My Kleemann vandalized

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CL55
Originally Posted by moosejaw
Real dumb move!!!
I mean how many ppl have an AMG C55 or CLK 55 in the STL Area?
Like you werent going to come across them at track meets or hear it coming down the road?
You are right there aren't many AMGs running around the StL that aren't garage queens.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:02 PM
RES

2005 C55, 1988 260E, 2000 Chevrolet Silverado
Check with your DMV to see if anyone ran your plates to get your address
Old 10-15-2009, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
Man...Seems like a nice neighborhood too... WTH.. F'in *******s.. I hope everything is OK..

Ya should really consider install'n a Blackbox (kinda like CCTV) inside of your car.. It's a really popular item in Korea.. Cost about $300-500..

Also, your car should lock it self even if you forgot to lock it.. I think..
Old 10-15-2009, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Damn! I'd literally sleep in the garage hiding under a tarp to catch this loser & beat the krap outta him...This crap is inexcusable
Old 10-15-2009, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Merc power
Originally Posted by Thericker
Damn! I'd literally sleep in the garage hiding under a tarp to catch this loser & beat the krap outta him...This crap is inexcusable
I'm with you on this one ^^ beat down stick time.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
damn that sux...i'm glad they didn't take anything. It happens a lot in the honda community. Basically theives go to car events like meets and stuff to check out other peoples cars. Then they get the plates, look up or follow someone home.

The pros...usually just tow your car and take it some place and take there time. Honestly i wouldn't leave your car outside anymore.

But those guys are idiots to try to steal mercedes tuner parts, especially in a community this small.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C55
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
damn that sux...i'm glad they didn't take anything. It happens a lot in the honda community. Basically theives go to car events like meets and stuff to check out other peoples cars. Then they get the plates, look up or follow someone home.

The pros...usually just tow your car and take it some place and take there time. Honestly i wouldn't leave your car outside anymore.

But those guys are idiots to try to steal mercedes tuner parts, especially in a community this small.
this is why i left the honda scene many years ago. While the DC2 ITR was still king, no one really wanted one because you couldn't drive it anywhere without thinking it was going to get jacked...

I really hope no one lurking the forum tried to jack it. How'd they get the hood open without any forced entry?

BTW good call on the camera; although my car is in the garage, my jeep and my roomate's car are parked in the driveway so we have a web cam recording onto our server 24/7.

I hate thieves.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RLx02
this is why i left the honda scene many years ago. While the DC2 ITR was still king, no one really wanted one because you couldn't drive it anywhere without thinking it was going to get jacked...

I really hope no one lurking the forum tried to jack it. How'd they get the hood open without any forced entry?

BTW good call on the camera; although my car is in the garage, my jeep and my roomate's car are parked in the driveway so we have a web cam recording onto our server 24/7.

I hate thieves.

yeah same reason i got rid of my JDM dc2. Anyone with a gsr or type R would eventually have there car stolen. So i decided to get the c32 instead of living fear of my car being stolen. Especially since insurance said they wouldn't cover my engine work.

I read a lot of stories of people getting there car stolen right out of there drive way..via tow truck.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
My neighbor has an S2000 with a Comptech SC. He worries everynight someone is going to steal his seats???? and his car is garaged......
He is so paranoid about it, maybe righfully so.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Exclamation

WOW Dude talk about envious people wanting what you have..I know the economy is bad but to what extent does one grow ba!!$ like that to do it there in front of your house? I bet a neighbor somehow unknowingly scared them off..GL
Old 10-16-2009, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Take it from an ex-honda guy...

1) Someone followed you home from the track
2) Someone in your inner circle isnt your friend

Thats really it. For someone to come in and try to take the supercharger versus stealing the whole car....my guess is it was someone who probably thought or KNEW you wouldnt be home, or would be sleeping or away from the car. Really man, professional thieves would have just stolen the car, point blank. For someone to think they had time to take your car apart, they must have thought you wouldnt be there. Start thinking about who knew where you were and what you were doing in that circle who knows about your car.

Also, thieves are all over websites like this make no mistake. When you talk about going to x track on x day, if they want your car, they will find you, and they will follow you, and they will take it.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My neighbor has an S2000 with a Comptech SC. He worries everynight someone is going to steal his seats???? and his car is garaged......
He is so paranoid about it, maybe righfully so.
its because its easier for thieves to sell the seats since there either direct bolt on or can be slightly modifed to fit onto other hondas.

The sc would be harder to sell since the s2k community is small and pretty close knit...Similar to the mercedes community.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
SLK55 AMG, E320 BlueTec, ML350, (formerly) C32 AMG, MR2 Turbo, HD-FLH-FSE, BMW R100RS, Ducati M900
Scum-bag weasels

Originally Posted by rory breaker
Take it from an ex-honda guy...
1) Someone followed you home from the track
2) Someone in your inner circle isnt your friend
Thats really it. For someone to come in and try to take the supercharger versus stealing the whole car....my guess is it was someone who probably thought or KNEW you wouldnt be home, or would be sleeping or away from the car. Really man, professional thieves would have just stolen the car, point blank. For someone to think they had time to take your car apart, they must have thought you wouldnt be there. Start thinking about who knew where you were and what you were doing in that circle who knows about your car.
I agree with Mr. Rory. No causual thief is gonna know that any C55 had a Kleeman under the hood. The real theives would steal the car. This had to be a person who:

A.) Knows you
B.) Knows your car
C.) Thinks they know when you are home or away
D.) Has big A$$ balz to sit with wrenchs in your f-ing driveway

Invest in the following:
1.) A dog. Mine can hear my daughters car coming from two blocks way, lol. They can alert you to abnormal activity in the yard.
2.) Heat activated/motion activated cameras with alert function, so you know when intruders are creeping around your driveway. Be aware, that you may be distrubed by what they record.
3.) Weapons - pick your favorite. I'm not advocating homicide. No theft is justificaiton to take a life, but frankly, any person or persons, wicked and bold enough to steal the SC'er right out of the driveway is not going to hesitate to take you down, if you were to accidentally or purposely interrupt their efforts, by coming outside. Protect yourself and your family.
4.) Finally, a storage pod of any kind so that the garage can be cleand out and the AMG safely inserted within.

Irish
Old 10-16-2009, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by JG26_Irish
I agree with Mr. Rory. No causual thief is gonna know that any C55 had a Kleeman under the hood. The real theives would steal the car. This had to be a person who:

A.) Knows you
B.) Knows your car
C.) Thinks they know when you are home or away
D.) Has big A$$ balz to sit with wrenchs in your f-ing driveway

Invest in the following:
1.) A dog. Mine can hear my daughters car coming from two blocks way, lol. They can alert you to abnormal activity in the yard.
2.) Heat activated/motion activated cameras with alert function, so you know when intruders are creeping around your driveway. Be aware, that you may be distrubed by what they record.
3.) Weapons - pick your favorite. I'm not advocating homicide. No theft is justificaiton to take a life, but frankly, any person or persons, wicked and bold enough to steal the SC'er right out of the driveway is not going to hesitate to take you down, if you were to accidentally or purposely interrupt their efforts, by coming outside. Protect yourself and your family.
4.) Finally, a storage pod of any kind so that the garage can be cleand out and the AMG safely inserted within.

Irish
this is an excellent post. all the way through i agree with all of this
Old 10-16-2009, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG(sold), 2009 CL550, 2010 S550 Majestic Black, 2010 ML550, 2006 C230, 2009 Venza
eedless to say, I am installing camera's at my house tomorrow with a DVR unit....
Sucks about what happened to your car. The best thing you can do is install cameras all around your house. Like a year back one punk stole my Pioneer unit from my C230 and thought he would get away with it. Thanks to the 10 cameras around the house the guy was caught like a month after. I couldnt recover my unit but he sure will think twice before breakin into someone's house again. Good luck
Old 10-16-2009, 09:39 PM

2005 E55
Apparently, my car was stolen twice before I owned it. Both times it was recovered using low-jack. I wasn't even the owner then and it still bothers me thinking about some scumbag in my baby.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:42 PM

CL 500
someone stole the third brake light on my 2004 CL500. Can someone tell me where I can order a replacement. I don't need the whole light kit, just the red lens that snaps to trunk.
thanks
Old 10-16-2009, 09:59 PM

03 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by livan
someone stole the third brake light on my 2004 CL500. Can someone tell me where I can order a replacement. I don't need the whole light kit, just the red lens that snaps to trunk.
thanks
1. Search ebay, pretty sure it'll be there.
2. try parts.com
3. Contact "Mister Brenton" he is a mod and can get you the hook up.
4. The dealership <--my always last resort.

Last edited by C32AMGSC; 10-16-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Originally Posted by livan
thanks
What is this "Thread Jacking Week?" The subject is much more important.
Read the FAQ's
Old 10-16-2009, 11:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
What is this "Thread Jacking Week?" The subject is much more important.
Read the FAQ's
lol
Old 10-16-2009, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
To the OP, take a walk around the neighborhood and see if anyone might have a camera pointed at the street. Maybe they'll have footage of a mysterious car coming in or leaving the area around the time of the crime.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
Wow!!!!!! Sorry to hear buddy!
Old 10-17-2009, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63
Cameras are a good idea. Sorry to hear about your car, I hope everything works out well!
Old 10-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Sorry to hear mang!

Karma's a b!tch!
Old 10-18-2009, 07:22 PM

Been a long time lurker on the c32 and e55 forum and sorry to hear about that man......with all the money spent on these cars, shouldn't you guys have atleast a decent alarm system? I use to have a pretty nice Clifford alarm system on my car and it was well worth the investment. As some of you have mentioned about the Honda community, morons have attempted to steal my FMIC several times, and even had the ***** to whack my fender with a bat or pipe AFTER the alarm went off and ran away....You should consider yourself lucky that the guy who tried to strip the supercharger was a complete dumbass and had no idea what he was doing as compared to a professional who could of possibly dismounted more than just your supercharger within a few hours, maybe less.......don't be stingy get an alarm lol....the camera idea is a good choice but if you think about it, it's only for survelliance purposes and won't prevent theft or vandalism, though it could MAYBE help catch the retard later on ....having a good alarm system would have MOST idiots running like a little ***** with minimum damage to your car...so get both! haha....good luck

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Kleemann vandalized