Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
LET/EuroCharged Headers=Premature Tire Wear

WOW!

Finally got my LET/Eurocharged Headers installed and been driving with them for about a week now.
Amazing...totally impressed. I think the ECU has adapted a bit more and now it's even stronger then when they were fist put on.
I can definitely feel much more torque from down low to the midrange. Accompanied by a great exhaust tone. Previously I was considering removing my secondary cats, but I love it now. Just enough growl on full throttle, but quiet enough to not attract attention under normal driving.

But the power is awsome. I plan to re-dyno soon, but I can tell you this is the best mod I've done in a while. Power I can definitely feel which makes it all that much more fun to drive. I wonder how the long tubes would feel in comparison.(Jake?) When accelerating onto the freeway, the ESP light is going crazy all through 30,40,50....

So for those of you with a 185, I highly recommend them. Besides the fact that Jerry is a stand up guy.

Special thanks to Hooleyboy and Jturkel for their assistance as well! More stand up members and benefits to the forum.

http://www.eurocharged.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypag e.tpl&product_id=19&category_id=6&option=com_virtu emart&Itemid=61
Old 07-31-2009, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
very nice....will you still be able to pass smog with headers?
Old 07-31-2009, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32, 2012 S550
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
Visually no, but at the tail pipe highly possible.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by Gramma_Benz
Visually no, but at the tail pipe highly possible.
Why's that? IDK about Cali laws, but all your emissions equipment is still in place (i.e. they're shorty headers), correct?
Old 07-31-2009, 04:11 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Glad you like them! (told you so......had to)

Sound difference in longs and some high differences in hp and tq.

And I attract people all the time under low load, its actually pretty funny with people looking at the benz like wtf....

Old 07-31-2009, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
WOW!

Finally got my LET/Eurocharged Headers installed and been driving with them for about a week now.
Amazing...totally impressed. I think the ECU has adapted a bit more and now it's even stronger then when they were fist put on.
I can definitely feel much more torque from down low to the midrange. Accompanied by a great exhaust tone. Previously I was considering removing my secondary cats, but I love it now. Just enough growl on full throttle, but quiet enough to not attract attention under normal driving.

But the power is awsome. I plan to re-dyno soon, but I can tell you this is the best mod I've done in a while. Power I can definitely feel which makes it all that much more fun to drive. I wonder how the long tubes would feel in comparison.(Jake?) When accelerating onto the freeway, the ESP light is going crazy all through 30,40,50....

So for those of you with a 185, I highly recommend them. Besides the fact that Jerry is a stand up guy.

Special thanks to Hooleyboy and Jturkel for their assistance as well! More stand up members and benefits to the forum.

http://www.eurocharged.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypag e.tpl&product_id=19&category_id=6&option=com_virtu emart&Itemid=61
glad to hear you like the power and sound! i think i'm with you on the secondary cat delete. i was going to do it, but i like the way it sounds now. i think the secondary cat delete will just make it louder.

lemme know how the retune goes.

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
should be able to pass both visual and smog, assuming all four cats are there. smog should be passable with secondary cat delete and high flow primaries too.

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Why's that? IDK about Cali laws, but all your emissions equipment is still in place (i.e. they're shorty headers), correct?
yes they are shorties. primaries still in place.

Originally Posted by loungn14
Glad you like them! (told you so......had to)

Sound difference in longs and some high differences in hp and tq.

And I attract people all the time under low load, its actually pretty funny with people looking at the benz like wtf....

what kind of power difference do you see with LTs versus shorties on say, a heavily modded car like yours?

is the retune relatively simple to do, jake, if i send you my ecu?

in general, has anyone else noticed that adding headers actually increased the s/c whine a little bit or is just me and perhaps the really hot summer here making my s/c work harder and my forgetting what it sounds like in cold weather? i would have thought it would have resulted in less boost (havent measured yet) because of less backpressure and therefore less s/c whine (not that i mind, i like the whine )
Old 07-31-2009, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32, 2012 S550
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
I'm almost positive that these are not CARB Exempt. They probably could be, but only if you're a large manufacturer and will be selling tons of them would it be worth it to go through all the paperwork and fees.
Oh, AND in California you have to wear Birkenstocks when you submit your paperwork printed on organic, recycled paper plus have a photo of your wife proving that she does not shave her pits.

Can I legally replace an emissions sensitive part on my car with an aftermarket product?
In the state of California, it is not legal to replace an emissions sensitive device without the replacement part having an exemption from CARB. Although replacing a particular device might have no apparent effect on the emissions, and the car might even pass a tail pipe "smog-check", the replacement part is still not considered emissions legal. In many cases, the mandatory visual inspection of the vehicle prior to an official state required smog-check may result in immediate failure of the test if a non-exempt part is identified.

A part that has been issued a CARB exemption has been subjected to strict laboratory testing as required by CARB in order to demonstrate that the replacement part will not increase emissions. (These tests are NOT the same as the "smog check" test and often require "cold start" testing procedures in order to test the efficiency of the emissions system during the initial seconds of the start-up cycle.) A part that has successfully passed these tests will be appointed an Executive Order number and will be listed on the CARB website for reference. Every Executive Order part or modification has an assigned number that can be verified by Smog Check stations, BAR Referee stations, or by the ARB. This number should be displayed on or near the emissions sensitive part for reference by a smog check technician.

Last edited by Gramma_Benz; 07-31-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 c32 AMG 2012 c250 Coupe
you sound very excited..! headers will be my first real perfomance mod i will do.. i bet it feels like when you first got the car, i know i felt that way when i traded in my 02' c240 for the 02' c32.. glad your happy..
Old 07-31-2009, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
I'm almost positive that these are not CARB Exempt. They probably could be, but only if you're a large manufacturer and will be selling tons of them would it be worth it to go through all the paperwork and fees.

Can I legally replace an emissions sensitive part on my car with an aftermarket product?
In the state of California, it is not legal to replace an emissions sensitive device without the replacement part having an exemption from CARB. Although replacing a particular device might have no apparent effect on the emissions, and the car might even pass a tail pipe "smog-check", the replacement part is still not considered emissions legal. In many cases, the mandatory visual inspection of the vehicle prior to an official state required smog-check may result in immediate failure of the test if a non-exempt part is identified.

A part that has been issued a CARB exemption has been subjected to strict laboratory testing as required by CARB in order to demonstrate that the replacement part will not increase emissions. (These tests are NOT the same as the "smog check" test and often require "cold start" testing procedures in order to test the efficiency of the emissions system during the initial seconds of the start-up cycle.) A part that has successfully passed these tests will be appointed an Executive Order number and will be listed on the CARB website for reference. Every Executive Order part or modification has an assigned number that can be verified by Smog Check stations, BAR Referee stations, or by the ARB. This number should be displayed on or near the emissions sensitive part for reference by a smog check technician.
not in cali and definitely did not think about that......good find
Old 08-02-2009, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
greg, and everyone else, as an update:

when i installed these headers i only noticed a small difference. i had the pulley and tune taken care of back in the middle of march when temps were at highs of 80 or so and the car hauled *****.

with avg temps (not even highs) well above 110, my car has felt noticeably slower before the headers and only a little faster after the headers. it has been tough to really gauge how much i have picked up from these, especially after losing significant ground on a buddy's car (which is the same as before) i previously ran with evenly before my header install. the temps are tough, and with my i/c coolant setup still not split and the temps high, i havent been able to really see this addition can do................

......until last night.

last night, it dropped down to a freezing 78-80 degrees (granted it was 3 AM) and my coolant temps (im not able to monitor IATs yet) were lower than usual b/c of this (195 F as opposed to my usual 210+ from highway driving).........i gunned it.....and it was absolutely STUPID. i actually freaked out. i had just filled up the tank (added some weight), had a passenger, and not done the throttle reset, and the car absolutely hauled a$$.......definitely picked up power over my old setup.....and it wasnt until last night till i finally was able to have similar conditions as my previous setup......i am SUPER stoked....the tq just throws me back now, and when 1st gear was useless before the headers (back in march when it was cooler), it wasn't even worth trying to gun it anywhere in 1st (and im on PS2s). tires were spinning ridiculously, exhaust sounded amazing (especially under tunnels ). and car was getting sideways at the top of 1st.....WOW.

anyway, can't wait to do my retune, split my coolant system, fan mod, and tstat, and try this again and dyno. i am stoked for Oct (probably when all that will be done by).

edit: and i know i keep saying this, but i will try to get some vids soon to give you guys an idea of what the exhaust now sounds like and how hard it pulls in my crappy a$$ weather on 91 lol

Last edited by jturkel; 08-02-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32, 2012 S550
Originally Posted by jturkel
......until last night.

last night, it dropped down to a freezing 78-80 degrees (granted it was 3 AM) and my coolant temps (im not able to monitor IATs yet) were lower than usual b/c of this (195 F as opposed to my usual 210+ from highway driving).........i gunned it.....and it was absolutely STUPID. i actually freaked out. i had just filled up the tank (added some weight), had a passenger, and not done the throttle reset, and the car absolutely hauled a$$.......definitely picked up power over my old setup.....and it wasnt until last night till i finally was able to have similar conditions as my previous setup......i am SUPER stoked....the tq just throws me back now, and when 1st gear was useless before the headers (back in march when it was cooler), it wasn't even worth trying to gun it anywhere in 1st (and im on PS2s). tires were spinning ridiculously, exhaust sounded amazing (especially under tunnels ). and car was getting sideways at the top of 1st.....WOW.

anyway, can't wait to do my retune, split my coolant system, fan mod, and tstat, and try this again and dyno. i am stoked for Oct (probably when all that will be done by).

edit: and i know i keep saying this, but i will try to get some vids soon to give you guys an idea of what the exhaust now sounds like and how hard it pulls in my crappy a$$ weather on 91 lol
Now THAT's what I'm talking about! Man, those high temps kill you. For me, it's been an average 65-75 here, so I'm lovin things. Really glad to hear your beast is back in action. Just like when I got my custom dyno tune when LET was in town. The temps were over 100 and killed us all that day.

Go Speed Racer!!
Old 10-06-2011, 02:53 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
SRT-6
I found a set of these EC shorty headers for sale, and am strongly considering them.

Would it be worthwhile on the N/A M112?

Granted the gains won't be as nice as on the Kompressor V6 motors, but I still think there are gains to be had.

Unfortunately, I've seen no dyno #'s on the N/A motor.

Thanks guys,
Old 10-06-2011, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32, 2012 S550
If it's for your Crossfire, I'm pretty sure these will not fit. I know they do not fit the SRT-6's.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:41 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
SRT-6
If it's for your Crossfire, I'm pretty sure these will not fit. I know they do not fit the SRT-6's.
Affirmative.

It's too bad, because I just got a call back from Jerry and he said they would put down 18WHP on an N/A...

But, the outlet direction is all wrong, as I've seen pics. On the Crossfires, the OE headers wrap around the back of the motor.

Bummer.