Need Help! Car won't start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 12:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Merc power
Originally Posted by loudandheard
If the CPS is bad the fuel pump will not function. So it may a bit difficult to check to be absolutely sure. I haven't heard of a lot of fuel pump failures. The odds are with you, more than likely it's the cps.
My CPS (2-3 months old OEM CPS) is fully functional at the time my FUEL pump assembly went bad. After 2 days of pen pointing problems, my mechanic and myself found failure in my secondary fuel pump assembly. CPS -Crank position sensor has nothing to do with Fuel pump. They are totally two different parts and different functions. Yes, the odds are minimal to most ppl. Unlucky few C32 owners will encounter failure Fuel pump system. parts alone is 1200+.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Originally Posted by 1qikctr
My CPS (2-3 months old OEM CPS) is fully functional at the time my FUEL pump assembly went bad. After 2 days of pen pointing problems, my mechanic and myself found failure in my secondary fuel pump assembly. CPS -Crank position sensor has nothing to do with Fuel pump. They are totally two different parts and different functions. Yes, the odds are minimal to most ppl. Unlucky few C32 owners will encounter failure Fuel pump system. parts alone is 1200+.
I was quoting what I had read in another thread about the cps. They were saying that with a bad crank sensor the spark is still supplied, but the fuel pump will not run without a crank signal.

I don't know how true that is, but it sounded like it could be the case
Old 11-16-2009, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 C32 AMG
I am borrowing my buddy's OBDII scan reader so I can have an idea what is causing the problem. I sure hope it's just the CPS problem and not the fuel pump system since everything is going to be out of pocket for me.