old 07-10-2009, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by aho
I just ordered by black side markers, gotta get the rims powder coated, some carbon accesories and I'll be good to go. I really want an E55 now... lol

black side markers on a silver car? hmm....should look interesting. not sure if i've seen that on a silver MB yet. i have clears in my garage but i havent gotten around to putting them on yet.

what color you powder coating the rims? i think gunmetal would look sick.

yup, headers are in. first day of install, didn't notice a difference in sound. as i had previously thought and my good buddy confirmed, it may take a little bit to rebreak in my muffler with the new exhaust setup. sure enough, it sounded differently yesterday and today. definitely got lower and deeper. not quite sure how to describe the sound.....i'll see if i can find someone with a vid camera, as i don't own one.

power wise, i definitely picked up some low end tq and i pull harder up top. it was difficult to tell at first b/c the temps are SOOO hot out here (113 yesterday) but i definitely was breaking them loose 30 or something yesterday.

Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
If you want louder, get rid of the resonator, rear cats, and add high flow front cats. Headers, shorties at least, didn't do much of anything sound wise. For me at least...
+1.....though i think you had your headers and pulley and everything installed at once, which might make it hard to notice a difference made by just the headers.......i noticed when i switched from the code3 s/c pulley to the 185 my exhaust deepened too

you have a good exhaust setup. i might copy it, not sure though. do you have true dual exhaust? i'm debating whether i want throw on some high flow cats, do the sec cat delete, and then through on some kind of quad/C55 style tip setup in the back to run the rear diffuser OR just doing a custom true dual exhaust all the way back (which i think Hooley wants me to try haha)
Old 07-10-2009, 02:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes
Oh come on...that's just cheating picking on a pig like that...haha. To be more fair I think someone should race my little ol' LS1 Firebird! Great kill, btw. I love Gen 3 and 4 GM engines...but the Goat was just too vanilla and porky for me. Almost stock LS1 F-bod's run away from the LS1 Goat and they give up 75-95 horses (at least on paper) to that battleship.

On a diff note, though...if I swapped an LS2 into my f-bod and couldn't get out of the 12's (let alone the 13's) I'd kill myself.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:45 PM
aho

03 C32 AMG
I was expecting you to get a lower, deeper growl from it, glad to hear you picked up some gains When do you plan on dynoing the car again? As for the black side markers, I wanted to go with a black\silver theme with my car so the rims will be powder coated matte black to match the grill and emblems. I also ordered the carbon center caps and hope to get a carbon trunk spoiler as well. Id love a carbon front lip, but with my car being as low as it is im afraid it would get destroyed. Im might have to raise the car up and incorporate the lip sometime. Someone on the 211 forum was saying that he painted the chrome impact strips on his car black, which is something im really considering doing, id love to see a photo shop done before actually doing it. Do you know anything about HID kits? I want to get one, but have zero knowledge about how they work and what exactly ill need for them to work with my projectors.

black side markers on a silver car? hmm....should look interesting. not sure if i've seen that on a silver MB yet. i have clears in my garage but i havent gotten around to putting them on yet.

what color you powder coating the rims? i think gunmetal would look sick.

yup, headers are in. first day of install, didn't notice a difference in sound. as i had previously thought and my good buddy confirmed, it may take a little bit to rebreak in my muffler with the new exhaust setup. sure enough, it sounded differently yesterday and today. definitely got lower and deeper. not quite sure how to describe the sound.....i'll see if i can find someone with a vid camera, as i don't own one.

power wise, i definitely picked up some low end tq and i pull harder up top. it was difficult to tell at first b/c the temps are SOOO hot out here (113 yesterday) but i definitely was breaking them loose 30 or something yesterday.

+1.....though i think you had your headers and pulley and everything installed at once, which might make it hard to notice a difference made by just the headers.......i noticed when i switched from the code3 s/c pulley to the 185 my exhaust deepened too

you have a good exhaust setup. i might copy it, not sure though. do you have true dual exhaust? i'm debating whether i want throw on some high flow cats, do the sec cat delete, and then through on some kind of quad/C55 style tip setup in the back to run the rear diffuser OR just doing a custom true dual exhaust all the way back (which i think Hooley wants me to try haha)
Old 07-10-2009, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by aho
I was expecting you to get a lower, deeper growl from it, glad to hear you picked up some gains When do you plan on dynoing the car again? As for the black side markers, I wanted to go with a black\silver theme with my car so the rims will be powder coated matte black to match the grill and emblems. I also ordered the carbon center caps and hope to get a carbon trunk spoiler as well. Id love a carbon front lip, but with my car being as low as it is im afraid it would get destroyed. Im might have to raise the car up and incorporate the lip sometime. Someone on the 211 forum was saying that he painted the chrome impact strips on his car black, which is something im really considering doing, id love to see a photo shop done before actually doing it. Do you know anything about HID kits? I want to get one, but have zero knowledge about how they work and what exactly ill need for them to work with my projectors.
it did pick up a lower deeper growl. just has taken a day or two to rebreak in my exhaust.

as far as redynoing it, i want to dyno it again under similar conditions as my last dyno (https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...hp-359wtq.html), which was at around 80 or so degrees. i wont see those temps probably until at least september, so it might be until then, unless Hooley tries to convince me otherwise which he might haha......either way, im going to do a pre and post re-tune dyno and obviously will post results.

black/silver theme sounds interesting and will probably look sick. are you considering painting that vent on the hood black too? sounds like you have an idea where you wanna go. CF lips are nice....i like them, though my trunk lip has gotten some mixed reviews. some people (like Hooley's GF) dont like it, saying it doesnt look right and should be silver, matching the car since its MB. my argument is that the CF matches the CF on the pillars and i think it looks clean. i may paint it silver or just keep it as is, who knows.

the cf front lip spoilers are indeed sexy, though i cant afford one now. definitely don't want to break wanna those if you are riding low...haha

as far as HIDs, i am NOT the person to talk to. TemjinX2 is your man for that. He has made his own kit or two or three for this car and other cars.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:13 PM
aho

03 C32 AMG
it did pick up a lower deeper growl. just has taken a day or two to rebreak in my exhaust.

as far as redynoing it, i want to dyno it again under similar conditions as my last dyno (https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...hp-359wtq.html), which was at around 80 or so degrees. i wont see those temps probably until at least september, so it might be until then, unless Hooley tries to convince me otherwise which he might haha......either way, im going to do a pre and post re-tune dyno and obviously will post results.

black/silver theme sounds interesting and will probably look sick. are you considering painting that vent on the hood black too? sounds like you have an idea where you wanna go. CF lips are nice....i like them, though my trunk lip has gotten some mixed reviews. some people (like Hooley's GF) dont like it, saying it doesnt look right and should be silver, matching the car since its MB. my argument is that the CF matches the CF on the pillars and i think it looks clean. i may paint it silver or just keep it as is, who knows.

the cf front lip spoilers are indeed sexy, though i cant afford one now. definitely don't want to break wanna those if you are riding low...haha

as far as HIDs, i am NOT the person to talk to. TemjinX2 is your man for that. He has made his own kit or two or three for this car and other cars.
113 is soo hot! Its only gotten to 108 here so far but we usually have a week or two towards the end of july that peeks up to 115. I hope you get that cooling seperated and get that beast up to its full potential

I saw the vent on C Dirty Two's car black and im not sure if its the route id like to go, his car does look very nice tho. After spending so much time in the 211 forum I think getting the roof vinyled black might be something id like to do. Also im thinking about putting a carbon insert into out back bumper where a diffuser would go. My friend got a big piece of carbon and i might try to get in layed in, i think it would look nice with the black emblems and carbon trunk lip.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My C32 vs 6 liter GTO