My Kleemann vandalized

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by alumar
Thanks a lot for the support guys, crazy how this thing went down... So some updates...

1) Vandals cut several hoses including intercooler hose and a few injector wires.
2) Since I turned the car on before I knew anything was wrong, the inital torque from the belt may have damaged the supercharger, cause after replacing injector wires and hoses, the supercharger makes a cluncking sound from the pully area... How, unless they cut an external oil line, why would the intercooler or injector lines effect the supercharger at all

We feared the worse ... were the blades screwed to hell??? was there internal damage on the valves if the supercharger wasnt bolted all the way down ... many question, to many actually without tearing the whole damn thing apart to dig in ...

So thats what we have done...

Supercharger as been pulled off and with a great offer from Corey @ Kleemann I am placing on a pallet and shipping to him to inspect/fix for nearly nothing (obviously i will pay for the mans labor!) but a gracious offer to repair the front phonolic (sp?) coupler and bearing ... for nearly nothing is awesome!

Here is a video of the Supercharger off ... showing its functionality ... and lack there off from the front pully area (gets tight and loose between spins ..making a grinding sound near the pully)

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/K...ger_714170.htm -- (mabye still processing)

At the end of the day, most all of the hoses, injector wires, part of the fuel rail, several vacum lines are all needing to be replaced do to this .....

Thanks again for the show of support, we do have a great community of folks on here!

Btw, Camera's should be up by the weekend!
Sorry to hear about this missed up situation. And in regaurds to insurance carriers, not only do I take pictures of added goodies, but I also make my carrier come over and visually see it. I found this out the hard way back in the early 90's with regaurds to a custom stereo. aka claimed it was never in the car to begin with

Good luck, and as many here have said, it could have been worse. The family means WAY more to me than any car, which can be replaced. Cheaply I hope in your case my friend
Old 10-20-2009, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
wont home owners insurance cover it since it happened at your house. I know those deductibles are bigger then autos though.

NO, an HO Policy will not cover the Benz, even if it were parked in front, on the driveway or in the garage. The auto comprehensive coverage covers the theft/attempted theft of the vehicle and its parts.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
I would venture to say that the homeowners policy would act as a supplement to what auto comp wont cover
Old 10-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alumar,

Just saw this now. Very sorry to hear this happened to you bro. Glad Corey stepped up to the rescue. Saw the vid and just hearing that clunking noise makes me quiver. Hope it gets fixed soon.

One other thing is how do you know that clown who pulled this stunt off isn't lurking in this forum? I'd be kind of weary since like what others have said to pull something like that off on your car which stock doesn't have a s/c. Thinking it could be maybe an inside forum job? Hopefully not.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2019 E63s AMG
Tbh I haven't even reached out to my homeowners, but obviously will if given a fat bill. Worth the try
Old 10-20-2009, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by moosejaw
I would venture to say that the homeowners policy would act as a supplement to what auto comp wont cover
NO, the homeowners is never excess over the auto policy for auto!! If it were personal property in the vehicle, that's different, BUT a supercharger attached to a car engine is considered part of the vehicle(and auto comprehensive would apply).
Old 08-01-2012, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 Mercedes C32 amg
Sorry hear the bad news bud. I'd rather get slapped in the face then have someone mess with my car.