C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

My Kleemann vandalized

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 camaro
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
That sucks. Just goes to show it can happen to anyone. Looks like you live in a nice area too. Might be time to get some cameras watching your car.

I hate it when stuff like this happens
+ 1

I bet I would have a camera waiting out there incase you have to ever park it outside the garage again.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
Originally Posted by turb0
Been a long time lurker on the c32 and e55 forum and sorry to hear about that man......with all the money spent on these cars, shouldn't you guys have atleast a decent alarm system? I use to have a pretty nice Clifford alarm system on my car and it was well worth the investment. As some of you have mentioned about the Honda community, morons have attempted to steal my FMIC several times, and even had the ***** to whack my fender with a bat or pipe AFTER the alarm went off and ran away....You should consider yourself lucky that the guy who tried to strip the supercharger was a complete dumbass and had no idea what he was doing as compared to a professional who could of possibly dismounted more than just your supercharger within a few hours, maybe less.......don't be stingy get an alarm lol....the camera idea is a good choice but if you think about it, it's only for survelliance purposes and won't prevent theft or vandalism, though it could MAYBE help catch the retard later on ....having a good alarm system would have MOST idiots running like a little ***** with minimum damage to your car...so get both! haha....good luck
Alarms are basically noise makers...no point in spending tons of money on a alarm system any pro can bypass. The stock alarm is sufficient. Anyone who really wants your car, can take it.

I knew a guy with a 6th gen civic with a $2000 viper alarm system. The car was stolen so they could steal the viper alarm system and dumped the car later.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
to the op...i would suggest a motion detector IP camera recording into a server and motion detector watch light. That why the camera will only record when there's motion and you can access it via the internet or computer hdd.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
A much better idea

I have a guard dog (AKA the panty dropper)

and one of these
Old 10-19-2009, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by moosejaw

I have a guard dog (AKA the panty dropper)
cute dog. is that shih tzu?
Old 10-19-2009, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by jturkel
cute dog. is that shih tzu?
yes
it is extremely well behaved
Old 10-19-2009, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
yes
it is extremely well behaved
haha looks like mine. i'll see if i can find a pic later (not to be posted in this thread though; don't wanna go more OT on an important thread)
Old 10-19-2009, 01:10 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
I got surveillance on my house, and these wild beasts watching over the driveway as well.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
I got surveillance on my house, and these wild beasts watching over the driveway as well.

lol. any pics of the battle wound from those ferocious cats of yours?
Old 10-19-2009, 02:47 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
I still have a huge scare on my right hand from the brown & white one. They both are are feral cats so they can be a bit unpredictable. If they wag their tails, move away. Other than that they are both pretty cool. However after 3 years they still hate the dog.

the cats wait all day by the door for me to get home. Not to mention they like to sleep on my head or in a bathroom sink.

--------
I got 6 cameras watching the outside and inside of m house all hard wired. Then I went to Costco and bought the 4 camera wireless one for like $100 It hooks up to your computers network and records to the hard drive or remote location.

I find that the Costco cameras work just as good if not better than the big expensive setup I got going. And I dont need a huge multiplexer to sync them up.

Even though they are wireless 2.4hrz you still need a power source near by to power the cams.

From experience, once you catch something on them its worth installing cameras.

My HOA fined me repeatedly for the cameras (LAME!) until I caught a moving truck being stolen. After that I never got a fine for have them.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:20 AM
aho

03 C32 AMG
ROFL, this totally turned into a pet thread...lol

Sorry to hear about your car Alumar

Last edited by aho; 10-19-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none

Last remark from me bc this thread is so important and cannot go offtopic

Those two beasts need the P-90X system Stat.
Those are some heavyweights...
Old 10-19-2009, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID

Last remark from me bc this thread is so important and cannot go offtopic

Those two beasts need the P-90X system Stat.
Those are some heavyweights...

My Lhasa can take your Shih Tzu!!!
Old 10-19-2009, 04:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I DON'T COME HERE ANYMORE
Hooley has cars....wow. Moose has a floor duster-Turkel-you dont happen to drive a Miata on the weekend, do you
Sorry to hear about the car-as many would-keep us updated and eyes open!
OT-I like the Sig-I have a P225
Old 10-19-2009, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
glock 26 is my choice.
hooley are you telling you sleep with a pu$&y on your head? man you ARE a god!!! :}
back on task alumar sorry to hear about the vandals. clean the garage asap!
Old 10-19-2009, 11:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2019 E63s AMG
Thanks a lot for the support guys, crazy how this thing went down... So some updates...

1) Vandals cut several hoses including intercooler hose and a few injector wires.
2) Since I turned the car on before I knew anything was wrong, the inital torque from the belt may have damaged the supercharger, cause after replacing injector wires and hoses, the supercharger makes a cluncking sound from the pully area...

We feared the worse ... were the blades screwed to hell??? was there internal damage on the valves if the supercharger wasnt bolted all the way down ... many question, to many actually without tearing the whole damn thing apart to dig in ...

So thats what we have done...

Supercharger as been pulled off and with a great offer from Corey @ Kleemann I am placing on a pallet and shipping to him to inspect/fix for nearly nothing (obviously i will pay for the mans labor!) but a gracious offer to repair the front phonolic (sp?) coupler and bearing ... for nearly nothing is awesome!

Here is a video of the Supercharger off ... showing its functionality ... and lack there off from the front pully area (gets tight and loose between spins ..making a grinding sound near the pully)

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/K...ger_714170.htm -- (mabye still processing)

At the end of the day, most all of the hoses, injector wires, part of the fuel rail, several vacum lines are all needing to be replaced do to this .....

Thanks again for the show of support, we do have a great community of folks on here!

Btw, Camera's should be up by the weekend!

Last edited by alumar; 10-19-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by alumar
Thanks a lot for the support guys, crazy how this thing went down... So some updates...

1) Vandals cut several hoses including intercooler hose and a few injector wires.
2) Since I turned the car on before I knew anything was wrong, the inital torque from the belt may have damaged the supercharger, cause after replacing injector wires and hoses, the supercharger makes a cluncking sound from the pully area...

We feared the worse ... were the blades screwed to hell??? was there internal damage on the valves if the supercharger wasnt bolted all the way down ... many question, to many actually without tearing the whole damn thing apart to dig in ...

So thats what we have done...

Supercharger as been pulled off and with a great offer from Corey @ Kleemann I am placing on a pallet and shipping to him to inspect/fix for nearly nothing (obviously i will pay for the mans labor!) but a gracious offer to repair the front phonolic (sp?) coupler and bearing ... for nearly nothing is awesome!

Here is a video of the Supercharger off ... showing its functionality ... and lack there off from the front pully area (gets tight and loose between spins ..making a grinding sound near the pully)

<<<< VIDEO STILL UPLOADING ON STREETFIRE >>>>>> will be placed here soon !!!

At the end of the day, most all of the hoses, injector wires, part of the fuel rail, several vacum lines are all needing to be replaced do to this .....

Thanks again for the show of support, we do have a great community of folks on here!

Btw, Camera's should be up by the weekend!
That sucks big time. Kleemann is going above and beyond so big props to the Kleemann guys. It must have been a nightmare and I'm sure it still is. Needless to say never under estimate the stupidity of a thief. Maybe they come back.and try to hit your house again. This time you will be ready.

In the end, it could have been alot worse. These scumbags could have broken into your house and god know what could have happened.

The C55K will live again. Keep your chin and your guard up. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Stand up professionalism from Kleeman, now.......
Clean out that garage and put your car in there
Old 10-20-2009, 12:25 AM

2019 E63s AMG
Stand up professionalism from Kleeman, now.......
Clean out that garage and put your car in there
haha its clean now ..as you can see in the video of my supercharger !! i finished what i needed in my basement and got everything pretty much out of garage now....talk about modivation!
Old 10-20-2009, 04:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Wow. Corey and Kleemann. Way to go guys. Class act for sure

Alumar.......are you going through insurance for this?
Old 10-20-2009, 12:11 PM

2019 E63s AMG
Insurance is a touchy subject, essentially they cover the c55 amg parts, but not the kleemann, due partly to the fact I didn't have it properly declared. Essentially you need to declare everything extra you want coverage on, with recipts in hand. This normally increases your premium too.

Most of the hoses and wires I can get them to cover; but the repair on the supercharger is on me. Hense why the money kleemann will save me is huge! Granted if I had to pay thousands I probably would, but like anyone, regardless if you can afford something, if someone is willing to save you some money it's a gift to accept. Actions like this is why I would stay kleemann loyal for life.

Last edited by alumar; 10-20-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
wont home owners insurance cover it since it happened at your house. I know those deductibles are bigger then autos though.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 Designo 030
It looks like you have done some progress and have plan now. That's very good.

Props to Cory and Kleemann.

Hope to see your beast up and running shortly!
Old 10-20-2009, 12:24 PM

2019 E63s AMG
If the supercharger is damaged beyond repair I would be looking into homeowners for sure. But if cheaper repair not worth taking he hit on insurance.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by alumar
If the supercharger is damaged beyond repair I would be looking into homeowners for sure. But if cheaper repair not worth taking he hit on insurance.

yeah its a tricky line when making claims.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Kleemann vandalized