C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

newbie here, introducing myself (pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML
newbie here, introducing myself (pics)

Hello all, i'm a newbie here and unfortunately do not have a c32. I've been researching them for the past 8 months but have yet to purchase one. I'm looking at getting one around next spring/summer time. I was ready to purchase one 4 months ago but due to my father passing away i haven't really been able too. At the time i was choosing between a w210 e55 like my father use to have or the c32. I've decided on the C32 now I've researched all the aftermarket products for them and already decided on the mods.. I usually do this before any vehicle purchase, yes i'm crazy lol. My goal is to get any year c32, black with relatively low miles.. so hopefully i can find one. None of my vehicles right now are very reliable, so hopefully this will be. I'm still relatively young, so i need to go ahead and get the car purchase out of the way and hope to enjoy it for many, many years to come. I just hope i can find a good reliable one and be lucky like that. I don't mind to work on it, but like my Nissan 300zx, it gets old after a while. That car is one thing after another, seriously, one part breaks, i fix and another pops up a few days later. Now the ML320 i have, which was my parents, bought brand new, has had a few problems and still doesn, but it has 135k on it with no major problems.. BUT, i could probably throw a few thousand into it just as preventive maint.

I want the C32 and am willing to take that risk of problems with it. I'll probably take out a small loan just to go ahead and clean it up and do some maintanence. I really don't need the loan, but i usually take out small ones, just so the bank has credit on me in case i were to need some money in case of emergency.. so don't hate cause i'm not filthy rich lol.

My current cars as of now are a 1992 Nissan 300zx NA. I've had it for 5 years and has been a handful. 233k on it, so i guess thats the reason. Love the car though.. Has been for the most part completely gone through and runs great. I may be getting rid of it soon to come though depending on how some things work out.

I also have a 99' ML320 with some suspension tweaks, sittin on Pro-Comps. It's been cleaned up and will probably keep forever.

Anyways, my only problems with the c32 is that the body is the same as the c230 sport. I don't see why Mercedes would do that, kinda throws off the exclusiveness of the C32.

And why an AMG, because its fast, and as far as resale value, Mercedes sucks.. but i think the AMG will always hold some value in the future. I think the prices are relatively low, and doubt over time they will get that much lower. Take care guys and hope to be a regular, actual posting member.

Last edited by DrewZ9266; 12-27-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Marsaydees
Originally Posted by DrewZ9266
Hello all, i'm a newbie here and unfortunately do not have a c32. I've been researching them for the past 8 months but have yet to purchase one. I'm looking at getting one around next spring/summer time. I was ready to purchase one 4 months ago but due to my father passing away i haven't really been able too. At the time i was choosing between a w210 e55 like my father use to have or the c32. I've decided on the C32 now I've researched all the aftermarket products for them and already decided on the mods.. I usually do this before any vehicle purchase, yes i'm crazy lol. My goal is to get any year c32, black with relatively low miles.. so hopefully i can find one. None of my vehicles right now are very reliable, so hopefully this will be. I'm still relatively young, so i need to go ahead and get the car purchase out of the way and hope to enjoy it for many, many years to come. I just hope i can find a good reliable one and be lucky like that. I don't mind to work on it, but like my Nissan 300zx, it gets old after a while. That car is one thing after another, seriously, one part breaks, i fix and another pops up a few days later. Now the ML320 i have, which was my parents, bought brand new, has had a few problems and still doesn, but it has 135k on it with no major problems.. BUT, i could probably throw a few thousand into it just as preventive maint.

I want the C32 and am willing to take that risk of problems with it. I'll probably take out a small loan just to go ahead and clean it up and do some maintanence. I really don't need the loan, but i usually take out small ones, just so the bank has credit on me in case i were to need some money in case of emergency.. so don't hate cause i'm not filthy rich lol.

My current cars as of now are a 1992 Nissan 300zx NA. I've had it for 5 years and has been a handful. 233k on it, so i guess thats the reason. Love the car though.. Has been for the most part completely gone through and runs great. I may be getting rid of it soon to come though depending on how some things work out.

I also have a 99' ML320 with some suspension tweaks, sittin on Pro-Comps. It's been cleaned up and will probably keep forever.

Anyways, my only problems with the c32 is that the body is the same as the c230 sport. I don't see why Mercedes would do that, kinda throws off the exclusiveness of the C32.

And why an AMG, because its fast, and as far as resale value, Mercedes sucks.. but i think the AMG will always hold some value in the future. I think the prices are relatively low, and doubt over time they will get that much lower. Take care guys and hope to be a regular, actual posting member.
oh boy...

well at least you know what you're getting into, that's good.

seeing an ML sitting on beefy tires like that is pretty funny, heh

Last edited by Dingleberry; 12-27-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:07 PM

ML
haha i knew somebody would point that out Oh well, i can only hope. Any vehicle can be like that though, atleast i know what i would be getting into. And hey, my Nissan is like that, atleast now i know that vehicle inside and out! AND.. i can come here and tell everybody my problems, seems to be a good forum and can answer my questions..

And yes, the ML is awesome lol. A lot of people don't notice, but those who do look at me strange. Compared to before, it sits much higher with 12" of clearance. Great vehicle.. considering it was built in Alabama haha.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
you got a great set of cars. Good luck on the c32. I personally think, the c32 probably has the best in terms of speed, styling, and handling in the 12-18k price range on the used car market.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:42 PM

ML
and thats my price range, around 15k. I want a car that i can get "into" and enjoy it. I don't like most cars, so for me to do that is pretty tough. I want 4 doors, comfortable, fast, something different, and hold its value.. at the price that i'm buying it for. I mean, how do you guys feel it will do as far as value in.. 5 years? 10 years?
Old 12-27-2009, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
resale will be in the dumper just like any car 10+ yrs old. dont buy it for resale. buy it because it is what you want and the money put into it for fun. you wont get it out
now im the lone outsider here so heres my pitch! sell the nissan and look for a slk32 to replace it. its faster than a c32 and has the retractable hardtop. a panty dropper for sure!
you already have a 4 door in the ml320. just an option
Old 12-27-2009, 07:11 PM

ML
^true that, but if i want a sporty car, i want stick shift. I converted my AT to a 5spd in the Nissan cause the auto pissed me off so bad haha. I'll probably end up with having the ML and C32.. later on i will get a good sporty car project. Or keep the Z, twinturbo/rb26 swap it later on in its life. C32 will be the daily driver, ML just to take out when i need to go to the mountains, go off road, shoot guns, do whatever.. i'm always in situations like that. Oh and i also have a 96' Tacoma, you can see it in that picture. I need to get rid of that also, it just sits.

And i was just looking off like c36, c43's.. they still bring decent money. I can't see the c32 dropping that far under 10k really. I figure it'd be like the 300zx.. the good ones still bring decent money.. parts are exepensive for them.

Oh and i do plan on keeping it a long time. If i had it my way i'd never sell a vehicle i've ever bought.. but then you gotta pay insurance if you plan on driving them.. and they just sit. But the C32 would be a keeper, i want atleast 5 years of good use and fun out of it. I'll keep it forever, until we all drive hover crafts or something.. who knows where cars will be in 10-20 years

Last edited by DrewZ9266; 12-27-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
i understand. your young and sports cars must have sticks. that is until you slam the throttle on the 32. then it doesnt seem as important. with the mods i have this car is so friggin fast the auto actually helps!
Old 12-28-2009, 02:17 AM

ML
yeah its just me, when i get older i'll be tired of sticks. Usually i have problems with my knees and driving my Nissan all day my left knee would start to hurt. Hasn't been bad this year. And i bet its pretty quick.. My little Nissan is probably 240hp and as slow as it is, it'll hold its own when it wants too.. I just get lucky and have raced bad drivers in faster cars lol. A C32 i just plan on cruising, but if i need to surprise somebody, it'll have the ability to with LET 185 and supporting mods.. Just wanna mod it safely. Oh and I live in Johnson City TN, so i'll drive down there and you can take me for a ride
Old 12-28-2009, 05:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts
02 C32 AMG, 05 SL55 AMG, 09 SL63 AMG, 14 E350, '18 G550, 92 300ZX & 15' GL63 AMG
Nice! Good to see another Z32 in the forum :-]
nice pearl white, and DAMN 233K! and still running strong!
i have a Z32 with Front mounted I/C on NA Bumper covers :-] total sleeper...NOT really lol!
anywho, Welcome man!and enjoy your stay!
Old 12-28-2009, 05:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG, 05 SL55 AMG, 09 SL63 AMG, 14 E350, '18 G550, 92 300ZX & 15' GL63 AMG
AND i know how u feel about the Z32 parts breaking one after another lol! been there, done that! Had my Z for 4 years now, and still lovin her!

before the C32, i had a Lincoln Navigator 2005 pretty sick ***,
now the C32 is one BADD ride!
SUPER FAST! and SUPER EXPENSIVE to take care of! forreals!

but its all worth it!
here in sac, ive only seen 2 C32 AMG's and one of them is mine! lol
Old 12-28-2009, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
your z is quite nice.
and the jacked up ML looks the part.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:20 AM

Location: dayton ohio hopefully it will be some place warm and sunny when i finish med school
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C32 AMG silver & 2003 Lancer Evolution 8 black very moded
welcome
Old 12-28-2009, 12:22 PM

ML
Oh i love my Z32, it's always been my baby since i got it. I've driven the wheels off of it for sure. How would you compare the TT Z and the C32 in terms of power? I've driven a few TT Z's, a few stock ones and a stage III. None of them ran that well though, so they were lacking in power.. and really didn't feel much faster than my NA (boost leaks, bad turbos, low compression) I'm on 300zxclub.com and other Z forums.

And i'm thinking about just painting the ML camo and turning it into a little German Panzer tank.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:42 PM

Location: dayton ohio hopefully it will be some place warm and sunny when i finish med school
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C32 AMG silver & 2003 Lancer Evolution 8 black very moded
just depends on what you're looking to do...

a well maintained C32 is a sleeper at that... if you do the right mods you wont suffer from the infamous heat soak (such as a bigger Heat Exchanger) but you have power at your toes. its not going to be head ripping like a stage 3 TT but it will be able to run with a lot of cars stock and modded.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Oh i love my Z32, it's always been my baby since i got it. I've driven the wheels off of it for sure. How would you compare the TT Z and the C32 in terms of power? I've driven a few TT Z's, a few stock ones and a stage III. None of them ran that well though, so they were lacking in power.. and really didn't feel much faster than my NA (boost leaks, bad turbos, low compression) I'm on 300zxclub.com and other Z forums.

And i'm thinking about just painting the ML camo and turning it into a little German Panzer tank.

you cant really compare the two man :-/
both cars handle differently in that terms.

Z32 FTW when it comes to handling for sure!
and the fact that it doesnt come with any traction control what so ever! paired with that 5speed, gets all the power out of the car each gear ur in. and car is very torque'y

My Z dyno'd @ 331rwhp on stock turbos and hks single I/C

The C32 AMG on the other hand is a whole different beast of its kind.
like what they say, the C32 is a total sleeper!
you have power right on the tap on these cars, and these cars will push you back on your seat when gunnin.

all in all man, Z32 for Handling, C32 for SPEED! for sure lol.

i seriously just do intervals with what car to drive based on how im feeelin that daay! hahahaha

oh! and another thing i like about the 300ZX's are..i can put 315's on the rear! haha
im runnin 295 right now, but im a huuuggeee fan of FAT/WIDE tires
something you cant really accomplish on a C32 AMG without extensive modification to the body and such.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by moosejaw
your z is quite nice.
and the jacked up ML looks the part.
and your RX-7 is just
Old 12-28-2009, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
theres a member from the srt-6 board named hcarter who lives in kingsport tn.
they have the sanme driveline as the 32's do
so far my slk32 has laid down 341 rwhp and 337 ft/lbs of torque and im going to need a retune shortly with the exhaust mods and t/b bore im getting. hoping for 350+ at the wheels.
its a beast on the street without drag radials it just smokes the tires on launches and breaks traction from a 30 mph roll!
Old 12-29-2009, 12:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Welcome
Old 12-29-2009, 12:54 AM

ML
I would think a LET185 C32 would run good agaist a stage III TT as far as speed goes.. Handling i have to give to the Z, just guessing of course, never driven a c32. My Z is just lowered down on Tanabe's and it handles great. That mixed with the 5spd, U/D pulley, driveshaft, lightweight flywheel, its a fun car in the twisties. And i wanna see your Z32 lol, you should post some pics up.

and one thing i have to rant about.. the prices for aftermarket parts for Mercedes is crazy. Kleeman, Renntech, etc... just ridiculous. I think it was the carbon fiber interior pieces i was looking at. The price was ridiculous.

Last edited by DrewZ9266; 12-29-2009 at 12:56 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Marsaydees
I would think a LET185 C32 would run good agaist a stage III TT as far as speed goes.. Handling i have to give to the Z, just guessing of course, never driven a c32. My Z is just lowered down on Tanabe's and it handles great. That mixed with the 5spd, U/D pulley, driveshaft, lightweight flywheel, its a fun car in the twisties. And i wanna see your Z32 lol, you should post some pics up.

and one thing i have to rant about.. the prices for aftermarket parts for Mercedes is crazy. Kleeman, Renntech, etc... just ridiculous. I think it was the carbon fiber interior pieces i was looking at. The price was ridiculous.
i also had a z32tt, i'm from tt.net
anyways, it would be a close race, but with a good driver, the Z should win. my Z put down 380rwhp with the timing bumped a few degrees. best time was 11.90 @ 117. the 60 ft is really what got me that time, tearing out of the hole with a 1.5, i was ready to break something but miraculously everything held up. this was a 6k rpm dump on MT ET slicks.

seeing as how the c32 community is small, yes the mod prices are pretty high unfortunately.

just want to say that i love my c32. great little cruiser.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

oh forsure man! just check out my albums, youll see the Silver Ice Metallic Z there :-]
like said both cars are pretty much my sleeper lol.

Z is TT, with NA bumpers for the front mounted I/C
and the C32 blends in with the C230s, C320s, C350s with the sport package :-]