C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Direct Buy Warranty (Lengthy)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 12:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 C32 AMG
Direct Buy Warranty (Lengthy)

Anyone using Direct Buy Warranty? Searched around the internet for review and they seems to be reputable. I do not have any type of warranty coverage and I'm thinking about signing with them.

I am currently looking for reputable 3rd party extended warranty since my C32's mileage is getting up there. According to lots of current customer reviews (from June to Oct.1st '09) this company is legit has great customer service, low rates and never increase rates when renewing.

Let me know if you are a current customer and your experience with them. Is this too good to be true??

Here's what I've been quoted:

My car: 73,000 miles, '03 C32, I currently live in Alabama

My quote:

I use this promo code to get free $250 gas card plus 30%off : gas20 (Until Oct. 30, 2009)

DirectBuy Warranty
Corporate Headqaurters
402 Main Street Suite 100-306 Metuchen,NJ 08840
Phone: 1-888-865-4484
Fax: 1-888-574-9086

Coverage: Gold Coverage with Unlimited Mileage
Deductible: $0
Added Coverage Options: Seals & Gaskets and Super Turbo/Charger

Term: 3 Years + Unlimited Mileage
Down Payment: 299.98

Here's my payment breakdown:

Additional Coverage: $99.98
Savings: -$1463.98
1 Payment of: $2415.97
Today's Payment: $299.98
12 Payments of: $176.33
Final Price: $2415.97

Here's the protection description:

Covered Items:

Engine
Transmission
Steering
Cooling
Electrical
Fuel Pump
Drive Axle
Brakes
Differential Assembly
24/7 Service
Towing
Rental Car
Locksmith Service
Out of Gas
Dead Battery
Trip Interruption

Protection Coverage Chart*

Covered:
Gasoline/Diesel Engine
Cylinder block, cylinder head(s) if damage by internally lubricated parts. All internally lubricated parts including: pistons, piston rings and pins, crankshaft and main bearings, connecting rods and rod bearings, camshaft and bearings, pushrods, rocker arms, valves, valve springs, seats and guides, lifters, followers, oil pump, timing chain, timing belt and gear. Harmonic balancer, dip stick & tube. Valve covers, timing cover, and oil pan if damaged by internally lubricated parts; vacuum pump, engine mounts.

Transmission
Transmission case, transfer case and pan if damage by internally lubricated parts. All internally lubricated parts including: torque converter, vacuum modulator, internal linkage, and transmission mounts.

Drive Axle
Housing(s) and cover if damage by internally lubricated parts. All internally lubricated parts including: axle shafts, universal joints and yokes, constant velocity boot or joint or both, wheel bearings/hubs, drive shaft center bearings, supports, propeller shafts, locking hub mechanisms.

Steering
Steering box and rack and pinion unit and all their internal lubricated parts including: power steering pump and cylinder, main and intermediate steering shafts and couplings, steering knuckles; pitman arm, idler arm, tie rod ends and drag link.

Brakes
Non - ABS master cylinder, power booster, calipers, wheel cylinders, hydraulic lines and fittings; proportioning valve, backing plates, springs, clips and retainers, self-adjusters, parking brake linkage and cables.

Electrical
Alternator, voltage regulator, starter motor, starter solenoid, distributor (excludes cap, rotor and wires), window regulator, heater A/C blower motor.
Heater and Air Conditioning: Evaporator, condenser, compressor, compressor clutch, receiver/drier, field coil, accumulator, A/C high/low pressure compressor cutoff switches and heater core.

Cooling
Radiator, radiator fan blade and motor, fan clutch, water pump.

Fuel
Fuel pump, metal fuel injection lines/rails, fuel tank and metal fuel internal lubricated parts including: waste-gate, vanes, shafts and bearing.

Differential Assembly
(Front and Rear) Differential Housing (if damaged by internally lubricated parts), Axle Shaft, Ring and Pinion, Bearings, Bushings, Washers, all other internal parts contained with the differential assembly.

Super/Turbo Charger: All internal parts; Housing is covered if damaged by the failure of an internally lubricated moving part.
Seals & Gaskets: Are covered for the following assemblies; engine; super/turbocharger; transmission; drive axle(s), brakes, and air conditioning.

Not Covered:
Non-Covered Parts - Leak detections and/or any of the following parts: carburetor; throttle body; battery; battery cables; shock absorbers; struts; manual transmission clutch friction, clutch disc and pressure plate; throw out bearing; pilot bearing; clutch master and slave cylinder; manual and hydraulic linkages; distributor cap and rotor; wires; safety restraint systems (including air bags); glass; lenses; head lamp and projection lamp assemblies; sealed beams; light bulbs; fuses; circuit breakers; telephones; television / vcr; electronic and satellite transmitting / receiving devices; brake rotors and drums; exhaust system; evaporative and exhaust emission systems; oxygen sensors; weather stripping; trim; moldings; bright metal; chrome; upholstery; carpet ; zippers; nuts, bolts, and fasteners; cup holders; dash pad and vents; seat frame; seat frame recliner mechanism; paint; outside ornamentation; inside and outside door handles; mirrors; hinges; lift gate and hood supports; hubcaps/wheel covers; bumpers; body sheet metal and panels; body parts; frame and engine cradles; body mounts; mounting brackets and structural body parts; vinyl and convertible tops; tires; wheels/rims. Seals and gaskets are covered only if needed in conjunction with a covered repair for vehicles with up to 80,000 odometer miles at the time of the Breakdown; near object avoidance systems; speakers and wiring.
Scheduled Maintenance Service and Adjustments - Maintenance services and parts recommended in the Vehicle Manufacturer's Maintenance Schedule. Unless required in conjunction with a covered repair, the following are not covered under this agreement: mechanical adjustments filters; lubricants; coolants; fluids; refrigerants and the service operations necessary to replace them. Other normal maintenance services and parts, including, but not limited to: alignments; wheel balance; tune ups; sparkplugs; spark plug wires; hoses, belts; brake pads; brake lining; brake shoes; wiper blades; squeaks and rattles; water leaks; wind noise; thermostat are not covered.

Last edited by C32AMGSC; 10-04-2009 at 01:02 AM.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Marsaydees
I would just keep the money in the bank and use it in the event that a repair is needed.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
I wouldn't own ANY AMG w/o a FULL warranty. Repairs come often and aren't cheap. My warranty has paid for itself many times over.
It's also becoming very hard to find anyone that will cover AMGs so, if you have someone willing to cover your 32, I'd say jump on it.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
Since your car is modified, how do you think this paragraph from the VI. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY will impact your coverage:

M. If Your Vehicle has been altered and does not meet manufacturer’s specifications, including but not limited to, any custom or add-on part, all frame or suspension modifications, lift kits, oversized/undersized tires, emissions and/or exhaust systems modifications, or power train modifications will result in a claim denial.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
heres a way to test it! im meeting some benz guys oct 23 at steele al afor midnight madness drag races. 9 pm to 1 am come on over and lets run the 32 !
Old 10-04-2009, 11:19 AM

03 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Lenin
Since your car is modified, how do you think this paragraph from the VI. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY will impact your coverage:

M. If Your Vehicle has been altered and does not meet manufacturer’s specifications, including but not limited to, any custom or add-on part, all frame or suspension modifications, lift kits, oversized/undersized tires, emissions and/or exhaust systems modifications, or power train modifications will result in a claim denial.
I agree, but if they deny the claim then it's best for me to cancel the coverage. They will refund any money paid. Both the down payment and any monthly payments made.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by C32AMGSC
I agree, but if they deny the claim then it's best for me to cancel the coverage. They will refund any money paid. Both the down payment and any monthly payments made.
It really depends on the dealership you would be taking your car to for whatever repairs. My local dealer did all the installs for me and as such has gone to bat for me on all warranty work. I'm slightly modded and have never had an issue with coverage thanks to the dealership I go too.

Trending Topics

Old 10-04-2009, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
It really depends on the dealership you would be taking your car to for whatever repairs. My local dealer did all the installs for me and as such has gone to bat for me on all warranty work. I'm slightly modded and have never had an issue with coverage thanks to the dealership I go too.
Yes, slightly.
VRP Headers - LET 185mm Pulley - LET Tune - C3P Intake - CM30 Pump - C3P HE - Phenolic Spacers - TVT Modified T-Stat - Green Filters - Magnaflow Front Cats - Resonator & Rear Cat Delete - H&R Springs - Denso IK22 Plugs - Magnecor 8.5mm Wires - Weltmeister Quad Exhaust - CF diffuser, spoiler, mirror covers - 18" AMG Turbine Rims
Old 10-04-2009, 08:29 PM

03 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
I just need to find me a dealership that will work with me. Since I'm slightly modded too
Old 05-25-2011, 01:40 AM

2002 Jeep Liberty
Direct Buy Warranty

I have a DBW account currently. I am looking for current and past customers who are unhappy with the company. If you would be interested in filing a class action suite against this company. Please contact me at jl44511@yahoo.com Thanks!I have a DBW account currently. I am looking for current and past customers who are unhappy with the company. If you would be interested in filing a class action suite against this company. Please contact me at jl44511@yahoo.com Thanks!
Old 05-25-2011, 01:56 AM

2005 C55 AMG
I don't trust aftermarket warranties that are not supported / backed by the factory. The only warranty I would get outside of MB's std coverage is the Chrysler warranty (if its still available, and you qualify).

When your claim is denied, as it inevitably will be at some point, it will always be MORE costly to fight it, then to pay for the repair.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:38 AM

C55 AMG, E55 AMG
I don't like warranties that lists what they cover. There are just so many loop holes and ways to deny coverage with this one, since you have to know each and every component and sub-component.

I prefer "exclusionary" warranties. i.e. "we cover everything EXCEPT the following..."
Old 06-26-2011, 11:59 PM

06 Mercedes E500
Check out the complaints about the company on this website = http://complaintwire.org/Complaint.a...GgDOdgjMRAeSZw
Old 06-27-2011, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
it seems great!
Old 09-20-2011, 05:47 PM

Honda Pilot
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by C32AMGSC
Anyone using Direct Buy Warranty? Searched around the internet for review and they seems to be reputable. I do not have any type of warranty coverage and I'm thinking about signing with them.

I am currently looking for reputable 3rd party extended warranty since my C32's mileage is getting up there. According to lots of current customer reviews (from June to Oct.1st '09) this company is legit has great customer service, low rates and never increase rates when renewing.

Let me know if you are a current customer and your experience with them. Is this too good to be true??

Here's what I've been quoted:

My car: 73,000 miles, '03 C32, I currently live in Alabama

My quote:

I use this promo code to get free $250 gas card plus 30%off : gas20 (Until Oct. 30, 2009)

DirectBuy Warranty
Corporate Headqaurters
402 Main Street Suite 100-306 Metuchen,NJ 08840
Phone: 1-888-865-4484
Fax: 1-888-574-9086

Coverage: Gold Coverage with Unlimited Mileage
Deductible: $0
Added Coverage Options: Seals & Gaskets and Super Turbo/Charger

Term: 3 Years + Unlimited Mileage
Down Payment: 299.98

Here's my payment breakdown:

Additional Coverage: $99.98
Savings: -$1463.98
1 Payment of: $2415.97
Today's Payment: $299.98
12 Payments of: $176.33
Final Price: $2415.97

Here's the protection description:

Covered Items:

Engine
Transmission
Steering
Cooling
Electrical
Fuel Pump
Drive Axle
Brakes
Differential Assembly
24/7 Service
Towing
Rental Car
Locksmith Service
Out of Gas
Dead Battery
Trip Interruption

Protection Coverage Chart*

Covered:
Gasoline/Diesel Engine
Cylinder block, cylinder head(s) if damage by internally lubricated parts. All internally lubricated parts including: pistons, piston rings and pins, crankshaft and main bearings, connecting rods and rod bearings, camshaft and bearings, pushrods, rocker arms, valves, valve springs, seats and guides, lifters, followers, oil pump, timing chain, timing belt and gear. Harmonic balancer, dip stick & tube. Valve covers, timing cover, and oil pan if damaged by internally lubricated parts; vacuum pump, engine mounts.

Transmission
Transmission case, transfer case and pan if damage by internally lubricated parts. All internally lubricated parts including: torque converter, vacuum modulator, internal linkage, and transmission mounts.

Drive Axle
Housing(s) and cover if damage by internally lubricated parts. All internally lubricated parts including: axle shafts, universal joints and yokes, constant velocity boot or joint or both, wheel bearings/hubs, drive shaft center bearings, supports, propeller shafts, locking hub mechanisms.

Steering
Steering box and rack and pinion unit and all their internal lubricated parts including: power steering pump and cylinder, main and intermediate steering shafts and couplings, steering knuckles; pitman arm, idler arm, tie rod ends and drag link.

Brakes
Non - ABS master cylinder, power booster, calipers, wheel cylinders, hydraulic lines and fittings; proportioning valve, backing plates, springs, clips and retainers, self-adjusters, parking brake linkage and cables.

Electrical
Alternator, voltage regulator, starter motor, starter solenoid, distributor (excludes cap, rotor and wires), window regulator, heater A/C blower motor.
Heater and Air Conditioning: Evaporator, condenser, compressor, compressor clutch, receiver/drier, field coil, accumulator, A/C high/low pressure compressor cutoff switches and heater core.

Cooling
Radiator, radiator fan blade and motor, fan clutch, water pump.

Fuel
Fuel pump, metal fuel injection lines/rails, fuel tank and metal fuel internal lubricated parts including: waste-gate, vanes, shafts and bearing.

Differential Assembly
(Front and Rear) Differential Housing (if damaged by internally lubricated parts), Axle Shaft, Ring and Pinion, Bearings, Bushings, Washers, all other internal parts contained with the differential assembly.

Super/Turbo Charger: All internal parts; Housing is covered if damaged by the failure of an internally lubricated moving part.
Seals & Gaskets: Are covered for the following assemblies; engine; super/turbocharger; transmission; drive axle(s), brakes, and air conditioning.

Not Covered:
Non-Covered Parts - Leak detections and/or any of the following parts: carburetor; throttle body; battery; battery cables; shock absorbers; struts; manual transmission clutch friction, clutch disc and pressure plate; throw out bearing; pilot bearing; clutch master and slave cylinder; manual and hydraulic linkages; distributor cap and rotor; wires; safety restraint systems (including air bags); glass; lenses; head lamp and projection lamp assemblies; sealed beams; light bulbs; fuses; circuit breakers; telephones; television / vcr; electronic and satellite transmitting / receiving devices; brake rotors and drums; exhaust system; evaporative and exhaust emission systems; oxygen sensors; weather stripping; trim; moldings; bright metal; chrome; upholstery; carpet ; zippers; nuts, bolts, and fasteners; cup holders; dash pad and vents; seat frame; seat frame recliner mechanism; paint; outside ornamentation; inside and outside door handles; mirrors; hinges; lift gate and hood supports; hubcaps/wheel covers; bumpers; body sheet metal and panels; body parts; frame and engine cradles; body mounts; mounting brackets and structural body parts; vinyl and convertible tops; tires; wheels/rims. Seals and gaskets are covered only if needed in conjunction with a covered repair for vehicles with up to 80,000 odometer miles at the time of the Breakdown; near object avoidance systems; speakers and wiring.
Scheduled Maintenance Service and Adjustments - Maintenance services and parts recommended in the Vehicle Manufacturer's Maintenance Schedule. Unless required in conjunction with a covered repair, the following are not covered under this agreement: mechanical adjustments filters; lubricants; coolants; fluids; refrigerants and the service operations necessary to replace them. Other normal maintenance services and parts, including, but not limited to: alignments; wheel balance; tune ups; sparkplugs; spark plug wires; hoses, belts; brake pads; brake lining; brake shoes; wiper blades; squeaks and rattles; water leaks; wind noise; thermostat are not covered.
My experience with DirectBuy has been good and bad. The good part is that they do pay the ASE certified repair center directly. The bad part is if you use a dealer (like I have a Honda Pilot and use the Honda dealer), they reimburse the Honda Dealer on the cheapest OEM parts they can find on the INTERNET, mainly using the AutoParts warehouse website to base their reimbursement price. What got me "a litttle" angy, was that my car needed a Driver Side Window regulator replaced and they reimbursed Honda for the OEM regulator that does not have a motor in it (you need a motor to lift the window up and down). They told me that Honda should use the old motor with the new part. Honda's window regulator always comes with the motor and Honda only carries regulators with motors!! Of course I would want a new motor with a new regulator, but the price difference is $35.97 that they will pay, vs $115.44 they shpuld have paid...so I must cover the difference!!
Old 12-26-2011, 03:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 IS350C
They just sold me a 5 year BtoB plan for $3479.00 which does seem to good to be true, especially after most of the other places will no even cover the 2005 SL55 AMG. I did some google searches and found a lot of complaints about them so I am little concerned now. I checked Carcheck.com for a price and they can do four years for about $6019 but it is not BtoB and there is a $100 deductible. Since I put it on a credit car I could just tell them to reject it since it does not go into effect until Jan 25th 2012 .
Old 01-31-2012, 08:50 PM

Direct Buy Warranty a Fraud

I purchased a 2003 Mini Cooper S. I looked on the internet to purchase a extended warranty for my car. I came accross Direct Buy Warranty. I called them and gave them my miles and the year make and model. They told me they could extend my warranty to 200k miles with a warranty for 2400.00 total. They told me it would cover everything on my car except body, clutch, light bulbs, and wear and tear items. I accepted the contract and knew it had a 30 day waiting period. I purchased the warranty in December in 2011. The grace period was over on the 18th of January.On or about January 24th 2012 I heard a strange noise in my car. I drove it to Global BMW Mini in Atlanta. They inspected my car and told me I had a suspension problem. They inspected the car and I gave them my warranty contract and number. This was on Friday this past week. I heard back from them today on Monday, January 30 and they told me this was a pre exising condition and it would no be covered. I called back 2 times today and they hung up on me. I finally got somneone on the line and asked them how this could be a pre exising condition when it just happend. They told me it didnt matter and hung up again. I asked them to cancel my contract and refund my money since they would not pay. They said no because I filed a claim and it was a pre existing condition. I got the cancelation documents from them and it reads if I sign and cancel I wave all judements, suits and claims. They are trying to keep charging me card and not paying. So I canceled my debit card and disputed the item with my bank. If you look on the internet and google earth their address its inside a UPS Store. They have over 2-3 k compaints. Just google the company Direct Buy Warranty and read the stories. They are pathetic. I have lost a total of 387.50 in charges with nothing to show for it. They deny everyones claim and say its pre existing. They are required to send a Tech out to look at the car. No one was sent and I asked them how do they know it was pre existing condition and they told me they have ASE people who know it is. I have all books and maintenance reocords on my car from 2003 to 2012 and all current. My car has not been neglected.

Gaylon L Murphy
943 Peachtree Street Unit 1609
Atlanta GA 30309
404 989 0063
Old 02-01-2012, 06:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 IS350C
I am glad I dropped mine right away. Did not waste on cent on those guys, I just put a bunch away into my own warranty fund for my 2005 SL55 and will hope for the best.

There is a lot of information out there about these guys.... All you have to do is google them and start reading and you realize fast why the price was so low for the warranty you get from them....
Old 02-01-2012, 07:34 AM

02 C32 AMG, 06 C230 Sport (Gone)
There are few aftermarket warrantys that are worth anything, Warrantech, Maxcare, and PAG are the only I would purchase and I work with these as a SA on a daily basis. Any warranty company that contacts you directly is no good.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:21 PM

Mercedes C55 AMG
I have the same warranty on my c55. It's bomb.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:37 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Currently: 2019 E450 AWD, Previous: 2002 CLK55 Cab
Just put a deposit down on a CLK 55AMG

I have been losing my mind over the last 24 hours trying to find an extended warranty company that would give me some coverage for an AMG and I can tell you that they are few and far between. I found three:

. Direct Buy Auto Warranty: They say that they are direct administrators of the policy and offer Platinum Elite coverage for this AMG - 3 yrs/36k miles/0 deductible/ service anywhere but preference for MBZ dealerships for $3100.

2. Carchex: They offer Platinum coverage 3yrs/75k miles/$500 deductible/ service anywhere for $6224. They also offer a Gold level, lesser coverage - 3yrs/36k/$500 deductible for $4479.

3. Drive Trust USA writing a policy for Lasalle Warranty Co: (Specialize in AMG/ Maseratti and Lotus, exotics) 3 yrs/54k/$500 deductible/$4348.

Of the three the Direct Buy folks were the nicest on the phone when I called and the most prompt in sending me quotes and contractual information to review in making my decision. I asked for references and they supplied two websites:

1- http://autowarrantybureau.org/

2- http://cawa.us/index.php

As you can see they are full of anonymous reviews which speak positively about the company. Never satisfied with reviews without context I drilled down with Google and sadly I didn't have to drill too deep:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/direct-buy-auto-warranty-metuchen

http://complaintwire.org/complaint/p5gBAAAAAAA/direct-buy-warrnty

http://www.pissedconsumer.com/?option=com_search&Itemid=38&searchword=Direct%20B uy%20Auto%20Warranty&go=

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/direct-buy-auto-warranty-california-c456737.html

I have never seen complaints of this breadth and scope of a company that wasn't under indictment or civil complaint. I can get over the occassional angry "yelper" who is a serial complainer but these complaints span a period of years and are decently geographically dispersed. Out of extreme fairness I actually sent these links to the nice salesman from DB and invited his response. I wonder if I'll ever hear from him again. Needless to say since the car got such a clean bill of health from the MBZ dealership in an independent pre purchase inspection and has such low miles I am going to just bank the money that I was going to spend on a policy and make a rainy day fund for the car instead of giving it to these guys and depending on them to watch out for me.