Info about LET advantages

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Info about LET advantages

Hey guys,

I'm almost inactive here, but there is quite long time that I often read to keep informed, but due my english is not very good, there are some things that I don't have clear. Let me explain:

I bought my my C32 -2001- almost one year and a half ago with 175K km -no issues until now-. It has actually 190K km and sometimes when starting it "cold" I hear for a few seconds a noise -like a bearing-; I don't know exactly where it comes from, but I'm I'm planning to service it soon to see exactly what it is.

I see thar most of you have LET 185 pulley -that comes with some bearing to replace-, so here comes my doubts:

- What bearing comes exactly with the pulley kit?
- What will I gain having 185 pulley installed? (I'm in Spain, so doing LET tune is not an option)
- What bearing will you think I should replace?

I plan also to change water pump, sparks and wires.

Tks!
Old 09-07-2009, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
a 185 will definately need a tune due to lean conditions a wide open throttle.
the noise you hear is most likely a s/c pulley bearing . hpashop.com has a replacement bearing for around 49$ us
Old 09-07-2009, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
i just bought one and plan to put it on this week
Old 09-08-2009, 12:54 AM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
a 185 will definately need a tune due to lean conditions a wide open throttle.
the noise you hear is most likely a s/c pulley bearing . hpashop.com has a replacement bearing for around 49$ us
I don't see how I can do a tune here, so most probably I will continue stock
In any case, replacing wires, sparks and water pump will be done... I know I will not gain any power or torque, but it would run smoother.

Tks for bearing info

Originally Posted by moosejaw
i just bought one and plan to put it on this week

Any problems with pollution after tune?
Old 09-08-2009, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
If you want power without HAVING to do a tune, find a Used Code3 Pulley. While it will run better with a tune, it's not absolutely necessary like with a 185 pulley. You will still get a decent gain in power without any other mods.

If you want the most power, you will need to get a 185, but then you will also need to get an intake, cooling mods and most importantly a tune. You can get a tune from LET by just sending them your ECU and telling them what mods you have on your car. People have done it from overseas many times.

But that's only if you want CRAZY power!
Old 09-08-2009, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
you can run a c3 or possibly a 178 crank pulley without a tune. i run the c3 and have had no issues without a tune.
you can send your ecu to eurocharged /let for a tune and run whatever setup you choose. they also have remote tuning available but not sure of the cost to do overseas. not sure were "here" is maybe update your profile. location mods car type all help wwith your questions
Old 09-08-2009, 06:15 PM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Gramma_Benz
If you want power without HAVING to do a tune, find a Used Code3 Pulley. While it will run better with a tune, it's not absolutely necessary like with a 185 pulley. You will still get a decent gain in power without any other mods.

If you want the most power, you will need to get a 185, but then you will also need to get an intake, cooling mods and most importantly a tune. You can get a tune from LET by just sending them your ECU and telling them what mods you have on your car. People have done it from overseas many times.

But that's only if you want CRAZY power!
I use this car almost as a daily driver -I never go to track-, so I do not really need -do anybody??- a lot more power. Just curiuos to taste it after reading here a lot of good feelings after mods.

How much power and torque adds every LET mod? Anyone has that info?

In any case, I will contact LET to see if I can send ECU to remap.

Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
you can run a c3 or possibly a 178 crank pulley without a tune. i run the c3 and have had no issues without a tune.
you can send your ecu to eurocharged /let for a tune and run whatever setup you choose. they also have remote tuning available but not sure of the cost to do overseas. not sure were "here" is maybe update your profile. location mods car type all help wwith your questions
Do you have info about how much extra power/torque do you get after install C3? How do you feel the car before/after the tune?

Tks!
Old 09-08-2009, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
ok i havent had a tune done yet. waiting for a dual cai setup and then cash for a tune.
as for the c3 before i could launch at 1200 to 1500 and burn some rubber maybe 25 feet. now at 1500 ft im smokin the tires and rubber lays down as long as im in the throttle. the low end torque is amazing! i will be redynoing in the near future watching the weather for similar conditions to my baseline which was 321 hp 317 ft /lbs torque in total stock condition.
after the c3 install the car is crazy fast on the low end. im not expecting much higher numbers on the dyno but i AM expecting the torque numbers will shoot up rite from the launch. as of now its a bear to launch! car just wants to go sideways with the torque. having to relearn how to get this power to the ground
Old 09-09-2009, 11:21 PM

C63AMG
Thumbs up How Does It Feel?

Originally Posted by Galodourado
I use this car almost as a daily driver -I never go to track-, so I do not really need -do anybody??- a lot more power. Just curiuos to taste it after reading here a lot of good feelings after mods.

How much power and torque adds every LET mod? Anyone has that info?

In any case, I will contact LET to see if I can send ECU to remap.

Do you have info about how much extra power/torque do you get after install C3? How do you feel the car before/after the tune?

Tks!
The vehicle scoots good with tune and 185 pulley. We used the stock heat exchanger, since the Eurocharged one supplied to us did not fit within the confines of the front bumper/cover assembly. We also used the upgraded heat exchanger pump they supplied us. The 185mm pulley kit also came with the waterpump pulley and new idler pulley. Smooth as silk in the high rpms, acceleration more aggressive now. No over heating experienced. Good bang for the buck. Some K&N filters are a great top off for the project.