C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Installed Carbon Fiber Front Lip on my c32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 03:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
... are always a good time.
Installed Carbon Fiber Front Lip on my c32

I bought one of the Carbon Fiber Front Lips from Eurodyne last week. I really didnt know what to expect in regard to fit or finish but I was willing to give it a try.

I received it yesterday to be quite honest I was pleased from the moment I received the carton all the way to the final install.

First of all the product came impeccably packaged. The carton was large and the contents were triple wrapped with plastic and then bubble wrap and then padded with paper.

It took longer to unwrap then to test fit onto the car. And the fit...! It is perfect. The 6 mounting holes were "spot on". Just by looking at the holes you can see the attention to detail. Three holes on each end with the center round and the two on either side oval. This made for extremely easy fitting.

It came with hardware which I didnt use as designed. I will use it in another way which I can explain if there is interest.

I also took several pics of the install procedure and then the appearance of the vehicle with the part installed.

I am pretty picky with how things work. I was already planning to have to redrill holes and bend and torque the part to fit right. No need at all! This thing fit so well that all I needed was some heavy duty velcro (explain later) and some vinyl duct tape to line it up.

If you want one of these then you should pick it up from them. I think he mentioned that there was only a limited number available? As you know, newly developed parts for our old C's are getting rare.

I give it many Btw... did I mention that the whole install took me less then an hour.

Miguel

Pics....?
Old 12-29-2009, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
if I remember, your car is pretty low isnt it? I wanna see some pics of it! I want to see if anyone else that is pretty slammed can have a front lip on without ripping it off
Old 12-29-2009, 08:55 PM

Yes, it is pretty low already. I cut of 3 coils on my stock springs.

Uhhhh......

Just kidding. Just wanted to get you folks EXCITED!

Here is a pic from this morning. On location at the World Famous Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, California.

Yes, it does scrape on my driveway. Actually, as sadistic as it sounds I intentionally let it scrape "lightly" this morning. I wanted to test the ride height and at the same time "breaking in" the CF lip so that I wouldnt be too conscious of its virgin state.

Miguel
Attached Thumbnails Installed Carbon Fiber Front Lip on my c32-img_0046-.jpg   Installed Carbon Fiber Front Lip on my c32-img_0059.jpg  
Old 12-30-2009, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Mercedes Benz C230
Please post more pics!!! I just got one from another forum sponsor but seems too thick to install! I would have to get some really really long screws! Can you post more pics of the lip (pre-installed) and maybe of the installation
Old 12-30-2009, 06:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Thank you, Miguel!!!
After selling 9 of these lips, you are the first person who actually posted pictures! Thank you again for your kind words!!

Gary
Old 12-30-2009, 08:01 PM

Installation pics of the CF Front Lip

Okay...

Here area some pics for you. They are a little dark since I did the install in very poor lighting.

The EuroDyne kit came with a set of six bolts and nuts and 12 washers. I am going to assume that they are for the six predrilled holes on the part. I didnt use them for a very simple reason. Lazy. I didnt want to disassemble the entire section just to be able to use those bolts. I suppose that it would be the best way to install but I went a different route.

Instead of using the 6 bolts from the kit I bought a set of plastic drywall anchors and screws. First you will need to pop out the OEM plastic "pop rivets". There are three on each side of the car. This is where the front lip will be secured. Insert the plastic drywall plugs and press flush into the holes.

(Make sure that you get a set of drywall plugs that are snug. You do not want them to come lose)

I also used three four inch strips of Heavy Duty velcro to hold up the front and center areas of the CF lip. This really isnt necessary since I would be drilling and placing additional anchor bolts.

Once the plugs were set I positioned the CF lip and suspended it with some duct tape. Then I secured one side of the CF lip by using one screw into the center hole on the left side. Do not tighten yet. Do the same thing on the right side. Once it is lined up you can install the other four screws.

You should now have the CF lip suspended with duct tape and all 6 screws partially screwed in place. Slowly tighten the screws while supporting the opposite side. You do not want to place any torque/weight on the CF lip. As mentioned, use duct tape to support.

After the six screws have been tightened it is time to drill the front and provide additional support. I used the bolts that came with the kit. I measured four locations and installed the bolts. This will prevent the CF lip from moving or cracking at high speed stress.

Now the part is on and it feels very secure. I plan on adding a couple metal plates on the low portions of the CF Lip so that when it does scrape it will not tear up the lip.

The product fits excellant and the quality is very very nice. Not "flimsy" nor does it appear cheap in any way.

More pics shortly.

Miguel
Attached Thumbnails Installed Carbon Fiber Front Lip on my c32-img_0017.jpg   Installed Carbon Fiber Front Lip on my c32-img_0026.jpg   Installed Carbon Fiber Front Lip on my c32-img_0023.jpg   Installed Carbon Fiber Front Lip on my c32-img_0028.jpg   Installed Carbon Fiber Front Lip on my c32-img_0055.jpg  

Old 12-30-2009, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Gary@EuroDyne
Thank you, Miguel!!!
After selling 9 of these lips, you are the first person who actually posted pictures! Thank you again for your kind words!!

Gary
Your welcome. Thanks for a great part. Been holding off for awhile. Now I feel I need to add something else. I got some ideas!

Miguel
Old 12-30-2009, 08:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E.FIDDY.FIVE AMG
so clean man! more pics please. Euordyne sounds great, Gary is great to work with too
Old 12-30-2009, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 porsche 996 turbo
could you measure the lip for me? the c32 bunper looks just like my slk32 and i want one of these with a passion!!
does anyone know someone with a slk32 they can compare the bumpers for me?
Old 12-31-2009, 02:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C55
Gary, I got mine in today and installed it after work. Here's a teaser pic. More to come after new years.

(please ignore my dirty garage lol)

I gotta say its a great product and Pilot Freight is SO MUCH BETTER than UPSucks. I had a horrible experience with UPS and will never go through them again.

Last edited by RLx02; 12-31-2009 at 02:31 AM.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:34 AM

E.FIDDY.FIVE AMG
wow congrats. pics plz
Old 12-31-2009, 09:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 C32 1987 190E 2.3 334K miles and going
AHH!! That car just keeps looking better each time. I'd love to get one of those lips but I'm getting the retune first next Saturday in Fremont.

Miguel, why don't u come down 01-09-2010 (LET tune) and show us the car.

did u really cut those coils?

oh Happy New Year!! I'll be out there by Embarcadero! yeah, I know I'm nuts!lol
Old 01-01-2010, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by 60n5pt1
AHH!! That car just keeps looking better each time. I'd love to get one of those lips but I'm getting the retune first next Saturday in Fremont.

Miguel, why don't u come down 01-09-2010 (LET tune) and show us the car.

did u really cut those coils?

oh Happy New Year!! I'll be out there by Embarcadero! yeah, I know I'm nuts!lol
Hey man... thanks for the compliment but my car isnt "all that". Not like yours! Maybe I will come to Fremont for a visit. We'll see.

And no I didnt cut any coils. I was just joking around when I made that comment.

Miguel

ps: I hope you survived SF New Years Eve. I am on duty and will probably be picking up "party'rs" 'till late in the night.
Attached Thumbnails Installed Carbon Fiber Front Lip on my c32-miguel-carion-034.jpg   Installed Carbon Fiber Front Lip on my c32-miguel-carion-001.jpg  

Last edited by Calspeed; 01-01-2010 at 03:35 AM.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 C230K SS (sold), 06 C55 (sold), 08 Yamaha R1 (sold), 16 X5M
wait so to undo the paneling under your car to say replace the fog light on the driverside you'd have to unscrew the lip since its going through those same holes correct?
Old 10-19-2010, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0 LS2 - Blue
wait so to undo the paneling under your car to say replace the fog light on the driverside you'd have to unscrew the lip since its going through those same holes correct?
I just dremeled off the extended tabs on the wheel well covers. It's got plenty of clips, and screws without them.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lol what does that have to do with needing to get in under the bumper to replace fog lights etc. Do you have to remove the lip to do that since you attached the lip through the holes that attached the bumper to the under panel?
Old 10-21-2010, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Not really... You could just remove all the other bolts/clips on the wheel well cover, and bend it down. I don't see how you could even install and use those three bolts on the cover. Guess you can just bend it but whatever... Easiest just to dremel those tabs off the cover.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hey mine didnt come with any pre-drilled holes...wtf ...i just got 6 self tapping screws or whatever...thats kinda bogus i feel. i hate attempting to drill holes through things when trying to ensure they line up with other holes. its such a PITA.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just line up the spoiler to the holes and mark the drill spots through the top. Mine didn't have pre-drilled holes either.